Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fite Klub [The Vanguard]

SDS Eminence, Hangar

Opportunity was the sort of treasure that seldom reared its head; but when it did, untold sums of gain would be afforded to those who captured it. For the Vanguard, the quest for Glory worked hand in hand with this illusive concept. With each passing day, the ranks of the organization grew larger, and with this growth came more Unbloodied thirsting to prove themselves. Only through Battle could an aspiring member of the Vanguard rise to the mantle of equal; and thus the new blood sought opportunities to prove their worth. Sometimes, these chances were difficult to find...

...and sometimes, they weren't.

Whilst slicing through the confines of Hyperspace, the SDS Eminence found itself host to a rather peculiar event. The Unbloodied had been called to muster in the hangar: a personal summons from the Harbinger himself. Space had been cleared where once starfighters and dropships stood ready for deployment; enough space to accommodate the host descending from the various parts of the ship. Already a small gaggle had arrived, forming a rough semi-circle around the armored man who had started the organization from naught. Opening his arms as if to receive them all, the Harbinger then spoke.

"Welcome my brothers! Welcome my sisters! Tonight, I give you an opportunity to test your strength. Step up Vanguard, challenge your foe and see which one of you will stand victorious! This is your chance to prove yourself through blood; seize the opportunity!"

The response, overall, was positive from those who had gathered thus far, but the collective mindset could not be gauge until everyone arrived. Of course, as the Harbinger did not wish to see his comrades slain this night, the ground rules for this barbaric display had to be set down. "Now before you set about calling out your fellows, here are the ground rules. One, no fatalities. Two, you may use only one weapon. Three, no Force usage. Four, choose wisely. A fight will go on until one of you submits, or until it is obvious which combatant is the victor. Lastly, there can be multiple brawls at once. Call a man, or woman, out and go for it."

And that was the extent of the explanation. Now the rest was left up the Vanguard themselves. Who would they challenge? How would the fights go? Only time would tell.

If you do not wish to participate in the festivities, you are more than welcome to spectate and/or start a betting pool or something. Cheer them on!

[ [member="Adela Verd"] | [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] | [member="Andromeda"] | [member="Break"] | [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Deneve"] | [member="Devon Gramus"] | [member="Erith Hallawin"] | [member="Felix Firestone"] | [member="Grandu"] | [member="Ijaat Akun"] | [member="James Gabriel"] | [member="Jareth Oldron"] | [member="Jessica Century"] | [member="Jonas Vile"] | [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"] | [member="Liona Mikael"] | [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] | [member="Oddball"] | [member="Oron Verd"] | [member="Paislee ArmandĂ©"] | [member="Rahm Jakorr"] | [member="Reclaimer"] | [member="Tusk"] | [member="Wes Redtree"] | [member="Xalus"] ]​

Lurcano Car'dann

"Kark you, I won't do what you tell me."
Lurcano's face was flushed as he cheered with the various other unblooded. He roared his approval as Isley, the leader of their organization; outlined the rules. His heart was pumping at what seemed to be a million beats per minute, and adrenaline was flooding through his veins. 'Now it's time to show my worth. I need to prove that I am capable of holding my own. Yet, who can I challenge to gain the respect of my fellow comrades? I need someone good, someone established and experienced.'

Suddenly a thought flashed into his head. It was a lunacy, and that only spurred Lurcano forward. 'This might back fire completely, or this might just work out exactly as planned. Either way, it's to late to back down now. Let's do it!' All the while, though the room was filled with much jeering, laughter, and merry making. No challenges were issued. Lurcano decided he might as well be the first and set the bar as high as he possibly could for the rest of the unblooded. He shouldered his way past everyone else and said,

Lurcano Car'dann: "Challenge anyone you say? Alright. I want to challenge the best. What of you Harbringer? Are you too old now to fight with the rest of us? I wish to test my mettle against yours. See what all the legend is about? No armor, no weapons. Fist against fist, mind against mind. As fair as it could get. What say you to my offer?" As Lurcano finished speaking, the crowd roared its approval and the room was filled with the clamor of people cheering and stomping their feet on the floor eager for the first battle to begin.

[member="Isley Verd"]

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
Adela tried, she really did. But she couldn't keep a small snigger from escaping when [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] challenged her buir. Maybe she was underestimating Isley, but...somehow, she doubted it. Either way, this would be a show worth watching.

A hundred on Harbinger to win. She decided, glancing around for someone to bet with - provided she didn't get dragged into a fight of her own first. She had the weapon she'd be using, her besk'ad, at her hip.

Jonas was spectating from the back of the crowd as Isley announced the beginning of this open brawl. The excitement and energy of the Vanguard filled Jonas with a warmth that he hadn't felt in some time. It brought a sly grin onto his face. He was even unmasked for this little event. One could see his mask hanging out of his pocket. He wanted an unhindered view of the Vanguard showing what it is they are made of.

Then came the first challenge.

Some mook spoke up and challenged the Harbinger, one of Jonas' old friends, Isley Verd. He knew what Isley was capable of. Apparently, this Unbloodied did not. Jonas then maneuvered himself to the front of the crowd o get a good look at the upcoming fight.

Liona Mikael

Ain't nothin' a little hotwirin' can't fix.
Liona preferred to stay on her own ship, whether it be in space or the Eminence's hanger. She was a solitary sort of smuggler, and usually had jobs she was doing taking her time. Today was not one of those days. In fact, she'd been asleep in her ship ( in the hanger) when the Harbringer had requested her presence for 'testing'. The slightly bleary eyed young woman climbed out of her ship, almost tripped over a crate awkwardly placed at the boarding ramp of her ship, and maneuvered around the other moved ships until she came to the group.

In time to hear the rules, and one of the challenge the boss man himself. The smuggler unholstered on of her blasters, perching herself on a tower of crates to watch the sparing.

Wonderful. She was going to end up stunned on the floor without any cover. Bah, cover who needs portable cover? She made a mental note to build a portable shield generator eventually for times like this.

Vero stayed near the fringes of the crowd, a hand casually in his pocket as he seemed to wave all of this off. He preferred to stay back at least for now. In order to view and gauge the personalities of his new comrades from how they fight and if they decide to. Even though he planned on not joining he was completely prepared to take on a challenge if one presented itself to him as he let a hand rest on his UR-G8 blaster pistol just in case a challenger approached the unbloodied merc.

Kado had been nodding along with the rules and looking around to see who he would challenge. He didn't have any grudges to settle, and barely knew more than a handful of people peripherally. He had been spending most of the last month in the forge works on the Eminence banging out his new armor. He wore that armor now, helmet under his left arm and rifle slung across his back. Then he heard someone challenge the Harbinger himself. Instantly, Kado lost interest in finding his own bout at the moment. He turned and watched as most everyone else settle down and wait for the fight.

"Five hundred credits on the Harbinger." he said over the hubub. He looked at [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] and shrugged apologetically to his squadmate. He wasn't ashamed of his confidence in the Harbinger, but he felt bad for not supporting his squadmate.

[ [member="Adela Verd"] | [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] | [member="Andromeda"] | [member="Break"] | [member="Canal Tal'Verda"] | [member="Chiasa Kritivaas"] | [member="Deneve"] | [member="Devon Gramus"] | [member="Erith Hallawin"] | [member="Felix Firestone"] | [member="Grandu"] | [member="Ijaat Akun"] | [member="James Gabriel"] | [member="Jareth Oldron"] | [member="Jessica Century"] | [member="Jonas Vile"] | [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"] | [member="Liona Mikael"] | [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] | [member="Oddball"] | [member="Oron Verd"] | [member="Paislee ArmandĂ©"] | [member="Rahm Jakorr"] | [member="Reclaimer"] | [member="Tusk"] | [member="Wes Redtree"] | [member="Xalus"] ]​

It wasn't very often that Lilith ventured out and joined in on anything semi-social, she after all preferred to remain in the shadows and keep to herself on the grounds that other's were a tedious bother to her. Do to her upbringing, she had a clear dislike for others, often times coming off as cold and withdrawn to any that tried to approach her.

So it was a very occurance indeed when the crimson haired woman made her appearance. Standing back whilst leaning against a wall, she bit back the smile at the challenge issued towards Isley, she had seen him in action back on Dromund Kaas after thier initial encounter. Biting back a chuckle, she was very curious to see how this particular match played out. Where as the others were placing bets, she held back on the grounds that she only knew one of the patcipants skills.

Kyla Foy

K
Ailyn came into the room and noticed the first person to instantly challenge her master. She shook her head while being within her alchemized armor, through the time within the Netherlands she gained enough strength to averagely be able to wield the armor. She took a step in front of her master as she said, "How dare you challenge, my master? I bet every credit, I got in my arsenal including my armor on my master to win." She said looking through her headgear towards the outlaw. "Challenging a mandalorian to a hand to hand combat situation, will be your undoing." The armor was surely doing its work in bringing her over to the dark side.

[member="Isley Verd"]

[member="Lurcano Car'dann"]

In that moment, personal motivations didn't matter.

Isley did not question why the Unbloodied before him stepped forward and challenged him specifically; nor did he entertain the thought of declining said challenge for even a second. The Mandalorian did not pay much attention to the response of the crowd for that matter either, although he did give his apprentice, [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"], one of those "okay, settle down" glances from when she stepped forward and spoke in his defense. All about, the Vanguard roared their approval; for who didn't want to see their Harbinger fight? Who didn't want to see what the old Mandalorian was capable of?

And honestly, it had been far too long since Isley had a good brawl.

"No armor you say? Alright. Give me a second." came his response. Sure, the challenge was honorable, but it was also a pain in the ass. Putting on a crap ton of beskar wasn't exactly the quickest process, nor was removing it either. But for this? Isley would gladly do so. Starting with the helmet, the Mandalorian began to disassemble his beskar'gam, reducing himself to the bodyglove upon which the armor was assembled. Taking off any more than that would have left him in his boxers.

Now while that would have been entertaining for all to see, his daughter was in the room. So that wasn't happening. Not at all.

Once liberated from his beskar'gam, Isley took a moment to tie his dreadlocks into place behind his head; out of the way so that he could see properly. His shoulders were then rolled, followed by his neck...and strangely enough, both felt very light. Having been burdened by armor practically every day for decades, removing it for a brawl left the Mandalorian feeling rather quick on his feet. This, of course, prompted a rather fiendish grin to appear upon his face before he raised his fists.

There wasn't anything special about how he stood. Isley guarded his head, kept his legs an average distance apart, and began to bounce upon his heels. The challenge was accepted, the crowd was besides itself, and now [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] had the chance to prove himself.

"Let's go."

[member="Jonas Vile"], [member="Lilith Engelis"], [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"], [member="Liona Mikael"], [member="Grandu"], [member="Adela Verd"]

"Hey, old man... Don't hurt the challanger too bad..."

Speaking from the shadows where she happened to be conviently perched atop a crate, Deneve threw her father an affectionate glance before moving her attention to those around her. It wasn't long before her gaze settled on the other 'Child' of her father's , biting back the cruel remark that welled up within her mind, she would then cross her arms over her chest and resign herself to watching her father beat this person to a pulp. A good source of entertainment in her opinion.

[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Adela Verd"]

Rahm stood at the forefront of the crowd, patiently waiting for the fighting to begin. The soldier had taken one of his painkillers not too long ago, and the lack of effect was getting to him. He'd left his helmet back at his bunk and the burnt portion of his face started to itch madly. He scratched at his cheek absentmindedly, his arm's tremulous shaking preventing Rahm from doing any real harm.

Apparently one of his fellow un-bloodied had challenged The Harbinger to single combat. The guy has stones, I'll give him that.

Some of those around Rahm cheered, while others whispered bets and odds between themselves, casually sending credit chits this way and that through the crowd. The cacophony of sounds grated againt's Rahms ears, the stink of sweat permeated his nostrils, and his knuckles ached with need. Come on. Come on. Rahm gritted his teeth against the rhythmic beat of his heart pounding in his temples. And then, just as the ache became approached unbearable, the wave of warm, relaxing, bliss swept over Rahm, pushing the outside world away, leaving the soldier alone with his warmth, his thoughts and the fight. Much...Better...

Rahm shook the butterflies away from his head, he felt much better now; rested, serene, and most importantly, ready to watch a brawl.

[member="Isley Verd"] [member="Lurcano Car'dann"]

Lurcano Car'dann

Lurcano merely nodded his head as the Harbringer got into his ready stance. Lurcano in the meanwhile had been stretching as well. He made sure to keep his breathing steady as he approached the man. Though Lurcano had fought plenty of people before, even a few Mandalorians; he'd never fought someone as experienced or as well trained as Ishley. Intimidated wasn't then right word for Lurcano's feelings towards him, respect would suit his temperament a bit better.

Letting out a series of guttural grunts, and spat a large glob of phlegm to the side. 'Let's show this mother karker how we do it in the Red Ravens.'

Ignoring the looks he got from the crowd as well as several comments that were thrown his way whether they were encouraging or not; Lurcano approached Ishley. He decided that he would be aking his time with his movements as he kept his hands up. He felt good, and he knew that the outcome of the fight would prove to both him and the rest of his comrades who the superior fighter was. Upon getting into range, he utilized a technique he'd learned when he'd fought Lysle. Lysle had been an accomplished shock boxer and he'd been trained, funnily enough, by a pair of Mandalorian twins. 'Time to put what I learned from THAT fight into use here. Hopefully it'll give me the necessary tools to succeed.

Suddenly, Lurcano quickly moved his body to the left sliding to the side much like Lysle had done in their fight and he swung his right fist towards Ishely's face. He used the added kinetic energy and momentum he got from his slide, to add extra power to his swing. Regardless whether or not his swing ended up being successful, Lurcano would follow this punch up with a series of lefts and rights, with the odd uppercut mixed in. Lurcano's intention was to drive Ishley back and do as much damage as he could, all the while he kept himself hunched down with his head lowered; though he was ultimately exposed. The crowd that was spectating the fight had made a make shift ring, and they would throw anyone who tried to get out back into the fight. They wanted blood, and Lurcano intended to give it to them. And lots of it.

[member="Rahm Jakorr"] [member="Deneve"] [member="Isley Verd"] [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] [member="Lilith Engelis"] [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"]

Dorano1

The little girl with Force powers
[member="Deneve"] [member="Isley Verd"]

"Hey, old man... Don't hurt the challenger too bad..."

"Don't listen to her, buir!" Adela called out, grinning widely. "Hurt him as bad as you can!" Perhaps not the appropriate response of a daughter to her father, but...kark it. Del wanted blood, and preferably not her father's. Her eyes gleamed as the fight began, and she found herself watching, analyzing, trying to anticipate both Is'buir's moves and his challengers - while reigning in the voice in her head that screamed at her to smash [member="Lurcano Car'dann"] against the wall as hard as she could for daring to strike at Isley. Nobody ever accused Del of being sane (and at this rate, nobody was likely to either).

The challenger had cahones, this much was true. Not even a few seconds after the combatants finished their respective preparations did he boldly launch himself into the fray. Isley watched with the utmost attention, seeking out any and all openings to his advance. He moved left, a slide, whilst slinging his right fist forward. Now, most fighters would see this as the prime opportunity to move back and to let momentum do its job...

Not Isley. This was the dude who clocked a Sith Lord in the jaw after all.

As opposed to any sort of retreat, the Mandalorian displayed his own boldness. A step forward was made whilst simultaneously raising his left arm. The punch was then intercepted: blocked by the back of Isley's wrist against the underside of Lurcano's. This interception was followed by a quick shove of the wrist that made way for a swift jab with the right fist. Isley was not looking to end the fight in seconds, and as such he did not aim for anything vital.

The nose was the target, of course. The crowd wanted blood and a collision between his knuckles and the challenger's face would be more than enough to oblige. As such, the Mandalorian made his attempt to score First Blood, but only the reflexes of the challenger would dictate his success or failure.

OOC: I sincerely apologize for the grievous delay! I'll be able to post regularly from here forward.

[member="Adela Verd"], @Lilith Angelis, [member="Lurcano Car'dann"], [member="Jonas Vile"], [member="Liona Mikael"], [member="Grandu"], [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"], [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"], [member="Deneve"], [member="Rahm Jakorr"]

Lurcano Car'dann

As Lurcano slid to Isley's left side and threw his punch, he immediately realized the mistake he'd made. Though he didn't quite realize the magnitude of his mistake till the jab that Isley through out connected with his nose. Once his blow was blocked, Lurcano attempted to move back but he was simply to slow. The Mandalorian moved extremely fast for his size and this definitely surprised Lurcano. 'Stupid karker. No chit he's going to move fast. He spends all day wearing heavy as kark Beskar'gam. Think before you act damn it!'

This accompanied with Lurcano's rather dreadful footwork allowed Isley to land a free blow square on his nose. His head snapped backwards, and he rocked on his heels. Despite this he remained standing, though his upper lip begin to fatten up slightly and he thought he felt a small trickle of blood coming from his nose. Gritting his teeth while his eyes refocused, Lurcano decided he would cut the boxing bullpoodoo and go back to what he knew and loved. 'This fight will end real soon if I don't pull something out of my ass right now.'

Thankfully, Lurcano had an answer. Stepping forward before Isley could throw out another jab, Lurcano's arms would move to grab around his opponents sides. He would draw him in close while he stepped forward, almost into a hug of sorts. He would then rotate his hips into his opponent while his leg would start to sweep underneath Isley's own leg. With a grunt, he would try to heave Isley into the sky and thrust him onto hard ground of the Starship.
tumblr_nk4bgy2lJK1u86dwqo1_400.gif
If his attempt was successful, Lurcano would throw himself onto Isley before he would have a chance to react, and straddle him around the waist. He would then proceed to rain down blows on the mans head while his legs gripped Isley's sides to make any attempts to dislodge him from his current position all the more difficult.

[member="Adela Verd"] - [member="Jonas Vile"] - [member="Isley Verd"] - [member="Liona Mikael"] - [member="Grandu"] - [member="Kado Malcom-Waight"] [member="Ailyn Cyar'ika"] - [member="Deneve"] - [member="Rahm Jakorr"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom