Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five O'Clock Somewhere

The day hadn’t been long. Well, it was, but not in the way that Coren normally experienced them. Seeing friends and brothers in arms falling on a battlefield, or being brought back in a mangled state, even on days when they were victorious, was always rough. The fact that today, he was up and active all day, was not even denting the energy level he had. Maybe because this day was a literal day-at-the-beach. The hardest thing was deciding the drink he wanted.

Well, after helping the Tusken get out of the water. And it was a good day to see Stardust and others in the Silvers and Confederacy. The Jedi though, had remained at the beach and managed to talk [member="Celeste Rigel"] into hanging out for a bit. It was a little easier this way.

Sure, maybe he was being a bit off-the-wall with his request, but running into her after these years seemed like something that was important for him. And the fact that he was really … apparently attracted to the grand teacher of the Order was something else. Since Coren was a soldier, a warrior, and as a result, a wanderer, he took the time to enjoy life when he could. And yes, with Attitcus around, it was a bit awkward.

The sun was going down, and Coren sat there, one of the last beers in his hand, watching the water, before looking over at Celeste.

“This is a nice world.”

Celeste watched as Atticus and Knight Marsh walked down the beach, their shilhoettes soon disappearing down the path that led back to the temple. Her little one had spent the day running the beach and playing in the sand, by the time the sun started going down, he had been rubbing his eyes. Thankfully, Knight Marsh had been kind enough to volunteer to take Atticus home and stay with him until Celeste returned.

Though, it was rare that she had such time to herself, she couldn't deny the small pin prick of guilt.

That was the life of a mother, she supposed. But looking to her side at Coren, she knew that this would be time well spent. After all, there was no telling when she would see her friend again. It was only a matter of time before there was another battle, another war – another call to Coren to lead the Jedi against the darkness.

Her brown locks were still damp, and her bikini clad body was wrapped in a towel. But, unlike earlier in the day, there was now a fruity drink in her hand. Celeste watched as the sun its daily descent, the warmth and soft light reflected of the shimmering waters, casting them both in a golden hue. Celeste took a long sip from her straw. Swallowing, she held the drink at arm's length for a moment, as if to inspect it. My, it was sweet... and strong.

“Yes, it is.” She agreed, turning slightly. “I wasn't sure about leaving Voss. But, Kashyyyk has grown on me quite a lot.”

[member="Coren Starchaser"]

For Coren, he had his own kids, but with his unique situation, namely nearly 20 years in carbonite, his children were grown before he was even thawed out. Trained by paramilitary forces, becoming elite pilots while they became a bit more versed in combat, from sniper to Force use, but still stemming from the Starchaser shortcoming of needing enough time and enough focus to get the Force to be what it should.

Piloting and shielding, and blasting foes with the Force. Even now it was expanding, being able to provide focus and inspiration to his team. But having to deal with toddlers, that was something else for him. He was enjoying the time they had together, for however it was. The Jedi Master looked back at the slightly damp Celeste with a grin.

“Voss as a nice world, for sure. The move was needed, though, to continue on with what the Silvers wanted.” And to keep the Jedi safe. He was always concerned with that. But the Silver Jedi had good leaders, even if he wished he could take a more active role at the helm from time to time.

“Hows the drink?” He laughed, turning to face her a bit more, watching the golden light of sunset play across her hair and skin. Gold was a good color.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste nodded at Coren's response. Voss had been home for so long, she'd been very sorry to leave it behind. But, she had known it was for the best. The Order seemed to flourish here on the forest world, it had been the change that they needed. Still, it was bittersweet – especially knowing that their former home world had fallen into the clutches of the Sith. Celeste was drawn back to the moment when Coren asked about her drink, and she smiled.

“It's good,” She said, taking another small sip. “Even if it's a bit... more than I'm used to.”

She didn't imbibe very often. Celeste would indulge in a glass of champagne now and then, but this sort of drink was rare. However, this was an altogether rare occasion. It was a chance to unwind. And, she felt some of the tension leaving her shoulders.

“Want to try?” She took a step closer, eyeing Coren. Celeste held the cup out, straw facing him.

An easy-going smile was on her lips, something that didn't always come very easily to the Jedi healer.

Sometimes he missed where he had come from. The area where everyone was so naive and the galaxy hadn't turned tor them like it was now. Coruscant, Voss, Sullust... things had gone wrong. Terribly.

"It''s what happen's sometimes. You need to take time to relax." He grinned. With Coren, he made sure to relax when and where he could. Made him remember why he fought.

Leaning in as Celeste offered the sip. "Sure!" A bit more intently, he looked to her. "It's nice to see you relaxing, Cel."

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste was completely fine telling others, especially those that had been injured in battle, to rest and relax, to take time for themselves and not feel selfish. However, when it came to her own life, she found it difficult to take her own advice. She kept herself tightly wound, jaw tense, shoulders tight.

She matches gazes with Coren as he leaned in to take a sip of her drink. And when he was done, she sipped as well. Celeste couldn't help but blink at his comment.

“Is it?” She asked, tilting her head to the side.

A self-conscious hand rose to the side of her neck, and she looked down at the sand for a moment. She watched as the water sparkled in the light and drifted up to wrap about her ankles. Not bothered by the gentle lull of the waves, she took a few steps and kicked at the water. It was becoming clear that the healer was a bit tipsy, just a bit.

“I feel like... if I let myself relax, something will go terribly wrong.” She admitted, sheepishly. Celeste's cheeks went rosy, “It's silly, I know...”

He was a warrior. He knew what it meant to help lead people into a fight. It meant inspiring the right people and learning how to keep everyone safe. This though, was just relaxing and taking his time to enjoy the evening.

Blue eyes kept watch on her and he couldn't help but smirk. "It is. A different side of you, haven't seen it in some years." A smile followed. "Plus it's nice to have someone to drink with."

"And getting some relaxation in is important. The drinks are just helpful." The Jedi winked as he grabbed another bottle, looking at her

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste's face flushed even more, feeling Coren's icy gaze upon her. “Some years,” she echoed, adding a very solemn nod. She tip-toed through the waves, until the water could no longer reach her. The warmth of the sand was nice, especially as a very slight chill set into the evening air. The sky above was a pleasant and painterly scene, darkening sky, and sunset hues.

She drew in a deep breath, taking it all in.

“I suppose the drinks are very helpful, aren't they?” She brought the straw up for another sip, but realized that she'd nearly reached the end of her drink. It was also announced by the rather loud sound of straw struggling against last liquid at bottom of her pineapple cup. Celeste frowned, but looked to see that Coren now had a bottle in his hand.

For a moment, her chestnut eyes tracked in the direction of the temple. But, she wasn't quite ready to call it a night yet.

“Let's go sit down,” She nodded towards the dock. “And you can give me a refill when we get there." There was silence for a moment, but she broke it once more. "Tell me, what do you remember most about me... from back then?” Celeste was genuinely curious. And, she also wanted to know if he happened to have memories of a young and clumsy, but charmingly silly drunken version of herself.

He always had to worry about that. His eyes were a bright blue, sometimes they could be seen as more threatening, but he hoped they would get seen as observant. But before he had gone into the carbonite nap he had, there were definitely the people who had seen him as more icy and almost robotic in the way he handled things. A gaze, and an action, it was how the Jedi Master handled things when he was being fooled.

Since returning to the Light decades ago, he knew he still had an intensity to his gaze, and was hoping that it wasn’t something that had people concerned with him. Nodding, he looked back to his companion. “Yeah, the galaxy hasn’t been kind for a while now. But I think we may be at a time where it might calm down.” Since the end of the Alliance he had been finding fights, and with the Republic, he knew he could focus the enemies on him.

“They always are!” A wider smile on his face as he heard her attempting to get the last bit of her concoction out of the pineapple. The bottle he found himself getting was a wine, one of the sweet and citric variety, not so much the berry inspired wine. Still, wine was one of those drinks he didn’t typically stock on his freighter, but for the circumstances? It was definitely the better choice.

Smiling, he nodded, bumping his side casually against her. “Back then? I remember really finding you to be… something special, but I also knew we were on different paths. You had this wholesomeness to you, and I can tell its still there. Maybe a bit more uptight now, though.” He winked.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste glanced at Coren sidelong when he brushed against her side. The sunlight hues highlighting his features. Rugged and quite striking. A soft smile remained on her lips as she listened. His words made her heart beat light and swift. But, there was a moment's sternness at being called uptight. However, that look melted away as they stepped onto the dock.

Something special.

The words didn't leave her mind. From their place on the dock, the whole of the Kashyyyk beach spread into the distance. And, in the other direction, the water continue to glimmer as the sun continued to dip down below the horizon. Sunset, drinks, and good company. In a different situation, it would have been quite romantic.

“I thought you were quite special, too.” She said, voice soft. “Still do.”

Celeste brought a hand to her mouth, to cover a hiccup.

“I liked you a lot back then,” She said before thinking, “Did you know?”

He knew that this was a bit off color for a Jedi, but it was just conversation right? She had her kid, her husband, and he had a war that was going to be getting back into full swing, he assumed. The Sith never were the type to rest for long, and with most Jedi trying to do their own thing, he was going to have to jump in and help put up a wall, or at least slow them down.

And with Corellia stepping up? That was another good sign. More people to rally behind the cause of the Light. And it was his homeworld, if they could protect themselves? He could handle the threats coming to the rest of the galaxy. It was nice when groups like the Silvers and the Corellians had their own worlds on lockdown.

Grinning at Celeste as they stepped onto the dock. She did ask, after all, but he did feel a moment of almost guilt. A bit of a teasing jab at her, but it wasn’t too far off. When they walked down the dock he found a place for them to sit. “You do, huh?” He grinned as he sat down, his legs off the dock, holding a hand up for her to sit.

“I had suspicions, but was too… busy or nervous, to confirm if you felt the same way towards me.” He grinned with a shrug. “Now, I realize I should have said something back then.”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste took Coren's hand, and joined him at the edge of the dock. Lowering herself down, she let her feet dangle off the dock as well. Once she was seated, she let go of his hand and cradled her cup in both palms. In a way, she was relieved... she'd finally told him that she'd had feelings, even if it was a decade too late. In another way, she felt a bit foolish and guilty. But, the words had been said... there was no taking them back.

Glancing to the side, she listened as Coren answered. Her face turned that bright, rosy shade that it seemed to do so often around him. She swallowed, a bit lost for words. She'd never imagined that he'd felt the same way. Back then, she felt that Coren was out of her league. Was that true now?

“Ill-fated,” She said, “The pair of us. We ended up going different ways... it wouldn't have worked out.” Celeste's tone was melancholy. This was what she told herself. Of course, there's no telling exactly what might have happened between them. But it was in the past. “But, I'm glad we've reconnected... it's nice to have you around, even if you tease me so.”

She held her cup out to him, and nodded towards the bottle of sweet wine.

“Let us toast,” Celeste said, a dim smile on her face.

It was more a friendly, helpful gesture than anything else. She was walking around with a towel on, a show of modesty, or something, and that was going to make it difficult to move. Hell, Coren hated wearing heavy armor and always opted for lighter armor. Not robes though, that seemed like too much pomp and circumstance. And he’d out himself.

Not that anyone coming for him on a battlefield didn’t know how to find him. Where was it brightest? Ok, that’s Coren. So, really, that was why he was just in swim trunks. Plus, it was warm, warmer than being interstellar. Plus, maybe he was strutting, just a little to get her attention, as awkward as that was, but he wasn’t on planets for very long, and he knew she was married.

“I don’t know if I’d say ill-fated. You went your way, and I went mine. If we didn’t go the ways we have, who knows where we’d have ended up.” He smiled. “Or where the galaxy would be.” Everyone had their roll to play in the Circle of Life Unifying Force.

“And you can’t fault me for it, you need someone to take the edge off!” Laughing, he grabbed the bottle of wine. Pouring into her cup, then into his, he smiled.

“To reconnecting!”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OLjOWHWtaKY

Eyes focused on her empty cup, she couldn't help but smile. They'd had their separate ways then, and they still did. Coren's work took him on the warrior's path, and she took the path of a healer. Though they were quite different – opposites, nearly – they did seem to complement each other. Maybe, just maybe they would have been quite good together.

But, Celeste pushed this thought far away when Coren joked. She leaned to the side and nudged him slightly, but straightened up when she found her cup had been filled with wine. She raised her pineapple, holding it to the darkening sky.

“To reconnecting,” She echoed, and then drank deep.

Her head tipped back, and she swayed gently. Celeste's gaze slowly found the rippling water below them, perhaps she should just go with the flow? Turning, she looked at Coren, eyes narrowed slightly as she studied him. No, no... the tide was too strong. The healer straightened up again.

“Where do you think we might have ended up?" She asked suddenly, breaking her silence. Celeste knew there was no use in trying to change things, but she hoped that he'd indulge her curiosity. “Maybe a quiet farm somewhere?" She mused. "I could see you as a farmer." Celeste said with a grin, and then a laugh. Yes, the drinks were kicking in.

Separate ways weren't always a bad thing, For Coren and Celeste, it was a matter of who they were as people. But things always came back around. Should he feel guilty for the thoughts in his mind? Probably, but this was something of a stolen moment for him. He was going to be on the trail again, it was what he did. He wandered, he found his way from where he was to the war. The fact that they were so different, that was probably what they both needed. Coren did try to see if things could work with other warrior types in his life.

It didn't provide him grounding.

He smiled as she nudged himself. What was his mind thinking? Probably to toss her in the water, get her out of towel, again, this was where he felt like they were run into a problem here. But he did mean what he was saying. He was a Jedi, he didn't need to tell tales to get what he wanted, though there was more to this.

He assumed, maybe another time, another world.

There was mutual respect here, that much was obvious. As he sipped the wine, he looked Celeste over as she spoke. "Ended up?" She provided the idea of a farmer. "Ha, maybe. A nice moon somewhere, and enough fuel to allow me to focus on exploration. I mean, it was what I did before I fell into the Jedi." He shifted a bit closer. "Would you enjoy a farm?" Shaking his head, with a smile.

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

As the sun continued to sink below the water, the darkness began to close in around them. But, there was almost a comfort to it, for Celeste at least. Her grin widened slightly, and she turned to look at Coren as he shifted closer.

“A moon.” She said, nodding. “I could see that.”

The side of her arm was now against his, but Celeste didn't move to pull away. There was something comforting, yet sad to the touch. She drew in a deep breath and gazed out towards the horizon as she contemplated her own answer.

“Rolling hills, wildflowers...” She said, dreamily. “I could enjoy a farm, I think. It's hard work, you know.” Even her imaginings would have her caring for something or someone. Would she ever leave Kashyyyk for such a place? Probably not, but this was just a distant thought. It wasn't real.

Celeste sipped, enjoying the citrus-laced wine. It was quite a refreshing drink for such a warm night.

“But, now you've got me thinking... a moon could be nice, too.” She smiled.

Not even in line with how he was a Jedi, Coren preferred the daytime. Sure, night had its uses, and in his younger days, he was the type to help close down a bar or two, and that was while serving in the Imperial war machine. Then came carbonite, and the Lords of the Fringe, wandering, and becoming a legionnaire of sorts. The Jedi smiled at Celeste.

“It’d be nice, for sure! Private moon, nothing but space and land around us. Our own private place to launch from.” He smiled as her presence was felt a bit more firmly. Rolling hills would be nice, but for him, he would also support rocky cliffs, crystal clear water, and palm trees mixed in with wildflowers. His idea was basically a private island, and that meant finding the right moon, and distance from the sun.

“It’d be hard work for sure, but it pays off, a nice little escape.”

Eyeing her, he grinned. “And aside from having a moon, a swim under the moonlight?”

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

A nice little escape, that would be pretty useful. The thought made Celeste smile as she bit her straw. Matching Coren's gaze, she watched as a grin tugged the corners of his mouth. Her brows lofted at the suggestion of a moonlight swim. Celeste took another sip, and then set her cup down on the dock behind her.

“Okay,” She said, “Let's swim, then.”

Her tone was lighter, almost easy-going. Celeste turned her gaze to the water that rippled and flowed beneath them. She let the towel slide from her shoulders, and then drop to the wooden dock. With that, she went for the small ladder to the side of her, and went gracefully down. Once the water was around her waist, she let go.

It was a good thing that the water here was so warm.

“Coming in?” She asked, it was more of a dare than anything.

Escapes were always nice. The galaxy was a dark and dangerous place, and having somewhere that could be calm and relaxing? It would never hurt. That was part of the reason he had Brooke setting up over on Summerset. Eira Pechal was great, but it was a snowy world, and Starchaser didn’t care for that too much. But Summerset was exactly what it sounded like, peaceful and warm. When she put the cup down, his eyes widened.

Swimming, good! He was doing it for some selfish reasons, but he did get a chance to see her in the water earlier. Now was just more private. And maybe that was a bad thing, he wasn’t sure. Smiling, he finished his drink and put it down on the dock with hers.

His eyes were watching her as she slipped into the water, but he was trying to be a better man than he supposed he was at the moment. He nodded. “You bet!” He grinned as he got up and dove into the water, sure, it was a little shallow off the dock here, but he was able to control his descent. Surfacing and shaking the water from his face, the Jedi Master laughed.

“Ok, I haven’t done this in forever!” Night swimming. Exactly

[member="Celeste Rigel"]

Celeste smiled as Coren dove off the dock. Watching as he entered the water with a gentle splash, she attempted to shield her eyes as he surfaced and shook his head. The spray of water hit her, but she didn't mind – in fact, she laughed, too.

“Same,” She noted, and then gave it a moment's thought. Celeste couldn't even remember the last time she'd went swimming in general, let alone at night... with someone like Coren. Friends, just good friends.

Still, the sense of care-free fun that she found with Coren was something that she remembered fondly, and looked forward to when he came to visit Kashyyyk (even with the pranks). These visits to the capital of the Silver Jedi were growing more frequent, so she had noticed... but they never seemed to last for long.

“How long are you here on Kashyyyk?” She asked, and reached up to brush some wet strands of hair away from her face. “Bound for war, right?” Celeste canted her head to the side. If there wasn't a battle now, there would be – there always was. But, to keep things playful, she splashed some water in his direction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom