Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech FO-D.U.C.K.I.E Mk I

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isobel Nakano

I
0jHYmzw.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION

• Intent: Create a cheeky and fun spy gadget for First Order Security Bureau operatives and others
  • Image Source: Rubber Duck images are from Hitman video game series; header image used was made by me.
  • Canon Link: N/A
  • Primary Source: N/A
PRODUCTION INFORMATION
  • Manufacturer: Black Lotus
  • Affiliation: First Order, Closed-Market
  • Model: Deployed Undercover Combustible, Kinetic, or Incendiary Explosive | FO-D.U.C.K.I.E
  • Modularity: Yes: the rubber duck shells can be used with one of 3 charges: red ducks - combustible (for explosions), white ducks - kinetic (for shrapnel), and yellow ducks - incendiary (for fire).

• Production: Minor
  • Material: Rubber, plastic, plastic explosive, shrapnel, incendiary fluid.
SPECIAL FEATURES

• Waterproof: Functions like a rubber duck prior to exploding
  • Adorable: Rubber duckies make bathtime so much fun
  • Floats in water: It's a rubber ducky; it floats on water
Strengths:
  • Concealable: This explosive can be easily slipped into a pocket or carried in a fist, or carried in a toiletries kit, carry-on luggage, or shower caddy
  • Unobtrusive: Made primarily of plastic and plastic explosives, and packaged in the guise of a bath toy, this device wouldn't necessarily be spotted by basic scanners
Weaknesses:
  • Underwhelming: This explosive has a mediocre range and power. It will kill someone at reasonably close range, but it's unlikely to cause serious structural damage.
  • Finicky: You have to twist the duck's head to get the explosive timer to trigger. The problem is, you have to twist it just right, until you hear the click. Any more and you might damage the timer mechanism. Any less and you fail to trigger it and end up throwing a functionally useless, albeit adorable, rubber duck at someone.
DESCRIPTION
It's stock in trade for First Order Security Bureau and other clandestine service types to need to assassinate people when needed. The trouble is getting these devices into more civilized parts of the galaxy. Enter the Deployed Undercover Combustible, Kinetic, or Incendiary Explosive (D.U.C.K.I.E.), a charming, adorable, and deadly explosive device. While it lacks the destructive power of a thermal detonator, it has the added benefit of looking totally innocuous. The device works simply: twist the duck's head forty-five degrees to the left or right (the duck's left or right, of course). This starts a timer - five seconds if it's turned left, ten seconds if it's turned right. Then, if one doesn't want it exploding in one's hand, it's prudent to throw it far away before it goes off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom