Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First a Moment. Then Ten More. [Elara]

First a Moment. Then Ten More. [Elara]
Aboard the Ambiguous Statement
Early Evening.
[member="Elara Amadis"]

Aboard their old rickety bucket. Also known as home, or the away from cabin home. Old Zacka was at the front of the ship, trenchcoat, hat and long musty cigarra, moaning about his sore knee but keeping things flying, with just the occasional shake of metal. The ship wanting to remind them it was older than the 71 year old felt flying it. Always another patch on the hull, but it was homely, a flying collection of parts on parts on parts, but theirs and familiar. More than one rug, or carpet lay over a wall, or bulkhead to make it more pleasing to walk or sit up on. There was so much history here and generations of life lived.

Patches was with Zacka, quiet as a mouse as usual. The big guy never said much, but he was a feature around here these days, he’d put on some weight since living well, making him only bigger than before but less muscled. Kei couldn’t remember the last time he’d seen him speak. In fact, he couldn’t remember patches ever saying a word. Bald, not a hair on his face, just this big caring gentle giant stare.

Kei had just finished up at the front, turning over the shift of piloting and was feeling sleepy eyed. He’d not told Elara much about where they were headed, only that her sister was coming. That he wanted to spend some time with Elara as well. Which given how often he’d been away on the rim, had left the couple with little time to actually be together. Elara’s sister was safely sedated and tucked away in one of passenger cabins, things hadn’t been easy for her but the Jedi had done what they could to keep her comfortable, and Kei had Taiden keep close watch over her when he wasn't able.

Now it was time he did more. He did not want to get Elara’s hopes up. He may have come across the perfect cure for her sister. He didn’t know, he no real idea, he was just trying. Trying to make up for lost time. Lost homes. Lost Voss. Lost Jedi. Force sake he was tense. Carrying it in the neck, shoulders, forehead. He couldn't save the galaxy, but he could do this.

Exhaling as he walked into the communal room. Once couch, one table, one chair, and a few refreshments were laid out ahead of him, Kei sank down onto the couch. Putting his hands to his eyes to give them some rest. Their trip wasn't what was bugging him, this would be one of their adventures, one to remember. Everything else was weighing on him. So much had happened while he'd been away. The galaxy was a different place again.

Then he saw her, and you know what happened, the tension melted away into a firm grizzled grin.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Did you ever listen to the gentle rain as it fell upon the roof it was relaxing and had this way of carrying you far away. Then there were the storms that crashed against the same roof carrying destruction and mayhem in its path.

That was often how she felt when he was near the soft gentle rains carried her away she was secure in his arms and nothing else mattered. Then there were the times he was away and she could not go the storm raged in her heart and mind as her concern for his safety grew. She wasn't there to protect his back but he was a warrior in his own right she had to trust in that.

So now as they moved through the cold of space once again the soft gentle rain fell and she was at peace looking at him she sensed nothing but the pleasure of his company, and basked in the sound of his voice.

She sighed he had a plan regarding her sister. The sister that seemed forever bound to that thing on the station to that evil abomination that had taken her will and would of had her life if she and Kei had not rescued them all.

But that was the past.

She knew from the way his shoulders moved, the way his eyes held that intensity as he looked at her, something weighed on his mind. She moved over to be near him their gaze still locked upon one another, "Tell me Kei unburden what is on your mind"

She would have lose him to doubt and worry over things they could not control.

[member="Elara Amadis"]

An Epicanthix’s first instinct was to stand up, grip Elara in his arms and kiss her. But he settled for standing up as she entered, walking over, putting his hands on her arms, looking at her. Looking at her. And yes kissing her… then he kissed again stronger, then he picked her up in a strong bear hug and walked her over a pace to his side and put her down. Looking at her all the while.

Physically she was as strong as him, stronger more than likely. That’s how he greeted his love. He didn’t stand on pretense. Nor did she though. So after that emotion was expressed, his happiness at seeing her set in. He rested his forehead against hers for a while and spoke to her. As close as he could physically be.

His voice was firm but quieter as he spoke to his life mate. It was for her, not matches or Zacka or her sister to hear. “Our future.” He held on her hand and sat down again, if she accepted pulling her into his lap, or instead speaking to her wherever she stood or sat. “Been away again. A long time.” He looked at her, he’d called, he’d visited when he could but it wasn’t a normal life, always away on a mission or errand. Kei wasn’t getting any younger. Time was moving fast. Forty Two years old now. Every year seemed to go faster.

“I want a family Elara.” He said to her. “I want your sister. I want you. I want Zacka, Patches and I want a child.” Looking at her intensely, every detail on her face that he knew so well. He didn’t know if they could have a child, their species being different. He’d been away, and not been here for her, if she even felt the same. This was out of the blue. Like him again.

Calm he was her calm. He provided what she needed for balance.

The strength in his arms as she moved with him willingly too long apart she would accept anything he was willing and able to give. She felt the muscles of his arms tense and release as he closed them around her. The hum of the engines low and steady like a soft melody from an old memory.

What concerned him though did not shock her but it did please her very much. their future what woman wouldn't revel knowing he was concerned about their tomorrow. Her forehead gently touched his masses of red and gold fell forward hiding their faces. With little effort she slid into his lap, as close as they could possible get and still have something tangible between them.

Golden fingers caressed his cheek as the other rested upon his chest. She felt every heartbeat, counted every breath as they sat quietly together. They had more than she had ever held out hope for, a ship, family adopted and natural but most importantly they had each other.

How to answer him required only a few moments of thought.

"I miss when you are gone. It is so quiet even with them" She looked back around them to their adopted family, "it is not the same as being with you." He knew what pleased her and what made her growl in frustration.

He had come to the rescue on Nar Shadaa showing what his spirit was made of she may not have loved him in those moments but she had wanted him. Loving him came easier after time together in places where they could finally rest without a fight.

She smiled at him to ease concern, "WE have all those things except for one. Zacka and Patches will be with us always they are part of us." She sighed softly as she turned her hand over to touch his cheek with the back of her fingers, "My sister it is hard to say we will do what we can for her, that which is within our abilities."

She lightly rubbed her nose against his, "Me...I'm yours, you are mine. I go nowhere. You have me forever and always." Now for this other desire he had.

Elara moved sliding her legs to where she could turn putting her knees on either side of him pinning him to where she wanted him, bringing her hands to rest on his shoulders. "A child now..we do not have. But we could do all that we could to ensure the creation of one." She winked at him giving him a devilish grin, "IF we are able to create one, then we would do everything we can to bring it into this world. But first" she kissed his cheek, inching closer as she pressed another kiss to his jaw rubbing her nose against his skin as she touched the lobe of his ear with her teeth. She turned her head slightly, "stay home long enough to make one my love"

She rubbed her cheek against his..."Or take me with you"

With great reluctance she pulled back to look at him, "We can have all things my love so let it not weigh on your mind." She sat there smiling at him hoping to see a flash of his former self in his eyes.

She growled low in her throat at the memory of him being hurt.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

“Together then.” A flash of his former self. A grin that could eat the world faced her. Air filled his full chest, emotion, love, passion, desire, deep love, want. Two flames, burning each other. Both arms went around her, holding her strongly. Together. Stronger together you could sense it, feel it.

“You all come.” If he left, she came with him, their family came with them.

Sat there with her. Just her. Once a very long time ago there had been other women he might have felt something for. But the thought of anyone else here now, just made him laugh. Elara was full, so strong, so powerful, in life, fire and love. She switched him on the second she walked in the room or he heard that voice. He didn’t want another day of life without her in it some how.

All that was there when he kissed her, there was nothing but her. Which he did again, deeply holding her lips to his, and leaning her backward in his arms. Then he loosened the hold too again with reluctance. His injury still pained him, but he had learned to adjust his walk to match it.

Another deep inhale filled him. “I know of a place to help your sister.”

Steps of the two men coming in. “It was patches plan.” Zacka said, hat in hand. Patches just sort of nodded, and shrugged. The ship probably on autopilot for a second or two. Hopefully. Zacka wasn’t taking any chances, as the old ship started rattling without him at the helm, and the older man darted back in the cockpit. Instead the bigger balder man of the two walked up to Elara, knelt down and held out palm sized metal cube. It had a big P on it. He nodded and walked away when someone had picked it up

Kei rubbed the back of his neck. “Yeah. Not sure on that.” He cleared his throat, and let Elara study the cube if she wanted to. It had a green P, and lines around each surface, maybe a puzzle or container. “New therapy I heard of. Not hard to find. Breaks a few laws.” He shrugged, and let that sink in. “Our contact seems genuine.”

This was the harder part. “He’s in prison. For doing it and not paying the right people.” This was corporate prison. So there was always a price tag and risk attached.

[member="Elara Amadis"]

[member="Kei Amadis"]
She grinned and winked at him, together yes this she liked a great deal. Well then back on track they were. Just like that no lamenting over it not waiting to make a decision it was done.

"My sister. really" this she had to admit caught her off guard. She had resigned herself to the idea that she would remain the same till the end of her life. She would also have to admit that she thought about ending her life it would be a mercy. If there was hope, "What is it?"

Patches the lumbering giant of a man who said little but you just knew he had great heart from his deeds knelt before her and held out the green cube. Elara was hesitant looking it over from side to side before reaching out to take it from him.

14153071.png
"Breaks laws." She shrugged "I've broken laws before for less." She turned it over trying to look at the lines and praying all the while that it didn't do something unexpected. She looked at Patches, then to Zacka they both seemed pleased and apprehensive.

"So..." She looked at Kei. "Prison..." she laughed. At one time she thought she would be in a prison.

Gold flecked eyes watched Kei, "Are you trying to say in a round about way that we need to do a jail break?" She wasn't quite she she understood and wanted to make positive because her mate didn't hit her as the type to do a jail break. Now she, Zacka and Patches. yep..but not Kei.

“Didn’t we meet on a jailbreak.” Kei grinned to her, and moved a hand against her cheek. He wasn’t as reckless anymore, but he would have done another for her, and her family. Even now. “Not that kind of jail.” Kei tapped the box she held in her hand with his free hand. “Corporations hold people there till they pay their fee.” Held for practicing medicine, Kei had no moral objection about picking the doctor up.

Plenty of food water. Time. “We can get in. Getting out is hard.” Wasn’t it always, his grin tightened about past episodes of rescue. “Ships, guns, nothing works down there. We go in, we may be stuck there.” Amadis said plainly.

He wasn’t stupid enough to ask her to stay here while he took her sister. Didn’t want her too anyway, he wanted her right there with him. Moving his hand over hers to the box, Kei tapped the cube a few times. One Two. One Two. Tap. Idly as he thought about how they were going to do this. Then it hummed to life. He released his hand and it died down again. One Two. One Two. One Two TAP and he held his hand there, the box stayed lit.

A small map appeared over the top of the box she held, an island. Then another island on each side of the box where the prisoners were kept. Most islands were tropical, large enough with vegetation and no visible structures. He moved Elara around on his lap so they could both better see it, supporting her with a full arm and laying back on the couch. “Ideas?” About the box or the planet he had described. She knew Kei wasn’t known for his complex plans. More a kick down the door, get in and get out.

Either way. The ship was soaring towards their destination at high, rickety speed. If the soft rumble of the ship complaining a bit more than usual was anything to go by, Zacka was pushing the old bucket harder and they were well on the way. “I’m glad you can hunt.” He grinned wide at the thought of being stuck on an island with her, remembering the time at the cabin, and stayed there holding her long into the evening and beyond. He snatched one of the blankets from behind him, and if she wanted it, he covered them both.

Next morning, Amadis woke from sleeping on the couch.

PWIT3TT.jpg

They had arrived at Proxima 9. Zanstech Corporate Prison Planet and were being asked for their purpose there. In orbit a station and small fleet sat waiting for docking. Kei jerked his head up with an idea, and moved towards where patches was flying, waking Zacka who had dozed off. “Tell them you are bringing in a prisoner.” He held his hands out to Elara if she was awake “Do I wear the cuffs or you?” He laughed, he was the one with the bounties, time to cash them in for some good.

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

She had to laugh "yes we did" she reached over to touch his arm he had gotten hurt then too. "Not that kind huh, jail is jail Kei. No freedom, no life, jail." It would be for anyone for no matter how much someone tried to make prison sound good it was still prison. She knew he understood that.
Considering everything her clan had just gone through they knew first hand exactly what prison meant. There were all kinds of prisons. Yes she did not want to remember it but she knew she would never forget it.

Elara shook her head, red and gold tresses framed her face.
She focused on what he was saying then shrugged her shoulders, "Nothing works, nothing that uses energy cells. You and I don't use energy cells." So far it sounded a bit like Nar Shaddaa but not as many weapons. She trusted in weapons but she also knew to trust in herself, Kei and well let's face it Zacka and Patches. Zacka in his advanced age seemed to love the idea of trying to outrun someone shooting at them.
Course, "Kei won't they have something there that the prison uses to keep the detainees" yeah she learned another big word listening to the Jedi talk. There is no ignorance there is only knowledge. "Something that we can borrow. or" she looked at the eager faces around them, "am I missing something about the prison?"

She laughed shaking her head watching the island she snuggled down into the covers as everyone began to drift away to think about what they would do. she slept better than she had in weeks. His warmth, the smell of his skin, the stead beat of his heart as she lay with him all this lulled her into a fitful sleep.

In the morning she blinked several times as Kei moved about standing up still trying to find her bearings she stood in the door watching her mate, he had an idea. She looked at the cuffs and then to him.

"Well they might be intimidated by me if I bring you in, and then they might think look three guys to bring in one girl....what the feth is that about. So...I'll wear the cuffs...illusion." She held out her hands, "not too tight"

They looked at each other uncertain as to what would happen once they were down, "don't worry we got this right." She looked to Kei , "My sister..." The unspoken question do we take her or leave her...and what if we can't get back.

A tilt of her head she listened.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

[member="Elara Amadis"]

Clipping on the cuffs, not too tight. He liked her plan. They had to be restrictive but not hurt. The Epicathix kissed her forehead as he did so, resting there a moment. “Taking her is part of the plan.” Kei put his hands either side of her cheeks, looking at Elara with sympathy and a reassuring expression. Reluctant to release her as always, he stayed longer than you’d expect. “The doctor can treat her there.” How he was going to do that, Kei had no idea. She was right last night too, there had to be a way to manage the prisoners, something they could use.

Letting go, breathing deep and letting peace and calmness fill him, then the room for that matter. Zacka cursed about force shenanigans here and away from here. “Don’t you young’uns go getting yourselves in over your heads, you hear me”, the old Kage grumbled about him having to rescue them again. Truth was Zacka worried a lot. Putting some root into a pipe. He never smoked when anyone was around, but if they were off and he was here worrying as usual, he’d need something to settle his nerves.

They came up on the station, which looked like a small spider, a central circle with legs which took ships and people board. The planet below them was mostly ocean, with islands dotted about here or there. Their ship didn’t show any noticeable cities. There was only one way to find out, that Amadis knew of anyway, go down there.

Patches was picking his ear. Not that it mattered. But he did that when he was uncertain about something. Kei noticed and play punched the big guy on the arm.

“We’ll be fine. Handled worse. Don’t hear from us in a day, leave and come back in a week.” That way Zacka was going to be safe at least. He looked at Elara, and held her cuffs. Looking into her eyes, “I’m leading then.” Which he did, with a rogueish look in his eyes, slowly walking forward and then letting go.

His mood changed soon enough when he went to wake Elara’s sister, to see her laying there, he let Elara talk to her. Then helped however he could, carry or walk with her. Helping clip on some cuffs with a frowning expression, brow furrowed across his forehead. “Won’t be for long.” It might help that she saw Elara in them, if she could even see today. This was his family, ever since he bonded with Elara, her family was his and he was treating her like his sister. Staying as long as she needed before they moved, even if that was all day crouched beside her.

Only after that did he make his way to the docking door. When it came up three men in white with guns greeted them, and out stepped a director of sorts. "How can we be of service?" Unknown to Kei, Patches had come with them, bringing the box. "Ah I see you have our calling card. Right this way then!" The director took the box and let them in. Had patches sold them out?

It wasn't a comfortable feeling having cuffs on no matter how loose they were still binding. But she had said do it so she would deal with it, she looked up at [member="Kei Amadis"] as he did it. Yeah she could see that he wasn't real happy about doing it either. "Ok" she whispered back closing her eyes she tried to remember some techniques for calming herself, a deep breath, a calm thought, and then a soft summer breeze at the cabin.

She smiled that's what they were doing this for days of tranquility, for family, and for each other.

Elara peeked around Kei's shoulder to Zacka, "Have you ever known us to not get in over our heads. Feth Zacka if we didn't it wouldn't be worth doing. And besides what fun would it be if we didn't?" They could make light of it all they wanted but the truth was this could back fire, they had not yet come up with how to get out.

She stared at the spider in space hanging there by an invisible silken thread. She didn't mind spiders some though gave nasty bites, and others were cannibals. She had a feeling this one had a nasty bite.

"You're leading I'm following" But she would be able to observe and listen. She had some of the best hearing in the galaxy.

"No more than a week Zacka" She didn't know what to think reaching out for a moment she touched Kei's shoulder for comfort then nodding as if to say ok I'm ready.

Elara's sister walked slowly beside them. At the site of the guys in white everyone for a moment hesitated unsure of what was next. But assured there were guns available so maybe there were security measures that could be turned off and on to allow for weapons. Good to know. Elara use to making moves had to remind herself to wait.

It was too easy, what was that Patches had set up. Feth, she swore to herself. But it was too late the little group moved forward. She wanted to say something but prisoners didn't usually say much did they.

"What no drinks with umbrella's I'm so disappointed." She didn't keep that quiet. It just came out she had to relieve the tension growing in her stomach. But still she smiled making sure her fangs showed. Would it catch them off guard? It was a water world right? that meant beaches, so...drinks..right. No.

The one guy stepped back half a step the others didn't flinch. Hmm.....well now she thought.

"So now before we go too much further how can we help you?" Again she bit her tongue wanting to answer instead she left it to Kei. He was leading, she was...following. She glanced over to her sister unsure of how much she was taking in.

Wearing an on old grey jacket, green bodywarmer and brown survival trousers meant he looked nothing like a Jedi. Knowing where he was headed. He had virtually no tech on him, except a token blaster, which he was searched for and relieved of before he entered. All for show. Just a carrying a small backpack with some basic supplies, not risking bring much as everything about them was searched. Patches was patted down as well as Elara and her sister. Frustration at seeing his wife patted down, he hid it well, from anyone but his wife who knew him like a book.

A small gathering of security and corporate employees with their clipboards awaited an explanation. So Kei stepped up.

“Need to keep these prisoners secure until her company pay mine.” Kei took out his old scraggy holocard back from the army of light days, the company was actually now abandoned offices gathering dust in some nameless city. It read 'Hynator Holdings'. A shell company for Arion technologies. Which they checked out. He hoped the old intelligence contacts still held up.

Front and center looking over Elara, a woman with a clipboard concluded “Indeed. Our Standard rate is 1,000 credits a week. For both.” They didn’t ask how dangerous Elara was, just because of how their prison worked, they were however scanning her thoroughly along with everyone here.

Patches walked over to the director and handed them something else, which she read and nodded. The big man keeping his head down as he walked back. “Your associate claims they require medical attention. It just so happens we have a doctor planetside. A mere, 500 extra credits should suffice.” Patches shrugged to them both. Clever thinking.

With that Elara and her sister were slowly escorted away. Kei couldn’t help but look at Elara as she was led away. “Deal. I need them in one piece.” Emphasising the word need as his wife was taken from him. “And I need some food.” Kei stated, tense as he’d ever been. An excuse to get further inside.

“Of course, consider yourselves our guests till you depart.”

Through more people with clipboards, and a tidy carpeted station the sisters were led. Assuming she didn’t kill anyone, Elara was hauled off toward launching area. A row of escape pods lining the wall…. and soon likely to be strapped in… more restraints on restrains until her cuffs were removed only at the end. If she looked out the large viewport she might see a tiny person sized pod being shot out like a bullet. Kei wondered how her sister was doing, if she was even aware at all. ~I love you~ he said weakly through the force, his mindspeak always like a whisper.

Below the tropical island the doctor they needed waited. How was Kei going to join them? And how was her sister going to handle being shot out like a bullet toward a completely foreign island below?

Worry set in. He concentrated and breathed. Forming a plan.

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Just listening to the words spoken by Kei gave her chills and not the good kind. No. These words sounded like a slaver with his property in her heart she knew it was not what he meant and that this was the only way in. It didn't make it any easier to hear.

1000 credits WOW!! who had those kind of funds. They were gonna see red when they didn't get all that. Medical care, yes. She tried not to look too hopeful as she watched Patches retreat back something was off about the big man. Had he been here before? It was amazing that she could keep quiet this long.

There was much at stake here. Truly. The panic began to set in when they began leading her away, she could only look back for a moment to Kei. If this was the last time she saw him she wanted to remember him. She turned back and walked slowly dejected even with her sister there she felt alone part of her was standing behind her watching her walk away.

The man escorting Elara watched her carefully he kept hearing this sound Elara grinding her teeth to keep from doing something she shouldn't. At she felt her anxiety grow there was a sudden rush of warmth washing over her wrapping her tightly as she heard 'I love you' She looked down. 'I love you too' she said she didn't know if he could read minds it was a comfort to say it.

No more looks back her eyes stared ahead as they brought them into a large circular room. A domed ceiling, and ten doors. Oh those aren't doors. They were pushing out into escape pods...well feth me she thought.

"Hang in there this will be over soon" Elara hoped her sister could hear her. A hand gripped her upper arm pushing her into the pod, she growled again a warning for him if he was smart enough to hear it. "Watch it we don't allow for that kind of behavior." She smiled revealing her fangs. That made him step back, "well well I've never seen your kind in here...the Dr. will certainly be happy to see you..."

That had an ominous tone to it. Elara was pressed back as the door shut. She wasn't sure what happen next pressure, bouncing, and then nothing. When she finally woke up she was laying on the ground her sister looking down at her tilting her head side to side.

"yeah 5 more minutes mom I'm tired." She smiled, "I'm ok..." slowly she sat up and looked around. "Tropical...great" She looked up was Kei still there?

Every time they went away from each other was harder. Kei felt that same tug grow, despite how calm he was these days. That pull that wanted him to storm after her. His wife. A long rise and fall of his chest later. He couldn’t read minds easily. But he felt her words. He needed her.

Now the problem of joining her without giving it away too soon. He sat and ate food in the canteen for show. Chatting with one of the employee’s about the station. Shooting the breeze with one of the techs nobody paid much attention to began to pay off, as he learned he could get a room and board here for couple of credits extra.

Waiting till shift change. He carried on talking to the tech, all the way to the room door. “Sorry about this.”

Whack. Thump.

A room he took. Changing out of his clothes and into the white uniform of the technician. The uniform would help him get closer, the ID card be invaluable and cap help conceal his face. He tried his best to rig the lock to not open again after he left, but he was no tech, so it was a half botched job like his ship was known for when no engineer was around.

The shift change also gave Kei an excuse to walk toward the pods, not avoiding eye contact but not making it either. That was about all Amadis knew about how to blend in, and he wasn’t that convincing, being stopped twice before he reached the prisoner pods. Dumb luck got him through? One guard just didn’t care and the other scientist that stopped him was too busy to care. He kept the survival backpack at his side but carrying that was all the explaining he was asked to do.

Hang on Elara. The shift change was arriving. He waited for the right moment and got in a pod. Pulling the hatch down behind him. You haven’t thought this through Amadis. Now what? Reaching out through the force, searching for how to launch this thing. Nothing. There was no way he was working out how to launch the pod from blind guesswork. Waiting patiently, he calmed himself. A prisoner was hauled over to a nearby pod, and he ducked down inside his own pod. Kei was waiting again, getting up, watching. Don’t look this way. Don’t do it.

“Thank you Master Amadis.” The inside of the pod said clearly. “We have been expecting you.” He felt a sharp piercing sensation. His restraints locked in place, and down the pod shot toward Elara. As for the ship Zacka was in, that locked in place too. Great plan Kei.

--

Planetside - On the new Arrivals Beach.

Their island paradise. Hot, Sunny, Sandy, Tropical and with beautiful warm waters stretching out as far as the eye could see. Not one scrap of metal much anywhere, because nothing worked here. Something to do with the environment and magnetic field one of the techs had said to him at lunch. It was approaching evening when Kei landed, his pod coming down with a thud and breaking part where it lay. He lay there on top recovering. The metal slowly breaking down into smaller and smaller pieces until it was nothing but dust, the craft designed to leave nothing behind or idea how they functioned.

First job, find his wife and sister-in-law. Second the doctor. Third get off the island. Forth... do something about his headache. Whatever that sharp prick had been earlier, he felt nothing from the environment. Just what he heard, saw, touched, smelt and tasted. No deeper connection to anything here. Disconcerting. They’d injected him with something which was blocking his connection to the force. SLAM. He walked a step and fell flat on his face, sand in his mouth. Kei started snoring.

About in this jungle were prisoners, innocents, thieves, corporate spies, and a mixed bag. A few were not long on waiting for new arrivals, searching around their location. Was Elara safe? In fact as he lay snoring on the beach. One of the younger looking inmates was already rifling through his bag… Some of them were watching in the tree's and probably one or two bothering Elara to see if she would give them anything, if they spotted the two women. Everything down here was a luxury, a watch, a bracelet, a blanket, all had value. It was a paradise but a prison none the less. "Elara.... don't forget the socks.... it's going to be hot." the drowsy Jedi Master dreamed out loud. A smaller gathering now circling around the beach landing. Was Elara safe in the open and what was that about her socks?

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

The sand was hard to walk it every step seemed to draw her strength. She looked over at her sister they couldn't keep saying her sister. "Do you remember your name?"

Priya stopped for a moment did she have a name separate from the AI that had used her for it's own purpose, Did she have purpose? Panic began to build in her chest she froze trying to find the words. Her eyes blinked still looking for that connection to the creature. "It's Priya"

Her breath came in short bursts as she recognized her name. Priya named for some star she thought but then it faded and Priya began to fade as well.

Elara nodded, "ok Priya well let's keep moving cause I'm not sure about any of this really" She never felt unsure she always knew where her feet should go, and what her direction was. But not now right now she had to figure out the path. She was trying to ignore the ache in her heart she just felt so....alone without him there. So odd how her life had changed since meeting him. Was it fate that had seen to their meeting?

The heat was beginning to take its toll as well the humidity on Voss was different than here. It felt thick and heavy coating her exposed skin and adding to her discomfort. Yes..Priya however seemed to take it all in stride a benefit of not truly being aware she imagined.

Ahead Elara finally spied a building it looked innocent enough but who knew what was inside. If they had water she'd be grateful, "Come on Priya" Elara reached over for her hand wanting to guide her as soon as she touched it Priya yanked it back. Her eyes stared ahead did she know something Elara didn't?

She looked around again she saw nothing. "It's ok. I'll protect you" With whatever she could find and right now the best she could do was a stick and herself.

It took longer than she thought to reach the building out of breath and in need of a drink she peered into the darkness. She saw no one, "hello?" Was anyone there? She heard a commotion she turned her head looking in the direction it came from.

What was happening? She looked at Priya, "either follow or stay I have to see this." Elara wasted no time with other pleasantries she started off in the direction of the sound it was leading her back to the beach...all that work to get away only to go back. She looked back to see Priya following. girl had some sense then.

On the beach the sand turned harder she could see a gathering slowing her pace she approached with caution. What were they doing?

She thought she recognized some of the things laying on the sand....was that Kei's yoda socks? She moved to the group and pushed them out of the way. Snarling loudly she turned to face the group block who she could from her mate, she hissed a warning..."back off" Priya just imitated what she saw and followed Elara to stand over Kei

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Yes! Kei’s Yoda socks were right there for the taking! [member="Elara Amadis"] Or were they? The clean, grey pair of socks raised up into the air right in front of her. Kei still snoozing away, his face laying flat against the sand. Water had begun to lap at his outstretched boot with the tide coming in, his other boot missing and so the ocean began brushing against his other foot. Strangely he had extra socks on?

A folded blanket had been snatched from his bag, which still left two. Elara had interrupted the group before more things were taken. There was a small multipurpose tool, some rope and a canteen of water. The canteen was at this minute held by a spindly looking Ranth, his furry face and body looking more like the nomadic kind, he made a wide shrug of his shoulders and ran off, dropping his prize. Not before he’d drunk half of it. Though a friend of his clan had managed to snatch one of Kei’s boots, and was trying to fit it on his bare foot.

That wasn’t all. Those spare socks made a run for it, all on their own? Sadly for them the socks ran right into a familiar sight, the large silent form of patches. An almost invisible furry Defel boy rubbing the now bump on his head. Only becoming more visible as he went further into the shade. The spare socks had been saved.

Eventually the ocean's tickling got the better of our dozing Jedi Master, his force connection severed was unsettling to say the least. He picked himself up, looking hungover and with a pounding headache. Evening was still settling in, it was hot but he was having trouble focusing. Rustle of bushes and undergrowth betrayed more watching, some of the unlookers turned away. It was always good to show strength in a prison environment where people have free reign, and the sisters did just that, which was good as Kei was seeing four of them at that point. Despite the fact he got up beside his wife, he probably wouldn’t have even hit a tree in a fight.

Patches was holding the defel boy, or rather he had his large hand covering his head, as the boy swung arms at Patches thick knees with small taps. “Got to go. Night soon.” The boy pleaded. Kei ask why and he answered, “BWAAAAANGGGGGGG.” Several people murmured agreement, heading further into the jungle. Jungle which this close to the beach had used trails that saw people walk from the new arrival spot, but was still overgrown all the same. Only when everyone left did Kei turn to his wife and look at her to see if she had made the trip in one piece. “So much for plan A. You both okay?” He couldn’t see much at the moment, blinking and touching her cheek, then trudging over to her sister and looking her over again. They had been here longer than he had, “seen any shelter?”

Or sign of the doctor he thought. Or a way off this rock after. The waves ahead of them seemed to be increasing, and the tide was coming in still.

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

She was tired already something about this place seemed to sap her energy. She looked back at Patches with his hand on the boy's head it would have been funny if the conditions weren't so precarious.

She began to think she was loosing her mind when she saw Kei's socks run off...yep they literally ran off on their own. How was that possible? She must of hit her head harder than she thought. Yes. That had to be it. She finally turned to look at [member="Kei Amadis"] then to Patches.

"Whats a BWANG?" She wasn't sure she said it right wasn't even sure it was a thing. But when in Rome. or Aldera do as they do. Her attention was grabbed by the sound of Kei's voice she turned to face him almost immediately her hand went to touch his face. Reassurance he was there and she wasn't asleep inside the creature that had taken Priya. A sense of relief filled her mind. He nodded and then went to check her sister who stared blankly at him but seemed to understand some of what was happening.

She nodded, "yes...there's a place over that way" She pointed beyond his shoulder, "I was heading in when I heard a commotion." She smiled. "If you two are done sun bathing we can head there and check it out." Yep normal they were going to be normal.

OH yeah, she looked at Patches, "What's a BWANG?" The unanswered question from the man who rarely said anything suddenly had all the knowledge.

Kei took her hand, brought it to his lips and kissed it, holding it in both for a good long while. The headache hadn’t lessened and “at least I’m seeing two of you.” He grinned and shook his head, blinking. While Kei collected the socks, folding the clean pair into his bag, seemingly somewhat obsessed. Patches shrugged to Elara's question. Then was unhappy he’d lied. So the Big man made an unfolding movement with his hands, like a ball expanding. A very detailed Patches explanation if ever there was one. How he knew this was still to be revealed.

Looking up at the evening sun, “sunbathing tomorrow. Back at the ship.” He kissed her cheek again, and nodded to the group, brave face on. The beach was now almost totally clear, the invisible defel had got himself free from the big guys hand and was scurrying into the undergrowth after the rest of the welcoming party. Minus one boot, Kei took of his other one and put it in the pack to walk evenly.

Helping Priya move along with them. Kei was tender with Priya, like a kitten or a cub, keeping his arm around her supportivly. The Epicanthix whisled for the big to get him moving and began following his wife back to the shelter. A few thorns and pricks in his foot later....

The sun set faster than you’d expect here, the reds were becoming dark and darker as the night wore on. After he helped sit down Priya under the makeshift shelter, checking her once again, Patches stayed with her, gentle giant as always, seeming to take a liking to caring for her. Kei didn’t have time to work on making their shelter more sturdy, comfortable, or look for food or fresh water. Kei did have time to work on a fire, which is exactly what he was doing right now. Getting them some heat, because the temperature was dropping. “Only got two blankets left.” He’d brought three, not realising they’d throw patches down here as well. With one blanket stolen they were struggling. “Sister and you should get them. Patches, you’re big enough, and me, I’ll keep moving.” Patches seemed to agree and began covering himself in a makeshift leaf bed, which wasn’t a bad idea. Was he used to this?

Kei was struggling. The lack of connection to the force was hurting him. Off in the distance, the rustle of leaves could be heard again, but Kei missed it entirely. Focusing on trying to keep the fire going, and get enough dry wood. Hopefully Elara’s hunting instincts were doing better down here than he was. How did all the prisoners survive? He caught his finger in the flame and got a burn because....

Then it happened. The sun hit the horizon and a BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNGGGGG loud as a fog horn sounded, coming in from the sea, lapping in like a wave of green and purple magnetic energy and expanding like a bubble across the island. Rushing towards them, whatever was in the bushes didn't move a muscle, staying absolutely still. Elara's sister on the other hand...

"DON'T RUN!"
The boy's voice called from the bushes, remaining absolutely still. Their mysterious spy revealing himself, but it was too late, Pryia was running, Patches was in a panic after her, and Kei was stumbling half blind after the both of them. It would have been funny to watch, if that shockwave hadn't been coming their way. "You catch her, i'll tag him!"

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

'Sunbathing tomorrow, nice. And me without a suit...well except my birthday suit." She smiled. Shaking her head, "just an old smoothie aren't you." He was to her and from what she had seen he was gentle and soft with Priya too. She respected him in many ways that self sacrificing attitude he had she knew where it came from and loved him more for those things then anything act of bravery he had ever committed in helping someone else.

All this right now he had done this, well he and Patches. but Kei did this to help family he knew the importance of family. One reason why when he said he wanted children she had never thought twice about it. He would be a great father giving to a fault, strong enough to bend, and loving enough for them all. Yeah they'd be ok. How many...1, 2, 5....no more than 5.

"I can share mine, Priya has hers." it would be hard to sleep next to someone who was having a hard time with touching. It was amazing she had been doing as well as she had. Priya and her senses were so high that a touch was almost painful. Elara knew she tolerated it all. Somewhere down in it all she knew they were helping.

The sounds of the jungle, the lapping of the water were just back ground noise to the sudden fast moving sound coming in arcross the currents of air above them. Elara turned her head slight as if trying to shake away some annoying bug. She put her hands to her ears to cover them.

She felt it vibrating through her she couldn't help it it pushed the sound from her throat as she stood there howling in pain.

Then a tiny voice in the gusts of pain, 'don't run' but it was too late, most of them already were. FETH!!

She looked to the voice, "what is it?" She tried to listen for the sounds of them running to know what direction to chase. She felt the panic pushing her to run it was as if the sound pressed upon her emotions. "AHHHHHhhhhh"

Blinding tears filled her eyes until she felt a small hand on her arm, "hang on' She forced her eyes open to see the boy....'it will be over soon' How did he seem so unaffected by it all??

But where was Kei, Priya and Patches..

She hated this place already.

Patches and Kei bumped into each other looking for Priya, one going one way the other going the other through the trees, Kei calling out for ‘Elara’s sister’ because neither knew her name. Amadis was the lucky one. “Hey sis,” Kei picked her up putting her against his shoulder as the sound bubble, that small shockwave still hurtled toward them from the ocean. The loud noise not doing wonders for his headache. She was wriggling, hating him holding her, but he didn't know what to do otherwise.

“Stay still” the voice said to Elara again and the less she moved, the less the sound did anything. The boy was holding his ears and biting down on a handful of nearby leaves. “How they keep us.” He said with his mouthful. Keep us was vague, but he was only a kid. Keep them sedated, in check, stop fights, maybe even more. “Bite on those.” A small finger pointed to a plant. Apparently it made the sting go away.

Kei saw the wave, saw it pass around the boy, hurtling towards him and so knelt with Priya, holding her head to his shoulder. Which she still HATED, so he took a big risk and let her go, just holding one hand. “Sis pretend were asleep.” She seemed to get that, but only after Kei closed his eyes and let his head sink to mimic it. Then she did the same, playing a game. Patches sadly came running over and before Kei could call out for him to stay still, the BWAAAAAANGGGG sound had bowled the big guy over, he ran right into it looking for her even knowing what it'd do. It passed Elara’s sister and Kei without much trouble, causing them both to feel pain but nothing horrible. Kei blinked his eyes a few more times but Patches was out cold.

Clever and nasty way to keep the prisoners calm from above without having to set foot here. The Epicanthix's head was anything but calm, and Priya was crying like she’d been stung. He wanted to pat her on the head to calm her down like a child, she was a lot like a kid, but instead he whistled a tune. Which stopped her crying, he wasn't a good whistler but did alright.

Whistling a bad Kei-melody back to them all, Priya was led back to Elara. “She’s going to be okay.” It weighed on him, he was the one that had brought her here, them here. Them. Amadis went back and tried to pickup Patches, which was a waste of time in Kei’s condition, with no aid of the force. Picking up his friend’s arms and dragging the big guy’s legs behind. “Can you give me a hand?” He called through the bush, Elara’s strength greater than Kei’s she could probably lift him solo, even heavy as he was. What if this lack of the force was permanent?

Only when Patches was back in his leaf bed, and Priya settled, did Elara find her husband putting his hands around her face, touching her cheek, looking her over, he couldn’t sense anything so it was hell not knowing how much any of them were effected. He was fuller on than usual with the contact, and afterwards she got a strong concerned hug that didn't let her go for awhile. “Going to be alright.” There was no force connection, no assurance to him, no Jedi gift helping him out. Just him, holding her.

“Snooze time” The boy Defel said to the scene ahead of them, coming over to look at them all. As the sun’s light faded you could see more of his furry form, but near the fire he was a ghost again. Off in the background a Defel father was looking for his son, wondering why he hadn’t returned.

OOC
Feel free to take us to night, or use the boy/father NPCs as you like.

[member="Elara Amadis"]​

She wanted to be sick the assault on her hearing shaking up her stomach she turned her head again a greedy hand reached to take the offered leaves. She decided that the boy needed to tell them more. There on her knees was where they found her when they came back.

She looked up at Kei what emotions he would see there she wasn't sure. This was discomfort nothing more. What other surprises were here for them? She pushed up trying to get her balance again. The leaves were bitter leaving her feeling as if she had been medicated. She shivered as the taste hit her harder she quickly turned her head so that no one would see she was sick. She could use some good water.

Once everyone settled back down Elara was able to look at her husband. "You say that like you mean it. I know you do but..there's so much we don't know. Something more going on here Kei it feels off. My senses feel off too.." His touch upon her cheeks was a comfort the way he looked at her meant to warm her. She knew she reached over and put her hands on his shoulders slowly moving up to encircle his neck.

She looked cautiously at Priya, "she seems ok." She was she seemed to just be back to Priya normal.

Then she felt the eyes and heard the soft breathing she looked towards the jungle, the boys' father perhaps. The boy by the fire there and gone.

"We need to talk to them. A child in all this..why?" She did not want to let go she put her forehead to his for a moment all worries faded away. She could feel his warmth, the soft draw of his breath assured he was alright she pulled back.

"The sun comes soon..let's rest."

The sun would come in about 5 hours the darkness would fade and the horizon would glow golden yellows as it chased the night back across the surface. Elara and Kei together resting the slightest noises made Elara's ears twitch. She went to turn over to find the face of the boy staring at her, "you wake?"

She swallowed hard not use to being taking off guard, she touched Kei, but addressed the boy, "Am now. you?"

He nodded, "you eat?"

She smiled her fangs showing slightly, "yes" the boy fascinated leaned forward, "they sharp?"

"Sharp enough." she could if driven to it bite someone. She hadn't though, least not lately.

Patches was sitting up, Priya was standing staring. Yep another day in the Amadis Clan.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom