Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Flying Species? (No Wings)

I just had an idea but I have to go out and not sure if my whole day will be taken, the problem is I don't know where to start. Initially searching just before I left, wookieepedia does have a category for flying creatures, but I'm looking for those that can fly without wings. Something sort of a levitation. At will, a humanoid/near-human species that can freely float and levitate at will, up, down, everywhere, not necessarily having to touch the ground after awhile. I'm not looking for it as a Force ability, or technology, either.

Can anyone who knows Star Wars and Wookieepedia help me find such a species, if one exists? I mainly want to find some deep and hidden species that may not even have a lot of information, from the original works or Legends era, nothing really from Disney. I'd really appreciate the help, thanks!

If not, maybe I can submit something to the codex. Still, even, anyone have something similar that wouldn't be a humanoid, something I could base the species off of?

Kiiardos Rah Tarre Priest Tarre Priest

Yeah, anything that can levitate or float without having to rest. And to reiterate I'm not looking for force powers, just, natural biological ability. Unless, I guess, the species was able to do it intrinsically because of their force ability I guess. But no active casting is what I'm saying

"It was believed that they had internal organs which acted as repulsorlifts, since their wings were too delicate for such large creatures to take off from any but the lowest gravity planets." - Quoted from the Link provided.

As far as I am aware, no other species that is near-human in nature has this ability. So if you wanted a genetic alteration of a species you could, or making a new one that uses this as a basis would be reasonable.

Bao Quayan Bao Quayan

"It was believed that they had internal organs which acted as repulsorlifts, since their wings were too delicate for such large creatures to take off from any but the lowest gravity planets." - Quoted from the Link provided.

As far as I am aware, no other species that is near-human in nature has this ability. So if you wanted a genetic alteration of a species you could, or making a new one that uses this as a basis would be reasonable.

Bao Quayan Bao Quayan

Tarre if you can find me a dog with no wings and can float that is just as good lmao. If nothing human exists I can make it in the codex, but I just want pre-existing examples in SW for inspiration.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
latest.png

Gluk, Stock, and Two Smoking Lasers
Some things that sorta fit the bill:

Some things that sorta fit the bill:

Heck yeah, we got one! SUPER thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom