Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fish Goes Blub...

Quantill City, Ando
It was shortly after his promotion to Master that the man known as Josiah Denko decided to change his path within the Confederacy of Independent Systems. Prior to this point, he had flown the banner of a Templar Crusader: a warrior who worked alongside the Confederacy's military as apart of their command structure. However, he felt as though the Force desired for him to walk a different path...one of greater good for the people of the growing congregation of worlds. There were soldiers, droids, and other dedicated military personnel who were exceptionally fit for the duty of protecting the worlds that made up the Confederacy; and if need be Josiah knew he would lend his full strength to their cause...but now, he decided to take the mantle of Templar Ranger.

And with this title, he vowed to protect and serve.

As a Ranger, it was his duty to learn the customs and laws of the various worlds that made up the Confederacy so that he may aid the local authorities in enforcing them. In addition, it fell upon his shoulders to keep the domestic peace and to foster a greater relationship between the people of the worlds and the Confederacy's government. All in all, this was a task that Josiah felt would do greater good; for he was directly interacting with the people more, as opposed to rending apart slavers on the field of battle. With the duties and expectations of a Templar Ranger came warranted visits to the worlds that made up the growing nation, and this day the young Master had ventured to Ando. It was a relatively recent addition to the Confederacy of Independent Systems' growing family, and its people had decided to join in the wake of the Dark Harvest outbreak.

Suffice it to say, with the growth of neighboring entities, they decided it best to join and be free by their terms, as opposed to being absorbed by others.

To this end, the Ranger ventured forth to the world and paid a visit to the Capital City. He spent hours upon hours meeting with dignitaries, learning the laws, and rubbing elbows with the upper echelon...but after this span of time had passed, he felt the need to venture out and mingle with the people. (Furthermore, he was starving and there was bound to be a decent bakery on Ando, he just knew it!) With these thoughts in mind, the young Master ventured about into the Capital and deliberately got lost, walking about the streets and back alleys at his leisure. With his hood up, hands stuffed within the pockets of his sweater jacket, and whistling a tune, Josiah wandered about Ando, looking for someone...anyone...to interact with.

@[member="Ishtar Freyja"]

@[member="Josiah Denko"]

“Out with you!” Besalisk declared as he carried Ishtar out with all four hands. Then he tossed her into the crowd. Hitting the ground, she slid a little bit. Words were exchanged that were not friendly. Slowly getting back up to her feet, she spit at him and said a few more words that were more aggressive and hateful in nature. He replied in suit with his words before going back in the restaurant. For her, she dusted herself off which had stains and grime from the years, and she looked around.

The treatment was normal for Ishtar. Even across the galaxy from her species homeworld, she was an outcast for being homeless and different even among the Nautolan that was her species. This normalcy was the only thing she could count on being the same. As such she quickly darted into the alley ways, she moved in the shows of the buildings until she was far enough away from the restaurant she got thrown out from.

Once away and in a clear of others getting at her for the show that was put on. She moved into the crowd. Little bumping into people left and right was normal. She was not seen until others bumped into her. Even whistling hooded men could easily miss her to bump into her then continued on. It was not the fact she was short. Average height did not contribute to it. The issue was being homeless, unwanted, undesirable in the eyes of those that had more.

The sad, simple fact was that the young Master was woefully oblivious to that which was not directly at eye level; and for a man whose height was over six feet, there was plenty below him to oversight. Amongst these was a woman characterized by a shortness of stature, uniqueness of appearance, and the presence of grime and dirt upon her clothing. Sadly, the Templar towered over her and he was completely caught off guard by the small impact that occurred between their two bodies. "Ack! I'm so sorry!" he said, looking down to the woman. Due to the size difference, though the collision was small, it'd have been enough to knock the woman onto her rump; and as such Josiah immediately extended his hand with an apologetic look on his face.

It was then that he got a good look at her.

She was the most unique woman he had ever seen, and resembled a Nautolan. It was as if she were one, but at the same time, she was not. Josiah greatly appreciated her uniqueness, for his own background included a heritage of the Kral'jica, who were just as unique as she was. He did not see her as some freak of nature by any stretch, but instead saw her as beautiful. A warm smile graced his lips as his hand stayed in the air, awaiting her acceptance or rejection. "I'm so sorry miss, I did not see you there." he began, "my name is Josiah, sorry to umm...bump into you like this."

@[member="Ishtar Freyja"].

@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Eyes went to looking at the ground after hitting her bum on the ground. Embrass and a little bit afraid, Ishtar had a small panic attack. This resulted her overlooking the hand offer. It also helped her miss what was said too. The panic had her scrambling to her feet. At the same time, she did not know it was happening but the fear of another round of issues had the force called up to push (nudged) everyone around her.

Ishtar took only a spilt second to look around and find an alley to dart into. Like her rags she called clothes, trash in the alley was a good cover to hide. She did not want trouble right after being thrown out of shop. Under the crates and trash was a weeping girl. Everything bad always resurfaced for her at the same time she believed she was in trouble. Every species had their mutations but little Ishtar was firmly believing she was alone.

The reaction received by the young Master was one he did not expect...and left him standing awkwardly in the alley. Upon his face was plastered an expression that, quite literally, could only be described as the physical manifestation of the gears turning in his mind. After he had gotten over the fact that he had been nudged telekinetically and the woman had ran off at top speed, Josiah decided to go after her in order to see what he could do to help. It was not his intention to bring and harm to the young woman, and if she was hurt or in any trouble, he felt it his duty to offer assistance. As such, he followed after her at a calm, yet brisk pace, and rounded the corner into the alley she had escaped into.

At first, an initial sweep of the alley with his eyes yielded no good results...but then he heard the sound of weeping. While it led the young Master directly to her, it did not do wonders for the man's heart. He felt absolutely terrible, for he was under the impression that his carelessness had caused the woman to run away and burst into tears. As such, he came to a halt before where she was ducked and began to tap into the unique traits of the Zeltron blood racing through his veins; electing to project calming emotions onto the weeping woman as he spoke softly. "Miss," he began, "I am so sorry. Please, let me help you..."

Being found was unnerving, there was never a soul before that went after her when ducking out of sight. The sure thing had been push others back and escape. The man appearing ended the streak she had. However the shock and nerviness was oddly lessening. The projecting calming emotions had never been experience of hers. It did work and the frighten one grew more relax. Ishtar had to question him and get a better understanding of why she felt different. Softly and meekly her voice carried her words, “Why help me? No one helps me or others like me.”

It would seem as though the young Master's tactic had worked, and for this he allowed himself the faintest sense of satisfaction. However, he remained just as calm, polite, and soft-spoken in his response to her inquiry. "I cannot fathom why no one would want to help you," he began, his lips forming into his trademark smile that bled warmth, "but if that is your current predicament, then consider me unlike anyone you have ever met. My name is Josiah, I am a Master of the Templar Order...and I cannot stand idly by when others require help. As such..." He once more extended his hand to her, making it obvious that he had no desire to harm her, "allow me to help you. If you come with me, I will make sure that you are well taken care of." Of course, this was a reference to the sordid clothes that she wore, but he did not explicity state as much.

@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Ishtar looked down for a moment. She felt bad that reacted like she did when another actually was trying to help. Looking back up with her white eyes, she tried to smile, but she did take his hand. The moist, rubber felt hand grasped his. Then she slowly got up to stand up in all torn, dirty, old tattered clothes. Small and frail even for a street rat had to continue to look up because how much shorter she was to him.

Still, there were old questions and now new ones. Her mind ordered the questions into a list and a small time frame for expiration. The one with the shortest time did have another one right behind it. It had one center on knowing what the Templar Order was. She figured Master and order had something similar to Jedi Order; however, she never met a Jedi that was a Master. The words were carried with same tone as before. “Still don’t understand why someone would offer assistance when so many just walk by or beat down, and add in you being a Master of the Templar Order… why offer such kindness to unknown and what is Templar Order?”

At long last, the woman reached up and took grasp of his hand. For some, the moist, rubbery feeling would be something off-putting, but for one with a heritage of similar roots, this feeling as all but normal. As such, Josiah aided in gently elevating her to her feet, smiling all the while. Once she stood, her question was one that he could have expected; and with the same smile he answered. "Well, up until recently, Ando was not apart of the Confederacy...and from what I know of history, they aren't exactly the nicest to the more unique members of the Galaxy. However, they have joined the CIS, and as such the Templars have been able to reach this world. Why do I offer you assistance? Why do I care? Because you are alive, and the gift of life is precious. I do not think that you deserve to be treated poorly, nor live in squallor, simply because of who you are."

Josiah had to catch himself before he went into full-on rant mode...It was obvious that the wanton mistreatment of others was something that irked him on a fundamental level. He inhaled a calming breath before continuing to answer her inquiry. "The Templar Order is a congregation of individuals from throughout the Galaxy who are gifted with the Force. The ability that you displayed, nudging me out of the way just a few moments ago...that is a manifestation of the Force. You, miss, are unique and blessed with the Force's touch, and the Templars can show you how to harness that gift and make it something amazing. If you'd like, you can come with me to Roon, and I'll personally make sure you are cared for, and that you are educated in the Force...However, should you choose to decline, at least allow me to make sure that you have enough credits to properly survive. I don't want to see you in the streets, nor mistreated."

"By the way...What is your name?"

@[member="Josiah Denko"]

Not really at ease, the white eyes still glanced around. Looking for escape routes was something she did like breathing. Some would sit facing the front door or another habit for feeling secured in the chaotic world. From what she saw it had to be done. There was no safe way to exist when alone. For Ishtar, she was tired, hungry, and feeling ill. Feelings that were getting odd of having each day for last… she could not remember any day those feelings were not there.

On one hand, here was her chance of leaving the painful past in the dust; however there was the force thing. Ishtar did not have a firm grasp of the idea. That lack of knowledge could be a blessing or her getting into trouble. A possible trouble that could have no escape routes open. An answer for the choices that would change her life appeared to have a delay window. It was easier to give a name than anything else.

In a polite tone, she gave her name, “I’m Ishtar Freyja.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom