Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Flying Free-ish

The biggest problem with the Galaxy nowadays? Was it war? No. Poverty? No way. The potential destruction of the planet you're standing on? Not even.

Taxes. Taxes sucked hard. Freshly incorporating her own minor transport company, JunieCorp, had been totally awesome. Less awesome was the bill that arrived a few short weeks after, demanding company tax payments. Dreams of expanding her tiny little transport firm had been strangled by the imminent arrival of revenuemen. She could theoretically flip the bird at them all and disappear into the black. It'd be incredibly satisfying but exceedingly dumb. You couldn't escape taxes forever. Besides, where would she get her work if she couldn't venture into the Core?

So that was how Juniper Jett, soon-to-be captain of note, found herself in a Coruscant spaceport yet again, hunting for work. She'd put up the usual notices on the Holonet and boards, advertising cheap, clean and reliable transport across the known Galaxy. She'd also put out notices on the less-than-legal avenues, advertising her ship's capacity for hiding goods and her well-proven capacity for keeping her damn mouth shut. They all ended the same way:

Contact Juniper Jett today! No job too small. No cargo too heavy.
JunieCorp: Going Places!

It was her first attempt at a slogan. You can tell, she thought to herself, checking the notices. Sat on a chair outside her ship, lazily people-watching as she thumbed through a holobook. The Hunky Princes of Serenno wasn't holding her attention anymore. She found the title awfully misleading. Besides, she was hoping that one of those random people would come over and ask for some work.

Something. Anything. Please, I got bills to pay. Or I'm gonna murder the tax man. Maybe getting married would've been a better idea.

Juniper frowned and shuddered.

The hell is wrong with me? If I think that again, I need to be punched. Hard.

Stars above it was almost Lifeday. LIFEDAY. And he still hadn't gotten Ava Cartwright-Pryce Ava Cartwright-Pryce or the twins, or anyone really, gifts. But he couldn't use his senate transports. Couldn't use the Corellian ones either. He'd have to go private- Which he'd done plenty of times before. He didn't exactly grow up with a silver spoon in his mouth. But still, these days? It was rough. He'd never dodge his Halcyon, but maybe taking this transport in some borrowed soldier casuals might be able to throw at least the mother of his children off his trail.

Two shadows fell over the young girl and her chair. A tall Corellian wearing Corellian Defense Force fatigues and an even taller man in dangerous-looking armor stood blocking the sun.

"Aren't you a little young to be flying solo?" He tried to give his best mischievous smirk. He hadn't been practicing as much and it came off a little awkward. Like someone trying to pretend to be up to no good.

Juniper Jett Juniper Jett

Someone came up, blocking her view. Two someones, to be precise. Juniper saw the fatigues and instantly thought the worst. Oh shoot, someone's blabbed to the cops. I wasn't carrying anything illegal last flight, honest. I didn't know what that Trandoshan had in that statue, Mr Soldier Sir. It took a good few seconds for her senses to kick in and remind her that soldiers weren't actually cops and they traditionally didn't get sent in to deal with smugglers.

"You don't gotta be old to be the best," she boasted, trying to put a confident look on her face. A cocky smirk, a surefire grin. It felt awkward. Instead, she took out of her seat, wiping her hands on her flight suit, before offering one of them to the man who spoke. "Juniper Jett. And trust me, I'm the best pilot parked in this port right now."

"You wanna put that to the test? I have very reasonable rates,"
Juniper suggested, trying and failing not to seem desperate. Please, please, please pay me something. Or else I'm selling my kneecaps to pay the spaceport taxes.

Dracken Pryce Dracken Pryce

Pryce quirked an eyebrow at the youthful pilot.

"Oh? What's reasonable to you?" He could afford to pay probably anything she asked, but he found these games amusing on occasion.

"Sir, do we really have-" Pryce shot the commando a look before returning his attentions to the young woman.

Juniper Jett Juniper Jett

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom