Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Planet Filth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Name: Filth

Region: Tingle Arm
System: Filth
Suns: Four white dwarf stars in order of size called: Filth, Filthy, Filthier, Filthiest, and a fifth "undiscovered" unnamed brown dwarf star that orbits on the fringes of the stable system.
Orbital Position: Filth is a lone planet that has an elliptical orbit that runs between the four white dwarfs and the fringe containing a brown dwarf.
Moons: Wealth, a geothermal active moon roughly a sixteenth of Filth, with a very close orbit. It is called Wealth because its volcanic activity creates huge plateaus of glimmering crystals that brings light to Filth. It is so bright in the sky in fact, it is the herald of 'day time'.
System Features: The system is riddled with asteroid belts, especially between the brown dwarf and the white dwarf system of stars. Filth is basically in the middle of a small belt, but Wealth usually takes the brunt of the impacts, which causes its volcanic activity. Filth takes a beating as well from the asteroids, but they only ever get "dull rocks" as the locals call them because they lack the luminescent mineral that makes Wealth glow so brightly. This is because these small particles are pushed away from Filth's magnetic field, or burned away as the asteroid enters the atmosphere.
Coordinates: Hex below Kamar
Rotational Period: 90 hours (Wealth orbits every 12 hours)
Orbital Period: 270 days

Class: Terrestrial
Diameter: 18,000 kilometers
Climate: Controlled or arid depending on location. Metropolises are often controlled, while the Junkscape is arid or frozen.
Gravity: Twice standard in non-controlled zones.
Primary Terrain: The Metropolises and the Junkscape.

Native Species: None
Immigrated Species: Humans, Twi'leks, Hutts, etc.
Primary Languages: Galactic Basic, Bocce
Government: Syndicate Rule, currently dominated by "The Family".
Population: 30 billion
Demonym: Filther
Major Imports: Manufactured Goods, Weapons, Galactic Contraband, etc.
Major Exports: A special crystal that glows brightly when heated up (but disintegrates if heat is removed shortly after, and strong magnetic fields are known to shatter them) which are popular for jewelry and decoration but holds no other useful properties (Wealth Gem's), Galactic Contraband, Bounties, Raw materials, Mercenaries or "Muscle",
Affiliation: Crime syndicates, big businesses, etc.

Major Locations: The Big Seat (essentially the capital), The Hive (a city of considerable notoriety) Scumland (essentially a prison in the Junkscape), various other cities.
Culture:
  • Daily life: 99% of the 30 Billion residents on Filth, are considered exactly that: filth. It's a crime ridden capitalist paradise, where anyone who can't make their due are forced into servitude, or alternatively thrown out into the Scumland. You're born into a job, and you do that job until your boss off's ya, or if you get lucky and off him first as his right hand man. It's an eat or be eaten world without mercy, and that's why everyone calls it Filth. The only possible way you could escape it after being born on Filth, is if you get extra lucky and find yourself bound for Wealth, where you get a less unpleasant life as Gem miner. Screw up too badly though and you get melted. Wealth is an unforgiving game too, but at least you live the game in some luxury.
  • Society: Society doesn't care about you, Society cares about what's in it for me. Filth is exactly like it sounds, a sin ridden planet filled with merciless pompous corporate owners and a mob of angry beggars who have no power. Getting stuck on Filth will break even the greatest man and reduce him into the basics of sin. If you don't have the bones for vice, then you're fresh out of luck, and into the Scumland with you, where the uncontrolled environment freezes you to your bones, and makes them brittle, as they snap under gravity your body wasn't meant for, and nothing you find in the Junkscape is going to help you.
  • Government: The only "government" you need concern yourself with is the Syndicate system, where "The Family" rules supreme on the market. Everything here is about business, and how dirty you play the game to claw your way to the top.
  • Arts: The only art that matters to the residents of Filth is how pretty they can sell Wealth's precious gems. But seriously, the only real art most people concern themselves with is how to make Wealth gems seem like they are worth more than they actually are.
  • Sports: Often times company owners like to set up gladiatorial-like games with residents or machines to bet on. The games are almost always lethal to contestants.
  • Military: Although it isn't organized or unified, there is a Muscle Company that calls itself "The Militia" that is under common employment by an innumerable amount of Syndicate owners. They aren't professional armies by any means, but the Merc's are effective at what they do.
  • Religion: Money. Money. Money. And Money.
Technology: Filth is a technologically modern planet.
History:

Geologic History

The star system by which Filth would later reside in, is among one of the older star systems in the galaxy, but it would be unfortunate to note, no life at all would sprout from fertile soil. Five stars orbited each other in specific hierarchies that maintained a harmonic relationship between all the stars involved. Five main sequence suns all of varying size and brightness. But despite the harmony of the system, it made it almost impossible for any planet's to form into adulthood. From the nebular cloud the stars undoubtedly formed from there sprouted hundreds of tiny worlds, but all of them were doomed to the chaotic gravity of each other and their parent stars. None of them could grow big enough to survive the maelstrom of creation and eventually all of them were torn apart into massive asteroid belts. Eventually it became time that the stars that hosted the system exhausted their fusion resources and collapsed into white dwarfs.

Four lonely and dying stars orbited only by the corpses of their would be children, and a lone brother who never quite made it to stardom. It was destined to be a dead system, a colossus graveyard of astronomical corpses. Five stars in perfect harmony with one another incapable of bearing fruit to planets, let alone life or civilization. Surely no further history could occur in this desolate wasteland of stellar despair, an image of depression etched into the universe for billions of years to come. Yet even at this moment where it seem predestined that no event of significance would ever cross the path of this gargantuan cemetery of giants, there seem there would be an orphaned planet, rolling through space directly into the path of this regrettably barren system.

So then surely one last corpse to lay in the belt of asteroids, finally after these billions of years a planet finally graces these five stars, only to be torn asunder by their would be children. Then it would be so, an aborted brother, four dying parents, uncountable dead children, and an orphan searching for a home in the worst possible place in the universe. Did the despair of these stars know any bounds?

But then in the moment that it seem all would be lost for this rogue world, tossed away from its parent star system only to be unwittingly destroyed by another, it survived. Against all odds, the erratic system accepted the new world and slowly thawed its long frozen surface with the combined light of grateful stars. In the harmony of their encounter, soon after the foreign world approaching the dread belt of dead worlds, accepted a ring of moons. As they crashed together, and pounded the surface of the world some day to be known as Filth, they lit up the sky in brilliance, as if the stars were so gracious in the coming of this world they gave basic stone the gift of brilliance when burning as brightly as they did once.

The orphan world though was not yet pleased by the burning stones, and forced the stones together, to create giant spiraling satellites of brilliance. The ring soon evaporated as the many stones were absorbed into the bulk of two moons, each burning with the brightness of suns upon the surface of the world. Alas though in this hope, tragedy still struck, as was with the second moon who lost the stability of its orbit, and crashed into the orphan planet. The former satellite split apart the heart of the orphan, and thawed it more heavily with grief than any star could with love. With a molten core, the wounded world accepted the punishment of the belts no more, and began to push away their brilliance, vaporizing its foster's gift to them. From then on, the lone moon would carry the burden of the belts, as penance for forcing its sister to death by sheer virtue of existing.

As the world was split with grief by the sister of Wealth, the world of Filth began to lose its will to live, very slowly. The rats that crawled upon the surface of the world lived and died in generations, as men carved structures out of the pieces of a broken heart and dwelled in its hollows. On a frame unimaginable by the tiny residents of Filth, slowly it fell deeper and deeper into depression. Some day, in the far off future it would be clear to its residents that they lived on borrowed time, before the full effects of that ancient fallen moon come to be realized, that in the next several thousand years Filth will kill itself in the faces of its Foster Parents. Along with it, Wealth in her bondage to Filth. There is no hope here, and where hope does it exist, it exists merely to be taken away to leave a dead void of despair.

At this point the system is as we know it now. I apologize for the anthropomorphism.

Galactic History

Although the history of this world in geologic terms is ancient, the history relative to human experience is quite short and rather vague. At some point in time, a few thousand years ago an unidentified race had been exploring this sector of space in particular for reasons not identified. Eventually, they stumbled upon the discovering of a stellar system of four white dwarfs, a rather odd configuration of stars and quite old. As they researched the stars more, and at some point in person, it was only inevitable that eventually the world of Filth would be discovered. Taking an interest in the apparent "bright stones" that bombarded the unbelievably bright moon of the world intrigued them further. The fact this lone world survived whatever cataclysm destroyed the rest was an enticing mystery, but these strange gems that made its moon glow with utter brilliance startled them to such a degree they had to share their discovery.

With news of an exotic world, home to glowing stones and enriched by raw materials in abundance, the Corporate Sector Authority had to discover it. Shortly after this exchanged the original race that discovered it seems to have been redacted from history, or otherwise destroyed, likely by the CSA in an attempt to gain full rights to the planet. Several mining organizations traveled to the world seeking to get rich quick off of an easily mined rare material, that replenished itself over time. Also because of this idea of easy riches, a number of crime syndicates had themselves rushing off to claim the world as well. Despite the CSA's intervention, it would seem no clear dominance over the planet could become apparent. This lack of dominance from interstellar organizations was mostly accredited to the various asteroid belts it crossed paths with, and the numerous stars that limited travel in system.

Due to the expense of finding the planet, it was eventually whisked away into obscurity and anonymity. Especially as the local mining companies and crime syndicates began a partnership that ousted really any other competition. From there, the mining companies developed the technology to mine on the moon, and the crime syndicates offered cheap labor. After that it was only a matter of time that metropolises were formed to combat the planet's higher gravity and frozen weather, and junkscapes where ever those metropolises failed. With the grime of factories, failed cities, and the unbelievable crime, the world was known as Filth, while its moon was named Wealth being a stark contrast of its host. The stars were named so because most citizens were so miserable on Filth they decided to take it out on the stars, having no control of anything else, and the bosses of Filth didn't give a kark.

At some point in time, Darth Voracitos had taken a fancy in the world and its pretty jewels, so he had his gang setup shop there among other places throughout the galaxy. Of course, like the Darth is famous for, he didn't regulate his gang like an active Crime Lord would, and a brutal civil war of his gang broke it apart into various groups (most especially after death). This world thereafter served as the headquarters for a crime gang known as "The Big Guy's Family", or "The Family" shortened. Under centralized leadership, the gang soon took hold of several syndicates on the planet and toppled the social hierarchy of the time, and deposed themselves as the top togs of Filth.

Today, the world is essentially run by self-declared Governor, Crime Lord J. "Fatty" Boke Jr. (Wilson King), or "Fatty King" for short. There are rumors within the ranks of the Family that the supposed "Son of the Shadow Emperor", the Crime Lord might be doing something funny around the brown dwarf not many people even know exists. What that might be has not been said, and not too many care about it anyway.

Notable PCs: @Fatty
Intent: To make a unique crime ridden world on par with Nar Shaddaa while incorporating unique elements to drive a story or three.

I genuinely enjoyed reading this :)

The chance of a planet entering a system of 4 stars and finding a stable and habitable orbit seems quite low, but it's such an interesting concept and well written that I'm content. Perhaps stating that they've calculated that the planet is going to end up sizzled by a star in a few thousand years would even add to the feelings of depression and hopelessness on the world? (with all the families knowing they only have so many generations to work their way off world before it fries) But that's merely a suggestion.

Just to clarify, the system, the biggest star and the planet are called filth?

Ok, your diameter and orbital period are huge.

If we assume no iron core, i'd recommend no more than 12,000 km radius.

If you're outside the 4 body gravitationally bound system, and we assume each has a solar mass, you're going to have a radial orbit of around 500 times that of earth. Even with 4 stars, white dwarfs have low luminosities. I'd say bring that down to a year or less.

Otherwise the world will need to be inhospitable and have people living in heated bases.

Raziel said:
Your character has a lot of posts under their - considerable - belt :)

How does this planet, it's history and your position on it, fit with the way you've roleplayed your character so far?
Your character has a lot of posts under their - considerable - belt :)

How does this planet, it's history and your position on it, fit with the way you've roleplayed your character so far?

(Apologies for the multi posts, on my mobile the next few days only and edit can go a bit awry :) )

Don't worry about the multi posting, just glad someone is judging it.

Firstly, I think I will adopt that idea of yours of an unstable orbit, I quite like it :)

Secondly, upon the submissions conception yes, the system, largest star, and the planet are all called Filth, upon bringing up the topic perhaps that should be changed.

Thirdly, I'll make a few changes with orbiting and mass. I think I made it that large simply because rogue worlds tend to be rather big in comparison to earth, and the wide orbit period because I had been thinking that with four stars the girth would have to be fairly large. But I guess considering that most white dwarfs are pretty much the size of earth it's orbit wouldn't have to be too far away from them, and being a former rogue it would essentially chooses its own orbit. I will note though, the dimensions will still be rather extreme, since the environment is being technologically controlled anyway.

And fourthly, I haven't actually started roleplaying this particular character just yet but for the past week and half I've been laying down a lot of ground work and borrowing heavily ideas I've already used for my more notable character Darth Voracitos. Essentially, "Fatty" is a rich corporate mobster with a Sith's ambition, so he needed a world where he could make his money, where it was hopelessly riddled with crime opportunity, but was also dominated by corporate investment. I put it in this environment because I really get in the groove of creating something unique, and I thought, hell, why not five dead or stillborn stars and an orphan world? So naturally I went with it and fits the planet pretty well I think. Does that answer your question?

Anyway, I'll get some of those edits underway now.

[member="Raziel"], I believe I have made the appropriate edits. Currently, I added your borrowed time idea, the year 270 days, and the diameter is still on the big side of 18k km.

I hope this is a little more acceptable than the previous 15 year orbit and 48k km diameter?

Ok I'm content. I've made some assumptions about this being possible, which may not be true (finding a semi stable orbit), but I think this is solid to allow some interesting roleplay to take place.

Approved pending secondary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom