Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[First Order] Boom Crunch

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
Garden District - Anita's Antiques Shop
w/[member="Nathaniel Barrett"]
Surviving

"You are welcome… Nate. And yes, my name is Madlyn, or Mads for short," the executive assistant nodded with a small smile. "I have heard that the Sleeping Siren has a nice breakfast indeed. I will have to make a point to check it out should we get back home - I mean, when we do," the redhead quickly corrected herself to keep a more positive outlook even though the despair of their dire situation was starting to crush the hope of surviving this nightmare she held onto.

Madlyn leaned in closer when he pulled out the worn brochure from his bag. The politician looked as she felt, though she probably looked as Nathaniel felt as well. They now were in this together; last of their original group, maybe last of anyone alive in this whole area. There were times Mads just wanted to crawl up in a ball and not move; to let whatever was going to happen happen… Though then she knew she had be strong not only for herself, but for him too. Nate tried to hold the weight of the world on his shoulders. If she could just give him a little support, maybe he'd get them out of here in one piece.

Blue orbs gazed upon the unfolded tourist map and followed the Commissioner's finger as he pointed out their location and where their options were to go next. Madlyn tilted her red-gold head to the side and met his waiting eyes for an answer.

"Well I think we should prioritize. Food and drinkable water is number one to survive so finding those things should be first on our list, then search for the Resistance before we become permanent gutter rats. I admit I'd love to get a change of clothing too… I don't know about you, but I can barely stand myself."

TcaK76K.png
Lieutenant Greenslade shook his head while offering up a sly grin. "No objections," he said of the chance to use civilian man-power to move the space dinosaur bodies. The junior stormtrooper officer was relieved not to have to send his few men back out so soon, and was not at all concerned by the prospect of relying on non-military personnel. He had utilized them in previous patrols, in the days leading up to the here and now. Halcyon had seen first hand the grit and determination these men and women displayed time and time again.

The stormtrooper himself wasn't sure what the applicable civilian high honor medals for bravery were, or if trial by fire would earn them the right to possess and display the military awards so gallantly won by his past, present, and future comrades-in-arms. But he knew they deserved some recognition none the less.

"Your boys have been indispensable." The admiration rang through in his tone as he spoke to [member="Beka Barineker"], before turning his attention back to his Major, [member="Rolf Amsel"]. Hal pointed with his free hand over towards a small tucked away section of the 'Garden'.

"My crew has a makeshift armory where we bunk. We're running low on armor, but a chest-plate could be better than nothing, eh? I'm sure for the Major, someone will even throw in some arms and a leg." He let out a chuckle, allowing a little levity to shine through in the face of this great adversity. "Round up whatever you need and meet us at the entrance in ten?.. Five?" They needed to hurry, but effort could not be instantaneous unfortunately. "I will brief our ditch diggers, with our good scout here." He nodded back to Beka before turning back to Rolf, looking a little embarrassed.

"Not that I'd presume to be giving you orders, sir."

3RFR0Lg.png
"Absolutely, I want you on this one with me. The others will back me up on it, too." The other Starfighter Corps officers, wherever they were - most likely checking on their TIE fighters, or keeping themselves occupied in this or that fashion. They were a good, disciplined crew so far. Wits and intelligence about them, and more importantly, each was a solid, dependable pilot. That was essential for the Colonel handling [member="Pierce Fortan III"] in this delicate time. Indeed, the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium's lightning invasion of Dosuun could not, professionally, come at a better time for Roderik. The Colonel desperately wanted, and needed, to have Pierce back in the cockpit. Not only because he was an exceptionally talented pilot, but more that he was a skilled officer who held a natural leadership quality. He was, next to [member="Nils Brenner"], arguably Roderik's chief achievement within the First Order's Starfighter Corps. The man had earned his place as his replacement, commanding the 100th.

To this end, of returning the Captain to combat operations, Roderik could not think of a better scenario. Intense, but small scale. Hit and fade for maximum survivability, but requiring precise flying. The perfect opportunity to jump-start a career stalled out from injury. To return the sensation of supremacy in the air, replacing the bitter memory of losing ones ship while still occupying it. "It's about time for it, I think."

He spoke up a little louder, enough that [member="Lilith Sedarri"] could overhear while making the meal preparations. "Lilith would agree too, I wager." He flashed Pierce his trademark grin before taking a drink from his glass of water.

Knowing instinctively that Pierce would perform his duties faithfully and expertly as his wingman, Roderik had no reservations about giving him the confidence boost of flying with him in the lead element. With the fate of Dosuun at stake, what was the worst that could happen by employing the best tools at ones disposal?

"Mission planning aside, though. I think that's a bloody brilliant idea to do a little fishing, when we can manage it." It wasn't quite clear if he intended it for recreational suggestion, or out of the near-dire necessity for food they found themselves in.

Marzena Vaas

M
O4jwaui.png
Marzena nodded, her eyes shifted as [member="Natasi Fortan"] pointed in the direction of the safehouse. Needless to say, she did not want to happen upon any of the Ssi-Ruuk patrols, and she added a bit more urgency to her steps. Her breaths were fast and shallow, and she paused to recover as they reached the corner. With the other members of their party now gathered around them, she watched as the Grand Moff swept the area up ahead with a sharp gaze. The coast was clear.

“Oh, good.” She replied in a whisper, and breathed a sigh.

After listening to the Grand Moff’s instructions, Lans came forward to stand by Marzena’s side. The man gave the singer a steady nod, and ensured his weapon was ready. He gave her a bit of a nudge to make sure that she did the same. Marzena’s gloved hand found her weapon; she held it down and slightly to the side. Even though she had fired a blaster before, it had only been practice. Her hands shook slightly at the thought of having to do so now.

With a last glance over her shoulder at Natasi, she stepped forward alongside Lans. Both of them turned their heads warily, eyes watching for any signs of movement. Her heart was pounding. They continued across the street, feet moving swiftly and as silently as they could manage. Before hanging a left down the first alleyway, Lans stepped in front of Marzena and crouched down. His eyes narrowed to a squint, but he spotted the weathered tag hanging on a door.

“There,” He said in a quiet tone, “Let’s move.”

They rounded the corner together, and glanced behind to make sure that Natasi and the others were on their heels. Marzena’s boot came to a halt on the small stoop that stood in front of the door, and she set a very gentle knock on the worn wood before entering. The room was dark and there were blasters fixed on them for a brief moment or two, just until the ones that held the weapons could see that they were not a threat.

“Watch for the others.” Marzena whispered to Lans.

He cracked the door enough to see, and stood ready… just in case.

Progflaw99

O4jwaui.png
--- --- ---​
Time: Morning​
In Vicinity: [member="Madlyn Sol"]​
--- --- ---​
Scratching the light scruff on his chin he nodded. He had to agree, it was likely more important at this juncture to secure food and water before they found themselves in an even more difficult situation later on. Despite their somewhat dire circumstance he grinned. Nathaniel wasn't particularly used to 'roughing it' and having worn the same clothes for about a week and a half hadn't exactly been pleasant for him. A layer of grime seemed to cover everything and his socks? He didn't even want to think about it. Tapping the map once more where the wholesale store was allegedly located he bit the inside of his cheek.

"Sounds like that's our destination then. Did you want to do a once over of this..." he let his eyes roam the interior of the store for a moment before letting the blue orbs settle back on the red headed Madlyn. "...store before we go?"

Glancing back to where he'd lain the night before Nathaniel noticed he'd left his weapon of choice laying on the floor. The Commissioner wasn't particularly used to having to carry around a weapon, or anything for that matter. Not that he couldn't but many times his aides or even droids carried anything he might need for meetings or events. Shuffling quietly over to the counter he wrapped his fingers around the wooden haft of the bat leaned up in the corner. Apparently it was a piece of equipment used in an ancient sport where they'd use the wooden bat to hit a small leather ball... Nate hadn't exactly understood the small write up on the item but it looked solid enough to deal a heavy blow to a saurian if need be, and so he'd taken it, leaving a small credit stick in its place. It had been marked at a price well below what the stick held but he figured he was more concerned with survival than an invisible currency. Letting the heavy end of the bat drop he pick it up by the narrow handle, turning back towards Madlyn.

"Well Madlyn, I think it's about time we got ourselves on the road, we can make one last check here and then we should really head out the back way here. No telling when the next street patrol is bound to come through here."

Extending his hand to help the woman up he gave her a reassuring smile. Whether they liked it or not, they were all each other had for the time being. Nate thought he might have liked to have a garrison of First Order storm troopers right about now instead but he certainly was glad the two of them had survived thus far, with luck, and a little bit of skill they just might be able to make it from where they were to the store unmolested. As if to answer their unspoken hope, a loud screech of metal sounding from the street in front of the store. Instinctively Nate ducked, fingers grasping the door handle leading into the alleyway. His other hand holding the bat, he motioned for Madlyn to follow him, a strained expression on his face. As he motioned, another loud crash came from outside, it sounded like an upturned flowerpot. Through the small slit near the front door he saw a blur of motion pass, a shadow crossing the blinds. A saurian, no doubt in his mind. Silently he waited, eyes glued to the front of the shop. They needed to leave, and now.

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
O4jwaui.png
Anita's Antiques Shop​
w/[member="Nathaniel Barrett"]​

"Probably a good idea to take a quick run through before leaving," Mads nodded, then her blue gaze caught something in the show case within reach of where she was.

Pushing the partition on the back of the case to the side, the redhead grabbed an old-fashion sterling silver letter opener from within that was tarnished a bit along with a flip-top lighter, which could come in handy to start a fire with. They both had fancy initials on it. The items must have come from the same place or person. Madlyn slipped both into her coat pocket along with the candy wrapper; not wanting to leave anything behind that would indicate that they had been there.

"Yes, I'm ready," the executive assistant answered, kindly taking the hand up. "Thank you, Nate," came next with a small smile after standing and straightening herself. She motioned to the bat and quipped lightly. "Walk softly and carry a bit stick… I seem to have forgotten what famous person was noted for that."

The attempt at a lighthearted moment was cut short though by a noise outside they feared all too much. Madlyn bit the inside of her lip to keep a nervous squeal from slipping out. She tucked in behind Nathaniel quietly with haste. Her sapphire gems met his and the mental plan was made.

Another loud noise came from outside the front of the store on the street, then an agonizing shriek…. That's when the two of them bolted out the back of the antique shop into the alley hand in hand.

TcaK76K.png

Professional courtesy was the only thing that kept Irajah from visibly wincing as she looked over the wound on [member="Valessia Brentioch"] 's leg. The ones on her arm and shoulder would have to wait, but she filed them into the 'check out immediately after the danger here has passed.' Because there *was* danger here.

"Karking maw," Irajah muttered, immediately putting pressure on the wound. How the other woman was still walking around, she had no idea. She should have passed out from blood loss already.

One of the women who had been helping her in the makeshift medical corner had fortunately wandered over, and Irajah was just glad she didn't have to shout for anyone.

"I need a dose of L.H., and a suture kit- the smallest size to start," she shot out in rapid fire over her shoulder. "And a local, if we have any left."

Kneeling beside Valessia, Irajah looked up from where she was pressing down on the wound.

"I'm sorry, I know this hurts, but the cut nicked your femoral artery." She didn't say that another couple of centimeters and the other woman probably would have died before making it back here. That was unnecessary and unhelpful.

"I'm going to need to repair the damage to the artery first. We have limited supplies, and unfortunately I'm going to have to do it the old fashioned way. If I can, I'll numb the area first, but we're running low on a lot of supplies," she said, her face a grimace but her tone apologetic.

"After that, I'm going to inject you with a small amount of liquid bacta at the site, and then close up the wound itself."

Liquid bacta. The military personnel had informed her of their affectionate nickname for the field usage- Liquid Hate. It was an effective way of speeding wound healing (necessary in this case), but it burned like no tomorrow. It was the most efficient way of utilizing their diminishing supply of the life saving liquid- the only way to use it that meant they'd have enough to go around. Even the local anesthetic wouldn't be enough to over come that particular pain. Irajah hated it.

When the other woman returned with the supplies, Irajah murmured a few more instructions before looking back at Valessia.

"Are you ready?"

Progflaw99

O4jwaui.png
--- --- ---​
In Vicinity: [member="Madlyn Sol"]​
--- --- ---​
Nathaniel squinted his eyes as the pair slipped into the rear alleyway that cut through the mall of shoppes. Like much of the surrounding architecture, bricks lined the narrow network of alleys and connecting walkways between the stores. To his left he could see a small repulsor-sled, still hovering where its previous owner had likely dropped it when this invasion all began. Gently closing the door behind Madlyn, the Commissioner peered down the alleyway to his right. Debris, garbage, and a few discarded flyers shifted in the light breeze that swept through the mall. Straining his ears he listened, the heavy footsteps they'd heard out front of the store seemed to have stopped, though he knew it was likely they'd kept moving down the street. It also meant they hadn't smelled the pair, wrinkling his nose Nate curtly wondered how they hadn't been sniffed out. After near two weeks in the same clothing, it wasn't that they smelled particularly musky but that was the thing with their saurian invaders... they had a natural affinity for scent. Nate had seen it firsthand during the initial invasion, strange appendages protruding from the widened nostrils of the Ssi-Ruuk. He'd seen the news reports about the Ssi-Ruuk assault on Skye but there it seemed they'd invaded with a large force of P'w'eck as they were called, here on Dosuun... he'd only ever seen the larger saurians, the Ssi-Ruul proper. He'd nodded, a sideways smile cast at the quotation. It was fitting, though he doubted that this was the particular context in which it was used. He would have laughed under normal circumstances nonetheless, it was a fitting statement.

Reaching out a hand for the woman's accompanying him, he began moving his feet, careful to avoid knocking into any trash bins or step on anything that might give away their position. After the initial shriek he didn't hear anything besides the soft patter of their feet on the cobblestone path as they weaved their way first left, then right, then right again through the network of alleyways. The one benefit of being human sized is that the Ssi-Ruuk were unlikely to pursue them in the tight confines of the small paths. Nate paused after the first few turns, taking in a deep breath. He hadn't realized it but he'd been holding his breath. Despite the lighthearted conversation in the small antique shop Nate was really starting to feel the 'crunch'. Nate was a great runner, staying in peak physical condition by running the mountainous hills of New Advora as well as utilizing the pool at his home, but running from cover to cover for over a week and sustaining off of canned food and what water they could carry wasn't exactly what he was used to. Quietly resting the heavy end of his bat on the ground, Nate's eyes gravitated towards a small maintenance map hanging on the wall. Closing in on it, he turned to face his companion before examining it further.
"Gotta remember to breathe." He said sheepishly. "We have to get out of these alleys."
Gently tracing his finger along the route he wanted to take he committed the turns to memory. Shrugging the negligible weight of the small backpack over his shoulder he lifted the bat once more and kept moving forward. After several more turns they came upon a wider causeway at the end of which was an iron gate. Cautiously Nate made his way towards it, peering between the iron bars into the street beyond. He bit down on the inside of his cheek, trying to listen carefully. After a few moments it seemed he was satisfied that there weren't a rabid pack of saurians waiting on the other side of the gate, he reached out and put a hand on the gate's latch. Looking quickly back to Madlyn, he raised an eyebrow.
"Ready?"

skin, bone, and arrogance
TcaK76K.png

Beka lowered her head and left the command center, heading back out into the tunnels. She tucked a dark hair behind her ear and walked briskly along. The tunnels were starting to come to life as the new shift was getting up. That was good; she could co-opt a few of the men from the repairs shift. This was a more important mission. "Lang -- Pimm, with me, please," she ordered at two men who were lacing up their boots. "Meet me at the overturned train car."

They acknowledged, and she continued on the way. "Bryce, would you come, please? Rivas -- you as well. Special project. Thanks," she said, and followed the tracks down to the meeting place, and began to tighten her own laces, then checked her weapons and ammunition stock before briefing the men as they came to meet them. "We'll just wait for Greenslade. He'll keep an eye on us." She referred to [member="Halcyon Greenslade"], who might still be briefing his commanding officer.

TcaK76K.png
Bellum and his pilot Ben rushed in the command center in the garden. Bellum held his DLT-19 in one hand while the barrel was on his shoulder. Ben had his blaster pistol in his right hand and his other hand covering his side where he was shot. They were both out of breath.

"We... We need a medic.. A bloody medic!"

Bellum placed his heavy blaster on a table and placed his hands on his knees and tried to gasp for air. Ben sat in a chair and placed both hands on his wound while he moaned in pain. Bellum caught his breath and stood up.

"Our AT-ST broke down when we were trying to reach the garden... We were surrounded by Ssi-Ruuk forces. My pilot was able to get the walker running again but not before he was shot in his side. We escaped, and hid the walker inside one the tunnels."

He paused to take a deep breath.

"Aren't you going to help him?!" Bellum pointed to Ben who was in the chair, and in pain.

Progflaw99

TcaK76K.png
Almost immediately as the Lieutenant had motioned towards the makeshift armory, Rolf's attention had been averted. Their 'modest' armory was just that. Unfortunately their rapid escape to the tunnels hadn't left much in the way of time to grab weapons or supplies which he supposed had much to do with the situation they found themselves in presently. Giving a curt nod to Halcyon he smiled at the officer's adherence to conduct.
"Not in the slightest Lietuenant, I think we're well beyond customs and courtesies, we're all just trying to survive this mess."
As he stepped off, he heard a commotion behind him, more troopers arriving. One of them seemed fairly badly wounded. The Dr. would do her best to help the man, that he knew but they could use another body on the detail, they were stretched thin as was. Grimacing he raised his voice towards the trooper who appeared to be uninjured.

"Come along lad, give the Dr. some room to do her work." Nodding towards the armory he spoke again. "We need another body, grab your kit and let's go, maybe we can get that walker up and running again after we clear out the bodies we're after."
Quickly ensuring that his XO had a grasp on the situation and was filled in on the details he made his way over towards the small rack of weapons and various bits of armor. Maybe he'd be better suited not to take armor, if being quiet was their main objective, he'd have better luck of that without the cumbersome but protective shield. Choosing instead to pick up a bandoleer of charge packs and sling it over his shoulder he pondered for a moment until his eyes fell on the weapon of his choosing. Certainly not standard issue, usually designated a specialty weapon, he leaned down and picked it up with a grin. The sonic rifle was a solid choice, especially against the Ssi-Ruuk, still capable of damaging internal organs with its blast despite the thick, nearly blaster resistant skin of the saurian race. Slipping on a pair of combat gloves, he made his way towards where the others were beginning to gather as they prepared to leave. As he approached he offered a surprisingly relaxed wave.
"Well, I think I'm ready for a stroll. How about you lot then?" It was mostly rhetorical. "I want Halcyon and Barineker on point, assign your most junior to the rear. Lead from the front, right?"
With a lazy smile he motioned with his hand and took the first few steps. Soon enough the others would come on line with him but for now he would take the lead. Entering one of the major tunnels leaving "The Garden" as they were calling it, he slipped past one of the train cars, nodding to one of the sentries. They would be leaving the relative safety of the station and back out into the realm of the Ssi-Ruuk. At least they had the tunnels for now, once they got above ground they would be at a severe disadvantage. After a minute or so of walking, he slowed down, allowing the two who'd originally reported the bodies to lead the way. Casually he spoke to them as they came on line.

"After we get these bodies cleaned up, we aught to check out the walker, might be able to get it up and running again. That could be critical. Thoughts?"
[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Halcyon Greenslade"] | [member="Beka Barineker"] | [member="Irajah Ven"] | [member="Bellum Hextar"]​

Bellum looked up at the major. He slowly picked up his DLT-19 and went to his pilot. He patted him on the back, and walked towards the major.

"The Ssi-Ruuk are probably surrounding that walker, and without my pilot, the walker isn't going nowhere."

He continued to walk with the Major and his men to the exit of the Garden. Suddenly, he forgot one feature that the AT-ST has.

"Unless... When a pilot has been killed, the gunner has the option to turn on manual controls where the gunner can shoot and move. If your men were to cover me. I can repair the walker's leg, and we can get it operational again."

Bellum was confident now that his plan would work, and it could possibly turn the tide of the fighting. Bellum walked side by side with the major with a dirty officer uniform, and an old DLT-19 that he kept inside the AT-ST just in case the weapon systems were not functional. In the distance he could see the Ordo walker. It was in the middle of a one way street. Around it was Ssi-Ruuk guarding the walker. The lieutenant readied his weapon waiting to attack. He was physically tired, but he was not about to lose the AT-ST that he has served with for over 4 years. He was doing this for the walker. He was doing this for his Pilot, Ben Arsen. He was doing it for the First Order.
[member="Rolf Amsel"]

Alleycat

OCC Account - MTFBWYA
O4jwaui.png
w/[member="Nathaniel Barrett"]​

Once in the alley out back of Anita's Antique shop, the two needed to move quickly and as quietly as possible. Madlyn grasped the Commissioner's offered hand and off they went. She was in great shape as the executive assistant did daily laps in the pool at the Governor's mansion, but riding high on adrenaline and little nutritious food for the length of time they had been on the run from the alien invaders was finally taking its toll. The redhead had to push herself to keep up with Nathaniel.

Nathaniel Barrett said:
"Gotta remember to breathe." He said sheepishly as they rested for a moment, getting their bearings for the next part of their sprint to safety. "We have to get out of these alleys."
"That is always a good thing to remember. Means you are alive as well," Mads nodded, noticeably winded as well. "I agree," she added, then followed him again as they made further progress though the maze of alleyways until the two came to a wide causeway with an iron gate . They would have to cross it, which meant it would put them out in the open.

Nathaniel Barrett said:
"No... but let's do it."

Nathaniel nodded, then pushed the gate open and the two began to make their way hurriedly across the wide open space. That is when Madyln's heel on her right pump finally gave out and broke off, sending her sprawling onto the pavement hard. The redhead tried not to scream out in pain when there was a crack as her arms were spread outward to break the fall, but a stifled whimper did none the less leave her chapped lips as she grabbed her left forearm to stabilize it against her body.

Valessia Brentioch

V
TcaK76K.png
Honestly. Valessia wasn't entirely sure how she was here either, not that it mattered. "Just do what you have to do," she spat. "Sorry." Came the somewhat apologetic reply right afterward. She knew it wasn't Irajah's doing, this was her own fault. The Ssi-Ruuk were not your average, run of the mill mobsters she could out gun and out wit on Brentaal IV. No, they were scale freaks with large talons and claws that had done more than considerable damage to her leg. Femoral artery if they were being exact, the room where this was taking place wasn't exactly inviting, then again - no one had the luxury of heading to any local hospital. She was lucky as it was that Dr. Ven was even here. Looking around she sighed, "just hand me something to bite down on, this is not my first rodeo, save the local for someone who really needs it." Had she ever had a wound this deep? No, but if she could withstand childbirth, slug rounds to the shoulder and other areas of her torso, a repair to her artery should be nothing, right? Was she ready? Um, no. "Last time someone asked if I was ready I was fully dilated and pushing a human being out of my body," it was meant as an off-color joke but it fell flat, very flat, "wow I'm terrible at this, yes I'm ready just," taking a deep breath as she took whatever it was she was handed to bite down, and took another breath and nodded with a thumbs up.

[member="Irajah Ven"]

TcaK76K.png

​From her place kneeling at [member="Valessia Brentioch"] 's feet, Irajah looked up at her, eyes hooded and critically assessing. She didn't know the other woman well enough to be certain that it wasn't simply situation normal, but it didn't take a doctor to come to the conclusion that the blathering, indeed, was not.

"Childbirth is something indeed," she commented. "But the pain is different. Still-" she paused, assessing the supplies brought over to her. "It's a moot point. Unless they come back with some, we're out." At least for situations like this, though she didn't say so. This was a job, especially with a calm (enough) patient, that could be done without it. Her aid had understood that and made the correct decision. Irajah offered the smallest nod.

The aid handed Valessia a scrap of wood wrapped in leather- it had unfortunately been used for this purpose several times, the faint indentations of teeth still haunting the surface if someone were to look.

Irajah breathed slowly for a moment.

"Ready?"

Silly question. Waiting until it was acknowledged, Irajah set to work. Slender fingers moved nimbly, but there was nothing she could do to lessen the pain as she sought out the nick by touch.

Of course, that was the moment someone started demanding the attention of a medic. Without even glancing up, Irajah jerked her head in that direction. Her aid frowned.

"Are you sure? Don't you need-"

"Got this," she muttered tersely. "Make sure whoever it is won't bleed to death in the next fifteen minutes. If he will, well, apply pressure or a tourniquet as needed and let me know. We'll go from there."

She only had two hands, two eyes. And at the moment, they were thoroughly occupied.

Halcyon was standing a bit behind [member="Beka Barineker"] after she had collected her assortment of helpers for the assignment. She didn't need much in terms of assistance, short for providing some additional security. It was a good arrangement, one based on the woman and her compatriot's total competence - and they hadn't let everyone down yet. He only spoke up when she mentioned his name, and keeping an eye on them. "Already present, ma'am." He smiled a bit, stepping beside her to address her troops' before his commander arrived to assist, himself.

"Simple job, we have to take care of some bodies before first light." He continued on, explaining in better depth the intentions of the group as they ventured out into the occupied lands of their adopted home-world. He ended the briefing swiftly as he noticed his commander approaching from his own small task, of collecting gear for the mission.

Halcyon nodded his agreement with [member="Rolf Amsel"], on the choice of weaponry. The sonic rifle, coupled with Lieutenant Greenslade's flechette launcher, was most definitely a fearsome combination against the Ssi-Ruuvi forces that was arrayed against them.

"Splendid weapon," Hal spoke as the Major came back from the makeshift armory. "I think we're all set."

As the group ventured out, the lieutenant's tactical training and instinct took over. More on edge, and hyper-vigilant to his surroundings, although he allowed himself a moment's pause to respond to Rolf's suggestion, regarding the walker.

"Agreed. Worst case scenario, it could be a potential diversion in the future, should we need. I imagine it would light up like a Life Day tree on sensors."

skin, bone, and arrogance
O4jwaui.png

Natasi drew her weapon and watched as Lans and [member="Marzena Choi"] darted out of cover and across the street. The Grand Moff gave another look up and down the street, then nodded to the men with her. One led the way, then Natasi, with the last man following up on her tail. They picked their way across the street, keeping low and hiding behind parked speeders and other detritus that came with being invaded by a ruthless alien force -- power poles and street light signals, garbage cans and newstands, a collapsed pedestrian bridge, and a holocom booth that had been blasted off its foundation.

A chittering sound from up the street caught Natasi's attention as they made to move from behind the garbage can that provided limited shelter. She glanced over the top; the Ssi-Ruuk were closer than she thought -- close than they should have been. They could still make it, probably, but ...

"We have to move," she hissed to the men. "Go, go!" They picked up their pace, keeping low and behind debris where they could, until they finally rounded the corner into the alley. Natasi pressed her back to the wall, turned her head to try to hear if the conversation between the aliens had changed. There didn't seem to be any added urgency, she noted; perhaps they had gotten away with it. Still and all, they would need to take precautions in the safehouse; no light, no head, and only whispers for talking.

Lans held the door out for them as they approached, and only when the door was closed and bolted behind them did Natasi let out the breath she didn't know she had been holding. She looked around the safe room; the "safehouse" was the back of a café, separated from the storefront by a wall, offices, and a kitchen. Natasi made her way through the loading bay and storage area, beckoning the others to follow, then found the manager's office, which due to its housing the safe, was reinforced with a strong lock. When they were inside, Natasi locked the door and glanced at her watch. "We'll take forty minutes just to be sure," she decided, glancing over at the men and [member="Marzena Choi"] to see if they had any problems. "What do you think?"

Valessia Brentioch

V
TcaK76K.png
Leather. Wood. Bite. Valessia's teeth gripped the mouthpiece, digging deep as she did her best to keep quiet. Pain, pain was another way of reminding her that she was alive and if she could feel pain then she could still feel something. The more Doctor [member="Irajah Ven"] dug around, the more her body wanted to give out and the more she willed it not to. Her mind would have to take over for the overload of nerve signals telling her that there was something going on and she knew it. She was reminded of her youth, her first major injury taking a slug to the hip. It had just missed her bone, barely, though. A few more centimetres and it would've caused some serious damage. Valessia was nineteen and she had just started out with the Rufigioni's where she first met Deivani Rufigioni he was a two-bit criminal punk then and he was two-bit criminal punk now, she thought. Only difference was now he had more money and power to swing around places like the Eye on Brentaal IV. Valessia's voice uttered something gruttal as Doctor Ven spoke to someone else, who she wasn't sure of. The Scion of House Brentioch didn't care to figure out who was loitering around a surgical zone.

Npc_humanmale_altug.png

"Ah for force sakes, get that kid on the table, now!" Deivani shouted and looked to Articio, "what in the abyss happened out there Arty? You was supposed to hit over a dairy shop, it's not that friggin hard!" If he was gonna make a name for himself Dev needed his nephew and his little friend here to get it together, "c'mon Dolcezza, c'mon hang in there kid. It's gonna be fine." A few punks working for him grabbed a few of the first aid kits, rolling up his sleeves the one time butcher's apprentice looked at the young girl, "Arty, get the girl somethin' to bite down on, will ya?"

"Hey sweetheart, don't you worry 'bout a thing, your ol' Uncle Dev is here."

Edra wasn't so happy about it, the Zabrak pushed her way forward, "uncle Dev nearly got you iced, the matters with you?! You sendin' her into Little Atrisia like she ain't gonna get smoked out by them crazy kids? My ol' Uncle Hudir had to pull her out of this one, and your little nephew too."

"Did I ask for your opinion, horns?" Deivani hated the fact that the Brentiochs had to hire off Brentaal IV. Edra would rather go back to Nar Shaddaa at least there she didn't have to worry about some high dollar kid who didn't know how to keep her nose out of places it didn't belong. Unfortunately, the Rufigioni's were the bloody backbone to the Curavo's underworld affairs. Dev looked at Edra, "just keep her still, alright, this ain't gonna be easy. They buried this thing right above her hip."

"Valley, I'm here. I'm here and Deilan's on his way."

The young Dathomirian was indeed on his way, nothing was going to get between him and Valessia that was for sure. "Valessia!"
Edra sighed, "and as usual he has to make an entrance, Arty, keep with Valley. I'll get her idiot."

"Valley, hey, I'm so sorry - you didn't have to do that, Cote - he, he thanks you."

Valessia just glared she really didn't care if Cote thanked her for taking the bullet, she didn't mean to take it she was trying to get into position but hey if it works, it works. She wanted to scream but then that's what the mouthpiece was for, wasn't it? It wouldn't be the last time that Valessia took a slug, and her body would bare those scars. Deivani's fingers worked the already deep injury, using tools to fish out the slug. Dielan arrived with Edra behind him, Dielan approached Valessia placing a kiss on her forehead as he took her other hand. "It'll be fine Valessia, I promise."

Edra looked over her shoulder, they were huddled in Bruno's butcher shop, with Valessia's blood spilling about with wanna-be surgeon over here fishing out the slug. "Shouldn't we get her to a doctor, y'know I know a guy..."

"No, and quiet, no - we don't. It's not that bad, there." Deivani pulled the slug and began to apply something to prevent infections although to be honest, Val was definitely going to suffer from this. It'd be the last time she let Dev work on her, the wound healed up but it scarred pretty badly, in fact that scar was still there now.

Back to Avalonia the now older Valessia grunted and gripped what she could to keep from screaming. Leg wounds, hip wounds, childbirth - it was all relative, pain, pain was involved and it reminded her that she was alive. Somehow, she had survive in this Galaxy to feel the very pain she was feeling, by all acounts she should be dead. She should have died right there on that table when she was nineteen but she didn't and now she at least had a suspicion of why but those suspicions would have to be confirmed on her own time when things were back to normal and when the scaled freaks, Ssi-Ruuk were no longer in First Order space.

Progflaw99

TcaK76K.png
Truth be told, the Major was glad for a chance to stretch his legs. In the wake of the Ssi-Ruuvi attack on Skye he'd been stuck on limited duty, unable to get back to the daily grind of training. Rolf didn't like being idle and it seemed to him that's all he'd been since his injury. Stretching his stride just a little bit wider they began making their way towards where they'd been told the bodies were, winding through the complex tunnel system. Rolf was careful to check his corners, pausing occasionally to listen for any sign of their saurian occupiers. As they approached one of the final turns in the tunnel he paused, pressing up against the cool duracrete wall. Looking over his shoulder he motioned with a closed fist, bringing the small group to a halt. They may not have all been a part of the same unit, but Rolf knew that hand signals were taught across the First Order, he just hoped those following hadn't forgotten them - with the superior technology, hand signals had lost a bit of their relevance - at least in command's eyes. Rolf knew better.

Holding up two fingers, he brought them quickly to his eyes and then pointed further on down the T intersection, then indicating with a bladed hand that he was going to watch the cross. They'd hit one of the largest of the junctions and to be caught out in the open here would spell definitive misfortune. Here the tunnel was wide, a collection of tracks coming together to form a nexus of rails. The Ssi-Ruuk would have the advantage over open ground, the only respite they would have is if they were able to get into a confined space, there they would be at an advantage. Making sure those behind him were ready, he prepared, raising three fingers over his right shoulder. Then two. Then one.

Immediately taking a knee, Rolf slipped the barrel of his sonic blaster around to his front, eyes tracking for movement as he cut the corner. Before him lay a wide tunnel, much like Garden Station but here there was no platform, simply an array of tracks and switching mechanisms used as a hub for diverting the many planned routes for the underground transportation network. The tunnel was dark, only dimly lit by bubble lights along the dingy walls. Carefully Rolf watched for the slightest hint of movement while he waited for those behind him to cross the open space.

[member="Halcyon Greenslade"] | [member="Bellum Hextar"] | [member="Beka Barineker"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom