Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First steps

@[member="Saran Drast"]

"Excellent central focus." Kiskla commented, stepping around a youngling as they angled their wrists to deflect oncoming blasts from an orbiting droid. There were three present in the class today, and as one, they lifted their helmets. The lesson was over for the day, and in turn, each set down their equipment with deep respectful bows before scampering off to other duties with a triad of 'Thank you, Master Grayson!'s

They were still very young, and had yet to pass their initiate trials. Kiskla hated this age, children were so...irksome. But as a whole, the council had agreed to get more involved with training. And Kiskla had taken that as a personal training, piling padawans on. The stronger they made the Jedi army, the better they would serve against The Sith Empire.

There had been four in the training facilities, but now there was only her as she collected the training gear and re-stocked them along the walls. She had an appointment with another Padawan in a few moments, and it was best to start off with a clean slate. Or at least a bare training room.

Saran waited outside while @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] cleaned the room, not wanting to disturb her. Her shoto was cold in it's sleeve holder. She had started carrying it there when a master had teased her about being worried enough to carry two. Her outer robe was heavy enough to hide it, and it was in a seam of her inner one. Finally, her master stoped moving around, apparently done. Knocking on the door, she asked: "Master?"

The voice of another, coupled with a knock caught her attention and Kiskla turned from the previous class' equipment to look at the doorway. "Ah, Padawan Drast, come in." She was working off the assumption that this was indeed the Padawan learner that she had scheduled an appointment with. "I'm Jedi Master, Kiskla Grayson. Pleasure to meet you."

Kiskla waited for the youngling to enter, before tucking her hands into her robes and standing completely erect; her posture obviously commanding. Because Kiskla was an impatient person herself, and she was sure @[member="Saran Drast"] would be anxious to begin her foray into The Force, Kiskla cut straight to the inquisitive chase; "What are you hoping to gain from today's lesson?"

Her light eyes tracked the Padawan's telekinetic use.
"Alright," Kiskla agreed. Telekinesis was a fairly basic foundation for all Jedi -- but what Kiskla needed to know, was how much @[member="Saran Drast"] already knew. She didn't want to bore the poor girl to death with talk of how to manipulate her midichlorians, or frustrate her by going beyond her knowledge.

"When you say better what kind of manipulation are you looking into? Moving that from a farther distance, with more speed? What do you already know?"

"I'd like to be able to use it on anything bigger than this." Saran replied, holding up her shoto. Her abilites in this were limited, and that would never be good enough to give her master justice.

Again, incredibly ambiguous.
Oh well. Kiskla decided to go against her worse nature and take it with a grain of salt, and instead understood that the Padawan merely had great desires and plans and just needed help to conquer them.

"There are a lot of sizes in the galaxy," Kiskla smirked, allowing her humour to peak through despite her agitation. @[member="Saran Drast"] had already demonstrated that she was proficient in calling her melee weapon, she just wanted to upgrade in size. Fine. Long legs crossed the training facility before she rested her hand on a deactivated AOS droid's shoulder. "We'll start with something like this."

There was no need to activate the droid. "Reach out to this droid's inanimate presence. Find it's gravitational centre and manipulate it."

Saran did as she was told, studying the droid before wrapping the base of the chest in the force and slowly, carefully, raising it up. Or at least trying to. The droid came about a meter off the ground. However, as she did so, searing pain shot through her spinal column, forcing her to loose her concentration and focus on staying conscious.

Her knees hit the floor at the same time as the droid.

"I'll never be good enough, will I?" She asked weakly, hoping her fears were wrong.

[OOC: I'm using Wizard's Star Wars RPG to guide her power level (currently level 2 Jedi Guardian). She tried to use more power than necessary, and eventually sapped her wound damage as well. Put simply, she almost passed out from trying harder than she really needed to.]

Oh. Awkward.

Kiskla had never been in this position before, where someone literally collapsed from overexertion and then proceeded to delve into a wallowing pool of self-pity.

"No."
Things had been going well until @[member="Saran Drast"] had lost control. And through Kiskla's observations she was able to maintain a cool exterior to the girl.

"I think you were too good for that exercise." The blonde Master replied, tapping her bottom lip thoughtfully, appearing unaffected by the Padawan's defeatist attitude.

"You were doing fine when you understood the droid. Somewhere along, however, you overestimated your opponent." Kiskla paused, light eyes summing up the weakened Padawan as she knelt to meet Saran's patched up eyes. It was a weird feeling, looking into nothing but cloth, but she supposed it was an established norm and she should do it. Her palm rested on the girl's shoulder.
"Which can be just as fatal as underestimating. Want to try again, or end for the day?"

"Give me a minute." Saran said to @[member="Kiskla Grayson"], trying to get her mind to focus. Forcing herself up and taking a deep breath, she reached back out for the droid's core.

Something was different this time. She knew it was easier than she had thought, and this time the droid came up with very little effort. still a meter off the ground, the droid began to move towards her. Without thinking, the shoto was active in her hand, and she impaled the droid on the blade before letting it fall off the now-deactivated blade.

Kiskla nodded and stepped back, giving @[member="Saran Drast"] her space. The Force was a delicate thing, and everyone manipulated it differently. To see the Padawan begin to succeed in the manipulation, was a relief.

Although, it turned rather aggressive rather quickly.

Kiskla's brows knitted in confusion, at the Padawan's outburst. She would have stepped in, but she believe in nature taking it's course, and she left Saran to her own devices.

"What was that." Kiskla asked, finally. Her tone was only slightly accusatory on behalf of the Padawan's unnecessary aggression.

"I..... I don't know. I brought it to me, trying to move it more than last time, but it was coming too fast. I... I tried to let go, but it kept coming..... It seemed like the only way to stop it. I'm sorry, master." Saran replied, her voice breaking. Looking up at @[member="Kiskla Grayson"], she asked, "I didn't break it, did I?" She sat, bowed her head, and forced down the feeling of failure and disgrace. Fighting to keep her voice level as she drew into herself, she said; "Awaiting disciplinary action, master."

Kiskla frowned, restraining her Jedi empathy.

"We'll work on your control, Saran." She rested a hand on the girl's shoulder and glanced at the droid. "Fortunately, these are built for Padawan training and although it's circuits may be interrupted, it's not detrimental." As on cue, the droid's eyes lit up and it erected it's joints, standing tall once more, despite the scent of burnt metal.

"I want you, to move this droid forward and backward, one foot at a time, so that it ends up in the same spot as it is now."

She lifted her hand and stepped back, "Can you do that for me? For yourself?"

@[member="Saran Drast"]

Saran nodded, and once again, grabbed the droid by the core. Letting herself become lost in the force, she moved it away, then back, first one foot, then two. Finally, moving it the full meter back and forth, she set it back down and sighed. She was ready to go back to sleep. Exhausted, she dropped her shoulders and waited for @[member="Kiskla Grayson"]' s approval.

The droid was a victim to @[member="Saran Drast"]'s machinations. She had quickly advanced her technique, and after at least half an hour of making the droid sway at her whim the Padawan's eager aura dulled.

"Good progress for the day." The master commented. Saran was not her own Padawan, so she didn't see any reason to keep her past her point of her willingness to be there. "Come back again in the morning, and continue to practice. Move the droid from one end of the wall to the other. Then, move to a bigger object. Continue to make yourself learn and grow." She offered a kind grin "But, tomorrow. You've accomplished quite a bit today." Each Jedi had different capacities and want to push themselves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom