Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Order: A Mahanian Complex [Development]

Fiolette Fortan

F
PnRFms9.png
The Cosmic Balance Center of Healing

Prosperia, Dosuun

Chained still to her bed (figuratively) Admiral Fiolette Yvarro had gotten off holo with the former owner of Primo Victorian, Gralycia McBose. Questions lingered over an old contract for a battlecruiser, a contract that was shifted when the First Imperial Navy had need of smaller, more maneuverable ships. Ships that could be produced quickly to help reshape their naval fleets. Yvarro was without her daughter which meant she was without SCPO [member="Jen Rennic"] as well. She could scarcely blame either of them, but still - she needed someone.

Her niece, [member="Natasi Fortan"] stared her dead in the eyes and all but threaten (no, no she actually threatened) something about throwing the Admiral off the balcony herself. If, if the Admiral so much as barked at another person while she was supposed to be recovering and keeping her blood pressure steady. A list of 'capable' and 'competent' personnel was left with her after that ... incident. Lucy had a ball with it, she'd never seen anyone get into her mother's face quite like cousin Natasi, then again - when you're the Grand Moff... You could probably get away with a lot of things. A sigh escaped Fio's lips as she looked at the initial outline for the ship. Little did she know that the list of capable and competent people on this list had been developed by none other than Deputy Director [member="Sentiri"], which only meant that the best people were no this list.

Honestly, the last thing anyone wanted to do come down to the Center of Healing for was to get yelled at by the Admiral. Not that the Admiral even once apologized to the Senior Chief. Apologies just weren't something she did when she was in the right, an argument that seemed to be a moot point from either side of the family. A man by the name of [member="Jude Falkrowe"] had been on this list and to be quite honest he was the first person on this list. "Nurse!" Fio shouted, "nurse!"

"Get me this Falkrowe fellow, right away!" She shouted, followed by, "... please."

As plain as day.

That was how obviously Jude did not fit in the waiting room of the Cosmic Balance Center of Healing. The people around him were eyeing him often trying to figure out an explanation of this man's presence here. Jude, himself, was not yet too sure about it. [member="Sentiri"] had simply issued him an assignment with any details but a few. He was going to be called by a nurse that would bring him to the notorious [member="Fiolette Yvarro"], an Admiral with reputation that did not need one to read a dossier to know about.

Nonetheless, he was surprised of how precisely correct the Interim Director's information was when a worried nurse approached him and Jude finally concluded that the Admiral's reputation was no myth. He took the stimcaf from the table beside him and shut off the holoprojection of the holonews from his wrist datapad. Before she could open her mouth, Jude smirked and said:

"Lead the way." The blonde gestured at her and she did obediently. She hurried down the corridor to get this finished and Jude knew that she wanted to be away from the stressful job of taking care of Yvarro. The nurse left him at the door and the agent leaned on the door frame. He'd been dressed as casually as they get and as always rebellious against standards such as a clean shaven face. "Admiral Yvarro. You've been looking for a man called Falkrowe. That'd be me." He was not a big fan of people knowing his real name. Perhaps a habit from being an intelligence agent for so long or some sort of self-preserving instinct. Jude was not too sure.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette slipped her glasses on her face and then took them off, "I see." She pursed her lips together and then looked at him, "are you dying?" The Admiral gestured to a seat beside her bed and then looked at the nurse who was all too happy to shut the door behind her. "Mr. Falkrowe, how familiar are you with Primo Victorian Shipwright?" She asks him and doesn't bother to wait for him to answer her. No, the Admiral in her bed with her legs in their casts and her back wired up looks at the paperwork on her desk. Grabbing one file she hands the manila folder to him. Galidraani people had a penchant for older technology it seemed, "prior to Castameer the Warspite project had been in development for quite sometime, the problem then had been a lack of material, tell me, what do you see there that could be improved?"

While she waited for Mr. Falkrowe to formulate his opinions, "I'd like to line the Warspite with another metal to ensure her defensive capabilities, she is meant to withstand a war and that is exactly how I intend to design her." The silver-haired admiral explains as she presses a little button on her desk that activates a miniature holoprojector in another part of the room. "As you can see, Primo Victorian has contracts with several builders throughout the First Order. Here is Valhalla, and Bespin... would be the closes shipbuilder, well, Cloud City Imperial Shipworks." To be exact, but, then she took a breath and went on. "What do you know of Rakata Beta, Mr. Falkrowe?"

[member="Jude Falkrowe"]

"Huh ? No, I a-" He began but was interrupted by the Iron Lady which then abruptly changed the topic from dying to inquiring about his knowledge of Primo Victorian Shipwrights to which he began responding..."Not mu-" when he was once again interrupted by the Admiral who seemed more interested in spewing out all her thoughts before letting Jude have any say in the matter. The agent was not really aggravated, he was not such a character but he did chuckle slightly at the second time he was interrupted.

"Alusteel." Jude curtly responded to her question of what material a warship could benefit from being constructed from. "A rather unused material but that is due to ignorance, m'am. Alusteel can and will help against damage when the shields go down. Well, at least, give you more time to survive rather than other materials. I am not a shipwright, certainly, but I know of Alusteel." Delving into numerous dossiers and reports over his career as an intelligence agent fed one with tons of various information, some useless, some useful. "About Rakata Beta...I am not sure, Admiral. It does not ring a bell. Is there something I should know about it ?"

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]​

Fiolette Fortan

F
Admiral Yvarro looked at Mr. Falkrowe and considered dismissing him for a moment but instead thought to put him to work instead and asked him, "would you do an old Admiral a favor and look into Rakata Beta? I'd like to construct this ship away from prying governments." Such as the Alliance, since they seemed to be the only super power left. She looked at the man and then back to her desk and handed him a folder and told him quite plainly, "Alusteel, find it - preferrably from state manufacturing, if not find me a company who will supply the First Order with it. Primo Victorian can work with that, second, find me Quadranium."

"You can look through the dex if you need to, I'd like to begin construction on the first Warspite soon," she tells him off-handedly as she brings up a holographic projection of the ship in question, "this Mr. Falkrowe is the Warspite-class battlecruiser that will serve the First Order and her Navy quite well." Admiral Yvarro says this knowingly.

[member="Jude Falkrowe"]

Favor?

Both knew well that she was just being polite here. Something rare considering the reputation he has heard of her. Perhaps she was more direct and cray-cray on the bridge. Nonetheless, it did not matter. Jude was here to do his job, the job he was getting paid for. If it meant assisting Admiral Yvarro with naval business then so be it. Most likely, it was something important if an intelligence agent was brought here to do that.

"Sure." He nodded acknowledging her order and the assignment he was given. "But a question if I may?" He moved inside the room towards her as he took the folder that she handed to him. "Why out of First Order territory ?" Jude's question did not sound inquisitive but rather curious as he took a seat on the desk where the dex was. "Prying or not, the safety of such shipyards is guaranteed in our space rather than in some neutral planet." He might not know Rakata Beta but he knew it was not within First Order borders.

As he accessed to the dex and navigated through various portals to find good suppliers of the material, Jude turned to see the holoprojection of the ship once again. Imperial designs by far. He was not surprised but what kept his mind asking questions was why was the First Order Security Bureau engaged with the Admiral's desire to build a shipyard that would, it seemed, handle solely the creation of this battle cruiser. Whatever the result of all of this was going to be, it would certainly be intriguing.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]

Fiolette Fortan

F
"And what makes you think I'm building my Warspite outside of First Order territory?" She gave him a look and then went about to her business. "Also, Mr. Falkrowe would it be possible for you to look into this world for me?" Fiolette Yvarro was being nice, but she also wanted Rakata Beta as her own personal factory world. She had a vision it seemed to turn into something the First Order could use, not just for her naval yard but for the army and other branches of the First Order military. A place where they could build and not worry about a border for the only border to be concerned with was theirs as they marched it across the unknown regions.

"Mr. Falkrowe, while you're looking into Rakata Beta, can you please bring me two blueprints," she then slid him the names of these ships and said no more of it, turning instead to the Warspite's construction efforts, "so I envision this ship to be approximately 2,240 meters and we will need enough Alusteel and Quadranium to begin at least limited production on her. We can see about securing a larger contract later on."

Why or how Jude had come to be here with Fiolette was still a mystery. One might say that without Lucy around, one wasn't sure how she would react. Lucy was now busy with testing and getting fitted for her start as an officer in the First Order. A little family dinner would be held to that end and thus part of her absence today was for that matter. Perhaps it was simply because of who Fiolette was although what she was to members of the Government wasn't public knowledge. At all. So perhaps [member="Sentiri"] could provide the answers that Mr. Falkrowe needed, why was an Intel Agent here babysitting an old Admiral.

[member="Jude Falkrowe"]

Sentiri sat by herself in her apartment. The past weeks had brought great shifts in her life as well as the whole of the First Order and yet somehow she still managed to keep herself well enough alone. She had always been comfortable by herself; had never really fit in with her peers or her family or society at large. Her estranged husband's presence was the only one that ever brought her comfort. But she hadn't heard from him in five years, nor would she want any contact with him. No, she was content being alone.

Still. A position with the Moff Council, if temporary, and suddenly her affairs were more public knowledge. The thought of an alien in the highest echelon of the First Order's government? That was no small news. Staying away from the journalists was of little concern. She was journalism; all published news ran past her desk. What she couldn't shake were the comments of those around her, whether Sentiri heard them directly, indirectly, or just surmised their popping up.

And there was no one to whom to turn. No one to whom to confide. Just Sentiri and her thoughts and her computers. She hated to admit it, but there were moments when she missed her husband.

Among the events occurring over the past weeks, one of the most important to the Security Bureau was their efforts on Terminus. Her alone time did afford the Deputy Director with one thing: plenty of time to plot and scheme greater and greater heights for the Bureau. And Terminus would be a lynchpin in her latest scheme. There were a few snags, though. The least of which was Agent Falkrowe's duplicity about his Force Sensitivity. She couldn't outright reprimand him, lest he be shipped off to the Ren, the Sith, or worse. But she could at least humiliate him a little.

Or a lot.

She keyed the comm on her computer. Bringing up her list of agents, she scrolled down to Falkrowe's blip. She pinged it, waiting for an update on the meeting Sentiri had conveniently allowed to happen between he and Admiral Yvarro.

[member="Jude Falkrowe"] [member="Fiolette Yvarro"]​

Switching between taps on the holodex while an annoying update on his wrist datapad pinged with the sharp and authoritative tongue of the Iron Lady tasking him numerous things at the same time, Jude felt what it was to be a secretary and he hated every one bit of it. What the kark was [member="Sentiri"] thinking ? He would certainly demand overtime for doing this thing.

"Sure." He replied to the hospitalized Admiral as he accessed a detail dossier of Rakata Beta only to be surprised to what it showed. It was heavily populated. Was this damn dossier updated ? Should be. Rakata Beta was not that far from the First Order's capital - Dosuun. Odd. While Admiral [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] was giving him yet another task, Jude was able to type down a short, but sweet reply to his superior over his datapd:

[12:35 PM] SexyJay90 : What the kark ?

Jude then proceeded of accessing the Naval Planning portal and found the blueprints of the two ships she named, hastily he sent them over to her personal datapad so she could see them.

"There's a few Quadranium and Alusteel manufacturers that can secure a larger contract in the future. I would assume you would prefer those rather than switching the producers later on when the production of those warships would increase ?" He asked turning his chair around to face the Admiral, while his other hand was ready to hit a few commands to ping the producers and confirm the order that the Iron Lady desired. "Both are state-owned."

Fiolette Fortan

F
"Good, send the details to my daughter, Cadet Lucinyia Yvarro." Fio said of the contracts, and then her eyes viewed the two ships he had sent to her. "Forward these to Deputy Director [member="Sentiri"], I'd her approval and input on them - also, ask her if she'd like to do lunch." Meeting with the Deputy Director could prove fruitful for both the spooks and the navy kids. "Mr. Falkrowe," she says while handing another data tablet. "Are there any dignitaries we should be aware from Rakata Beta?"

From here she was silent as she furiously worked to finalize a deal. Primo Victorian had purchased Cloud City Imperial Shipworks (formerly Fleetyards). They would be known now as Cloud City Victorian Shipworks, Javin Shipyards an independently own shipyard had caved to Primo Victorian's offer as well becoming Tokima Victorian Shipworks. Having produced and/or designed several ships on behalf of the First Order prior to Castameer was now providing the credits necessary to do conduct these buyouts. With Admiral Fiolette Yvarro now heading Primo Victorian, offers were starting to come in.

Coveway Imperial Shipworks a former Cloud City site had also folded, as they now revealed their new name, Coveway Victorian Shipworks. "Thank you, Mr. Falkrowe. I appreciate your competence, now, between you and I. My interest in Rakata Beta is simple - bring the First Order to govern it and mold it into our own factory world." She took a moment and looked over the Warspite's design, "2,400 meters, we could push the Warspite to 2,400 meters she would not be noted for speed or maneuverability but for her defensive capabilities and her armament."

@Jude Falkrowe

Order, after order, after order. And [member="Sentiri"] bothering him like a high school crush at the wrong time on his wrist datapad. Jude had a hard time deciding who was worse - the blue spawn of hell or lady ironpants over there ? Such a tough, tough comparison and the more he dwindled it the more orders he'd miss and he really did not want or need Admiral [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] to smack him with a roll of newspaper like a misbehaving child. This was already too ridiculous.

"Yes, m'am." He curtly nodded as the details of the contracts were quickly attached and sent over to the Admiral's daughter. Afterwards, came the command to forward the blueprints of the two ships to the blue spawn, which he did, along with an invitation to lunch to which he added a post scriptum:

P.S: She's inviting you to lunch, not me, before you start flattering yourself.

"None, really, m'am. It's a primitive and wild land but with huge population. There seems to be data of a conqueror recently but it seems his time has long gone now." He paraphrased the information that popped on the screen of the dex and then curiously listened to when she admitted her true intentions of the planet to which he simply nodded. "Sounds like the perfect factory world. Strategically, when you look at it from territory wise, it does make sense. It is perhaps the local populations that we need to tread carefully, I assume."

Fiolette Fortan

F
Admiral Yvarro looked at Mr. Falkrowe and listened to him intently, she thought on his words regarding Rakata Beta's populace, "well there are two ways we can handle this, propaganda or pacification." She tapped her fingers on her chin, "I believe Deputy Director [member="Sentiri"] can benefit on Rakata Beta, along with the First Order Navy." She shifted in her bed and looked at her call button for the nurse. Tapping it she waited and then spoke with Mr. Falkrowe again, "If there is a small enough patch of dirt available there, we can make use of it and begin a foothold campaign."

But that was neither here nor there.

"Now you haven't answered my other question, twenty-two forty meters or could we push this girl to twenty-four solid?" She asks him in regards to the Warspite, "and have I mentioned how much I appreciate your competence, good help is so hard to come by these days."

[member="Jude Falkrowe"]

There was plenty of small dirt patches available on Rakata Beta, Jude realized as he skimmed through the reports of the odd planet that was certainly not far from the First Order's capital - Dosuun. Just like previously, the Admiral changed topics as quickly as possible, reaching conclusions and her own with a tone and wording that ended all sorts of discussions. The agent was not stupid enough to open up those topics again nor was he as curious to know more. He focused on the task at hand, the primary one that is - the construction of the Warspite.

"Depends on your funds, m'am. A hundred and sixty meters may not seem much but they certainly are." He said. Especially when it came to producing large ships such as the Warspite in greater quantities. "But I am sure and I believe that would not be an issue then a twenty four would be of our advantage. In simpler terms, more length - more weapons, utilities or whatever you decide to have. It can never be a disadvantage other than costs." Jude had turned around with his chair to face the Iron Lady and awaited her decision. Orders had to be modified and sent out to contractors.

[member="Fiolette Yvarro"]​

Sentiri actually cracked a small smirk as soon as she read the response from [member="Jude Falkrowe"]. She'd have to remember this kind of punishment for Agents needing a quiet slap on the wrist in the future. Her talk with the Special Agent later would be incredibly... enlightening. For the moment, however, there was work to be done. The Deputy Director was not about to let her fun get the better of her time management. Work was always waiting. But for the Chiss, that persistence was a comfort. Work meant purpose. The completion of work meant progress. Progress meant advancement and advancement was the one thing she craved.

She keyed her comm once more, this time opting for audio/visual than simply text. Once more scrolling through her list of contacts, she found the name of Admiral [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] and initiated contact.

"Greetings, Admiral," the Deputy Director stated quite matter-of-factly once the Admiral accepted the call. Sentiri's face and her black-uniformed shoulders were visible on the screen. "I do hope that your recovery is proceeding without complication. My Agent informs me you have plans you wish to discuss. I trust that his behavior has been amenable." Her last statement was meant more for Falkrowe to hear than for Yvarro's response. Yet, it did give Sentiri a last bit of pleasure to speak of the situation.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Admiral Yvarro looks at [member="Jude Falkrowe"] for a moment and then at the holomodel and then again at Jude.

"For now we can leave her at her current length," Fiolette says to him calmly, the door to her room opens and nurses arrive to adjust the bedding and prevent the Admiral from gaining a bed sores. While doing so she continued to work. "We can have her refitted later for the additional length but for now, 2,280 meters will suffice."

Funding wasn't too big of an issue as much as gathering the resources to develop and produce the Warspite. "Now as this is a battleship I expect her to be slow on her speed and turning abilities, however; she will more than make up for that with her hypervelocity guns." She gestures to the holomodel of the ship, "smaller guns will enable to her maintain firing. She was about to go into more detail when she recieved a contact from Deputy Director @Sentiri.

"It proceeds at the pace of a Bantha in the snow, now, your agent has been quite helpful," Fiolette says, "I appreciate his competence, it is so hard to find good help these days, so I thank you for your lending him out."

"I do," she says to the Deputy Director, "Rakata Beta. I believe it is a place where both the Navy and Intelligence can work together to achieve great things for the First Order."

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi Fortan was not a big fan of Prosperia; she was in her element in Avalonia, which was natural because she had designed it and overseen its construction. It was exactly what she wanted, how she wanted it. Prosperia, on the other hand, was more lumpy and carefree, which was fine for some but for Natasi it was discomfiting. She click-click-clicked her way down the polished corridor of the Cosmic Balance Center of Healing and silently cursed her aunt for getting herself into this mess. She was on the cleared visitors list, so she went unchallenged as she let herself into Fiolette's room, but was surprised to see that she had another visitor, one which Natasi did not recognize; in retrospect the clandestine nature of the other visitor would make that fact make sense.

"Good morning, Admiral," said Natasi, pushing the door open timely enough to hear a discussion of Rakata Beta, a world on the far side of Dosuun. "What's this?" she asked coolly after she had shut the door.

Jude nodded to the authoritative Admiral and began typing down on the holodex before him like a copywriter. She dictated the various information that was necessary to be typed down and then brought to the designers and engineers. He was surprisingly glad at the appearance of his Director as it took Lady Iron Pants' attention away from him.

He opened another tab with the Rakata Beta's file and began reading thoroughly through the information there looking for any detail that might escape him.

Fiolette Fortan

F
Fiolette was just in the middle of a conversation with Director Sentiri when she heard the door open and turned to look, "Natasi - my dear," she says cheerfully and looks at Agent Jude Falkrowe, "I was just thanking um," she put a hand to her lip, "the good Director here." The woman's name slipped her mind, goodness. "For sending this young man to my aide, he's been most dutiful haven't you um, Mr. Falkrowe?" She took a moment and looked at her niece and smiled again, she only saw Reima and honestly it was all she wanted to see. Her brother could rot in the abyss for all she cared, still she looked between her niece and the agent and then the director. "We should do lunch, Director. I'll have Mr. Falkrowe arrange it then."

"It was nothing important really, but I did, I did want to ask you about this little world here," she gestures to Mr. Falkrowe's screen, "Rakata Beta, I believe it could prove fruitful for both the Navy and Intelligence." And then Fio seemed a bit lost, as if she had lost something and to be honest she wasn't sure what, "what was I saying dear?"

[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Jude Falkrowe"]

skin, bone, and arrogance
Natasi's brows furrowed a little. Leave it to [member="Fiolette Yvarro"] to set in motion plans to annex a neighboring world without so much as a consultation with the Ministry of Foreign and Colonial Affairs. Was there something nefarious at play here, or had it simply slipped the Admiral's mind? Natasi stopped. In her internal monologue it had been a throwaway thought, but was it her imagination, or had this been happening more and more, recently? She studied her aunt for a few long moments before shaking her head clear of it and turning her attention to Rakata Beta, but after a moment's consideration she said, "I'm sorry, but I don't have time to make this determination. I would urge you to submit your request through proper channels -- through the Ministry of Foreign and Colonial Affairs. Really, I came her to discuss the Warspite project."

The Ministry of Defense was on at her about it something fierce. Isobel Churchill had asked if she could lean her considerable influence on the project, but Isobel was not the biggest fan of Yvarro and she suspected the feeling was mutual, so it was perhaps not the best time. "We need to get things moving on this. What can I do to facilitate the completion of the project?"

Fiolette Fortan

F
The Admiral looked at her niece with a hurt look, "bah - you think I would just march on this world without so much as all the proper paperwork filled out?" She gives her a longer look this time, "I was merely exploring the idea of it and Mr. Falkrowe has been so kind as to bring up information about the planet." Sitting herself up in her bed she was about to say something else when Natasi mentioned the Warspite project. Fiolette stopped what she was doing and just gave Natasi a different look now, it was one where was trying to see what exactly it was that her niece was up to.

"You can tell Isobel Churchill that the project is coming along splendidly, this young man has been quite resourceful though I might ask of you, Alusteel, and Quadranium." A pause, "the Warspite is a big girl and we can manage to put three together I believe, but I'd like to confirm with you that we'd have the resources for her, and here." Fiolette shows her niece the holographic projection of the ship, "here she is at 2,280 meters."

[member="Natasi Fortan"] | [member="Jude Falkrowe"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom