Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lahn_zpsfsdybrqp.png
Region: Outer Rim​
Sector: No Sector​
System: Lahn System​
It had been two weeks since the catastrophe on Docking Station Z22F. The galaxy had no reaction to this event, it was just like a star burning out into a white dwarf. People came and went, the docking station was just as busy as before Jayce and Kevros showed up. Jimmy's position was filled by a man named Reese White, running just as smoothly as the day the past chief left it. Things were quiet, nothing was stirring and no plots where being hatched. Everything had gone stale once more. That is, until Jayce found Master Monarch on Lahn.

***​
Jayce lands on Lahn after the battle on the station.
Looking at the wooden shack that stood before him, the young man was in disbelief. Visions showed him the path to this place, they had brought him to warm weather and cooling winds. It had seemed like an eternity to get to this point. Kevros and Jayce have almost died on two separate occasions, but the journey was over now. Kevros wasn't here but he would be eventually, Jayce was sure of that. The vision the Sith spoke about popped into Jayce's head. I saw us both die. Fear gripped the young man, he soon released it. Dying was a part of life, when you die, you truly become one with the Force. Jayce didn't think about those thoughts anymore. His task was clear, find Monarch.

Jayce approached the small cabin, grabbing his saber hilt just in case. The wind seemed to pick up as he got closer to the door, almost like a warning sign. Being polite, he knocked.

"Oh what the kark? Who could that be?!" The mystery man sounded angry. Swinging the door open, a frustrated man looked right into Jayce's soul. "Can I help you?"

"Hello Sir." Jayce stuttered with his words. "My name is." He was cut off.

"I know who you are. Jayce Ragnos Vitalus, the son of Lily and Nathan Vitalus. You're mother made your middle name Ragnos because she admired the ancient Sith Lord, even though she was a Jedi. She hoped you would be just as strong as him one day. Now I'll ask again. Can I help you?"

"I was wondering.." Cut off once again.

"Listen boy. I know why you are here. You want to learn the force ability, Electric Judgement."

"Then why ask.." Once again, shut down mid sentence.

"I'm asking how can I help you." The stern man replied.

"I want you to teach me the technique." Jayce finally getting a complete sentence in the conversation.

"Very well. Kovani will be asking the same thing I'm sure. Except being a Sith will alter the ability."

"You know about." The shut down began again.

"I know all. The Force is a strong ally when trying to know things before they happen." The old man began to walk to the small kitchen. "Come in. I'm sure you are hungry after that little skirmish on the docking bay."

"Sir." Jayce speaking while walking inside the quaint little cabin. "If I may say, that was more than just a skirmish."

The old man turned around to gaze at Jayce. "Son. When you've been a real battle, little boxing matches like those are hardly of any consequence. Now let's stop the chit chat and get down to business. First before you can learn the move, we must get your aura back into harmony."

Jayce looked at Monarch with utter shock. "You know about." Catching himself before he was cut short again. "I didn't mean for it to happen. I lost control."

"Well, you were facing my old apprentice. You lost that fight before you even begun." Monarch showing little to no emotion in his statement.

"I killed my best friend." Jayce slipping back into sadness.

"Yes. Those things tend to happen when someone is untrained. You've done well to keep your aura in check but the Darkside cannot be underestimated. It will find any flaws you have and feed on them. Sith know they are flawed, those the madness is not so unusual to them. But to a Gray Jedi, proper training is strongly recommended."

Jayce looked puzzled. "Gray Jedi?"

"My dear boy, you're joking right? Oh my... You're serious?"

Cocking an eyebrow to the old man, Jayce began to ask but stop himself because Monarch probably knew the answer.

"Okay. A Gray Jedi is a person who uses the light and the dark. Walks the line if you will. I've seen you call yourself a Dark Jedi but that couldn't be further from the truth. You are a Gray, no doubt about that. Dark Jedi use the Darkside when it is necessary. You believe it is the balance, a part of yourself as it were. Glad we cleared that mess up." The old man chuckled.

"So, I'm a Gray Jedi. That's new." Jayce looked at his saber hilt.

"Ah. The saber you found in that old temple. Red is an interesting choice but not uncommon. A real crystal would speak to you however. Gets annoying sometimes."

Jayce looked to the old man once more. "I would like for us to get started on that first, if that is okay."

"Well we can't really begin until we do. As long as your aura is in knots, so will you be."

Walking to the fireplace near the south end of the shack, pressing the fire with an iron poker. Glancing back at Jayce, he spoke once more. "Shall we begin?"

The two man journey out into the field. The climate was calm again. Master Monarch stopped half in the field and pointed to a large rock. Jayce looked at it with confused eyes.

"Here you will learn to control your emotions. You must sit here until Kevros gets here. I must warn you, the storms here get pretty insane." The old Jedi was chuckling again.

"So wait. Sit here for God knows when?" Jayce was a little upset at this.

"You will learn to control your emotions even when your environment doesn't allow it. Now sit or I will do what Ravac did at the temple." The stern look was back again.

Jayce sat down on the large boulder. Placing his hands in a meditation state, he closed his eyes and waiting. Monarch walk away back to his cozy little cabin and waited for the other one to arrive. Once Kevros arrived, Monarch figured Jayce would be in complete control of his emotions. His true reason for being on Lahn would come to pass soon enough.

***​
During the two weeks of meditation.​
The first few days were fine. Dehydration wasn't a concern for Jayce because his new master brought him plenty of water. Monarch would always wait till the breaking point before giving the young Gray Jedi his next drink. The days after that were becoming a problem. Rain storms were the biggest concern. Wind moving at twenty miles per hour and lightning crackled through the sky. Jayce just sat there, hands crossed, eyes closed. Small branches began to smack him in the face. Anger set in. Taking a deep breathe, he then exhaled the frustration away. On sunny hot days, it was like his skin was going to melt off. Birds and other creatures began to huddle around him. The Gray Jedi was a living statue. The animals didn't leave until the next drink was presented to him. It was agonizing. His stomach hurt and he felt like giving up over a hundred times. He couldn't however. If he wanted to learn Electric Judgement, he must do as the old man asked. There was no going back. On the next drinking session, Monarch spoke to Jayce but not before telling him not to speak.

"I want you to think about Jimmy the next time a rain storm happens. When it does, let the sadness of that loss flow away with the wind." The old man turned back to his home and left Jayce alone again.

The next night, a storm happened. He knew, Jayce thought to himself. The visions of Jimmy crying to him began to spread through the Gray Jedi's mind. He almost let out a gut wrenching cry. But he held fast to his position, not giving in to the emotions. He felt the pain slipping away after each memory was exploding with fury inside his mind. The next few days were hot with cold nights. Looking to the Force, it spoke to him. We are all one. There is no light without the dark. There is no dark without the light. Like the setting and rising of the sun, they are connected. Never one, without the other. The serenity of this training was calming. It was the thing Jayce needed.
***​
Present.​
Monarch showed up next to Jayce once more. "Today is the day."

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Lahn...

Beach%20Lahn.jpg

It was a tropical planet filled with oceans, to go with them, beaches. The heat was a notable feature, the dry winds of the high temperate afternoons and chilling nights caused the most vicious of storms. The lay of the land was perfect for any tourist looking for a relaxing day. The pollution of the planet was low, the main cities among the surface had declared a healthy planet pact. Something that prevented chemical gases, melting toxic metals and any other harmful airborne activities. With all the information provided by Jayce, Kevros landed near the lonely shack.​
The ramp slowly released into the hot air, the sandy terrain gleaming back him. Kevros hated the heat, he'd rather freeze to death before burning alive. Looking to the small wooden shack he shook his head. Looking down at the datapad he checked to make sure he got the coordinates right. Making Taric fly the ship since Beth's unfortunate death, Kevros hoped things would soon look up.​
Walking through the slopes of sand he reached the front of the tiny structure. He knocked on the door, no one seemed to be home. The small window was just low enough for Kevros to peek in, a small desk nestled in the corner. A large book resting on top.​
That's what I need....
With little concern for where Jayce or Master Monarch were he forced himself into the front entrance. A slow creak being drawn out as the door eventually stopped. His boots made a hollow echo as he walked along the frail planks that made up the floor. Reaching the desk he examined it closely, medical tape holding the old antique together. Snatching the book up he felt a rush of power, the force was present, now more than before.​
The hailing winds of the planet spoke to him, telling him that the one they called Master Monarch would soon arrive. Quickly making his way to the exit he closed the door. Tucking the book under his arm he concealed it. Looking out in the distance he saw them, two figures making their way back. Pillars of angular rocks towered high in the distances. The clashing of the ocean waves filling his mind was calming. The energy radiating from them was balanced, perfectly tuned to both sides of the force. It was more empowered than before.​
So he finally did it...
Kevros knew that killing wasn't for his recent partner in all of this, he wasn't twisted, nor took pleasure in the acts of the dark sides power. Since Jimmy, Jayce had to find himself. Kevros however was already too far gone, the innocents he slayed to reach such a pivotal moment outweighed the good. He heard the tiny clicks of the book underneath his arm. As if the book was trying to open on its own without the necessary key. Covering it up a little more Kevros fixed his posture, his gold mask shining back at the sun as he waited.​
Soon, I'll have exactly what I Want.
[member="Jayce R. Vitalus"]

Sitting on a boulder for two weeks made Jayce feel stiff. His legs weren't replying to the commands he was giving them. They felt like two sticks just being crushed under the weight of his body. Master Monarch was getting impatient.

"Will you hurry up?" The old man had a vein popping out of his forehead.

"Have you ever sat in one spot for two weeks straight?" Jayce replied with a little hostility.

"Three months is the record right now."

Shocked, Jayce just gazed back at his legs. Rubbing them helped get the feeling back but he know that once he started moving, there would be a feeling of pins and needles. They started to walk, Master Monarch was stepping a little faster than the young Gray Jedi. Blades of grass were slowly pushed over by the wind. The sun gleamed brighter now that Jayce finally opened his eyes. The meditation helped control the chaos inside him. His auras were in perfect alignment again. Serenity pulsed within him and it was relaxing. The cottage slowly came into view. The door appeared to be open. Kevros was waiting outside.

"Just couldn't wait, could he?" the somber old voice said. "It's going to take an hour to fix that." Slugging himself back to the tiny shack, Master Monarch waved both of the men to come inside. The broken door creaking as it opened.

"Well it's nice to finally get a clear look at that hunk of metal." Monarch walked towards the fireplace, poking the logs with the iron poker. "The book you grabbed is a nice little atonement to my life. But you would do better just accepting my training. The book slows you down a bit." The grimoire rose from Kevros' side and landed back on the desk. The old man chuckled.

The Master turned around to examine the two boys who had been seeking him out all this time. "Greetings!" There was a sudden joy in his voice. "My name is Master Joshua Monarch. I was born in a little system outside the mid ring. No need to go there, quite boring. I will be your instructor for the next month. From me, you will gain the knowledge you seek." He pointed to Kevros. "Force Lightning for you." Turning to Jayce. "And Electric Judgement for you. Now, before we get started do you have any questions? Maybe an apple for your teacher?" His odd brand of sarcasm made Jayce snicker.

"Master." The Gray Jedi started. "How long will we be safe here? You said Ravac was your apprentice. Maybe he got wind of our plans here?" There was a sudden awkwardness in the room.

"Eh, don't worry about that stick in the mud. He won't get here for another month."

Jayce knew that Monarch had already foreseen Ravac's arrival.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Kevros felt the book tug a bit as Jayce reached the door. Before he could restrain the movement of the large tome it slipped out from under his arms. The old man walked into his humble abode, grabbing a iron poker he continued to ramble on. Sarcastic in his ways, Kevros grew impatient with the man. The idea of stabbing him in the chest flashed in his mind before the old geezer finally finished. He knew that Master Monarch was beyond his capabilities and as such reconsidered. The thought of learning from such an obnoxious man made Kevros willing to bail, but there was no time for such pride to stand in his way of learning the fruits of Monarch's labor.

The heat was as he expected, turning to Jayce he grinned. He didn't realize that such a Master would be able to fix the broken soul that Kevros planned to alter. It mattered little now, Jayce could have been a great Sith, but now it seemed never would be. Shifting his attention back to Master Monarch he crossed his arms, knowing that any test he presented would be simple compared to his real master's teachings.

"How are we supposed to trust your word?" Kevros' voice was stern. "And, if I choose to train for a month. With the likes of you.....I will not tolerate games." Kevros turned around to look back at the crashing waves, pointing to them he finished. "Wasting my time will teach you that the sea is very unforgiving. You may be years beyond me, but I will not be made a fool of."

Kevros was showing his true colors, nothing was ever so gray with him. There was either the black or the white, and Kevros was the manifestation of the two evils. His mind had been twisted since he fell upon the ancient holocron in his teen years. Hunger is what kept him going, a hunger that seemed to never die. Complicated when it came to such things, Kevros wasn't normally your typical partner.

No.

He was at heart, a killer.....and nothing could change that, not even Master Monarch.

"Ah yes, the hatred for Humans still burns hot inside you I see." Master Monarch looking inquisitively at Kevros. "You know, your past makes it justifiable but you should really tone down on it."

The tomb began to slowly rise from the table again. It hovered in front of the old man, almost like it was sitting on an invisible podium. The book opened and the Gray Jedi Master began to read from it. "This memoir is the embodiment of the force. In this, I will explain how I came to learn the powers of Force Lightning and how I adapted it to make Electric Judgement. Whoever reads these series of notes and life experiences will gain the knowledge of both abilities. Jedi be warned. The council does not approve of the darkside's corruption." He looked back up at the two boys.

"Just the way it was written in my vision. Word for word." Jayce said with a sense of pride.

"Okay then. We'll eat and then begin with the training." Completely ignoring the youth.

Jayce's stomach began to growl with intensity. "Please!" He shouted. The pain of not eating in two weeks had made his gut burn.

Master Monarch walked away from his invisible podium near the fireplace and stepped into the kitchen. The sounds of humming and jars opening fill the room, bouncing off the walls. In moments, the table was set with three plates of canned soup. "It will fill you but not over fill you. Don't need you throwing up in the middle of my teaching." The snarky attitude was back.

Sitting down at the table, Jayce began to churn the contents of the dish around. Noodles, vegetables from unknown regions and mystery meat were like a whirlpool in the bowl. Probably best if I don't ask. The young Gray Jedi grabbed the wooden spoon provided to him, filling it with the broth, and began to sip from it. This is pretty good. Anything would be good after not eating for a week, but it was of little concern to him. After eating half of the bowl, Jayce's head turned to Kevros. "You going to remove that silly mask and eat or stand there all day?"

Ignoring the wise old man, Kevros looked to Jayce feasting on the soup. The smell of it alone made him question Jayce's choices in life. Grinning under his mask he turned to walk out the shack. Kevros had eaten before reaching Lahn. It was a surprisingly effective way of diminishing the poison that had Kevros arrive so late. This was only a mere complication, seeing as how Monarch planned to train the both of them anyway. Before reaching the door he turned his head, his chin resting near his shoulder. His green eyes turning to venomous slits.

"I already ate." Fully turning his back, Kevros reached for the door. "I'll prepare in my own way, when you're done eating. You'll find me in the water. See to it that you are prepared Mister Monarch."

Kevros had a devastating fear of drowning, he always had. The idea of slipping away into the sea with little control over nature made him frightened. Everyone had their weaknesses, Kevros while had few, decided he would face his fear, feed on it. Starting now on the hot tropical planet of Lahn. The sound of the waves as he exited the tiny house made him shake his head. Looking out towards the ocean he looked over to his ship, Vize walking slowly down the ramp.

Sluggish and still depressed he was hunched over as he waved to Kevros. Trudging through the sand Vize reached Kevros' side.

"Sir." His voice was monotone. "How long will we be here for?"
"Looks like close to a month Vize. Why?" Kevros didn't have time for conversation.
"Very Well....Um...Sir?"
"What is it Vize?" Kevros' tone grew coarse.
"Forget it sir, I'm heading to the nearest town. I need a drink."
"Fine, I expect you back before nightfall."
"Aye, Sir!"

Vize made his way over the sandy hills, his soul crushed and broken. The loss of Beth would soon change him. The galaxy had a funny way of making particular people matter and Vize was one of them. Glancing back at the vast blue of the sea, Kevros walked into the tiny waves. Reaching the point to where his ankles were fully soaked, he knelled down on both knees. Closing his eyes he could feel the cool breeze of the ocean, the salty air spraying him with misty water. It was cold, the water slammed against him as he continued to focus.

The images of slipping away into the dark abyss of the depths below began to stir, the fear of drowning finally settling in. Kevros tried to embrace it, the world around him falling silent.

Fear would soon be another weapon of his own. Though it would take time, Kevros was growing, like a tidal wave in a nasty storm. Kevros was becoming one with the clashing water against his body.

Watching Kevros leave the chantey, Jayce turned to Master Monarch again. The old man was sitting in a chair made of red velvet, smoking off of a large oak pipe. Laughing to himself as he read a book that was titled, The secret to a good joke. The young Gray Jedi began to question if the master was completely sane.

Master Monarch was a casual old man who liked the simple things in life. His quiet little hut was a sanctuary that most men couldn't even possibly dream about. The bright sun, the cooling breeze and the green landscape. Paradise at its finest. In the past, Monarch was a member of the Jedi Council. Dark times were upon the Jedi back then, still really hasn't stopped either. This was before he became a Gray, this was before he even contemplated the powers of the darkside. His role was teaching younglings, he loved to teach. Some of his best pupils became powerful Jedi and did great things with their lives. He was happy, strange, but happy none the less. Till one day, a great battle took place. Hundreds of Sith with an army came to his temple. They ravaged it, destroyed it. Killing everything their eyes looked on. This is where he began to experiment with the darkside, it was his only choice. Using his emotions, he and his fellow Jedi drove back the darkness. Many were killed but it was a loss in knowledge, strength and students. It was a grim day but it got even worse. Monarch lost his seat on the council for using the darkside. Even though they won the battle, giving into the corruption was blasphemy in their eyes.

Monarch soon left the temple, never to return. He found the planet of Lahn, making this world his new home. From here, he learned to control the power he invested in and shaped it to his will. He learned many things in his time on Lahn, most importantly, how to control the lightside and dark. Becoming a Gray Jedi is never easy, you must be in complete control of your emotions. You can use them but not to the extent where your mind is saturated.

Looking up at Jayce, who was glaring at him, Monarch snapped his fingers. "Let's get to work." Walking over the creaky floor boards, the old man made his way to the door. Looking out at the beach, he saw Kevros sitting in the water. He's sinking deeper into the darkside, the madness is spreading. Jayce ran after the geezer and bumped into him at the door.

"Sorry master."

Grunting. "Watch were you're going. You must keep yourself focused." The two stepped out onto the shore, moving closer to Kevros. The golden mask glimmering in the sunlight.

"Okay, stop being a fool and let's get to your training. Once we are done, I'll explain why I was willing to train you in the first place."

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Nothing about the whole circumstance made sense, Jedi Master Ravac was a student of the one who sought to train them. Master Monarch seemed to have a witty appeal to him that Jayce latched onto. For Kevros, it was different, he already had a master willing to teach him, but some things he chose to learn on his own. The force willed it. It wanted him to come here to face his fears and learn the ways of Force Lightning.

The swell of the waves rose as Kevros continued to fight the flashing images. He was warped into the abyss, floating. Nothing was around him, no ship, nothing. All that seemed to exist was the easing motion of the sea. Salt seemed to find its way in his throat as he began to keep himself above the water. His mind had force him to face it, a giant tide reaching for the sun towering over him. Watching and helpless he waited. The curling bend of the tidal wave slowly formed, lifting his body into the undertow. Dragged under he gasped for a breath, the monstrous force of the water refused to allow him back to the surface. Thrown back and forth he was ascending up the transforming tsunami, reaching the top he shook his head begging for another breath. The vast wave was ready to slam him under, bracing for the worst part he was snapped back into the present.

"Okay, stop being a fool and let's get to your training. Once we are done, I'll explain why I was willing to train you in the first place."

Kevros stood. Soaked from waist to boot he grinned. Looking to the old Gray Jedi he lightly chuckled. He could feel the rush of the force deeper now, free from his shackled phobia he tilted his head.

"It takes a fool to know one...doesn't Mister Monarch." Kevros kicked his legs free his cloak spreading as he did. "I'm ready."

The surge of the dark side brewed like a cauldron, deep in the belly of his heart. Where fear would have to wait, lightning took its place.

The old man released a mighty chuckle. "Well, you got me there." His mood then completely switched gears, a serious tone took affect.

"Now both of you. Get to running."

It seemed the kind, sarcastic man was replaced with a drill sergeant.

***​

"Sir." Commander Varus saluted Master Ravac, who was cooped up in a medical bed.

"What news do you have for me Varus?" Ravac flinched. The agonizing pain was made worse when he spoke.

"We can't seem to locate the two force-users. It seems they have disappeared completely." Varus seemed calmer than usual. He knew something but wasn't sharing it.

"Did you locate my old master?"

"We tried that too but the search is inconclusive at the moment."

Suddenly, Japser appeared at the medical room's archway. "I know where they are."

Looking shocked, Varus quickly turned around and saluted.

Jasper was a Senior Commander of the 99th fleet for the Republic. She was good at tracking and finding people who didn't want to be found. The long ebony haired woman was a young beauty that relished in the idea of a swell hunt. Finding and capturing the two men who escaped her, made her thirsty for action. This is how she got to her position in the Republic, through blood, sweat and tears. Climbing the ranks was hard for Jasper. Being a woman made her a target for scrutiny and judgement. In the past, Varus screwed up badly on a mission, thus getting demoted to his current rank of Regimental Commander. He was placed under Ravac's command but before his demotion, he recommended Jasper to take his place. From then on, the young Senior Commander has the out most respect for her old Commander and never forgets what he did for her. Varus saw the struggles the young woman went through and respected her for it. To him, his decision was justified.

"I threw a tracking device on the Sith's ship. They are on the Lahn as we speak. Master Ravac, how would like to proceed?"

Reflecting, Flynt made a decision in a fraction of a second. "I am a humble man, but I will not sit here and let those two survive any longer. Jasper, when I am fully healed. The hunt is on."

Ravac was done playing around.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Like a whip the Gray Jedi's voice sent chills down his back. The idea of running seemed odd, especially to Kevros.

What did running have to do with using force lightning? What were the secrets behind Mister Monarch's actual teachings?

These questions rumbled deep in his mind. The questions scratched at him as he darted forward, listening to the old man behind him. Monarch shouted instructions as he ran. What he thought was being yelled at him was actually being told to him telepathically, Master Monarch invading his mind.

<<The drowning you fear so much will not be useful for this exercise. I commend you for facing such a disturbing phobia, however young man, this will force you to reach deeper than fear. Ha Ha.>>

Monarch's message seemed to ready him, his black boots pressing into the grainy sand as he ran. The sweat slowly dripped underneath his mask, his eyes set on one thing. A motionless rock far off in the distance. The spot he would learn to use his new power. Nothing would stand in his way now.

The store looked old, filled with dust from the many years they had been selling obsolete parts and guns for the locals of the Lahn village of Shimmering Falls, the royal guards of the Radiant Order once ruled here. A piece of history long forgotten. History was never a interesting subject with Vize. The idea of the eventual repetition of it made him sick, but really in his gut the only thing that made him feel worse was love.

At a first glance Vize looked like a bruiser, bulky, young in the face and shaved at the sides of his head. He had left his gear back on the ship, his dull maroon colored tee made him seem normal. His pants held a silver hue, strutting about made them seem loose and baggy. The only thing that truly alarmed others of his service was his utility belt holstering two pistols. Vize wasn't here on the job, at least not till trouble showed up. Service to him wasn't about the Pride, Glory, or even the money. For him since Beth walked onto the Interceptor he patiently sat by waiting to tell her how he felt. The words rang in his mind as he finally found the local cantina.

I knew you loved me...

Beth's voice, clear and daunting. Vize walked into the bar, rubbing his head from the thought of Beth. He needed a drink, a strong one.

"You've got to be kidding me." Cid said looking down at the medical probe.
"What is it now chump." Taric said, standing in the doorway.
"I lost the medicine I needed to give Kevros. Any exertion beyond what I told him could lead to another paralysis state."
"The last thing we need is a force user on our side, no less that can't fight."
"Taric i can make a new batch, Lahn has the right amount of vegetation at least geographically in terms of what i need in order to make another dosage. Permission to gather sir?"
"Aye, and be back soon. Something tells me Kevros isn't following the doctor’s orders. If you see Vize tell him I want my hundred credits, he lost fair and square."
"Sir I don't think....." Taric interrupted.
"Yea, Yea I know, I'll give him time..." Taric Sighed. "Now Scram."

Cid gathered everything he needed, throwing them into a small bag he ran out onto the sandy beach. In the distance he saw Kevros running. Stomping his foot he mumbled in irritation at the thought. Moving quickly to where the locations on his datapad had showed him before.

After sitting on a rock for two weeks, Jayce was thrown in the fray once again. Running wasn't dangerous, but with stiff legs, its was a pain. He didn't see how this would actually help with learning Electric Judgement. As he the words crossed his mind, something else entered it.

<<Do you doubt my teaching skills?>>

"What the hell?!" Caught off guard by the voice, the Gray Jedi almost tripped over himself. "Monarch?"

<<That's Master Monarch to you boy. Now stop thinking and run faster.>>

"You know old man? Why don't you.." Cut off by the echos in his skull.

<<Listen, I don't want to hear no jabber. You see that rock in the distance? Go to it.>>

Jayce viewed the aforementioned boulder sitting in the grass just a few clicks from him. Kevros was getting closer to it then he was. Why not spice this up a bit? Focusing the Force into his legs, Jayce took off like a bullet. The rock was in sight and Kevros' back was getting closer. Reaching out to the Sith, Jayce tapped him on the shoulder and raced for the crag. Passing the darkside user, he slid his way to victory. Sitting on the promised stone, laughing at Kevros.

<<Nicely done, you beat a man that had his knee broken. Oh and got blown threw a wall. Oh and..>>

Jayce cut the voice off. "I get it."

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

The pain in his inner knee still seemed to hold him back from fully reaching his fastest speed. Jayce had taken it upon himself to Force Speed his way to the top of the rocky terrain. Bragging and flaunting over his non-sequential achievement, Kevros rolled his eyes. The thought of dealing with two sarcastic and smart mouthed companions made him sneer. He knew that deep down he needed Mister Monarch in order to take on what was to come.

"Well now that you both have reached the training grounds. You'll both take those yokes and hoist them over your shoulders. The buckets are empty." He paused looking at both his subjects. "This is where things can get hairy. I want you to cause the heat around you to clash with the ocean breeze, this will cause an interesting effect. Something called precipitation, maybe you've heard of it."

He grabbed one of the yokes and lifted it to his shoulders. His eyes closed as the light breeze from the ocean swayed the wooden buckets. Before Kevros could see what happened, two small clouds formed over the buckets. Water pouring into them, he grinned, tossing them to the side as the water spilled out.

"The key for you, Jayce. Is that you must focus on the two forces you wish to never truly follow. The light and the dark are constantly clashing. Use this and you will truly find the friction in the force that we will require to continue."

Master Monarch shook his head, looking over Kevros.

"You...." Master Monarch hiccuped before continuing. "You need to understand that emotions aren't the only form of power to manifest force. With you, the trick will be to fully control anger. Focus on your failures, pain, and loss and imagine grabbing at them, imagine the force rubbing its way into your anger, only then will you be able to take hold of the abrasions that plague you. Remember that the light side isn't the only enemy. First one must control their own weapons before blaming others."

Master Monarch waved both the young force users toward the yokes, each awaiting their progress. The task wouldn't be easy, creating small cloud of precipitation out of the force was ludicrous. Even when Master Monarch learned the technique he needed four months. Kevros and Jayce needed to learn it in one. Master Monarch began to worry, skipping steps to attain such power was usually out of question, but they needed him.

If either of them can do this in one weeks’ time, we'll have plenty of time. Hopefully they don't die from exhaustion. Looks like I've gotten worse....lady luck needs to be on their side.

The training went on for four hours. Master Monarch left nothing off the table. Push-ups, Sit-ups and more running. Moving on from there, the training became about friction. "This is where things can get hairy. I want you to cause the heat around you to clash with the ocean breeze, this will cause an interesting effect. Something called precipitation, maybe you've heard of it." Jayce was red in the face, trying to catch his breath. Looking to Kevros, the golden mask showed no sign of emotion towards the exercise. Jayce's mother use to make him do this this type of practice back on Onderon, it was intense back then too. It seemed that the more they pushed themselves, the more Monarch piled on. Night soon fell and the cool air blew across the grass right to where the Gray Jedi was resting. Looking at the stars, he imagined finally attaining Electric Judgement. The coursing energy streaming from his fingertips. It will soon be mine.

"You done day dreaming?" Monarch asked with a sly voice.

"Master. When will we learn this power?' Jayce's tone was low as his eyes still glaring at the sky.

"Tomorrow. Tomorrow we will finally learn what you've been seeking for a long time."

"You know about me that well huh?"

"I've been watching you for a long time now Jayce. I've seen your future too."

"What did you see?"

"That's no fun. The future is a precious thing and telling you now might impact what you will do later. Just keep proceeding with your life. You'll see eventually."

Monarch held his hand out to Jayce. "Come on inside. You and Kevros deserve a rest." Turning his head to Kevros. "Let's go inside. We'll pick this back up tomorrow."

The two men went in the tiny shack for a good nights sleep. Tomorrow is the day of promise.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

"Let's go inside. We'll pick this back up tomorrow."

For Kevros sleep was a inconvenience, nothing not even his mortality would stand in the way of his training. The thirst for power grew and only till it was quenched would he waste his time dreaming. The only dream that truly motivated him was the same old holocron that made him who he was. Nestled nice and safely, the mere idea of finding out its secrets made him quiver. The dark side was a lush, enticing thing that the galaxy offered to those willing to take the steps with unrivaled ambition.

"I will not be resting tonight, save your speech for the Banthas. Sith have their way, you have yours."

"Very well, if you need anything at all..." Kevros interrupted Master Monarch.

"Leave me. I have others to attend too anyway that can be my rest. "

Soon night would come, the rushing breeze of the nearby ocean stirred him with worry. He felt it for a short time before the force called to him with fire, clashing around him as he focused. The surge of heat tingled through his arms, dying out before the prelude of something great, manifested before him. The thick wooden, yoke pressed on his shoulders as he continued to do as Monarch instructed. The feeling of hot iron in his veins dissipated, retreating back deep into his heart. Then as if the voracious waves below found their way into his fingers moisture formed at the tips of his fingers.

Well, it seems the old man knows what he's talking about. Water being formed through friction in the force, in order to eventually create lightning. Not bad. This must be the first sign of forming corporeal clouds above the buckets, smart.

Kevros needed a break, Master Monarch clearly knew that. Regardless he continued, his body sweating from the exertion due to the practician of the dark side. Not everyone had side effects, Kevros, however, at his stage of practice seemed weary. His skin began to form a sharp glisten, at least from the unveiled forearm areas of his attire. Taking in a deep breath he looked out into the distance, his emerald jewels for eyes following a small figure entering his ship.

Vize...At least he came back. Love can be a dangerous thing, I should probably keep an eye on him. Why waste time on such ridiculous things over power? Is it something only I seemed to lack, compassion? The galaxy and its inhabitants lack the drive, the drive for power, weak and burdened by relationships that simply cause carelessness. Or is it me that is blind to the truth behind love? I've read that love can be a powerful tool in the arts of the dark side. With loss of a loved one, any man sensitive enough to the force can turn heads.....It must be me. No one else to turn those heads.

Jayce leaned on the old wooden building, staring at Kevros. The Gray Jedi watched as the golden mask examined his fingertips. Liquid was forming as it was the first step to Monarch's master training. Jayce was angry because Kevros was accomplishing what he tried to do all along. But then again, the Sith was rejecting rest to accomplish it. Monarch was fast asleep, not knowing Jayce had snuck out to join his friend. The air was cold, dense in its own way. The moonlight shinning on the water made the night seem comforting. The dew on the blades of grass were like lights in a city planet. The time was right.

"If your going to stand there and continue to train, no sense for me not to as well."

Jayce began to concentrate on his fingers. Imagining the condensation forming around them, hoping to try and at least make some kind of friction. Tiny droplets seemed to appear, not at the same level as Kevros but it was a start. Jayce began to envision the crackling of lightning, the way the tendrils of energy flow through the air. Without warning, the memory of being shocked by Master Ravac's Electric Judgement flashed in his mind. The raw power of the attack sent Jayce flying back at the temple, now it made him get down on one knee. The vision was intense. Every part of it was burrowing deeper into his head. The sounds, the feeling of getting struck and the mussels contracting. It felt like it was happening at that very moment.

Suddenly, a tingling sensation was skimming across his fingertips. Jayce looked to see what was going on, there was nothing. Maybe that is another part of it all? Concentrating on the memory, the tingle arose again. He refused to look, it would vanish. The water formed more rapidly and tiny glimmers of light flickered. Jayce opened one eye to see what was happening in his hand, small lights danced on his fingers. Black luminescence. Turning his head to Kevros, the smirk on Jayce's face was reflecting of the golden mask that caught the moon's light. It is just as Monarch had predicted.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Chirps from all around him flowed in quickly as the night fell over them. Jayce had joined in the practice of forming clouds, above the two buckets that now were hunched over both their backs, the wooden yokes digging into them like a rough piece of sandpaper. His mind cared not for what was abound on his back, all that mattered was his goal. Lifting his head from his hands he looked to the stars, the breathtaking deep purple that formed in the sky made him relax. There were few beauties in the galaxy that seemed to calm him, the night sky had always been one. The sand below him lifted slightly, only to fall on top of his black boots. Kevros simply ingested the view and sighed. Taking a small break he stopped channeling the force.

"Jayce." The golden mask seemed to make his voice deeper. "The sky can tell you a lot about absolutely nothing. The view, however, can show you everything and remind us of how simple we are."

The words were heavy, filled with truth. The galaxy was large, gigantic even. The amount of stars that filled the sky represented a lifetime of individuals on different worlds capable of making an impact. It was a constant reminder of mortality. If deep space taught Kevros anything it was that getting out alive isn't just based on skill and the force, but luck as well. He always felt stuck in time, constantly searching for something better. The ancient holocron he had been gifted from the force sent him on a journey, a journey through hell. With little answers, Kevros had turned to the Sith. He knew the answers he sought were within the confines of their teachings. While intelligent enough to realize the side effects of such an endeavor, Kevros had become insane, twisted by visions of the dark side. Since that fateful day he was in the most convenient definitions, Awoken.

Clenching his fists he moved his head in a circular motion till a small cracking sound came from his neck. Kevros wasn't going to rest until the buckets were full by morning. He could sense the swerving conflict in the force. Just as the night fell, the moon had risen, revealing the landscape in a pale light. Kevros used that to his advantage, imagining the dark side as the night and the moon as the light side. You couldn't have one without the other. His fingers sparked, a small forming light stretched to his palm. Opening his clenched fists the electrical current dissipated once more. A small white sheet of fog slowly formed over the left bucket, swaying back and forth. The fog began to grow in density as a tiny, puffy cloud formed. Concentrating on the idea of filling the bucket he lost it, the cloud split in half by the wind. Drifted away by Lahn's cruel calling of Mother Nature.

Shaking his head he looked to Jayce. It seemed like he too, was making progress. Starting over, Kevros flinched for only a moment, a sharp pain reaching his chest. Unfazed he continued, the night's embrace swallowing the two striving students. Soon exhaustion would set in.

"The sky can tell you a lot about absolutely nothing. The view, however, can show you everything and remind us of how simple we are." Kevros' words fell on deaf ears. Jayce was to concentrated at what laid before him.

The image in his mind was blazing. The electric current sweeping through the air. Every breath was energy, ever moment was the force. It was getting darker and darker, till the sun started to rise. Pain was setting in, the excursion of strength becoming ever more exhausting. The black light on Jayce's fingers began to grew in girth. In a moment, it was like looking into the void and seeing the energy swirling around it. With blurry vision, the Gray Jedi looked at the tree sitting just by the water. Lifting his hands ever so slowly and extending his finger with struggle, he saw the light dance. Black circles encompassed his eyes. If this succeeded, it might kill him.

Gazing at the tree, the vision of lightning in his mind, he was ready. What started as a simple friction exercise was now a moment of truth. The air was dense, tiny sparks began to illuminate the patch of grass around him. The sun was barely above the mountains, when Jayce took his opportunity to strike down the tree. Taking a deep breath and using what remained of his strength, the young man was ready to complete the long await journey. A flash of light coursed through the open field, directly at the tree. Striking, the wood began to pop and fall victim to fire. Holding on to the power, Jayce felt the energy gradually leave his body. The tendrils of electricity were flowing into the timber with such aggression, chucks began to fly in every direction. The black lightning was dressing the field in darkness but also light. It was a sight to been seen but in Jayce's eyes, it was like watching a supernova just above the dying star's atmosphere.

The tree was soon blanketed in fire. The Gray Jedi looked in awe as the lumber began to die right before him. The light in his eyes was fading however. This new power was draining him to fast for him to even comprehend. Master Monarch soon erupted from his tiny cabin and starred directly at Jayce.

"You fool! Stop pumping energy into it!" The old man's voice was shouting louder than a Star Destroyer landing on a planet.

"I.... I can't sto....stop." Jayce's voice was shacking, he was losing too much strength.

"Forgive me then." Monarch force griped the young Gray Jedi's hand together. With tremendous force, he ripped the boys hands down and made Jayce wack his head off the ground. Knocking him out cold. Monarch moved over to his new apprentice and looked at him in silence, then spoke. "If I didn't do that, you would have killed yourself. Forgive me. I will do my best to heal you before you wake up." Monarch starred at Jayce for awhile, thinking to himself. The vision was true. The old Gray Jedi soon glared at Kevros, seeing if he was in any danger as well.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

Kevros knew he had done well in such a short time. The only thing that truly stood out now was Jayce. His ability to skip the entire practice and actually use the power they each sought was beyond him. How could one with such imbalance to one side of the force be more capable than him? The vast difference in their training methods must have been the key. Although, assumptions weren't his style. Instead Kevros would find his own way, the gray Jedi had reached a disturbingly unstable climax as the lightning lit the tree. The flames flickered crackling as they roared higher along the foundation of the trump. The years the old fruit tree stood were meaningless in mere seconds, scorched and yearning for Jayce to stop.

Master Monarch yelled trying to stop, Jayce from over committing to such a degree that he would eventually feel the presence of the dark side. Suppression was a tricky aspect for any Gray Jedi. As such Kevros no longer needed to worry about his progress. The main goal was control, this whole time it wasn't about the actual force power, it was about control. The lightning continued to spew from Jayce's finger tips. Jayce cried out to Master Monarch and in only a few short motions Monarch took care of it. Jayce falling unconscious.

"Don't look at me, I know what I'm doing." Kevros said stern and cold.

He couldn't belive that the Gray Jedi wasn't able to control the power of electric judgement. The black tendrils of light seemed to be unique to Jayce though, almost like a signature. Kevros hadn't seen many forms of the power, but Jayce's manifestation of it was a true sight to behold. Shrugging it off, Kevros turned his attention to the burning tree. The smoke rose to the night sky, a smile forming under the golden mask. One thought reached him as if the force whispered to him like he was younger.

Well Done...

His eyes began to open. Jayce had been unconscious for a couple hours. The air had a hint of burnt wood and the stars seemed to be blurred by faint lingering smoke. The Gray Jedi's eyes began to widen, the night sky becoming clearer, but pain soon flooded every inch of his body. In a scratchy voice, Jayce spoke.

"What happened." The words were hard to understand.

"You've taken your first steps to mastering the Electric Judgement," replied Monarch, who was sitting on large stone three feet away. His eyes leaving the sky to connect with Jayce's.

A smile sprang from the young man's face. His excitement knew no bounds. He tried to sit up but the pain quickly made his back touch back onto the ground. The feeling was intense, joy and agony swirled inside his body. The Gray Jedi found it to be very metaphoric and laughed. I have finally done it. After waiting so long and sacrificing so much, I have finally achieved it. Electric Judgement, you are finally mine. He could sense that he was slipping again. It eyes began to shut, though he tried his hardest to keep them open.

"Rest Jayce. You will feel good as new in two days time." Monarch looked back to the sky, the stars burned brighter now. The smoke had finally vanished.

"No.... I will return to training tomorrow. Every minute I waste, are enemies grow closer. I will finish what I have wrought." Jayce's voice was fading. His eyes began to fall and his body went limp.

Monarch looked at the Grey Jedi, stunned. The old man began to laugh. "I guess there is no fighting it. You'll be a tough opponent for anyone now. Keep training. I'll do my best to heal you, so you can see your dream completed."

Looking to Kevros, Monarch saw why Jayce was being so stubborn. The old Gray Jedi had a feeling that Jayce knew of Kevros' development. Jayce would not fall behind, not while he still had the taste of power on the tip of his tongue. These friends are also incredible rivals. They will push each other to their absolute limit. They will soon be a force to fear, and on that day, nothing will stop them.

[member="Kevros Kovani"]

He hadn't moved, his stillness was almost surprising to those that watched him. Vize and the others, every so often had come in and out of the ship to check on Master Kovani and his progress. It seemed like the entire time he hadn't done anything. Vize sneered as he cracked open the hollow shell of the nut he tossed into his mouth. His expression still showed his remorse and depression. Before he knew it Cid came running around the Stern of the ship and yelled.

"I got the meds, go give him his dose." Cid said, catching his breath, sweat dripping from his wide forehead.

"Whatever you say Cid, I think he's in the middle of something. He hasn't moved in two days, just sitting there like a rock. We could be out there avenging Beth!" Vize snapped, his emotions still getting the best of him. Regardless it was his duty to take care of the Sith at hand.

Kevros felt it the stirrings of his training, he had the power to conduct what he needed but he refused. Instead he meditated on the power. Lost in his own world he was shrouded in pure darkness. Searching for the tools to control his newly birthed power. He hadn't displayed his power in front of Monarch and for good reason. He couldn't control it either, he was close he just needed a little more time. His mind had created a chamber, a quaint light at the center taunting him to go near. Instead Kevros refused the invitation, the force bellowed deep within him and before he rose to the challenge he needed to teach himself a dignified form of control, not just of his emotions, but also his endearing rage.

Like a torrent of water the the light inside his unrealistic world began to grow.

It was only a matter of time....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom