Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flint's Training (with Marek S'hadar)

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Marek S'hadar"]

Flint began practicing the opening strike again and again, as motioned to do so. He knew what the Jedi Knight wanted this to become: muscle memory. He kept his posture fixed, and tried his best to make his opening slash more efficient and less time-consuming. This opening would definitely be helpful in combat.

"Good, now, if one was to say...deactivate their saber whilst fighting you, what would you do?" He asked, what seemed as a harmless question was actually either going to be a valuable lesson, or a pat on the back for good thinking, either way he would be benifitting from the experience.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul

Flint stared at the Jedi with a blank expression. "Deactivate their lightsaber in combat? Umm...." he pondered outloud, deactivating his own lightsaber and thinking about what any Jedi should do. "I'd disarm him of his lightsaber before anything else..."

GAH! TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THIS! SO SORRY!))

"No, you'd cut off their head. 'A Jedi must be willing to take a life if he draws his lightsaber' is a quote I put a lot of emphasis on." He replied unflinchingly. Like his brother's master, a former Dark Lady, the dark side occasionally took root in his training regimen, but never enough to be harmful. Who knows? This lesson might save @[member="Flint Dexen"] from death one day.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
(Its alright, I do that sometimes too. ^^)

Cut their head off? "Cut their head off?" repeated Flint, echoing his thoughts. That certainly couldn't be right, and he gave an unsure look at the Jedi Knight. "A-alright, then... But from what I was told, we are never supposed to take life, even of our opponents..." he said, large amounts of thought swirling around in his mind.

"That is an old lie that will get you killed, we are warriors first, negotiators second. We wouldn't serve the Republic if it was any other way." He responded, before scanning over @[member="Flint Dexen"] inquisitively. Maybe he was just missing it, but he couldn't spot an actual saber. "Do you have a lightsaber padawan?" Marek asked.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
Flint nodded, although in his mind he quite disagreed. Killing was not an acceptable Jedi action to Flint, not matter what. "Do you have a lightsaber padawan?" Flint's hands immiediately traveled to grip his training saber hilt. He doubted however that the Jedi Knight was talking about his training lightsaber. "No, master." he responded.

Sighing, he reached to his side and tossed him a special saber from his robes. His darksaber, it would have to do until they built him a proper weapon. Marek was utterly silent as he gave @[member="Flint Dexen"] a weapon of a rather dark nature. He'd know to control himself. Right?

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
Flint watched curiously as @[member="Marek S'hadar"] tossed him a lightsaber hilt. He grabbed it in the air, and gazed at it. Something made this blade feel uneasy to Flint. After studying the lightsaber hilt for a few seconds, Flint glanced at the Jedi. "Where did you get this? And what color blade is it?" he asked.

"When I was a Sith, from my first master after I killed him. And its blade is as black as night." He replied bluntly. One thing Marek wasn't, was someone who sugarcoated things, no, he was in your face and blunt about pretty much everything. He wouldn't lie to his learner if he wished to know about him.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
(Sorry about the late reply)

Flint gazed in disbelief. "You were a Sith..?" he asked cautiousely, before igniting the hilt of the lightsaber, revealing a jet black blade that hummed with energy. For all he knew, this blade could've killed hundreds of people. Flint studied the blade for a few seconds before speaking. "Can you... tell me a bit more about yourself?"

​"Yes, my mother was killed by someone I was lead to believe was a Jedi, the with used my grief and anger to turn me, I was only five. Eventually I learned the supposed Jedi was my master, who I then killed, then after years, most of which was spent in the most horrendous life support suit known to man, I found myself here. That's the short version." Marek explained, not flinching in the slightest as he remembered his most painful memories.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul

"Oh." Flint deactivated the lightsaber, and gripped the hilt tightly, slowing putting it on his utility belt. "Thanks, anyways." he said, motioning to the weapon. His mind was processing still the facts that he had just been told. The man who stood before Flint had a rather complex history than he had thought.

Marek could only nod, he didn't know what to say at this point, he could just sit in humble silence. Marek had been a monster entombed in a suit of iron, corrupted and twisted by the dark side of the force, made into an abomination it hurt to even recall.

@[member="Flint Dexen"]

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul

Flint looked over at the Jedi Knight, whom only moments ago he had thought to have a much more simpler background. "Uh... lets continue lightsaber training." he suggested, breaking the silence.

Marek shook his head, no they had something else to do. "That saber's crystal is corrupted with pure dark energy, we're going to purge those, and when we do, it will be yours, to cut a swathe through the dark." Marek stated, sitting in a meditative position and motioning for @[member="Flint Dexen"] to sit.

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
"Gotcha." Flint replied to nod at @[member="Marek S'hadar"]. Following the Jedi's motioning, Flint sat down similarly like the Jedi in a meditative position. "So how do we purge the saber's crystal of its current energy?" he asked.

"First, we disassemble the saber and get the crystal exposed, then, we will focus all of our light side energies into it, depending on what we add the most of will determine the color." Marek explained as he waited for @[member="Flint Dexen"] to begin his deconstruction of the saber. (Tell me what color you want, I'll make up some emotion to go with it)

Flint Dexen

Wandering Lost Soul
@[member="Marek S'hadar"] (Cyan, please.)

"Alright, I see." said Flint with a nod. So he had to disassemble it first... Flint closed his eyes, and focused on the lightsaber. The hilt of the weapon would slowly rotate to levitate in mid-air, and very very slowly and with extreme caution, he began taking out the various parts that made up the lightsaber. After a few minutes of slowly taking out each parts and letting all of it levitate in the air, he finally had the lightsaber crystal left floating in the center.

Marek nodded for @[member="Flint Dexen"] to begin focusing his energies, Marek did so as well. The two would do this for around twenty minutes until Marek sensed it was complete. He opened his eyes and found himself facing a cyan crystal floating mid-air. "Good job padawan, you've successfully purged the darkness from this crystal." Marek stated proudly, awaiting his padawan to finish reconstructing the saber.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom