Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship FIV Malice

Status
Not open for further replies.

RIP Carlyle Rausgeber

"It's all been bloody marvellous..."
mV4x1FH.jpg
Image Source: GeekTyrant.Com
Affiliation: The First Order
Manufacturer: First Imperial Corps of Engineers.

Model: Resurgent-class Star Destroyer.

Modularity: No.
Production: Unique.
Material: Alurasteel, Quadanium Steel, Durasteel, Phrik and Tungstoid.
Classification: Command Ship.
Length: 2900 meters.
Width: 1500 meters.
Height: 650 meters.

Armament: 19
  • 340x Dual Heavy Turbolasers with fast tracking mounts
    Evenly distributed Dorsally and Ventrally

[*]340x Ion Cannons with fast tracking mounts
  • Evenly distributed Dorsally and Ventrally

[*]80x Dispoiler-Class Turbolasers
  • Evenly distributed Dorsally and Ventrally

[*]x30 Pursuit - Class Defensive Missile System
  • 10 Port
  • 10 Starboard
  • 10 Ventra

[*]x160 Point Defense Cannons
  • 40 port
  • 40 starboard
  • 40 aft
  • 40 Ventral

[*]x60 Quad Laser Cannons
  • ​20 fore
  • 20 aft
  • 20 Ventral

[*]x40 Proton Torpedo Launchers
  • Fore mounted launchers

[*]x60 Gravity Mine Launchers
  • Aft Mounted

Defenses: 19
Hangar:

Ground Forces:

Special Features:
Maneuverability Rating: 20.
Speed Rating: 20.

Hyperdrive Class: 2.

Strengths:
Anti-Boarder Countermeasures: The Hyperdrive, reactor and life support systems are reinforced with tunqstoid, ensuring that any Force users attempting to board will be unable to slice and dice things open with their lightsabers. The bridge itself is secured by extensive phrik plating on the doors, walls and floors. Along with that, there are hundreds of autoblasters and at critical junctures there are retractable bulkheads.

Kyber Shield Focusing Module: Using kyber crystals, the Malice's shield efficiency has been greatly increased by the use of kyber crystals to project the shield.

Phrik Bridge Deflectors: The bridge deflector shield is made out of phrik, in order to make the bridge a far harder target to hit than the usual ships. This deters enemy fighters from attacking, and if so, buys time for TIE fighters to move to intercept enemy bombers.

Kyber Weapon Focusing Modules: While the Malice is an impressively armed ship, the use of kyber crystals to increase the efficiency of the ships offensive and defensive weapons.

Faster Than She Looks: The Malice is a faster ship than her sister ships. Although it wouldn't be able to properly keep up with corvettes, and freighters, she's still fast enough to get the jump on enemy destroyers and cruisers.

Twinsies!: The Malice has been fitted with a secondary reactor. Although its primary function is to power the engines, and the shields, the secondary reactor can easily be modified quickly to support the primary reactor, and even replace it.

Weaknesses:

Lower Fighter Count: In order to make way for larger reactor size, the TIE fighter fuel depots were reduced in size, meaning the squad capacity is halved.

Increased Reactor Space Needed: To accommodate for the increased demands on engine speed, and shield efficiency, the hypermatter reactor has had to be drastically increased in size to power up such a beast.

Gross Military Cost: While the cost of a resurgent destroyer is massive, the Malice adds an extra thirty percent to the usual budget thanks to its liberal usage of phrik and needing more engineers to install the reactor.

Command Ship: If the Malice were to go down, it would be a disaster for the fleet, and be a huge blow to fleet morale.

Decreased Ground Force Deployment: While most Resurgents come with an army ready to be deployed to subjugate system, this one has had to have its ability to deploy drastically lessened through the decrease in hangar availability. This means slower troop deployment times, and could cost the First Order the day.

Smaller Garrison: Although the Malice carries an impressively large compliment of ground forces, it is far smaller than other resurgent-class star destroyers. Due to this, the Malice should not be used alone in the pacification of systems.

Handles Like A Brick: The Malice's size means it has next to no manoeuvrability or speed to speak of. It's a slow behemouth, and won't be catching up to any corvettes any time soon.

Description: Admiral Carlyle Rausgeber watched the arrival of his esteemed guest with a certain level of smugness. Today was his day in the Sun. Although many officers loathed to call a visit by auditors a pleasure, the Admiral was positively excited to show off his new product. The team chosen to vet, and critique the Malice, were a large and disparate group. Among them were intelligence operatives, military officers and civilian bean counters.

But Carlyle didn't mind a varied audience. Just like the First Imperial Modular Bases, this was his moment of triumph, "Welcome aboard the FIV Malice." The officer said with a warm, condescending smile, "The future of naval warfare." He added.

"This ship cost us a pretty penny Admiral." One of officials of treasury, "I would like to see that its cost matches our expectations."

"Of course, of course." Carlyle greeted, behind his smile, he was personally fuming. How dare this public servant try to take the gloss out of his day in the sun. "This vessel, I assure you, is an effective use of your time."

"How is it," One of the military officials began, an older general of the First Order's army, "An effective use of time, when it would take an hour or so to properly deploy a full legion. I know of other ships of this size and scope that'd do the job in half the time. That is not even to mention the drastically decreased armoured compliment."

Carlyle once again smiled, this time it was forced, as he continued down the hallway "General Agryle, I do say that this ship, yes does take longer to deploy a full legion, but by the same juncture it will allow us to take superiority in space over the enemy." Carlyle paused, "The reduced armoured division was pragmatic decision to ensure that the Malice is more manoeuvrable and able to assert dominance quicker."

"What use is that Rausgeber?" General Argyle asked, "We can take space, but the enemy will be on the retreat. They can refortify. Rede-"

"What use is an army when the enemy rains hell fire upon it?" Carlyle asked, his preiously calm demeanour shattered. "The First Imperial Army is a projectile to be fired by the First Imperial Navy." He continued, "What this ship aims to do is to destroy the enemy fleet, and secure a planets orbit." Carlyle said, "The Malice is designed to take the fight right up to an enemy who, let's be frank, fail when it comes to fighting in close range."

"As nice as that is Admiral, I have a question." An intelligence officer said, "I question the excessive and liberal use of phrik and kyber crystals." the agent said, "We have given this ship an enormous amount of resources, which my colleagues feel is a waste given it is a singular entity."

"Surely Deputy-Director Gernard, you know as well as I do the Galactic Alliance and their propensity for the usage of dark sided cultists and force users." Carlyle said, "The Phrik, and tungstoid used in the construction of this ship have been used ever sparingly." Carlyle said. "Apart from the bridge deflector shield," he admitted, "That was to simply ensure we had the best quality armour there."

"Given the report given by Apex mercenaries of their boarding of the imperial remnant's star destroyer, I felt compelled to reinforce my own ship." Carlyle said, "I must remind you that phrik, and tungstoid have been used sparingly on this craft to defend vital systems. The bridge is in fact a compartment entirely made from phrik. That and the bridge deflector shields are the only phrik elements of this ship." Carlyle paused, "In addition each hallway is equipped with an autoblaster, and vast parts of the ship can be successfully sealed. This along with our strong garrison can, and hopefully will destroy boarders before they can be effective."

"Admiral Rausgeber, as a fellow naval officer I wonder what prompted your decision to halve your fighter compliment." The chief of the naval delegation asked, "I found the decision, well, perplexing. Particularly given the Alliance's prerogative of throwing all their fighters out at once."

"The fighter compliment of this ship had to be halved." Carlyle replied, "To make way for a secondary hypermatter generator dedicated to engines, and powering the shields." Carlyle said, "It was not a decision taken lightly."

"Surely there are some sort of measure in place to combat fighters?" The officer asked again, "With the Alliance's heavy dependence on them, there has to be some way to combat them effectively."

"Fighters from the Alliance are a non issue." Carlyle replied, "The Malice is a ship, equipped with extensive point defence weaponry within the slit trenches, and the command tower." Carlyle said, "Their fighters would have to swarm us with hundreds of fighters to be able to destroy us." Carlyle said, "The batteries we have would destroy them, quick and simple."

"I do hate to be a bother," The Deputy-Director began, "But, what of the kyber crystals? You never elaborated."

"The kyber crystals we have procured, are to increase effectiveness in two major areas." Carlyle said, "The turbolasers, and the shield generator."

"How does that work?" The Deputy-Director asked, "As far as I was concerned, the only use for kyber crystals was lightsabers and the Death Stars."

"That is where you are wrong. The correct working of them is something I am not quite cognisant of, I'll perhaps have to send you the brief I received from engineering," Carlyle added with a small smile, "Kyber crystals act to focus energy. In a turbolaser, this allows for more precise shots, and in the shield generator, a more equitable distribution of power."

"So what you're saying is that the ship is more efficient using the crystals?" The deputy-director asked, "Why this ship and not fit all star destroyers?"

"Yes, yes I am." Carlyle said, "It should be far more accurate, and precise with its weaponry." The Admiral paused to consider the other proposition. It had in fact been an idea given multiple times to the officer, but he'd decided against it. "Well, with all new ideas like the ones you've proposed Deputy-Director, they all need a prototype of sorts." Carlyle said, "I would like to consider this ship, the first of a new era, which will use kyber crystals for offensive and defensive purposes."

The group of officers, and bureaucrat considered the proposal, and the ship. It was the accountant for the Defence Department who spoke first, "Consider this ship a test." The man said, "The department will allow it, but as a test case, and only that." The bureaucrat paused, to glare at Rausgeber, "Should this thing be a failure, and the resources pooled into it, a waste. You will find Supreme Leader will be less than receptive."

"Thank you sir." Carlyle said, "I will not fail."

Intent: To give Admiral Carlyle Rausgeber a command ship.
Who Can Use This: Carlyle Rausgeber.

Development Threads:
Malice and Mayhem: A New Era of Navy [35 Posts]
Empty Threats [Void Station Attack] [5 Posts]

Primary Source: Modelled off a design created by [member="Aran Piett"] in the First Order Pre-Factory

[member="Carlyle Rausgeber"]

Hey there.

We will have to work here a little, but overall it looks pretty nice! First off, I think you have made a few miscalculations with your gun math, because right now you got somewhere around 6000 turbolasers, 310 normal launchers and 430 quad lasers.

On the other hand this is the template for a battlecruiser: Armament: [16 ] 2000 Turbolasers | 70 Heavy Launchers | 220 Quad lasers.

The confusion probably arose from the despoiler submission, which has a modified of 8x when you use it. If you could look at your gun count and bring it in line with the armament rating you assigned to it, that would be great.
---​

Now, that's simply to bring it in line with the armament rating, but we will have to work a little to balance it out for fleeting/PVP scenarios as well.

I see two options going forward namely:

Option A:
  • Add another good weakness to the design. Expensive isn't really a weakness that comes into play during a PVP scenario and that's really what we are looking for for balancing reasons.
  • Up the maneuverability and speed to the template values: 19/19.
  • Put armament and defense at 18/18.
Option B:
  • Add another good weakness to the design.
  • Turn the maneuverability and speed to 20/20, but keep the armament/defense ratings as they are.
  • As the weakness you could then mention it's slow and unmaneuverable for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom