Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Flash of the Past — We'll Meet Again

12eed2e4fc2ceb712c2e8acb6ba52b0e.png

"That..." she hesitated for just a moment, "...would be nice." It sounded easier to just apply a bacta patch with some burn salve and move on again, but she knew that it wasn't that easy. The burns weren't even that serious, but the pain she felt deeper inside was. She needed a moment to think, but she wasn't sure if she wanted to do that alone.

"Can you... maybe stay close? Your uh, presence is soothing..." she admitted with her eyes turned down to the metal floor, and a red wave of heat coloring her cheeks. Whether he agreed or not, she started slowly removing her clothes, careful not to hurt her hand more in the process. With just underwear left, she went for the Bacta tank and put on the breath mask, so she could spend as long inside as she needed.

She wasn't quite sure how much time passed, but it felt like an instant when her eyes eventually opened. Bubbles formed around her mouth and she looked around, hoping to see a familiar face or someone able to help her get out again. The time in the tank had healed her body, but also cleared her mind somewhat.

Now they had something important to talk about.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Course. I'll have R6 take us up."

There was little chance they were going to stay on world after it was clear people were looking for her. The ship was already midexit of the atmosphere when she finally went into the tank. And he.. Stayed there. Found a book to read while he waited for her to get right, physically and mentally.

When the chamber popped open, he flashed her a smile.

"Feel better?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

12eed2e4fc2ceb712c2e8acb6ba52b0e.png

"I feel cold," she said with a sheepish smile, as she attempted a small joke. Valery was quick to reach for a towel to dry herself up, but never once even thought about leaving the room or looking for more privacy. Not with what she wanted to talk to him about.

"But uh, I do feel a little better. My mind is more clear and well..." She let out a soft sigh and stopped getting dressed for a.moment, just to look his way with a small frown.

"I can't give up being a Jedi. It's all I've ever known. It's who I am and maybe who I always will be." She paused again and pulled on one of her boots. Even they didn't feel familiar anymore. "But everything has changed and I don't know if I can move forward so easily. I thought I could when I spent that night with you but now...after what happened."

She swallowed hard.

"I need time...to think.'

Valery watched him for a moment, that irrational and overly worried side of her making her fear the worst but... he understood. Again, Kahlil offered his support, and she felt herself tremblimg because of it.

So without wasting a second, she walked over to wrap her arms around him, just so she cluld hold him close, "I will but I'm afraid. Afraid that I'll lose you," she said, hed eyes shifting up to make it clear she could be gone for s while. Which meant that he could find someone else entirely.

Or even just forget about her.

"I want to take time to center myself, in the Force and as a person. But when it's all over, I... want to find you again." But as much as she wanted to, she just couldn't directly ask him to wait for her.

What if she didn't make her way back?

"I-," she stopped, blinked and looked up into his grin after he gently tapped her forehead. She clearly still wasn't used to gestures like that, but the grin that started to form on her face made it clear she enjoyed them. This is what it felt like to really be cared for. Never again, she'd want to go back to how things once were.

"Thank you, that means a lot." Slowly, she let her hands slip up against his chest, while her fiery eyes had that flame again he told her to keep.

"It might take a while, but I promise that I'll do everything I can to make it back to you. And...I can leave you with something to remember me fondly," she chuckled, closed her eyes, and pushed herself up to search for a kiss. Nothing quick and simple - she wanted something long and passionate, to show her true feelings for him and solidify her promise.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil reached out as she leaned up to kiss him. Stopped her, just for a moment, to instead ruffle her hair with the same grin he'd always had on his face. "I told you. I'll wait. You don't have to keep trying to justify yourself to me." Then, and only then, he kissed her. Where she wanted something long and passionate, he didn't give her that. No, something sweet, gentle. Patient. A reminder to her that she didn't need to rush. Rush being with him, rush figuring herself out.

She simply didn't need to be in such a rush.

When his hand stopped her and ruffled through her hair, Valery's eyes opened. She blinked, listened to what he said, and turned bright red again for a moment. Right. She always had this habit of talking too much and over-explaining everything whenever she was nervous. Sometimes she feared that it could be annoying, but he just seemed to adore her for it.

A good thing because this wouldn't be the only time.

"Alright, I need to just..." she shut up and met him in the kiss, brief but sweet and loving. A reminder that this wasn't the end, but only the beginning of something. Deep down, she already knew that they had met for a reason, so there was no doubt in her mind about it anymore. She was going to see him again.

"Could you uh, maybe drop me off at Spintir anyway? I think I'm going to spend some time alone in the mountains there. It's nice and quiet, albeit a little cold." She chuckled and brought a hand up against his cheek while she just looked him in the eyes with a smile.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Course. That gives us a couple days, anyway."

He leaned into her hand for a moment. Then reached down to pluck her from her feet with a far more playful grin this time around. Couple days together, still? Well, even if he said they didn't need to rush, having some fun wasn't rushing.

"Good thing you're gonna be sitting for a bit, right?"

Dawn_Temple_FDBG.png
"A few days, hm?" She liked the sound of that. Valery would have more than enough time to figure things out for herself, but there was absolutely no reason to not enjoy these next few days with him. Still, as cool as she tried to be about it, she was blushing all over again when he so easily lifted her off the ground.

She loved it when he did that.

"S-sitting?" Valery bit her lip as her mind started racing, ger heart pounding in her chest. Together, they then disappeared from the medbay to have some fun.

"I'm going to need an extra day or two to recover because of you..." Valery teased with rosy cheeks, as she fixed up her messed-up hair and finally glanced outside through a small window in his bedroom. They had landed late at night on Spintir, so that had been their last night together for now. She knew this was it — the moment to say goodbye, but it was so difficult.

"So uh, yeah..."

Nice one, Val.

She smiled sheepishly and rubbed the back of her neck.
"Going to miss you..."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Going to miss you..."

Kahlil paused as he went about buttoning his shirt just to glance towards her. And raised a brow. Raised it right up at that before laughing, just a little. He only gave her a laugh before leaning over to gently kiss her forehead.

"I know."

Then he stood up, stretched his arms overhead, gave up on bothering to finish up with his shirt before giving her a smug grin over his shoulder.

"I'm pretty great."

He paused there, his eyes watching her for a moment longer. Then he turned to casually pull her into a hug. get his expression away from her eyes. A sad looking smile was what he had on next. Just a little one.

"I'm going to miss you too."

Dawn_Temple_FDBG.png
Valery seemed to shrink a little when he started to laugh and curled up her toes while she looked at him with a sheepish smile. But when he leaned over to kiss her forehead, she stood taller again and found herself not lost in nervous thoughts, but in his eyes... and maybe the open shirt.

"You are..." she said softly, her eyes still fixated on him as he finally turned around. With a gentle pull, she was drawn into an embrace, and as hard as she tried again, she couldn't stop a tear from falling down her cheek. She knew she was a somewhat emotional person, so she felt relieved to have such strong support.

"Thank you, for everything. I would have given up without you," she said before pulling back from the hug. She didn't care if he saw the tears — she needed to look him in the eyes before leaving.

"We'll meet again," she said, her hands squeezing his before she turned to leave the room, and the ship soon after.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom