Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Finding The Calm Within [Kyra Perl]

Caedyn Arenais

C
"No, Kyra! Wai-...".

But it was too late.

Running across the to where she dropped, Caedyn slid on his knees to her side and deactivated her Lightsaber before it could do any further harm. Whatever powered the weapon, it was clearly somewhat different from the standard training sabers that he was accustomed to.

Laying there on the floor, he couldn't help but grimace. "Hold on..." he said, sparing no time in reaching out with both hands, palms facing down, Caedyn's eyes closed and soon the Force flowed in through his center, to his arms and channeling from his form and down over her own.

Practicing a form of Curato Salva through the Je'daii teachings of Mahara Kesh, Caedyn sought to transfer his own physical energies through the Force, accelerating the natural healing process of Kyra's body in order to overcome the tension and uncontrollable muscle spasms wrought on by the power of her the lightsaber's blade.

This specific skill was not taught by the Jedi, as Caedyn dug deep into his own life-force and transference of energies in order to strengthen her own. It was like jump-starting her immunity system, sending her body into a state of overdrive in order to deter any foreign bodies, pain or injury from harming her further.

The moments would feel endless, though in truth the time passed quickly. It was Caedyn's mind that waned under the duress of the practice. With the Je'daii, his focus had been in Stav Kesh and Qigong Kesh; the Healing Arts had never been his major. By the time he was satisfied that he had brought Kyra's suffering to an end, he was feeling rather light headed and so their sparring match would have to wait for another day.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra quaked underneath him, not out of pain for he had spared her, but out of fright.

She had just been stunned, and while the muscle cramps and her bit tongue were going to be all sorts of regret come morning, she was largely okay. His reaction to the situation added a whole new layer to the experience, his distress tangible to her as their energies exchanged. His own reaction left her doubting her own health, and stunned as she was, she possessed no way of checking if she was okay. She was trapped.

The moment passed fast, but it felt like an eternity. She spilled out across the floor as he muscles released, her hands jumpy as she ran them across herself. All limbs there? Check. Her face-- fine. Her hand? She looked down at her palm, the skin red and muscles still tense and straining under the skin.

But whole. And fine.

She looked up at Caedyn, clutching her hand to her to stop the shakes. "Please leave that out of the report.” She croaked.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
The relief in Caedyn upon realizing that Kyra Perl Kyra Perl was going to be fine, washed over him in an evident display; Perhaps due to his feeling rather light headed that he neglected to mask his feelings, he rocked back a little and placed a hand behind himself to steady his position upon the floor.

The Bondar Crystal within her Lightsaber had produced an unexpected effect, and Caedyn had reacted in fright and alarm rather than steeling himself as he should have done. Kyra was thankfully okay, yet the unknown attributes had greatly surprised him and resulted in him practicing an ability that was probably to be considered overkill for what little actual harm might have been dealt to her.

"Yeah, I think we can leave this one off the books" Caedyn replied under his breath, a little embarrassed and feeling sheepish for his overreaction. "Although, you should know that I only write reports following assignments in the field and incidents that break Temple conduct..." He informed her for her hopeful peace of mind.

"I'm just glad that wasn't a full-frequency saber..." he added, speaking under his breath.

Kyra shivered, pulling herself up to a proper seated position, her leg tucking into her chest as they both.... tried... to calm back down. He felt all types of out of sorts now, a fact which rippled across her senses, the girl picking up more than just echos of his emotions now that their energies had been so intrinsically tangled.

She heaved a few breaths, then placed her palms on the ground, banishing the lightheartedness.

"I thought we were suppose to remain calm," she stated mischievously, the girl giving him a knowing look as their hearts pounded inside their bodies. She coulda said more in that moment, but some quips were just too juicy to let pass.

She grinned.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn couldn't help but loose an abrupt laugh at Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's sudden humor, both pleased to see her opening up a little to their working together, as well as her clearly feeling well enough to crack a joke at his expense. "If that was your idea of getting the jump on me, I've gotta give you credit..." he remarked with a smirk, shaking his head in mock-dismay.

"Honestly though...-I may have over-reacted a little" he admitted, glancing to her Lightsaber that lay upon the ground nearby; "That's not the standard Lightsaber is it?" he asked, though it was more of a rhetorical question. She'd already proven as much. "A typical training saber shouldn't have dropped you like that. Atleast not when set to low frequency...-And even then".

Glancing back to Kyra, he chuckled quietly to himself; "Can't say I've seen a Student try to do that during a sparring match before...".

"You did it first!" She shot back, her hand still shaking in an almost comical manner as she brought the saber back to her. "It's a Bondar crystal. I use to use it on field missions till I was ready for the real thing, and, well. It's a lot more handy than just giving someone a light burn." She turned it off, her fingers stroking it tenderly for a moment as she reminisced on a few fun take outs she had achieved with it. She had thought he had negated the affects somehow. She hadn't imagined he had left the effects and circumvented them touching him.

Her cheeks flushed red as she looked up at him. "How did you do that by the way? And don't just say you'll tell me one day! I wanna know now," she insisted, a stubborn lilt to her chin.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Had Kyra Perl Kyra Perl actually landed a successful blow during their sparring match, Caedyn realized the shock of the saber's impact would've given him a far harder bite than he'd bargained for. She of course hadn't warned him, which only made him grin further. He'd have to keep an eye on this one, for what other tricks she might have hidden away.

"It's certainly preferable than losing a hand...-I use a Bo Staff for similar reasons when on assignment" he replied with a hint of approval in her choice of Crystal. Immobilizing an opponent was always going to be favored over the prospect of taking a life to a member of the Order, no matter what branch or Jedi Organization one came from.

"As for how I stopped your blade...-That sounds awfully a lot like something a Knight would seek to teach their Apprentice".

Kyra's expression faltered, her grin dropping to dread at the turn of the conversation. Her stomach churned, the girl giving an uncomfortable squirm on the floor as it struck her quiet. Without her sharp words or quick sass, she looked distinctly smaller. Vulnerable, actually. Like a peacock without its feathers. She was fresh out of bravo sitting there recovering on the floor with him. Instead she grew quiet, her voice tightening.

"Well then I don't care," said the girl that had been so curious she touched a saber blade to find answers.

She cleared her throat, burning her nervous energy by forcing her weakened limbs into standing.

"You look weird. I'll fetch a healer."

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's expression flattened as he watched Kyra Perl Kyra Perl withdraw into herself immediately after his remark. He'd been making progress too, yet perhaps he shouldn't push his luck. Small steps...

"Don't worry about me, Kyra...-Though I do appreciate it" he thanked her, a wave of his right hand triggering the doors locking mechanism to detach and allowing the entrance to the room to open with a mechanical hiss; "I think that'll do us for the day" he added in conclusion. The rest would do them both some good. Time to process and consider his next steps.

The Padawan's family name was a familiar one to Caedyn as there was a particular Joza Perl Joza Perl that had been involved in the Outer Rim Coalition last he knew, before it had become the Outer Planets Alliance. He'd never had any contact with the Woman though it was enough today to make him wonder how alike she and Kyra might be, and if Kyra would ever consider a trip to Svivren and a bit more of an eye opener regarding the Outer Rim Territories.

He was of course getting ahead of himself however. Caedyn wished to earn Kyra's trust...-And she'd been burned already, so she was exceptionally quick to raise her guard at present. The Jedi Knight could understand the Assembly's concerns if her behavior towards him was shared by other mentors as well.

He was determined however. He saw a potential there that ought not to be squandered.

At the first sign of being released, Kyra scattered without a look back.

The strange Knight from the outer rim wasn't paid much mind as the days passed. Things had ended on a more neutral note, and in lue of him expressing another time they were to meet, she figured he had had his full of her and left back for his home. Where ever that was. She didn't care. Kyra was too busy trying to get through her classes. With Acaadi back from the Halls of Healing, it was becoming increasingly harder to avoid him and the others.

Why'd she have to have such persistent friends?

She tried be meaner, and for those that didn't know her well, it worked. For everyone else she had just taken more extreme measures of trying to avoid all together, which often meant darting through the halls at peculiar times and skipping breakfast. It worked for her. But it did also place her in very strange places at equally odd hours, the girl taking her stealth mission a step too far and dropping out of the ventilation system in a usually deserted hallway by the cafeteria. She was hungry, and Acaadi usually waited outside by the doors.

She gave a huff as she landed lightly, her training gear askew and her hair standing up on end from static. She batted it down, her fingers catching on the slim padawan braid at the nap of her neck.

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
Over the days following their sparring session, Caedyn had chosen to give Kyra Perl Kyra Perl some space and instead focused on some liaison work with those back home in the Enclave of Svivren. By this, he liaised with them via way of holo-Com, live-feed communications where those on either end of the transmission would be in view as, you guessed it, a hologram projection.

Much of his time had been spent within his old quarters, those of which were situated not far from where Asaraa Vaashe Asaraa Vaashe had previously resided. The familiar sight of the halls often made him reminisce on times where they saw each other far more frequently and he still struggled with the distance between them nowadays. As a Jedi Knight, he did his best to ignore the longing of her company, yet in the quiet days, this was most difficult. There was only so much paper-work that one could do before becoming distracted and letting their mind wander...

Subsequently, this had led him to the decision of socializing with some of his peers in the Cafeteria.

There was a rumble somewhere above him as he walked the hall, the sound of flimsy metal bending against something heavy, that peculiar pop of a panel before it snapped back into place causing Caedyn to slow in his walk, his eyes up at the ceiling following the sound of something moving overhead.

Reaching the Ventilation grill that opened up into the hallway with the flow of air from the conditioning units, Caedyn came to a complete halt as the panel began to open. His mouth opened to say something, the desire to call out whomever was up there but at the risk of scaring it off, he instead waited to see what would become of the bizarre situation.

Of all people...-He should have guessed. Kyra Perl landed lightly upon her feet with her back to him. Why she was up in there, Caedyn had no clue, although he imagined she'd be just as surprised to find him there.

"Hello Kyra...-Nice of you to drop in".

Kyra started violently, reeling to face the voice of-- "Aw chite," she cursed openly, her cheeks turning a darker pink than usual. Of all the people! She flustered in place, desperately out of sorts of being caught, and by Caedyn no less.

"I thought you were already gone!" She complained, as if he was the one that broke protocol and put her in this situation. She nearly got mad at him for it, but then she realized the situation was salvageable. She could still lie.

She straightened right up, yanking her clothing down and composing her features as if she was some military officer. "I was just checking the vents. Someone reported rats. ... Good news! Found none!"

Last edited:

Caedyn Arenais

C
"I did go home for a couple of days..." Caedyn admitted, shrugging a shoulder in indifference; "But you're going to have to put up with me for the foreseeable future, I'm afraid" he informed her. There was no negotiating that fact, the Jedi Knight was feeling rather determined to get through to the Padawan.

Truth be told, he didn't entirely know what he saw in her as of yet, but there was certainly potential there yearning to be unleashed. He could understand why Yuroic saw promise in the girl, though also why he had lost his patience with her...Mental fatigue and all.

"You do realize we have droids and maintenance staff for this sort of thing, yes?" He asked her, his head tilting in skeptical regard. He didn't believe any of it, of course. Though as to why she had gone to some lengths, he also held no answers there and so went to no real effort to figure it out.

"I was just on my way to get something to eat...-I don't suppose you'd be interested in joining me?" he asked, clearly trying his luck. Of course, he didn't expect he'd find much of any, instead waiting on her to brush him off in some way, as though she couldn't wait to be rid of him.

Kyra Perl Kyra Perl

Kyra froze in place, like a deer in headlights as he made his request for her to join her. "Uh- well you see-..." She glanced over her shoulder, the faint smell of food reaching her from down the hall. Her stomach snarled nastily, dashing the concept of saying she had already eaten. Avoiding people was hard work.

And she was just so tired.

Her shoulders slumped for a moment, the girl feeling trapped. But then an idea reached her, and life sparked back into her limbs once again. "Okay!" She declared, breaking out into a grin. Acaadi wouldn't interrupt a meeting with a elder~ Of the two evils, she'd dine with Caedyn any day. She had to protect Acaadi.

Caedyn? Eh. Whatever. He'd handle his own.

"Well lets go then." She turned on her heal, walking forward with no further explanation.

Foooooooooooooooooooooood.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn's mouth opened a little in surprise as Kyra Perl Kyra Perl turned and began for the Cafeteria. He hadn't expected that at all, for her to actually agree to spending further time with him...'I'm never going to figure you out' he thought within, though didn't speak his mind as he didn't want to burn his own luck. Stepping forward in tow, he moved to follow her into the vast room lined with tables and various members of the Silver Jedi eating their meals and chatting away to each other. It was by all means a truly pleasing sight to behold, all of them at ease and enjoying themselves. Another day in the Silver Rest.

"Wonder what's still up for grabs..." Caedyn chuckled softly as they moved towards the serving trays, a smorgasbord of dishes filled with various cooked foods, plates stacked and cutlery there for their choosing. He'd half expected to find much of it all gone with the amount of others within the Cafeteria, yet it seemed the droids and students who volunteered to help prepare the meals, were regularly bringing new, fresh servings out for their culinary pleasure.

"Any suggestions?" he asked, glancing to Kyra with a grin.

Kyra had charged full steam ahead, forcing the Knight to move quickly or be left in the dust. She looked over her shoulder continuously, alert for a flash of green skin-- a sign that it was time to duck! No such color caught her attention as she approached the food bar, her shoulders relaxing ever so slightly. An overreaction, then?

"Hm?" She looked up at Caedyn, realizing then that he had been talking to her. "...Oh. Um. I dunno. The cookies are great. And cake. It's still cold enough for hotcoco." She grabbed a plate, her eyes on the desert section. But perhaps to his surprise she did not push ahead, her shoulders turn with intention towards him. Anyone watching would clearly see she was engaged in his company.

"Come one, I'll show you," she urged, saliva hitting her mouth.

Caedyn Arenais

C
"You seem to be in an awfully good mood...-Not that I'm complaining" Caedyn remarked as he waited in-line alongside Kyra Perl Kyra Perl . He didn't share her enthusiasm over the desert section so soon before eating actual food, so instead he took his plate, a pair of utensils and served himself a dish of delicious looking beef covered in a thick sauce, with a side of salad.

"Call me old fashioned, but I think I'll eat something real before I go crazy on the sweet stuff" Caedyn said with a wide grin, though waited for Kyra to collect her helping before looking to find themselves a table. There were many available, and certainly with a number of others they could sit and talk with. It'd be interesting to see how she socialized and who she spent her time with, if not those whom had attended his class.

"Any particular preference for seating?" He asked, figuring she'd taken him this far, he might as well leave the choice in her hands for this one too.

Kyra paused, looking around with pursed lips for the best place to go undisturbed. She caught sight of her friends, two green and one made of sand, sitting easily at a table by the large windows. Kyra turned on a dime, immediately redirecting him the other way.

"Yeah, this way." She weaved and bobbed quickly, forcing him to keep up or be lost once again, until she came to a pause at a table in the way back. It was tucked behind a pillar and free from most eyes. Small, only seating for two, Kyra plopped her tray down and quickly tucked herself in, glancing to make sure she remained out of eye sight as she sat down.

Satisfied, she gave Caedyn a tight smile and dug into a cookie with no further ado. Starving. She was so hungry.

Caedyn Arenais

C
Caedyn took his seat, that which was more visible to the rest of the room than Kyra Perl Kyra Perl 's. Noticeably so...-Was she going out of her way to avoid socializing with the other students, or was this her norm? Judging by the reactions of her peers during the lesson, he would've expected her to lead the Jedi Knight into a table filled with trash talking teenagers bashing one of the latest lessons or something of that likeness.

"Am I sensing some sort of ulterior motives here, by any chance?" Caedyn asked out of suspicion; "Don't get me wrong, I'll jump at the chance to sit down and have a friendly conversation with you, but I have to admit this seems a bit out of character compared to our previous sessions" he looked to her gingerly, concern in his eyes for how she might be doing after the reported incident and subsequent trauma.

Caedyn was curious and considerate to a fault. He could've ignored it and just enjoyed the opportunity but instead he had to question the situation out of concern that something else was bothering the Padawan. He couldn't help but suspect her sudden acceptance of his company was spurred on by means of another issue, something he couldn't place without her admission.

Kyra flushed, her chewing slowing as she looked up at the Knight meekly.

"...Noooooooooo, no moooooooooooootives. This is a great place to sit. Quiet. You can meditate and stuff, you're old, you like that, right?" Her throat suddenly felt overwhelming dry. She reached for her cup of soda, using both hands to chug it down. All of it. No space for more conversation there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom