Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fire and..

Alliser Roche

A
R288c98a080c9f11d857395f7da7ac345

Brimstone Brimstone

COME ALONE. INTERVIEW. FOUR DAYS. FREEHOLD WESMAN FACTORY 033

The Gen'dai would receive word on the job overnight. The interview mentioned beforehand in the details was ready and open for him on the planet of Freehold. The exact coordinates led to an old infrastructural district, run-down from disuse and populated mostly only by squatters. It was an odd place for an interview, but perhaps a secluded one all the same.

Were he to head there, he would find it almost exactly as predicted. The refinery complex was half-decrepit, and half built-over with shanties. The question then would become where, exactly, in this large place they were to meet. Luckily, a few painted arrows on the walls would point him down deeper into the refinery until it eventually garnered to a stop above a furnace room.

The lights were on, and the furnace room below churned with some activity. The result of a powered generator, one could guess. Even the cameras were on.

But no one was there. The Gendai would know for sure, too. Not a single heartbeat around.

Yet.​

Alliser Roche

Brimstone left his knackered old xwing on the outskirts of what looked more like a shanty town than an industrial complex, this place was a dump. He supposed it was perfect for this kind of meeting as clearly no-one had eyes on it.

He continued to stomp forward, he noticed he had eyes on him, probably just squatters, he could here a little bit of their chatter but it meant nothing to him. Of course the nearly 9ft armoured frame walking through would attract attention.

Now, where to head. He noticed on a wall, some coded arrows. He laughed to himself, this guy was taking keeping out the way seriously, or maybe it was a treasure hunt. Brimstone followed him, away from the broken down shanty huts and deeper into the factory. His metal boots clanking on the causeway as he went further in. He had come armed so if this was some scheme to trap him, he would be ready.

Eventually he came to a stop, below him he felt the heat from a furnace and heard the whir of a generator. He quieted himself, trying to sense signs of life. Nothing. Not that it meant much, he had worked for droids before and those guys could be quiet as the breeze.

Brimstone looked up at the camera that was watching him. So, someone knows he was here. He gave a thumbs up to the camera and waited.

Last edited:

Alliser Roche

A
A minute would pass, and the sound of footsteps began to echo down the halls from which he came. As they came closer, he could hear the sound of heartbeats. Seven, individual heartbeats, or so it would reveal. They were calm and steady, unlike some of the junkies and squatters that he had passed on his way in. Even more, they were moving as a group.

It didn't take much longer for this team to show themselves. It was an armed group, mercenaries by the looks of it. The first six showed themselves with weapons brandished and black arm-bands, and the last one in line stepped after them in an overcoat and his hands in his pockets.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." The last man said as his team divided in two with three flanking on each side of the room. He followed after, stopping just short of his counterpart. "I see you noticed us on the cameras. I didn't expect much less."

He smiled, but it didn't feel genuine. "I looked into you. Regrettably, I didn't find too much of your past - not that I'm too interested - but your work is impressive. Not to mention your.." He gestured up and down the Gen'dai, likely meaning his regenerative abilities.

"That all said. My name is Alliser Roche. I'm a privateer captain, if you didn't already know," He rolled his arms in a shrug. "And I'm looking for mercenaries who can do a job good and do it quiet."

The hum of the machinery filled a beat of silence as Roche took a breath and looked him over. "But, first. Mind telling me about yourself?"

Alliser Roche

"Good to finally meet you Alliser Roche"
Replied Brimstone. He surveyed the men in front of him. 6 armed mercenary, all with the calm demeanor of professionals, this guy was the real deal.

"I am a mercenary, there is little you probably need to know other than that, if you would like service history, my first real war was the seventh battle of Ruusan, but before that I had done little bits if work. Spent the following thousand years doing bits here and there."

He wondered how much Roche knew about his species, he had been around for a long time, seen a lot of changes.

"About 900 years ago I was involved in the collapse of the old Republic, that was a good scrap, shame it went the way it did". Brimstone remembered those days, ripping apart battledroids for his employers, he was sad that the Republic fell, it was a good time for non-human mercenaries.

"My job is to kill, I enjoy it, and I'm really really good at it. Have spent a few hundred years on ice though and need to pay off a debt to the people that got me out. So here I am."

Brimstone thought, if this guy was worth working for, he likely would have made plenty of plans to off him should he need to, probably would have blasted that heap of junk he called a snubfighter out of the sky.

"Tell you what, how about we show each other a little good faith? I take of this helmet so we can talk face to face, and we step away from the furnace? I assume it was for me if things went south?"

Alliser Roche

A
Roche smiled with his eyes and tipped his head to a nod.

"You have keen eyes." He affirmed. "But aye. I've always been a fan of assuming the best in people."

He pointed down a hall to his right. "There's a storage subsection down that way. We can talk on the way."

With that, he gestured a half of his guards down the hall and started on after them. The other half would follow behind the two.

"The job I'm offering for you is a simple wetworks mission. Out of self-interest, I can't exactly divulge what exactly this mission entails until you've formally taken it but it does involve the removal of a particularly well-guarded player in the privateering game. I'll pay well, of course." He said with a nod.

"It can be done in credits local to this system, or in goods of equal value." He rounded a corner, walking with a casual gait and his hands still in his pockets. From his demeanor, to an outside observer, it would seem as if he was catching up with an old friend.

"With inflation, it would be seventy thousand credits. I can also provide fuel, board, and repairs for your ship until the job is done."

The hallway shook with dust.

"I would like to hire you for that price if you're willing. My only requests are, firstly, that this is a discreet job. Not the type of job to be talked about afterward." He said as he stopped at a large chained door with the words Storage B2 emblazoned above it.

"And secondly, I would have to verify your abilities in person. Not because I don't trust your word, mind you."

From within the storage subsection, the sound of a large animal's roar shook the padlocked chains on the door. Roche didn't much flinch, let alone move his eyes from his counterpart.

"There's a myntor in this here room. It was transported here by accident and the building has been abandoned ever since. Which is a shame for the previous owners, considering all of this equipment left standing here. But a blessing for a certain someone who has bought the building and would like to see his new shop get to work." He said in a way that left little to the imagination that the certain someone was himself and the accident may not have been an accident. Talk about a hostile takeover.

"If you don't have any questions about the pay, and you're willing to take this job-" He stepped back. "I'll leave you to it."

"Oh, and I'll throw in another one thousand and five hundred credits for your time in taking this test,"
Roche paused then, before then adding. "-and another thousand added if you can do it without damaging any of the storage kept in that room."

He listened intently for his answer.

Brimstone listened to Alliser Roche intently, he could respect this man, knew what he wanted and made sure it would happen, he didn't look like he had much too him physically so it didn't lessen him that he was paying to have his dirty work done.

70000 credits, Brimstone had hoped for more but he figured he only needed 50 to get what he needed so after the cut to the guild, he would be on his way. beggars cant be choosers, maybe if he hadn't shown up in that damn x-wing.

"Your on, Roche" he replied, putting his helmet back on, and unclipping the axe from his back. "a Myntor you say? never killed one of them before, be right back"

He pulled the door in, stepped in to the darkness and closed the door behind him. This was a large storage room with long racked shelves, it stank in here. He surveyed the room through his HUD, no movement detected other than a cctv camera in the room that he suspected was being used to observe. He moved further in, tapping the haft of his now glowing axe on the shelves as he went past.

He stopped... there it was, a hissing noise, still nothing on his HUD but a definite hissing. "heerrreee monster" called Brimstone, goading the beast into attacking. He moved further into the storage room, the smell getting worse and the hissing getting louder. He could feel its heart beating, getting faster, ready to strike?

The monster lashed out of the shadows, attempting to grab Brimstone but Brimstone lifted his arm and the monster only managed to get a small purchase on his shield. "Your a big bastard aren't you?" he said, as the two circled each other, any element of surprise lost. The monster pounced again, and this time Brimstone swung his axe in a round arc, its glowing head slashing into the monsters hardened scales. no serious damage, but the game was on. This time it was Brimstone who took the initiative, brining his axe down in a swing from above, the Myntor dodged, just taking a glancing blow, but knocking over a shelf, spilling what looked like electrical components on the floor. "if you just cost me 1500 credits we are no longer friends".

The monster leaped, this time coming at an unexpected angle, its mouth clamping down on Brimstone's armoured fist, its sharp teeth grinding against the phrik alloy plates. "Kark off you greedy mother" Shouted Brimstone as he squeezed his fist, firing a burst of blaster bolts down the monsters throat. It pulled away, ripping his glove off and taking a chunk of his arm. it started thrashing about, knocking over another shelf.

"Hold still you stupid creature" said Brimstone as he readied his axe. The monster was slowing down, the wound in its throat was probably not mortal but it had lost its edge. Brimstone almost felt sorry for it as he brought his axed down again hard, its hot blade cutting deeply into the neck of the monster. It let out one final screech and then was silent, its head hanging loose from is mostly severed neck.

Brimstone returned to the door where Alliser Roche was waiting, "i hope we didnt break anything important? beasts back down there if you want to take a look" He pointed with his damaged arm, but it was clear the his flesh was writhing and knitting back together to repair the damage.

Last edited:

Alliser Roche

A
Brimstone Brimstone

Roche watched with interest through, as his potential hire correctly assumed again, a camera feed. The fight was faster than he anticipated, which was all the more impressive for him to take in as the employer. The three guards he had manning the door while he stood watching the video even looked slightly put uncomfortable at how little time it took for the beast to be brought down.

When Brimstone returned and pointed back into the room, he couldn't help but nod in approval. "Excellent work." He gestured for one of his men to enter the room and for another to step forward with a bundle of credits, who in turn offered them to the mercenary. Two thousand five hundred credits in all.

"I saw you knocked over a crate of batteries in the fight, but all in all they never mattered much. I hope you spend the bonus well."

The man ordered inside returned a moment later, carrying two slimy eggs within a bundle of fabric.

"And of course, the contract is yours and will be paid in full at conclusion of the job." He took the eggs in hands by the fabric, examining it for a brief moment before passing it to another who took it away without a single interjection or word over their conduct. "You can stay planet-side until I call for you, or you may return with us to my ship in orbit until the job is launched."

"The choice is yours, but if you decide to remain alone then I ask that you stay close to a communicator at all times. Penalties to your pay ensue if we cannot reach you."

With those final words, he turned about on his foot and started back up the way he came. Just another day in Freehold for him.

Brimstone watched as the guard walked away with what he assumed was Alliser Roche new pets. He wondered where the male was if he had just killed a nesting female. Not that it mattered right now.

"I will take your invite to join you in orbit Roche, I will bring my own ship though, I dont like to leave trash behind"
he laughed.

ooc if Roche points out that he doesn't have hangar space brimstone will come on foot

His arm now fully regenerated, he stowed his axe on his back and reattached his armoured gauntlet.

"Once I get out of atmosphere, ping me and I will make my way to your position. It has been a pleasure so far"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom