Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flora Template

Gaea

G
With an ambitious project ahead of me of filling out the Flora of a custom world, I found that the current Species Template is lacking and leaves a series of openings in its completion. That being many sections of the Species Template simply are not required for Flora, primarily sections such as Culture, Technology Level, and even General Behavior.

That is why, I would like to suggest the following be added as a sub section within the Species Template; much as the Technology Section has multiple templates for various items.

Flora Template

Image Credit:

Name: [The Names of the Flora]

Designation: [Non-Sentient or Semi-Sentient]
Homeworld: [Where is the Flora located in the Galaxy, where does it originate from?]
Communication: [If the Flora is Semi-Sentient, how does it communicate if possible?]

Development Thread: [When / If required.]

Average Measurements: [What is the average length, height, width, weight, when applicable?]

Cultivation Requirements: [What does it take to grow the Flora? (This includes atmosphere)]

Strengths: [2 Minimum]
Weaknesses: [2 Minimum]

Distinctions: [Unique physical traits of the plant.]

Average Growth Cycle: [How long does it take the plant to grow?]
Average Life: [How long does the plant survive when properly cared for? How long does it maintain freshness once harvested?]

Nutritional Value: (Optional) [What is the nutritional value of the plant?]

History: [Describe an abridged history of the Flora. When was it discovered, originally cultivated, created in a lab, etc etc.]

Intent: [Describe the plan for the Flora.]

[member="Empress Pandorea"] I like the concept of different sub-templates for species.

Although I'm not sure that the Kingdom-Order-Family thing is necessary considering most people won't bother with it, or just fill it with something generic that everybody puts there. Especially considering that the idea of a Kingdom-Order-Family sort of deal existing in a universe where there are so many different types of things that don't fit with the general genetic categorization, isn't really realistic.

Sans that, I'd say this is a pretty good template :)

[member="Empress Pandorea"]
I'm liking this apart from the Kingdom, Order, Family bit. I'm not expecting people to be xeno-botonists and invent pseudo-Latin names for things.
The description and image will be enough to establish that.

You'll also need a place to put image credits and development threads.

Do that and I'll take this up with staff and get it added.

Gaea

G
I've removed the kingdom, order and family.

Image credit and Development Thread sections have also been added.

[member="Valiens Nantaris"]

[member="Lorelei Darke"]
The current template is perfectly serviceable, and a lack of plant subs meant it was never needed. Since it's been proposed however, I will take it up with staff.

[member="Empress Pandorea"]
Good job.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom