Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction First Meeting | Eternal Empire & Smugglers & Pirates

Death before dishonour!
RvjczWh.png

HesE0PE.png

arWRVPQ.png

While one half of the Empire chased the ghosts in the “person” of the Eternal Truth, outside the borders of the Eternal Empire, the Smugglers Alliance weaved its plans on Batuu. The Queen has recently acquired and found quite a few new employees and allies, and the Alliance has begun to be full of life and bustle. The members of the alliance were increasingly appearing in the territory of the Eternal Empire and enjoying tacit agreement with the Empire.

Now, however, as many strangers in one place aren’t too advantageous after all, so now this company has been invited to the first meeting where they have the opportunity to get to know each other, make alliances, or just find rivals for each other. Also, it was time to determine what their goals were with the alliance, who wanted to achieve what, what their goals were, where the alliance was going to go.

As the Alliance was still fairly new, these were very important for later successful cooperation. So the group was now busy with what they wanted to do. The whole small base or town around the center was more at their disposal, the ships had a spaceport, dozens of cantinas were waiting for the guests and of course there was also the HQ where the Queen Smuggler lived.

The place and opportunities were given, the only question was what the Alliance would do with all this.

OOC: Primarily members of the Smugglers Alliance and Black Sun, but really anyone (even outside the faction) who has such ambitions can join.

Header:
iG1uDFf.png

dRUm20K.png

Tags: Open

The atmosphere in Oga's Cantina was electric. It was the kind of night that Lorne Kantera loved: a drink till you can't see straight, dance real close with sexy strangers, punch the guy who spilled your beer kind of night. Seven drinks deep, he was getting to the point when even the considerable tolerance he'd built up was being overwhelmed. There was a good chance he'd piss away every last credit he'd earned on his most recent smuggling run, and he didn't give a feth. He was having way too much fun to worry about tomorrow.

Lorne sat at one of the back tables, drinking in the smoky atmosphere. Given how sloshed he was, it was getting difficult to manage everything in front of him - the drink in his left hand, the fan of cards in his right, and the comely Twi'lek he'd pulled into his lap. Feth if he wasn't giving it his best shot, though. The Devaronian across the table rolled his eyes as the Twi'lek glanced and his hand and giggled. With a grin and a wink, Lorne tried to put a finger to his lips, managing to spill half of his Bespin Fizz down the side of his chair in the process.

"Sabacc!" he shouted over the pounding music, slamming his cards down on the table. The other three players groaned and, one by one, got up to leave, muttering epithets under their breath. "Awww, c'mon, fellas, the game was just getting good!" Lorne shrugged as they left, leaning forward to rake in the gleaming stack of Batuuan spiras - local hard currency, favored by smugglers because it was far harder to trace than credit transfers. He ran one of the hefty golden coins down the Twi'lek's arm, then closed her hand over it with a wink.

"Go buy yourself something fun, nechaska, and call me later," he said, using the Huttese for little princess. He didn't know her name.

She giggled again and kissed him on the cheek, then vanished into the crowd. Swinging his feet up onto the now-vacant table, Lorne let out a long sigh of contentment. This is the life, he thought, shutting his eyes until the cantina's ceiling stopped swimming. Swindle hard, party harder. With the Smugglers' Alliance taking shape out here at the edge of the Eternal Empire, business promised to be good for a long, long time. Many Lorne would even meet some of the other captains and n'er-do-wells who'd signed up for their little venture tonight.

Maybe he'd meet a business partner, someone he could make a smuggling run with... or plan a heist, or some other trouble. Or maybe he'd meet someone who could actually be an interesting sabaac opponent. Or maybe just someone cute to flirt with. Whatever came his way, Lorne was ready to make something fun and interesting of it, because what did being alive matter if you couldn't do that? He glanced sadly at his nearly-empty glass of Bespin Fizz. He'd have to order a refill... as soon as he could remember how to walk straight.

Last edited:

Vexari Kahl

V

Vexari paid attention to Lorne's masterful skill at Sabacc. She'd taken note of him after his assistance during the Alliance's recent engagement against the pirate fleet, and had been eager to get a proper chance to meet him personally. She arose from her seat in her private booth at the cantina, arms wrapped around her ever faithful pair of scantily clad lethan twi'lek handmaidens, whom doubled as both eyecatching company, and secret bodyguards on the off-chance her life was threatened.

"Ahh! Mister Kantera. I've been hoping to bump into you after that recent spot of bother with that pirate fleet. You handled yourself well out there. I trust your enjoying your time here on Batuu?", the Pureblood said with a warm, welcoming smile, slipping a hand away from one of her lethans to offer a handshake to him.

Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera

Kessia Miran
Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
iG1uDFf.png
Equipment: Gildenwave clothes | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | 2x Westar 34 blaster pistol | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera | Vexari Kahl
dRUm20K.png

This was an unusual task now. Recently, an organization, the Smugglers Alliance, has moved into the neighbourhood of the Eternal Empire. And @Ingrid L’lerim was curious about them, so that’s why the Overlord sent Kessia here. Chameleon had to assess the possibilities of who this organization was, whether a long-term contract could be made with them, whether they were in contact with the rebels, and such questions arose.

For the first time in a long time, she was able to go on a mission without having to disguise herself, but in her own form. What she was happy about was that she loved this look and loved being in it. Finally a normal mission. As she arrived on the planet with a YT-class ship, she also landed in the right place after settling the permits. Here, after a brief questioning, she already knew where to go, as Smuggler’s Queen was in Oga’s Cantina at the moment, so the sithspawn was heading in that direction as well.

After a few minutes she even arrived at the place, there was a pretty good atmosphere inside based on what she had seen and heard. She looked through those who were here with her incredibly blue eyes. Since she knew the queen was a pureblood sith, it wasn’t too hard to find here in cantina who she was. She was talking to a young man at the moment. She watched them a little to see if it was a private meeting, a date or something else. Meanwhile, she also ordered herself a Corellian beer.

Because for now, it seemed like just a friendly conversation between the Queen and the man. So she didn't bother and went to them.

”Greetings! Kessia Miran, at your service, we have not had the good fortune to meet yet. I'm glad you brought this alliance together. There has been a great lack of such an initiative. Don't you mind if I join?”

wUV8259.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Tags: Vexari Kahl | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

Given how thoroughly sloshed he was, it took Lorne a minute to recognize that someone was talking to him. He opened his eyes from the little doze he'd drifted into since the sabacc game, then snapped to attention when he realized who it was, nearly knocking the table over in his scramble to get his feet off it. "Enjoying it very much, your... uh... ladyship?" How did one address a smuggler queen, exactly? Oh well. If she was talking to him, it meant his little stunt out in deep space had worked; he'd drawn the attention of the most powerful person on Batuu.

"And thank you," he said, accepting her praise. "Nasty bunch of sleemos, but I don't think they'll be back after the thrashing we gave 'em." Lorne raised his nearly-empty cup in a gesture of salute. "So here's to the Smuggler Queen, and to the Alliance, making the spaceways safe for 'honest' traders like all of us." He gestured around at the motley crew of spacer scum crowding the bar and laughed, then drained the rest of his drink in one swallow. As he did, his mind raced. This was his moment to get in good with the great Vexari Kahl.

"Given all that, your... um... majesty, I hope that we can work together again in the near future. They say you have a handle on all the best contracts in the sector. And I," he grinned widely, showing off pearly-white teeth in his winning smile, "happen to be the best captain in the sector, so it seems like those two things should go together." Too cocky? Maybe, but that was part of his charm. He knew he was good, and he wasn't afraid to flaunt it. "What I mean is, it'd be my pleasure to take those risky, high-paid jobs as they come up."

At that moment, someone else drifted over to the table, a Corellian ale in hand. Lorne looked her up and down, his eyes appraising. She was a little older than he, shorter but well-built. She certainly looked the part of a spacer. Lorne raised an eyebrow; he really hoped she wasn't interrupting his meeting with Vexari so that she could try to compete with him for contracts. Her bright, bubbly address and praise for the Alliance made it feel like she wanted something, but maybe that was just Lorne being cynical. He distrusted overly friendly people.

"Lorne Kantera," he replied, sweeping out his hand to indicate a chair beside him. "We were just talking shop."

Tags: Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera | Vexari Kahl | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

Gray had heard rumors of this supposed Smuggler's Alliance. What iteration of the concept would this be? 4 or 5, maybe? But from what Gray had heard, this one had some form of connection to the Eternal Empire. An unusual combo, if nothing else. And it intrigued Gray. Which is why he had sought out the planet Batuu when he heard that some of the members would be there.

The same day he'd arrived, Gray had found himself at one of the, many, cantinas on the planet. Nice place, good drink, weird people to talk to. All in all, a good place. "This is some of the best beverage I've tasted," Gray said to a Duros sitting next to him by the bar. "But what name is Batuu, really? Sound like something you'd call your pet gizka." All of this talk was, of course, a charade, while Gray tried to spot individuals that could be part of the Alliance. Who in their right mind would keep a gizka as a pet, and much less call it Batuu? But the Duros just nodded and made incoherent noises, showing that he clearly was drunk out of his mind.

Shortly after, Gray heard something interesting. Someone claiming to be the best captian in the sector. Gray turned his head to the side and backwards, and tucked it in his arm, to fake a sneeze. While in reality, he was looking at who was claiming to be this best captain. A man, sitting by the sabaac table, who was talking to two women. Either he was just bragging to impress them, or they could be members of the Alliance. Either way, it would be a good start.

"Mind if I sit down for a game, best captain in the sector?" Gray asked, after making his way over to them. Without waiting for an answer, he sat down at the opposite side of the table from the man. First now, Gray got a good look at the women, and one of them surprised him greatly. Red skin, tendrils, and evil eyes. This was a pureblooded Sith. Gray thought they'd been eradicated milleina ago. Swallowing the surprise, Gray gave a court nod towards them. "Ladies." Then, he turned his attention back to the man. "I didn't interrupt something, did I?"

Vexari Kahl

V

"Oh my! So many new faces all of a sudden!", Vexari said with a smirk. "I love seeing new people around here enjoying the place. And when it comes to jobs, Mister Kantera, I have plenty of them. And I pay well for good work.", she said, sitting down at Lorne's table alongside her pair of lethan handmaidens.

"It just so happens I might have a cargo shipment I need picking up and delivering here. As you probably saw during that battle with the Pirate fleet, I've got a sizeable legion or two of former Imperial troops gone mercenary in my employ, and occasionally they need certain supplies brought in to keep them stocked up on their preferred essentials. I've recently acquired a shipment of ten crates of E-11 Blaster Rifles with ammunition that I need picking up from a foundry on Kuat. You'll need to bluff or sneak your way past Galactic Alliance customs, which shouldn't be too difficult if you know what your doing. But if you can get those crates back here to Batuu, I'll see to it you get a generous amount of pay. Twenty thousand for the trouble if you return with ALL the cargo. Seem fair for the job, Mister Kantera? I can give you the necessary details if your interested. Pay is negotiable, to a certain extent."

She then turned to Kessia and Gray. "Ahh! And yes, do join us! I love getting to know new people. It's a pleasure to meet you, miss Miran, and who might you be, stranger?"

Gray Venasir Gray Venasir
Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera
Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

Tags: Vexari Kahl | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran | Gray Venasir Gray Venasir

This was it - the moment Lorne had been waiting for. Out there in deep space, with the Wayward Wyrm almost exploding around him, he'd pushed himself to the limit to help bring down the pirate fleet. A big part of that had been to get him right here, talking to the Smuggler Queen, in line for a job that would keep him in good booze and good fun for the next... well, however long he could make it last. He had expensive tastes and a bad tendency to impulse buy, so he blew through even big rewards pretty quickly. Earning the next one was half the fun anyway.

He hadn't expected the job to take him to Galactic Alliance territory, but hey, he supposed it made sense. The Core Worlds were still the galaxy's biggest seats of mass production; if Kahl's ex-Imperial goons needed blasters, that would be the quickest and most affordable place to get them. Smuggling in their territory was certainly lower-risk than somewhere with real draconian laws like the Sith Empire, but getting sloppy could still mean a looooong prison term, so he'd need to be careful. Running guns was always a dangerous business.

Before he could answer, though, another man slid in to join them. Lorne raised an eyebrow at him, taking him in. The guy was about his own age, and clearly working from the same cocky playbook - he had the look and mannerisms of a smuggler. Lorne wondered if the newcomer was trying to muscle in on the job he'd just been offered, or if the timing was coincidence. He was about to tell the guy that yes, he was interrupting something, but the Smuggler Queen cut in, welcoming both of the new arrivals. Lorne didn't want to contradict her, so he smiled.

"Just talking a little business," he replied casually, raising his mostly-empty drink in a little salute. "I might still have a game or two in me after we're done." He watched the man's reaction, wondering if this was going to escalate into a confrontation. He was pretty fething drunk, so it wasn't the best time to go head to head with anyone... but when did he ever make good choices? If it came to blows, it wouldn't be the first time he'd gotten into a drunken cantina brawl. "Sounds like fun," he told the Smuggler Queen. "I'll take the job."

Lorne stayed slouched in his seat, wondering how this would play out... and curious to learn more about the newcomers.

Kessia Miran
Chameleon, Knight Warden of the Wardens of the Shroud, Agent of Blackwatch, sithspawn, L’lerim’s right hand
iG1uDFf.png
Equipment: Gildenwave clothes | Viper Mk. I Skinsuit undersuit | 2x Westar 34 blaster pistol | G1 OmniLink
Tag: Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera | Vexari Kahl | Gray Venasir Gray Venasir | Open
dRUm20K.png

So they were just talking about a business, it was ideal even for her, because that's exactly why she came. Lorne Kantera; she remarked to herself that the name would not hurt to know later, to look after who the man was and what she could know about him. However, she had not sat down yet because it was still really up to the queen to see if she could join. After all, the Sith woman was the boss in this place.

Meanwhile, another young man arrived, though he hadn't come up to them yet just sat down to play, but she heard the phrase from him, "best captain in the sector." In a place like this, Kesia had a feeling she would hear it a good few more times and it could be a basic conflict of a few pub fights. She didn't even want to lie about this. The sithspawn could drive fighters and cargo ships, that was plenty for her. She was a ground warrior, able to drive as much as possible to steer the birds as needed. That was enough. returned the nod in the direction of Gray Venasir Gray Venasir .

She then turned back to the pair in front of her. The Eternal Empire held nothing after defeating the Pirate Fleet Ingrid L'lerim Ingrid L'lerim handed everything over to the Smugglers Alliance and Black Sun. But the other parts were also interesting, though Kessia wasn't very much in such circles. She had only once been a pirate for one of her jobs before, but that didn’t last too long either.

”I heard about the Pirate Fleet, it was a nice loot that you got from there. I? For the time being, I am assessing job opportunities and conditions here. Although I have to admit, I really like what I’ve seen so far.”

She hadn’t brought up the actual things yet, which is why she came here, there were too many people here, so the other option remained.

”Can you tell us where the Smugglers Alliance is heading? Would this be a long-term collaboration, or after a few joint jobs, would everyone go towards their own affairs and dreams?”

lqTDRqo.png

QLHl5lI.gif

Last edited:
Business, eh? Sounded like a promising start. Cantinas were known to be good places to discuss shady businesses, so there was nothing strange about that heppening here. Gray would know, he had done it more times than he'd like to think about. But there was something about this unusual ensamble of people that made it seem like more than just 'casual' business. It was mostly the Pureblood that gave it that impression.

"Great, I'm itching to play a few rounds," replied Gray to the man called Kantera. "And so is my wallet." If there was one way to get the attention of this kind of people, including Gray himself, it was with money. "But by all means, continue with your business. Matter of fact, I think I'd like to hear about this job of yours as well, my red skinned beauty." Gray's attention was now turned towards the Pureblood. "Ah, but where are my manners. I'm known as Gray. I'll tell you my family name in exchange for yours."

Gray listened as the other female talked and asked questions of her own. Something about a pirate fleet and loot? Gray had heard nothing of this, and it would probably not be smart to act like he did and bluff his way through. "A pirate fleet you say, miss... Miran, was it? Shame I wasn't there. It's been some time since I quarelled with pirates, and I so miss it. And what is this about a Smuggler's Alliance?"

Gray tried to act the role of a smooth-talking, sleezy smuggler, who was clueless to the whole Smuggler's Alliance. But in his head, he was congratulating himself on choosing the right people to interact with. He hadn't expected to find them on the first try. Now, it was time to try and get information about them. And then decide wether it was in his interest to join them, or if he could get better jobs elsewhere.

Vexari Kahl | Lorne Kantera Lorne Kantera | Kessia Miran Kessia Miran

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom