Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Firepits and Open-Toed Heels

Relationship Status: It's Complicated
P R O M I S E S
Ger.png

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Lunara Azure Lunara Azure

A promise made was a promise kept, that was the one thing about Gerwald Lechner that many people knew they could rely on. If any ever questioned that the ring which always hung around his neck was proof of the lengths he would go to ensure he kept his word. The lupine had promised his good friend Lunara Azure that he would take her out for a night of fun after their evening was cut short at the charity function they had agreed to attend. Her dress had been ruined in the process, and while he was unsure that he could replace it on this trip, Gerwald would certainly try.

He had given the blonde one warning. She needed to dress down from her usual choice of attire for what she thought was an evening out to dinner. It was nearing the time of year when the people of Stewjon would begin celebrating the day the Confederacy of Independent Systems saved them from the Dark Ones. There was a lot of work to do before those celebrations would take place, but the wolf had agreed to make himself available for whatever preparations needed to be done. As such, he had taken some time away from Naboo, and relocated to his old office on Stewjon from his time as a Lord Marshall.

Lunara had agreed to meet him.

“Lord Commander her ship is landing now,” a voice called out over the comm.

The lupine smiled as he closed his work station down and grabbed a small gift for the blonde. It was nothing fancy, and by no means was it meant to be anything more than a kind gesture. His relationship with Lunara was one of a peculiar kind. Both of them had met while mourning the loss of those they had loved, and since had found comfort as friends. There were no expectations beyond that, and Gerwald appreciated the ease at which they seemed to get along.

He hurried to the landing pad to greet her, waiting for the loading ramp to descend. Gerwald had managed to arrive just before the woman came into view. The lupine would be standing at the end of it, and Lunara would see him the moment the ramp no longer blocked him from her view. His smile was genuine, and the draft from the slowing engines whipped his hair about. Being on Stewjon saw Gerwald dressed as casual as he ever was, but tonight there was good reason for it.

When he was certain she would hear him Gerwald greeted his friend.

“I am glad you made it! I trust the journey was peaceful?”

He took a few steps toward her as he offered the necklace.

“A small bit of our culture, the symbol of caste. We have made a great many strides toward equality in the years we have been part of the Confederacy, but there are certain symbols which still hold special meaning to many of us.”

Gerwald offered his arm as he motioned toward what appeared to be a pillar of smoke rising from just over the horizon.

“Welcome to Stewjon, Lunara!”

Wearing: White dress
Tagging: Gerwald Lechner Gerwald Lechner

FTCaG1.png

Dress down.

It was just two words, two simple words that well…that could mean so many things to different people. When she was younger, dressing down might mean throwing on any old comfortable clothes that you might have lying around for a relaxed night vegging on the couch watching movies and throwing popcorn at one another. They hadn’t really had a large living room so her family had ended up squashed on the couch, or sprawled on the floor. They had jostled one another constantly, elbows and feet playfully finding flesh, snacks and treats flying through the air. It had been warm, comfortable. Her family hadn’t had much when she was growing up, they’d barely scraped by an existence above the poverty line, but they’d had one another.

It sounded like it was cliché, and maybe it was but when she thought back to those days all she could remember was the warmth. Happy memories of a time past, of a childhood that couldn’t really be that rosy, that good. She knew that there had been bad time, slammed doors and raised voices, the black moods and arguments that came with every family. But that was it, it came with every family and she couldn’t blame her family for that. She chose to remember the good, the happy times, those nights spent watching a holodrama together. The tenement was a pile of rubble and ash now, her family’s remains lost to the fire and destruction that had swept across the capital, a cloak of darkness that had left the planet reeling and stumbling. Lunara knew she could have stayed, tried to help pull the planet together, pull it through the darkness that had fallen on it.

But she wasn’t strong enough.

The blonde had fled to the stars, to the lure of the CIS, abandoning her home and all the memories that crowded it’s streets to themselves. Rise or fall, that was upto them and she’d play no part in it.

Gerwald had taken an entirely different approach to his homeworld.

Although the erstwhile Lord Commander had many duties that took him across the length and breadth of the Confederacy, when his planet called for him he had answered. Only…this world wasn’t exactly what she had expected. Or perhaps it was exactly what she had expected. Her friend was, for all that his position had thrust him to the very pinnacle of the Confederacy, a wild beast at heart. He’d earned the moniker of wolf and not just for his Lupine nature or the unruly mane that topped his head. There was something of the wild about the man, the way that he walked and talked. There was that same sense of the wild about the world she’d landed on, a sense in the force that was almost primal.

In her time with the Confederacy Lunara had visited countless worlds and found each of them to have a character of their own. A sense of self, of culture that permeated the world and all of it’s environs, you could almost taste it if you reached out with the force. The same primal flavour that seemed to flow off the Knight Commander seemed to suffuse this world. The same taste, the same aura, recognizable even comforting in a way. This was a world her parents would have loved, the freedom, the greenery…when had she grown so different from that little girl who wanted nothing more than the sneak past the watchful eyes of her mother to go tumbling in the dirt with her siblings.

Now…well, she couldn’t remember the last time she had gone tumbling in the dirt, turned a cartwheel or had a dirtball fight. Things she could imagine Gerwald partaking in all too easily. Things perhaps that she missed, that childish wonder and innocence, though she would admit that to nobody.

She would admit she’d missed her friend though, a smile touching her lips as she padded down the ramp, the fabric of her white dress swishing around her legs, heels clicking against the metal on her way down as she made her way down to stand next to him. The necklace was a surprise, delicate fingers reaching up, running over the carved silver decoration, tracing a finger along the patterns etched into the surface before she smiled, reaching out to rest a hand on his shoulder as she leaned forward, lips brushing his cheek.

“Thank you. But, you know, when I said you owed me a night out I imagined some restaurant in Theed, or maybe a party of some kind…I didn’t think we’d be headed into the woods on a…”

The blood drained from the woman’s face as she turned to the side so she could face the man, eyes narrowing suspiciously as they flicked towards the rising pillar of smoke.

“We don’t have to catch our own dinner do we? Cause if we do you and I need to talk…a long long talk.”

A playful smile touched the woman’s lips as she slipped her arm through Gerwald’s, her fingertips curling to rest against his forearm.

“Thank you, glad to be here.”

A W K W A R D
Ger.png

Gerwald shook his head as Lunara came into view.

“I thought I told you to dress down,” he said after the woman kissed his cheek.

They were friends, but it was still an odd sensation. He could not remember the last time anyone had kissed his cheek like that. The wolf remained to himself most days, and had only recently begun to share his life with another. While he had not planned on finding someone that would be more of an apprentice than a squire, it seemed the force had other ideas. Lunara had met Palm-Imer once, the spar where Rann had attempted to kill them all with a force choke. It had been prior to their journey beginning, and he wondered if she would remember the geminaie if the subject came up.

Knowing their relationship it would. Gerwald often turned to Lunara for advice trusting her to be more honest with him than most. As Lord Commander, the lupine did not want people around him that told him what they thought he wanted to hear. He wanted those with the courage to be honest. Lunara certainly had that. Anyone who had the courage to tease him as much as she did, also had the courage to tell the truth when it was needed.

For now, they would tease.

Gerwald scrunched his nose at the threat of a long talk. It turned into a chuckle, one which came with its own retort.

“I am definitely in the wrong form for that… I can fix that if you’d like,” Gerwald added as he made a motion to pull his shirt off, stopping just shy of doing so. “It always tastes better after killing it yourself.”

The wolf smirked at the thought of fresh blood in his mouth. For a moment it would seem the lupine was off in another world, because he was. The smell of the woods around them tempted his wolf. Lunara had been right about Gerwald, he was wild, and Stewjon only made him moreso. After all, this was home.

“Not tonight,” he finally replied. “Tonight I am going to treat you to a feast unlike any you’ve ever attended before I am sure. Though, you are going to regret wearing white. Stewjon is wild, and her feasts even more.”

His arm was offered as he motioned toward the path they would need to take. It was mostly clear, and the grand hall where they would feast was not too far in. A clearing would open up long before they would find it. Knowing Lunara, however, that would be long enough for something to happen. Her dresses seemed to get ruined whenever Gerwald took her out for dinner.

FTCaG1.png

“You’re in the wrong shape…really?”

The elfin woman took a step backwards, her crystal blue eyes flicking up and down the man’s frame thoughtfully. They said that the eyes were the window to the soul and Lunara had always found that to be true. Throughout the years of tuition and experience, she’d learned to compose her face into a mask to hide her true feelings, but she’d never really been able to control her eyes. To hide her feelings from shining out of those emotive blue orbs, much to the annoyance of her mother-in-law and all her tutors at the church.

It was those same blue orbs that shone with mischief and amusement now as a single slender digit reached up to brush along the silver pendant which fell around her neck before shapely lips quirked up into a smirk. That finger rose, tapping against the woman’s lips as if in serious thought for a moment before she nodded.

“Well, that’s true now I think about it. Given your size…plenty of good eating on a wolf you know.”

That smirk never died though the wind cutting through the branches of the trees cut across the woman, leaving her shivering, arms coming up to wrap around her chest as the fabric of her dress, snapping it like a flag. She could feel goosebumps rising across the bare flesh of her forearms as she rubbed her hands across her flesh stepping off the ramp into Gerwald’s lee, putting the man squarely between herself and that cutting wind.

“You know, as long as it’s inside then I’m ok with whatever you’ve got planned…it is inside right Wolf? You’re not going to make me sit outside around some force-forsaken firepit watching someone turn a whole carcass on a spit. You wouldn’t do that to me would you...would you Mr Wolf?”

The woman took a step closer, blinking for a moment as she let her mind drift for a moment, falling back through her memories to another place, the spectacle of an imperial feast. The laughter and conversation, the entertainers dancing between the tables and the people. All the great and good of a planet gathered into one place, those masks securely fixed onto their faces. Except for those nights that they hadn’t been, nights of excess where the liquor and entertainment had flowed freely, where the night had been more about showing off and a little less about politics…but in the end it had all been about politics.

“I don’t know, I’ve been to some pretty amazing feasts before. It’s a pretty high bar to beat.”

An arm slipped through Gerwald’s, fingertips resting on his forearm as she let him lead her from the landing pad and onto the planet. Unconsciously the blonde stepped a little closer to the man, still using him as a shield from the wind that seemed to cut through her. This, this was why she preferred cities, the tall buildings provided some protection from nature, here though…there were no such protections available. Lunara knew she could have reached out to the force, using the barest touch of energy to banish the cold and the feel of the wind, to protect herself from the elements here but…that seemed like cheating. Besides, since he’d made such a point of it, surely it was better to experience the hospitality of Gerwald’s homeworld in its entirety, both the good and the bad.

Last edited:

A W K W A R D
Ger.png

“I didn’t say you could eat the wolf… me. Simply that if you wanted to actually catch your own meal… I would prefer to do so as a wolf. I do enjoy our banter, but let’s not forget that the beast is more who I am than anything else.”

Knowing Lunara, the comment would not kill the banter, or her need to tease, at all. She would certainly find some way to make it a point of jest if she wanted to. In truth, Gerwald enjoyed the woman’s company because she brought a levity to his otherwise serious life. Much of it was serious because Gerwald made it so, but there were experiences which had also contributed. Still, it was nights like this where Gerwald knew that he needed to allow himself to enjoy the company and the surroundings. Being home, on Stewjon, would force him to do so. It was something he knew a few glasses of mead would bring out.

His eyes looked over to the woman who happened to be interested in whether this event would be inside. This only made the wolf smirk. It was inside, but he did not have to let Lunara think it was anything but outside until they arrived. In fact, not answering her question would go a lot further in his quest to gain the upper hand in their small battle of wits.

Gerwald just nodded and smiled.

“I promise you… this feast will be unlike anything you have ever seen. Just wait until I get a few glasses of mead into my system then it will really pick up.”

He kept moving them deeper into the woods. The journey would not be long before the trees would open into a clearing and a large feast hall would be visible. She would have her answer as to whether it was inside. There would be one sight she would find. A large fire, a spit, and lone cook rotating the spit.

The lupine crossed his arms and smiled.

“Look a man roasting the meal on a spit… I told you… you’re going to regret wearing white.”

He laughed as he walked toward the main entrance of the hall. As the pair walked in the roar and cheering of the crowd would overwhelm their ears. While Gerwald was not directly related to the reason the dark ones were gone, he represented the order which saved them. He and Lunara would be treated like royalty. It would be the one part of the night which Gerwald would not enjoy. He hated the accolades.

FTCaG1.png

“Beast?”

A single eyebrow rose towards Lunara’s hairline, lips curling up in an amused smile as her blue eyes twinkled. It was almost cute, the way that the man built himself up like that, that he was so sure of himself and his self-image.

“Let’s be honest, you’re a puppy, not a beast, with that floppy walk and that cute, little waddles. I’ve seen kittens that were more terrifying than you are.”

As the woman spoke her face maintained that mask, the expressionless look which she had spent years perfecting in the highest courts of her homeworld. It was the eyes though, those crystal blue eyes that gave her away, laughter dancing through them filling them with a light that seemed to banish the sadness, the cold ice that seemed to be so much a part of who she naturally was. For a moment she could leave all that behind, the memories that seemed to hold her down like chains she could never escape, just hide from in moments like this.

“Oh, I don’t know, I’ve been to some really epic feasts in my time, there was this one time at a gala that got thrown for a duke’s birthday that they actually had elephants bringing the food out of the kitchen, little pygmy elephants. It was the talk of the town for years after that, I don’t think anyone ever quite beat it.”

Blue eyes flicked around, taking in the mist that still clung to the trees, flickers of light teasing through the treeline lending the scene an almost ethereal quality. It was like something out of a story, a tale told by mothers to their children in the dark of night. Though the night sky and the mist lent it a quality that told her this wasn’t a fairytale, perhaps a horror story or a nightmare. The truth soon became clear to her as they rounded the corner. The woman’s already pale face seemed to drain of blood, growing as white as her dress, a porcelain mask that seemed like it would crack under the slightest pressure. Fingernails dug into the man’s arm as Lunara’s eyes narrowed to slits, the blue orbs behind them catching the firelight and almost seeming to glow.

“Please tell me you aren’t serious, that there’s a hall somewhere behind this where we’re actually going to eat and this is some kind of cruel joke puppy.”

There was a kind of horror on her face, the feeling of icicles running down her back as she watched the large lump of meat slowly rotating over the fire, its juices dripping down to sizzle amongst the flames. The woman could only look on in horror, filled with the dreadful foreknowledge that this too would be a dress that would have to be consigned to the trash.

“Your credit account is mine.”

It took the young woman a moment to catch herself, the slip that mask on as they stepped out into the light. The public face, the face you turned towards the crowd was something that she’d had drilled into her since childhood, that came almost like second nature. You would have to look very carefully, know her very well to see the slight stiffness in the fingers that dug into the wolf’s arm that showed her annoyance at the situation, in the upcoming loss of her dress. This better be the best feast she'd ever been to.

T E A S I N G
Ger.png

Gerwald could only smirk at her jest. Lunara had never seen Gerwald as anything but the human. While this was a normal part of their friendship, Gerwald did wonder if she would be making that joke if she had seen the wolf. Regardless, it was not something which would keep him liking her. Lunara did not want anything from him, other than a friend. She did not expect him to be anything other than who he was, and it was always refreshing, especially since the role he inherited came with enough demands.

“Okay I have never been to anything that extravagant. Our cultures are vastly different. We spend more time trying to drink each other under the table than coming up with ways to display and deliver food.”

He laughed. The thought of elephants parading in with the food on their backs seemed like a waste, a sight to behold for sure, but excessive. Gerwald was not one for excessive, not in those regards.

He paused in front of the door of the main hall and pushed it open. Inside there was a fire in the center of the hall, designed to keep the place warm. Tables littered the area where those in attendance were already consuming way too much mead. Elevated, and at the front of the hall, was a long table, spanning the entire length of the room. It was at the center where two seats remained vacant. They had been placed there as seats of honor, for Gerwald and the friend he had said would be attending with him.

“Ah Gerwald there you are! We were beginning to think you were not going to show that hairy face of yours! Come… the Mead is running out!”

He leaned over to Lunara, whispering.

“That is Sigamond. He is loud, boastful, and a fool. Yet, everyone seems to love him. He will be the life of the party for sure. Just be careful though, he liked blondes.”

The lupine laughed as he walked toward the man and greeted. He introduced Lunara next before sending the man off to grab a couple of goblets of mead. One was handed to Lunara with haste, and Gerwald smirked as he looked at her.

“Bottom up!”

Gerwald began to chug the mead.

O B J E C T I V E
2000x1335_px_Alice_Tarasenko_face_model_profile_women-583223.jpg!d

“Oh, don’t get me wrong, all those high society galas are all about showing off, just like you drinking one another under the table. Not that we haven’t done that before, we just tried to dress it up in a pretty face is all.”​
The blonde had been to many different parties since leaving Zernia, from high society galas to street fairs and she’d discovered one thing. Strip away the pretence that surrounded them, the airs that people put on and it was all about one thing. Showing up everyone else. It could be the dress you wore, how ostentatious your party was, or how good you grilled, it was about showing off. It didn’t seem like Stewjon was any different all they cared about was…​
“Wait. You never mentioned there would be mead, now you’re talking my language, prepare to end up drunk under the table Wolf.”
So it wasn’t the wine that she loved but for a night she supposed mead would be an acceptable alternative, especially if she got to show up the wolf infront of all of his friends and family…So maybe she wasn’t immune from the desire to show people up either but…maybe this wouldn’t be the worst feast she’d been to. Still, the things she did for her friend.​
When they entered the crowd of feast-goers it was…warm, friendly. The crowd parting around them like a sea parting, enveloping them in the happy crowd. The very happy crowd. The blonde could smell the alcohol in the air, the smell of roasting meat and sweat. She could hear the sounds of laughter and conversation, loud yells of greeting and enjoyment echoing around the room as a large man came storming towards them. She’d always known Gerwald was a large man, compared to many others one might even say a giant, but this man put him to shame. He was like a brickwall, one that Gerwald seemed to be trying to wrestle into the ground. She knew it was just a friendly greeting but...if everyone here was the size of the Lord Commander and his friend maybe she wouldn’t be drinking anyone here under the table.​
“Oh he does does he? I’m sure I can count on you defending my honour in that case, right?”
The blonde smirked for a moment as she glanced down at the mug of mead in her hands. She’d seen pictures of mugs like this on the holonet, but she’d never actually held a drinking vessel quite this big. Still, her mother hadn’t raised a quitter, the mead rose as she took a sip, and then another feeling the liquid flowing down her throat, warming her as it went.​
Crystal blue eyes stared across at Gerwald challengingly as the servers started towards the meat, knives slicing into it.​
“Not bad, a little sweet though. Fancy another mug Mr Wolf?”

FTCaG1.png

T E A S I N G
Ger.png

Lunara continually surprised him. There was something about her which she kept hidden behind all the propriety, and the more time he spent with the blonde the more he began to see it. These days were as wholesome as they were challenging for the wolf. He knew that there was still a promise made to Naedira, to bring her back, but that promise had never truly included his feelings. First Palm, and now Lunara, both of these women brought Gerwald to a frightening conclusion. Life could go forward even if Naedira did not return.

Why was it frightening? Because Gerwald had never thought to entertain life without his promise to bring her back succeeding. Everyone around him warned him of it, they all wanted him to be ready for the chance it did not succeed. Even Naedira had told him to move on, and yet, he did not. Yes, Gerwald formed friendships. He moved on with his career, advancing beyond anything he hoped that he would or could. Her death had served as a catalyst for Gerwald to be better, and his humiliation at the hands of Prazuits strengthened that resolve.

Lunara’s question pulled the lupine out of his own mind. Defend her honor?

Gerwald nodded.

“I am here aren’t I? The only time I failed to defend any of my closest friends was when I was not present to do so.”

Naturally he spoke of the day Naedira dies, but there had been other he could not defend or save as well.

“But you have nothing to fear today, for your honor shall be fully intact. Your dress… I can make no promises for. I told you white was not a good idea.”

Gerwald had downed his mead, as did Lunara. Before he knew it they both had another mug in their hands. He grinned, not taking the time to answer her question as the mug emptied itself as quickly as the first had.
“Did you just challenge me to a drinking contest, Ice Princess?”

If she could have a name for him, then he could have one for her.

“Time to see how many it takes before you’re dancing the tables with the rest of us!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom