Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply Finest Hour

Cato was almost taken aback by how fast she sprang into action. All things considered, Chanoel made quick work of the stab wound, staunching the flow and in all likelihood keeping Cato from a less than dignified demise. Maybe she just really didn't want to clean up all the blood.

"Nothing that won't heal on its own, I think. Congratulations doctor, the operation was a success." He raised his hands for a golf clap, until an out of place finger caught his attention, "Ope, hang on," Using his other hand, he popped the dislocated digit back into place. With that he could finally sigh in relief.

"Well, as far as shitty nights go, that could have been a lot more shitty." Cato smirked, glancing down toward his chest, "Guess I'll have to get a new shirt, though."

He tested himself by sitting up a little straighter, then took on to a more genuine tone, "Pretty sure I've still yet to thank you properly. So… thank you, Chanoel. Don't suppose there's any way I can repay you? For uh, not leaving me for dead?" He laughed dryly.

"I'll help clean if ya want. My blood, my mess, right?" He scooted to the side, checking himself to make sure he wasn't leaving bloody puddles anywhere else.

She paused a moment. "Er, actually..." She pointed at his lightsaber. "Could I, uh- try?"

Cato stared for a moment, then just laughed, "...What the hell. Knock yourself out." He held out the hilt in his palm for her to take.

"Just don't aim it at me. And mind the crossguards." He watched her like a nervous parent. It would be a real bummer to end the night with somebody getting a hand chopped off.

"Dude, I was in the military. I know how to handle a weapon." She took the lightsaber from him, and immediately looked down the hole in the end.

"Dope, okay." She angled it away from herself, carefully holding it in both hands -- away from the crossguards. "This button? This button."

She hit the button, and the saber blade sprung to life with a boiling hum. There was something... raw, about it, holding such a thing in her hand. It suddenly felt heavy, and she had to try hard to keep it from slipping from her grasp. "How do you swing this thing all day long? It's- it's so heavy."

She gave a few slow practice swings.

"Hoo boy," Cato whispered to himself. Just when he was about to give Chanoel the benefit of the doubt, she stared straight down the emitter. Perhaps this would require a more hands-on observation. With a grunt Cato pushed himself off the coach, wobbling a bit as he tested his footing.

"Well, there's a lot of power stored in a lightsaber. It's not just a sword, it's a… it's like a constant current of energy. And it's more about directing that current. Fighting against it just makes it more unwieldy. "

Cato stepped in behind her to help guide the weapon, "It ah, also helps when you can use the Force."

"How the fuck am I supposed to direct the current and not fight it?" She had a bit of trouble keeping it steady -- until he stood up and gave her a hand. She gave him a smirk and a glance back.

"Oh, okay, I see." She paused a moment, before looking back at the saber. "I'm not sensitive, so, uh- probably would suck with one of these. But," she turned it off, "there's always other options."

Cato smirked back. “You’re gettin’ it,” Ultimately he was just glad nothing got damaged.

“Takes a bit of elbow grease, but I’ve seen non-sensitives that can grasp a saber pretty well.” At the end of the day, a blaster was going to be a hell of a lot more useful for them, though. Without a Jedi’s reaction speed, trying to block incoming fire was, in all likelihood, only going to lead to an unceremonious death.

“Still, you’d be surprised how much mystical bullshit goes into swinging a glow stick around.” With the Force he yoinked the weapon back into his own hand, igniting it and twirling it around with a few effortless swings. Well, except for the last swing, which seemed to pull a little too tightly at a bruise. He made a half-hearted attempt to laugh off the pain, “Was it everything you dreamed it would be?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom