Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fleeting Practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Rand

Captain of The Love Boat
Hello gals and girl's of the navy, I was wondering if someone could do some fleeting practice with me just to make sure that I've got this down.

I still don't really understand how ship equality works, which I could also use help in :p
Anyways I was thinking IC it could be a simulator, any takers?

Beowoof

Morality Policeman :)
[member="Jack Rand"]

[member="Camellia Swift"] and [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] are the go-to people for fleeting in the Republic, though it appears that we also have the new [member="Kayleigh Tyven"]. :)

I do a little fleeting on occasion, as well, though my fleeter is not in the Republic. (I might transfer her over, though, since her current faction seems to be... dormant-ish.) If you don't mind slow posting, I may be up for a little practice round.

Jack Rand

Captain of The Love Boat
[member="Kayleigh Tyven"]

OZ%2Bgif.gif
Welcome to Oz​

[member="Ayden Cater"]

At this point, actually completing a fleeting thread is about the only goal I have when it comes to naval combat.

If you want to send any Protectorate fleeters my way, I'll try to make time to practice with them.

[member="Jack Rand"], [member="Friedrich Stahlmann"] (for the sake of awareness)

Not sure how it would work out ICly in what way? You mean as far as firing on each other and -not- inflicting lethal damage? Energy weapons can be lowered to a setting such that they cause no real damage and the targeted ship merely registers a hit.

Physical munitions such as slugs fired from mass drivers, and even an HVC, can be made with material that lacks any penetrating power. Alternatively they could simple have tiny transmitters at the end of each barrel that fires off signals to the targeted ship in much the same fashion. Onboard computers could calculate damage based off of a preselected material, angle of impact, and other such attributes.

If you mean as far as why we would be getting together to do so, I think a lot of that has already been run over between higher ups in both factions.

We could do the training in the current thread, or we could make an entirely new one. Again, Republic's choice.

[member="Sarge Potteiger"]
This would be most helpful considering the Vong/Sith’s love for boarding actions.

I remember that in the Hand of Thrawn series the Imperials had a wargames system which simulated weapon fire without making it lethal, as [member="Ayden Cater"] notes. That is the best way to do it, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom