Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five O'Clock Somewhere

He wasn’t trying to make a big deal of entering the water, not some big splash. That wasn’t always his style. Hopefully on entry to the water he wasn’t making a big splash that was just poor form after all, but when he came up? A bit less graceful, and even more so when he shook the water from his hair. A grin found the Corellian’s face as he looked at her. "And you're always on this planet, so you should be in the water more!"

Sometimes you worked so hard you forgot to take the time to enjoy everything. As a soldier, he knew the cost of keeping the war at bay, and what he was fighting for, but these stolen moments, they helped him recall exactly why he did it. A world he figured he wouldn’t be staying in, but… the galaxy always had it own plans, he felt. And with the need to bring the galaxy together, he wanted to make sure he was doing his best.

He was making his rounds to the various academies and Orders more and more. But the fact that he was spending more time at the Rest was a bit obvious for anyone tracking his movements. Due in part to the fact that the Silver Order was the major player on the field for the Jedi, with a number of worlds under their care, and also in part, as shameful as it could be to some, because of Celeste herself.

“Not much longer. Will need to get to the Praxeum to check in on them, and it does sound like something is shaping up elsewhere in the galaxy.” He looked Celeste over. “Just have to be ready in case it starts up.” He didn’t need to go into the details, not here. This was a place he didn’t have to talk shop. “Hey!” He laughed as she splashed him before giving a few kicks to get around her.

And splashing in return.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Coren was right, and she knew it. She lived on Kashyyyk, but rarely took the time to actually enjoy all that the forest world had to offer. But, long hours teaching and healing kept her busy. Celeste gave a small nod, perhaps she could find some time for a swim every now and then.

It was as she suspected, his words providing the confirmation. Not that she was bothered, she knew full well that Coren was a soldier, and a figurehead of the Jedi. However, there was something in his answer that worried her. Was war coming? She didn't have time to keep musing, for a return splash was sent her way.

“Ah!” She turned slightly, to avoid catching all of the water right in the face. Celeste laughed, still quite amazed that Coren could bring out this different side to her. It was something she'd nearly forgotten about, until they'd met again after years of being apart. And, truthfully, she didn't want to lose that. Of course, there was more to it, but she refused to acknowledge it fully.

Swimming closer, she stopped in front of Coren.

Reaching up, she unclasped her necklace – and reached out to put it around Coren's neck. There was a moment of closeness as she leaned in to fasten it securely.

“I want you to have this,” She started, softly. “It's a simple thing, this healing amulet. But I think it could serve you well. I've been using this one for a long time, it's been good to me – I hope it's good to you, too.”

The healing crystals were likely imbued with her force presence, after so much use.

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

The Jedi Master was the type who always ran off to do something to protect others. He ran off to the warzone as often as it was there and needed him. If it was a border dispute between two different smaller groups, or no Sith were coming in, he would have to prioritize. And if a situation arose that was close to where he was? He’d make the trip to do what he could. Any kind of raid that involved beskar, he’d make the trip and see what he could do. Rally the Jedi, and protect the weak. But today? It was all about the relaxation.

She was taking the brunt of the splash and the Corellian smiled. He enjoyed these stolen moments from the rest of the galaxy. Sure, he was dealing with a situation that was more complicated than he was letting it be, but it didn’t mean he couldn’t enjoy Celeste’s company here. The Jedi swam a few kicks away and rose an eyebrow as she swam closer.

Holding still, he watched her, not realizing he was holding his breath as she came closer. It wasn’t his first time around a woman in a bikini, but something was a little different. She had her arms around him to secure the amulet. Feeling the metal against his skin, he looked at her slowly.

“Are you sure? Shouldn’t your husband be having this one?” His blue eyes found her brown eyes for a second. “But if you’re sure, I’ll bring it back after the next round about to Kashyyyk.” He smiled, a hand finding his way to her hip.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Once the silver chain settled against his skin, Celeste let her hands rest upon Coren's shoulders for just a moment, long enough to match his gaze. The last light of the day seemed to shimmer within the healing crystals.

“I've given him one, too.” She said, nodding. “I'm sure. Honestly, it will make me feel better if you keep it close.” Celeste, despite her Jedi training, was quite a worrier. She pushed the anxiety and troublesome thoughts away and attempted to stay centered around others, but during those quiet hours at night... the worries often kept her from sleep.

The blue of his eyes gave her chills, or was it that his hand was now resting gently on her hip.

Her own lips flickered into a small smile, but didn't dare to stay that way for long. Celeste drew a breath and bowed her head slightly. The two were close. This moment of tenderness long awaited, but disastrously timed. No matter how her heart might have longed to stay, she wouldn't linger – she simply couldn't.

“I...” She started, “I think I've had enough swimming for one day.”

Celeste's voice carried a gentle longing, but she pulled away, just beyond his grasp.

There was a comfort in what was going on right now, a comfort and an anxiety. Her hand on his shoulder, the familiarity of her aura, and that same aura within the amulet. There was a peace here, on this world, and in the moment, even if it was comforting, there was that anxiety kicking in. Maybe only on the side of Coren, he knew about her family, and it wasn’t his intention to disrupt that life for her.

He knew he’d be gone from Kashyyyk, and Force willing, he’d be back again. The fact that there was going to be a changing of the tide, and the potential for a battle to start wasn’t far off. He could feel something out there, calling to him. Was it the joy of travel, or was it something more?

The feeling that he should be on Kashyyyk, or at least with her was here as well. The comfort of her skin and being. Thoughts he was pushing from his mind. His lips smiled but he could feel her body shifting. Stronger than he was in the moment.

“Yeah, it is… getting late.” He said, no dejection in his voice, but a tinge of guilt, almost. And maybe a touch of relief, all things considered.

“Time to head in?” He looked at her, as he floated there.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste remained at arm's length, but her gaze was still soft. She gave a gentle nod to Coren, and then started to swim for the dock. Ascending the ladder, the water dripped from her form, but soon she was wrapped in her towel again.

I should turn in soon,” She said, “As sad as that sounds.”

A wistful smile.

The healer stood with her arms crossed, the night air warm on her bare shoulders. All of the sunlight hues were gone now, replaced by the cold blue of the moon. Still, the waves looked pretty as they shimmered in the dim light. It was an image that would remain in her mind, complete with Coren there in the water.

Walk me back to the temple?” She asked, gathering up her cup, though no more sips were taken.

Wherever the Force took him next, Celeste hoped that Coren would stay safe. And she knew, it was probably easier said than done, especially being the warrior that he was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom