Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filling Time (and Shopping bags) - Aroo City, Manda

Kelsie was lukewarm to this whole business of being a bodyguard. She knew her talents far exceeded what was required of a simple bodyguard… now she was a little disappointed. And the day was only just starting.

Juggling her work with the Dauntless and her time with Kahlil was tough, and yet recently she’d felt rather impatient and bored -- the CIS was stable internally, and she wasn’t in the mood for front-line combat. Kahlil had learned everything she’d taught him and was beginning to forge his own path, and she didn’t want to get in the way of that. So she went off, asked around, and eventually she found herself sitting in the front seat of a snazzy repulsorcar. Driving around any old politician around the city would probably be a boring job -- but from what she'd heard, this Viceroy was at least partly interesting.

Valencia Hadley. She probably barely knew who Kelsie was... she guessed the previous bodyguard/handmaiden/butler/whoever had failed to meet her high expectations. If Kelsie didn't meet them, she guessed no one would.

Then again, she wasn't exactly dressed for the job. She wore a simple black jacket, white t-shirt, jeans, and a black cap. And of course her Theia glasses -- a secret HUD was always useful. Still, it wasn't the most professional thing she could be wearing. Perhaps she'd buy some clothes of her own once they got to the highest-end 'mall' in Aroo.

She didn't really think it was a mall when she first spotted it, but her glasses directed her in that direction, so the repulsorcar smoothly moved in and found a parking spot just outside. Once the vehicle stopped, Kelsie smoothly hopped out and stepped around to the door, opening it up for the Viceroy. "We're here," she commented simply.

[member="Valencia Hadley"]

Plain.gif
Tag: [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]​
It felt like it had been ages since the Viceroy had been home. Between engagements on Genosis and the requirements as an advisor to the Vicelord, the Manda native was feeling a longing for the metropolitan hub she'd called home for so many years. Though returning had proven to be a bit of a mess, especially when she saw the pile of items that had accumulated on her desk. It had taken her nearly three days to sort through all of it, and the large glaring issue that faced her as she stared down the weekend was that she needed to host her council's annual meeting. Normally she'd have just put together something in their offices, but she'd been away a lot... She really needed to remind them that she was present and give them a sense of her commitment to her role here. With that in mind, she'd contracted out a driver and personal guard for the afternoon to tour around a few venues for a larger celebration, as well as shopping for some items for a festival on Nivek that was coming up on the week that followed.

The woman who had driven up in the contracted car was pleasant enough, perhaps not as well dressed as some of the other people she'd hired in the past, but she was professional and polite - and to the Viceroy that truly counted more than any fancy jacket in monochrome that could be slapped on the hired help. She'd done everything that was required of the role, from opening and closing the doors to driving at reasonable speeds through the streets of the city. If the woman could keep it up, there was certainly a future for her in ferrying the Viceroy about going forward.

Their first stop was a charming museum on the southern end of the core of the city, the building itself nothing special - though the Viceroy knew full well that they had an amazing exhibit in state from Galidraan. The small nation within the Sith Empire's space was easily one of the highlights in the city currently, and with some luck, they would have a space that would allow for her to host her event while also experiencing the pieces that were on loan with the museum. As the car pulled up, Valencia collected herself in the back seat, tucking her datapad against her side and smiled brilliantly at the young woman as she pulled the door open for her. Scooting to the edge of the seats and uncurling herself from the back of the vehicle, the Viceroy nodded to Kelsie appreciatively.

"Thank you, Ms. Sylvan. You're welcome to stay with the car if you'd like - but I dare say you'd love the exhibit inside if you're interested." She took several steps to get herself clear of the door to allow for the security detail to swing it closed and adjusted the line of her trousers as she did. Her outfit was simple, at least as far as Valencia's outfits normally went. She had on a fitted, sky blue pantsuit with a flowy white blouse that plunged at her neckline. Her blonde hair was loose but carefully curled around her face in a way that complimented the delicate makeup she'd selected that morning. Along with the simple white heels she wore, everything looked painstakingly orchestrated to give her a professional but breezy feel overall.

She turned and began to stride towards the stairs that lead up into the museum, glancing over her shoulder as she did so, offering an almost playful smile to the woman as she began to mount the steps, "I'm not sure if you've had much experience with the Galidraani people, but they have some of the most beautiful tapestry work I've ever seen."

Ferrying around some high-class lady was not exactly her dream job, but it might do for a little while -- assuming this uppity Viceroy wanted to keep her around. Kelsie wasn't the type to spend time around the higher class. Sure, she was trained to be able to fit in, but she found shadier people lurked in back alleys and seedy cantinas. At least, those were her normal targets. Rebels in high places were rather rare... though she did find those few encounters rather interesting.

Her eyes then began to study the museum's exterior. She had been to Galidraan, once, shortly. It was a pick up, short job. She'd visited the governor of the planet -- well, his house. It was a pretty nice castle, and she had noticed there were tapestries... but she knew nothing about art. Studying for a role, she could do that, but it wasn't something she was interested in whatsoever. She thought all the stuff about Thrawn studying a species' art was hokey crap -- he was just smarter than everyone else.

"Interest and judging art cost extra, miss," she said neutrally. She wasn't really joking -- she doubted Valencia even knew how much she was paying Kelsie, and a little something extra for going to some boring museum would be nice. But without hesitation she followed Valencia up the steps after closing the repulsorcar's door.

"You're planning an event here, right?" Her tone was a little more colloquial than Valencia's well-mannered and measured responses. Kelsie was polite, but looking at the museum as an event spot made her think of the many ways she'd stage an assassination here. It was a little game she liked to play sometimes -- and she felt in some ways this place made it far too easy. Large frontal windows made easy sight lines for snipers; and the museum's many rooms left many spots to get alone with another person... "You'll need a fair bit of security," she commented simply. She reached the door and held it open for Valencia to enter the museum.

Plain.gif

Well thank goodness I think we have a bit of room in the budget for your enjoyment, Ms. Sylvan.” The Viceroy offered the woman a warm smile that lead to a touch of mirth dancing in her eyes as she strode up the walkway to the museum. The sharp click-clack of her heels on the smooth slabs of stone they’d used to construct the stairs was a pleasant enough rhythm as she motioned for the security detail to follow, turning back towards the quickly approaching doors in anticipation of reaching them shortly. She paused as she heard the woman hurrying up behind her, and stepped once to the side, allowing Kelsie to open the door for her.

She offered the woman a bright smile as she stepped inside, continuing on their conversation as she offered a polite nod to the staff they strode past. “I’m considering this location for an event, yes. There will be a need for some additional security, I’m sure – but I can’t fathom a reason why anyone would be interested in a gathering of my peers. Manda is a safe place, and one that has been off the radar for any terrorism for years, domestic or otherwise.” Valencia’s eyes trailed back to the woman acting as her shadow with a smile that was both warm and kind, the dimples in her cheeks like perfect pin-points in her flesh. “Granted that the growing Mandalorian threat is something we need to consider – but with the addition of the monitoring station here on Manda we shouldn’t need to worry too much.

Their steps had carried them to the rear of the main parlor of the building – a simple slate grey door recessed into the wall with a panel that read ‘Administration’ across it as the only adornment. She turned to Kelsie with another of those warm smiles before she motioned to the door. “I’ll be as quick as possible – if you’d be so kind as to stay close-by. I shouldn’t be more than a few minutes.” With a gentle rap on the metal frame of the door, it slid open and the Viceroy stepped into the office, the door sliding closed at her back.

It didn’t take her more than 15 minutes to resolve her business with the curator of the museum, asking all she’d needed and having received the quote she’d requested. With the information stored safely on the datapad she held, she emerged from the office once more, turning that dazzling smile on Kelsie once more. “Shall we?

Kelsie chuckled softly at the Viceroy's response. Enjoyment? Art wasn't high on her list of things that she enjoyed. But she didn't mind sticking around with Valencia -- attractive, relaxed, and humorous, while at the same time perfectly polite and measured? Sounded like someone Kelsie should try impersonating. She was sure she could pull it off...

The young woman followed her ward into the museum, giving a small nod and returning Valencia's smile. It was an automatic reaction from all those years as an infiltrator. Her comments were somewhat childish in Kelsie's eyes -- she glanced around, once more scouting the venue. She didn't like museums. "I've got doubts, to say the least. A gathering of some of the most important people on the planet? There's always some maniac with a blaster -- or one with enough cash to buy someone who has one." She shrugged. The Mandalorians concerned her more -- sure, Manda was deep in Confederacy space, but the Mandalorians were determined opponents... part of her hoped there were a few Mandalorian assassins on their way to the planet. They're much more fun than normal assassins...

"I'll wait wherever you need me to," Kelsie replied simply, stopping outside the door of the office. Her eyes scanned the various incoming people. Not too many caught her eye -- but there were a pair of humans, a young male and female, that wore clothes that screamed 'Manda Native'. So much so that Kelsie recalled spotting those very same outfits at the spaceport when she'd arrived on the planet. Little things...

Once Valencia returned she smiled right back, her perfect teeth matching Valencia's. "Of course. Where are we going to next?" She waited for her ward to head towards the car so she could follow.

Plain.gif
Valencia spared no time at all as she strode free of the small administrative office she'd sequestered herself in for those dull few moments. The sharp sound of her heels ringing out to the ceiling of the room once more as she led her charge towards the exit. "Come along, Ms. Sylvan - I believe we've got at least two more stops before you're done with me for the afternoon." She didn't bother to slow at the door this time, pressing it open herself and stepping into the warm afternoon sun. There was l little about Manda on a warm spring afternoon that wasn't to love... Except perhaps if it was raining. Though this particular afternoon promised to be clear and warm.

She did pause as she held the door for the young woman, however - keeping that cordial smile ever present on her lips. Once they were both astride once more she began to stride down the steps back to the car, turning to Kelsie and gently pressing a piece of that elegantly manicures hair of hers back behind one ear as she did, "I don't suppose you've had lunch, have you? There's a charming cafe a few blocks from here - and I'd be happy to pick us something up if you haven't eaten." She paused again as they approached the car, doubting very much that the woman would allow her to open her own door twice in a row.

The Viceroy slid easily into the back of the vehicle once more, scooting to the centre of the long bucket seat and crossing her legs gently at the ankle. She pulled the datapad from under her arm and began to flick gently across the screen while Kelsie returned herself to the driver's seat. "If you'd prefer that we move quickly I can also order something and we can swing by and pick it up - I can't imagine sitting at a cafe with me for an hour sounds like much fun for you."

Done with her? Valencia certainly had a way with words -- Kelsie had been feeling the opposite. After all, it was her job to do just about anything she needed to, meaning she'd stick around until Valencia was done with her. Still she smiled, falling into step behind the other woman.

She didn't miss a beat, smoothly stepping through the door so her ward didn't need to wait. Valencia was good, and Kelsie liked her -- she understood how a woman like the Viceroy attained such a position. Maybe she'd try it sometime... but politics often bored her. Food on the other hand was something she very much enjoyed. She hadn't eaten since she'd arrived on Manda, and wasn't adverse to heading to a cafe to spend time with Valencia. She was getting paid by the hour anyways.

"Sounds nice, I'm starving," she said, opening the door to the car for her ward and closing it once she'd slipped inside. Of course she wasn't really, she'd gone weeks at a time with very little nourishment -- but life was better with flavour.

She sat down in the driver's seat and started up the vehicle, giving a small shrug at her comment. "You're more interesting than most people I've met, at least. Fun, we'll see, but I'm still hungry." She adjusted the rear view mirror slightly, looking back at the other woman from under her shades as the repulsorcar took off. "And don't call me Ms. Sylvan, just call me Kelsie. That way it's less obvious that I'm your guard. We're friends, aren't we?" She was lying, she just disliked being called that. People who knew her full name and called her by her surname annoyed her slightly, she preferred Kelsie. Not like either of her names had any real meaning.

[member='Valencia Hadley']

Plain.gif
The Viceroy settled herself easily in the back of the repulsorcar and began flicking and tapping away at the datapad in her lap as Kelsie spoke to her. When the woman in the driver’s seat requested that Valencia refer to her by her first name, pale blue eyes shot up and met the woman’s gaze in the rear-view mirror. She offered an apologetic smile as she set the datapad down and reclined against the plush seats of the vehicle, her voice coming much quieter now that they were within the privacy of the vehicle. She did her best not to come off as harsh as she spoke, “I’m sorry – had I known I would not have been addressing you that way all morning. Normally I’d ask, but it must have slipped my mind. That’s no excuse though – please forgive me, Kelsie.

She offered another of those kind smiles before she turned her face back to her lap and brought up the directions to the café she’d mentioned. Swiftly moving fingers brought up the directions and she pushed them to the vehicles internal navigation systems before she settled the datapad onto the seat beside her, crossed her legs and clasped her hands in her lap. That smile changed as Kelsie made mention of the fact that they were friends, a truly mirthful glint shining from the woman’s eyes.

It may be a little early to be friends, Kelsie – but if lunch goes well, I think there’s an excellent chance that we could be just that. Correct me if I’m wrong, but you take this job quite seriously. The few times I’ve seen you really perk up have been when you’ve had an opportunity to talk shop – be it about the venue we just visited or the way I address you.” The blonde continued to speak quietly as Kelsie drove them to the coordinates that she’d indicated, trusting that her security detail would get her there safely and that she’d not need to monitor that they were on course.

Do you normally do business here on Manda? I’ve used the contractor that recommended you several times before and I don’t know that I’ve ever seen you at one of my events – and you most certainly haven’t been part of my personal detail in the past. If you’re enjoying Manda and its urban sprawl, I could see about finding you some additional work around here. With your keen eye, I dare say you’d make yourself extremely useful.

"Oh please. Cut it with the formal stuff, I hate hearing people apologize." Kelsie rolled her eyes. She had a rather disrespectful tone, one of annoyance. The people who groveled and apologized too often were her least favourite -- Kelsie never apologized for anything. "And if you act informal with me it'll seem even less that I'm your guard," she added for good measure.

The repulsorcar flew along the route Valencia had uploaded to the vehicle's navigational system, with its driver's eyes flicking around as she flew through the streets of Aroo towards a little cafe. She listened to her ward's little comments -- apparently she'd missed the slightly joking tone in Kelsie's voice when she'd said that. But she didn't mind all that much. Despite Valencia's overly formal approach she'd probably be a good friend to have. And thus, to start off on the right foot, Kelsie decided to be honest for once. "Eh. That's the kind of stuff that interests me. My job is to get the other guy before he gets me, so I need to practice as often as I can. And if you don't enjoy your work you should quit your job."

"No, I don't exactly spend time here. I'm running a few jobs right now. Found myself with some free time and no one to spend it with, so I put myself out there. I guess your contractor knows their stuff," she said with a small chuckle. Perhaps the contractor was rather in the loop, maybe they heard about Kelsie's work with the Dauntless, or even just during the combat on Doldur. Either way, Kelsie rather liked having a bit of a name for herself. "Can't say it's the nicest place I've been to, and as you've said, Manda is a safe place. I prefer taking interesting jobs." She didn't mean any offense, in fact it was more of a compliment -- she found Valencia interesting.

Soon enough the repulsorcar pulled into a parking spot on one side of the street, a half-block down from the cafe Valencia had guided them to. She powered down the vehicle and smoothly got out, closing her door and opening up her ward's quickly and casually. Her eyes again flicked around, memorizing and measuring her surroundings. Manda was... nice enough. "Let's get some coffee, then," she said, starting off beside Valencia.

Genesis Rostu

G
T H U N D E R

In but an instant, the silence of the afternoon was broken. Much akin to the most fragile of glass subjected to the terra firma, every eardrum for miles fell victim to the spontaneous eruption of firepower. In her absence, the Viceroy had relied upon one of the finest representatives she could get her hands on in order to keep the day-to-day operations afloat. She would, of course, maintain her devotion - publicly and behind closed doors - to the world she represented. However, whilst being tugged away by her tireless duties, the Viceroy of Manda leaned upon her Deputy Viceroy in order to sign less than vital documents. One such document was an agreement between the Confederate Defense Force and the City of Aroo. The businesses had been made aware beforehand. Air traffic had paused for but a few moments. And all seemed to brace as the City turned its eyes to the east.

For there, a spire of iron began to rise. He called it Decalogue. From underneath mammoth doors that could consume the mightiest skyscraper did the hypervelocity cannon rise. A testament to the agreement signed into law between Manda and the CDF: a defensive weapon poised to keep any and all hostiles at bay. It was also the Grand Marshal's pride and joy. A single slug fired from this weapon had the potential to wreak untold havoc upon even a Super Star Destroyer's hull. Against the average invading force? It could turn the tide of a groundside invasion before it began. But. In its infancy. Testing needed to be conducted. And so it was that on the appointed hour, the very clouds themselves were torn asunder as a monumental slug ripped into orbit. And following this, the City of Aroo could return to the peace it formerly knew.

It had taken the navigation of miles of red tape for the day's test to occur. And Genesis knew that, though signed by the Deputy Viceroy, he was going to have to make it up to [member="Valencia Hadley"]. For, anything this out of the ordinary always came with a price. Whether that be a bouquet of the finest roses, chocolates, or simply a day where he stopped playing warlord long enough to keep a dinner appointment. Oh he had been hearing all about that since Kuat. Nonetheless, the Grand Marshal of the Confederacy had a plan in motion. For, when the excessively pretty politician rose from their bed in the morning, their shared schedule was often displayed upon their datapads. She had always seen fit to bloc out hours throughout the day where they could meet - whether by holocall or in person. And this day, immediately before their dinner appointment, she had several hours of venue hunting in store.

But what better venue was there than Firebase Rubicon? Oh, she would have to hear him out on this particular stream of madness. As the test fire completed, Genesis Rostu sent his missive to the Viceroy's personal comm. Her earring would chime with a muted buzz, denoting that he had reached out. And, should she indulge in hearing his voice by touching the earring, he would invite her to drop what she was doing and come to the Firebase. For a symbol of Manda's commitment to her people awaited. The man, garbed in his finest dress blues, had no thought in his mind that she would decline such an invitation. And thus, immediately departed for the landing pad to receive her. He would wait as long as it took for his Valencia.

[member="Valencia Hadley"] | [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]​

motionpurp.png

Plain.gif
Tags: [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] | [member="Genesis Rostu"]​
The Viceroy of Manda was nothing if not the picture of poise and politeness as Kelsie drove them along - hearing from time to time a mocking or harsh tone from the woman, but understanding it to simply be the perils of the role the sharply dressed woman was required to accept. She didn't know that if she were to be shooting people for a living that she wouldn't also have some failings in the realm of being conversationally pleasant at all times.

"Well I'm glad to hear that Manda still has the reputation of being a safe place. I know for a time we saw some less desirable folk in this part of the galaxy - and from what my advisers have been telling me there's stirrings of some sort of crime syndicate on the planet, that thus far blissfully clear of Aroo." She smiled softly to herself as the vehicle pulled up outside of the cafe, moving her datapad to the empty seat at her side as she slid to the side of the repulsorcar closest to the curb to allow Kelsie to open the door. She muttered a soft thank you to the woman as she began to step out of the vehicle, but that was when the momentous crack filled the air. The blonde gasped audibly as her wide eyes turned to the sky, able to see the origin of the cacophony.

A small frown wrinkled the edges of the woman's lips as she stepped clear of the car and allowed Kelsie to close the door. She was about to ask the young woman what her thoughts were on the newest piece of defensive tech the CDF had installed on Manda when her earring gave the little shock of haptic feedback. Instead of speaking she lifted one hand to Kelsie to ask her to wait as her other hand rose to gently press her finger tips to the earring, instantly hearing his voice fill her head. She couldn't help the small smile that curved her lips as she motioned for Kelsie to continue on, leading the pair into the cafe.

She ordered several cafs and a small box of their pastries to go and while they waited to turned to her security detail once more, "Sorry about that, Kelsie. I don't mean to rush you out of here, but would you mind if we took these items to the source of that ridiculous noise from earlier? I believe the Grand Marshal of the Confederate Defense Force would like to have a word."

Kelsie's first reaction to the hypervelocity cannon shot was... probably less than appropriate. As the thunderous crack rang out, she flicked her left wrist, a blaster pistol appearing out of nowhere, and she stepped immediately closer to her ward, grabbing the other woman's arm to make sure she would be safe in the event of an attack. Her eyes scanned the street for threats -- and then she saw the rippling clouds in the distance as she spotted the skyscraper of a hypervelocity cannon east of the city.

The young woman had had no idea that they had such weapon emplacements on Manda -- after all, Manda was such a safe place. She honestly didn't understand ground-based defense weapons. Kelsie had done nearly a dozen operations taking down such facilities, and each had been successful. Really just a glass cannon. Her mind wandered to all the ways she'd blow the thing up as she stepped away from Valencia and put away her blaster.

An earring commlink -- Kelsie had done that before, but honestly she wasn't much of a fan of earrings. Flashy, heavy, relatively pointless. But she wasn't here to dispute the Viceroy's fashion choices, so she simply followed her into the coffee shop. And soon enough, takeout.

"Not a problem," she said with a shrug, immediately taking the box of pastries out of Valencia's hands. The young woman spun on her heel, exiting the cafe as quickly as she'd entered, and guided her ward back to the repulsorcar.

The Grand Marshal -- that was a new one. Sounded important. She'd judge that as soon as she met the guy... but in the meantime she'd quietly curse the moron who decided to annoy her in such a grand way in the middle of the day.

And soon enough the two were back in their vehicle, cruising along eastwards -- Kelsie taking the scenic route around the CDF's emplacement to have a guess of what they were getting into.

[member="Genesis Rostu "][member="Valencia Hadley"]

Genesis Rostu

G
Tag: [member="Valencia Hadley"], [member="Kelsie Sylvan"]​

The Viceroy was the pinnacle of punctuality.

The representative of Manda and her guardian would have soon found the Firebase opened to them. Upon arriving at the primary security gate, they would have been waved forward immediately with no real delay. Directions would have been relayed over the comm to the driver, taking her directly to the landing pad where the Grand Marshal awaited. In the span of time it took for Valencia and Kelsie to arrive, the clone had made only a singular preparation for the visit. Whilst his subordinates busied themselves in the wake of the test fire, one of them had been dispatched to the mess hall on the triple. They returned, panting, bearing a cup carrier which held a single beverage.

The subordinate was given a few moments to compose himself as the car pulled in and the door was opened. Genesis felt excitement rise in his stomach as he noticed the blonde hair ascend. His Valencia strode over, flanked by her sole protector, and he motioned towards his subordinate. In the interim, Genesis plucked his Chai Lattle, Half Sweet, from the cupholder and took a single swig. "Welcome to the Firebase, Valencia." he began, greeting her with a smile. "Gentlemen, you're dismissed." he waved the most adjacent subordinates away before motioning for the Viceroy to follow him.

"So, you've no doubt heard the test fire. That beautiful hypervelocity cannon can drop a Star Destroyer in a single shot. Aroo can rest easy knowing it won't fall victim to a foreign invasion." he began, leading the way deeper into the Firebase. He paused, posing a question to them both, like a child who was proud of his painting on the refrigerator door. What do you think?"" He asked.

"Now that it's operational, I think your event would be a perfect time to showcase just how much headway you've made with the CDF. In but a single term, you've managed to have the CDF's primary headquarters moved to Aroo, as well as seen numerous defense emplacements rise without infringing into the taxpayers' livlihoods. I think that is a feat that should be showcased in your event."

"And that it should take place here - in the shadow of the cannon. What do think?"

Plain.gif

Tag: [member="Kelsie Sylvan"] | [member="Genesis Rostu"]​
The Viceroy was grateful for a time that her security detail wasn't huge on lengthy conversation - as she was eager to see the Grand Marshal. Between the two of them they'd ordered their items from the cafe, retrieved them, and made it back to the repulsor car in under five minutes. Impressive for how busy the little spot had been... It likely helped that when she'd wandered in the woman behind the register had gotten two thirds of of the order started just upon seeing her enter. She'd ensured that they got Kelsie whatever she wanted as well and then set about heading to the coordinates that Genesis had seen fit to provide.

As the vehicle pulled up to the entrance to the compound the Viceroy scooted herself along the synth-leather seats to sit against the window. She allowed her gaze to linger on the dramatic changes that had been made in such short order, a small smile playing across her lips as the repulsor car pulled into the landing pad he'd suggested. The blonde slid back to the centre seat and reached forward to the centre console, collecting the beverages and small box of pastries as Kelsie did as she had so many times already that day, and moved to open her door and help her out.

A gentle nod was given to the young woman as she stepped passed and spotted Genesis. Her face lit up as she strode forward, offering up the tray of drinks, knowing he would be able to pick his out. She'd accidentally duplicated her order at one point earlier that month when she was picking them up lunch and he'd gotten a taste for the tea ever since. Once that was taken care of she collected her own tea and passed Kelsie what they'd ordered for her as well.

"And what a welcome it was, Grand Marshal." With a sweep of her hand she motioned to the stoic looking young woman who was shadowing her. "This is Kelsie Sylvan. Kelsie, this is Genesis Rostu, Grand Marshal of the Confederate Defense Force - who has recently moved their base of operations here, to Manda." She gave the two an opportunity to exchange pleasantries while to took the first sip from her drink, enjoying the rich spice of the tea before she allowed Genesis to lead them forward into the facility.

All the while, as he spoke and lead them around, her eyes were wandering; taking in the structure of the interior, the walls, the floors... It wouldn't be the most luxurious of venues - but then again, she didn't need luxury. "I think it's a brilliant idea, Grand Marshal. If you believe that it'll be safe to host here, then I'll put together everything we need." She glanced to the woman who had been doing her best impression of a somewhat grumpy shadow at Val's back all day, "And you Kelsie? What do you think? From a defense standpoint - a wise choice?"

Grumpy shadow indeed. Kelsie was... well, a good bodyguard. She did what she needed to do -- drove, got cleared, stuck close to the Viceroy as she went towards the Grand Marshal. The young woman's hazel eyes studied the man before her. If she was being completely honest she wasn't all that impressed by the man... not that Kelsie was ever being completely honest. But there had to be something else to him -- it seemed like the Viceroy had an amount of respect for him, and a personal relationship. Kelsie wouldn't probe -- at least, not now. "Nice to meet you," she commented simply. "Sorry if I'm intruding." She was entirely ready to leave if Valencia asked her to, but for now... she'd plan some assassinations.

She followed quietly behind the other woman, her eyes studying the inside of the structure as they walked. She wasn't really paying attention to the box of pastries she held -- she could eat later, but she wouldn't always be here. Maybe someday she'd be hired to attack Manda by someone else... but not now.

"Hm? Oh." The young woman paused, glancing at Valencia, then Genesis. Then she remembered she didn't fully care what they'd think if she mouthed off a little. So she did exactly that. Not that she was talking to her boss and her CO.

"I think it's fine, if your enemy is dumb enough not to do any scouting of its target before attacking." Kelsie shook her head at the idea. "There are so many issues with these things it's a wonder they still get built..." She really would've thought that technology would've changed more in the past eight hundred years, especially in terms of military devices. "You'd need a small flotilla just to keep this thing protected anyways, I'd rather have a few extra Star Destroyers in the defense fleet."

After her little rant, she took a pause to collect her thoughts. "Alright... I've got a few easy ways I'd take this on, and none of them are all that difficult," she said, not entirely realizing that her idea of difficult was vastly different from just about everyone else's. "Could always drop in with... mm... two squadrons of starfighters. X-wings would do the trick, then throw something in orbit as a target, maybe an expendable drone freighter. As the cannon starts hitting the ship's particle shields, it needs to lower its own -- then the starfighters slam it with a few missiles to take down the cannon's shields. Then, y'know, bomb it to hell."

"I'd probably go with a stealth gunship, maybe with a starfighter attack elsewhere as a distraction, slip down low, skirt across the horizon, insert a team which moves in and hits the cannon. Or if the enemy is serious, they already have sleepers on the ground and don't even need an insertion. Either way, they can go for basically anything around here... rig the structure with explosives and cripple it, hit the shield generator and leave the place defenseless, take the command centre and kill whoever'd be firing it, take the power generator... or maybe just climb up and drop a det down the barrel of the big gun," she said, chuckling softly at the thought. Oh how she wanted to try that.

"Of course, if your enemy isn't forward-thinking but just gets lucky, they might just arrive out of hyperspace on the far side of planet -- and then this thing's useless. Once they detect it, they skirt low in atmosphere, under where the gun can aim, and shoot it up. Or maybe they just have a fleet of a ton of frigates -- then being able to crack Star Destroyers doesn't matter all that much. Honestly not all that great in my eyes... give me a week and I could take this place myself," she challenged. "Gotta be honest, holding an event here wouldn't be a great idea either -- some crazy slips through the cracks as some hastily-hired aide and they could tear it down, one explosive after another."

"All in all... I advise against it, Miss." She'd leave the Grand Marshal with that -- if he wanted her opinion on how she'd improve this place, she'd ask for something in return most likely.

[member="Genesis Rostu "][member="Valencia Hadley"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom