Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Find Your Footing

Sazo chuckled darkly, looking out of the window.

"Didn't say it was my last minute decision", she clarified. "Me coming here was...political. But I always wanted to fight the Bogan, as my parents before me. As the clan dedicates itself to doing. And the Jedi have fought the Bogan for over a thousand generations.

"I've heard the stories of the Jedi Knights, but it always seemed so...fanciful. Laser swords and all that. But the Jedi never really came to Haruun Kal that much, not even after the Confederacy vanished. So all we had were stories from veterans from The War. And now, I'm here, and it's exciting. To be here, to learn about the Force making a real difference..."

She looked back at Aris.

"...But outside of protecting the weak and annihilating the Bogan, I'm honestly still learning about what a Jedi is. Stripping it away the myth from the reality, you know?"

Aris Noble Aris Noble

xiqfVVX.png

"Oh."

Was the deep insight Aris had to offer for her explanation. He was surprised, of course. Bogan wasn't a term many used in this day and age unless they were on Tython, or from the Crusade. But then again, he was still learning a lot about the different cultures of the Galaxy. Rather than thinking more on it, he smiled. Just a little smile as he similarly found something outside the speeder to look at.

"People with super powers trying to help. Normal people, at that. Moms and dads, sons and daughters, everything in between. That's all they really are."

Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

Sazo let out a thoughtful 'mhmm', as the speeder came to a stop in a front of the burger joint. It looked respectable from the outside, nothing too seedy, and it wouldn't break the bank.

"People with super powers, trying to help. That's fair, I suppose. Do you think Jedi are doing a good with that? Helping? Do you think there is something the Jedi should be doing, but isn't?"

"Also, whatcha eating?", she said, glancing over to Aris and motioning to the assorted items highlighted above as they made their way to the counter.

Aris Noble Aris Noble

xiqfVVX.png

"I think they have the advantage of people already believing in their good will. It's much easier to help people who are willing to let you." As for what the Jedi should be doing? Aris frowned in thought. He had no idea, honestly, and it showed by his expression. None the less he was trying to think of something for an answer. He didn't. But he did blink before reaching down to take up a menu and pointed towards the burger.

It was basic, but good in his eyes.

"This."

Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

Sazo nodded, and rattled off Aris & her order- a burger, with a helping of Corellian Cheese Fries. She raised an eyebrow when the humanoid server vanished around the corner, and returned with their meals in short order.

"So", she said, scooting into a booth. "I'd love to here about your friends. What type of things to y'all get up to?"

Aris Noble Aris Noble

xiqfVVX.png

"Braze and I spar some times. Zaiya and I are planning to travel around and find different burgers like this, but more unique. The galaxy is pretty big with different choices. .. I'm still figuring out a lot on how to hang out with friends. And be a good friend." Aris frowned a little in thought as he leaned back in the booth. Him and Braze Braze had their sparring, but they didn't tend to do much else, did they? At least him and Zaiya Ceti Zaiya Ceti had more plans on how to hang out. Maybe he needed to better think these things out.

"What about you?"

Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

Sazo glanced down, then glanced back at Aris.

"I had some friends- some nidôsh- "clan-child" or "orphan"- and some not. We mostly...trained. Dreamed about the world beyond Haruun Kal was like. What it would be like to grow and not worry about having to fight the Confederacy, or some corporation trying to steal your ancestor's land all of the time. Kind of starting over a little now. New world, new life, new responsibilities...so I gotta make new friends."

She hesitated.

"And for what it's worth, I think that actively trying to be a good friend, is pretty thoughtful. I'd be honored to have a friend like you, Aris."

Aris Noble Aris Noble

xiqfVVX.png

That.. Was a worry she had to grow up with?

Aris blinked as he glanced up from his burger, still half chewing as he very obviously looked surprised. He'd read about it, of course. Words where this was a problem still. But he hadn't expected it. He didn't like the idea that there were people who lived with such troubles. It wasn't right. Nor did he like the idea that it had happened to someone he considered a friend.

He swallowed before giving a small smile. He wasn't going to bring up the subject anymore than she had. It was her past, not his. But he still smiled. "I would like to be your friend, yes. I'm still figuring out what that means, but I'd like it."

Sazo Vass Sazo Vass

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom