Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fighting Lightning with Fire (Invite Only)

Grand_Medical_Facility.png
Coruscant

Early evening

Emperor Palpatines Surgical Facility

Rain poured, like some cosmic warning of things to come, the gentle sideways fling a mere issuance of the development to come. Slippery and delicate, the steady downpour was a hop skip and a jump from the classical interpretation of deluge, if not for it's constant consternation and it's variable mood swings . As if surprised by the duration of it's own presence, the winds shifted and moved, changing the face of the rain as it smacked against the medical facility with a sense of determination. Perhaps if it rained just a bit harder, it might knock the whole tower down. A gentle rap and a subtle thump, the trails of water soaked the duracrete and stone as it found itself plummeting to the world below, finding the transformation from rain to sewer water a faster process than one might expect. Things moved fast on the surface of Coruscant and even faster in the world that existed below, deep in the belly of the beast.

The Star Viper, blue thrusters lit and powered, pushed the vehicle in serpentine descent as it circled the large structure before sitting down upon one of the four pedestals, a bird taken to flight and landing upon rock outcropping to view the dark world below. Claws digging into the landing pad, the platform descended from the beast as Gabriel exited out with a sort of nonchalance. His armorweave robe clung to him in the violent gusts as rain smacked hard against his body. There was a chill to the air, he noted, as the coffin sized case rolled behind him upon black plastic wheels, his right hand clutched to the elevated side. He dragged it, trails of water formed and disappeared behind him, as he approached the door to the facility and was greeted by two large body guards in enormous armor that he had seen before. To which his purpose existed, the armor and the future of it.

"I'm here to see the Voice. Please inform him that Reverance is waiting." The words echoed from the confines of his cowl, spoken in a hush just barely audible over the presiding gales. The men before him garnished a certain attention, a certain level of deserved respect, as their communications devices relayed the information to those inside the facility. Within the comfort of an area far more dry then where the current hand stood.

[member="Darth Carach"]

Trust. It was a valuable commodity, one often squandered in the face of pressure and greed. It was truth, combined with a strange sense of loyalty that allowed for the One Sith and its unholy covenant between Sith Lords to exist. It was also trust that made one of the Royal Guards only hesitate for half a second, before allowing the Hand of the Emperor to enter the tall tower without inspecting the contents within [member="Reverance"] 's container. Even though it went against all the instincts of the hulking form containing the Royal Guardian.

In a distant past this tower had been the prestigious EmPal SuRecon Center, a place where the rich and powerful came to be treated for all eir ills and problems. Unbeknownst to them it had also been home to Darth Sidous' archives, laboratories and had generally been his sanctum, for when the Imperial Palace became too obvious for his liking. All of this was reflected in the presence of the skyscraper, it towered over its surroundings, dominated all of it even and the Voice of the Dark Lord was planning on expanding it even more. But that was for a later date and time,

Reverance would be guided through the different halls, doorways and checkpoints until he finally reached the throne room of the Voice. Of course it was nothing compared to the splendor of the Emperor himself within the imperial palace, but that was supposed to be the case. No one could simply elevate himself above the Emperor, even in spirit, and hope to retain his favor. (And head)

"Lord Reverance." the Sith Lord would greet the Hand from his dias, something akin to a pleasant smile perching on his lips. "What a welcome surprise, what can I do for you?"

One could ask himself why Carach was so cheery and welcoming, it seemed rather uncharacteristic for a man such as him. The question would remain, was the Sith Lord simply unorthodox, or was this a mask worn to be discarded upon a convenient time? A thought to ponder on, mayhaps.

"Is the pleasure of your company not enough reason to visit the Voice of the Emperor?" He smiled as he pulled the hood from head, the armorweave drenched to the very bone from the rain. He would return the cheeriness in kind, a victory for the their forces not far removed from his thoughts. A trail of water marked the path of the Hand through the interior of the 'castle', a trail of crumbs that followed him and pooled where he currently stood. As cowl was removed, his crimson eye scanned the room in all it's splendor. In honesty, Gabriel had had very little interaction with Darth Carach but in each moment that they had interacted, the fruits bore were quite significant. The death of Darth Junra, the destruction of the generator for the hyper buoyancy system of Manaan, both were accomplishments that gave the Lord of Pain a moments pause.

"Lord Carach, your company here..." His eye scanned to an armored personnel. "...interests me. I've been to Barab I, Zelos, Alderaan, and Manaan. All within recent months. And one thing remains: while our tactics of using Sithspawn have been overwhelmingly in high demand, we are lacking in technological advancement...compared to our ever increasing number of enemies." He dropped the case to the ground, the sound of metal against the floor clanked as the case rolled for a brief moment and settled into it's position. "I have drawn up some plans, quite extensive as they might be, that I think you'll be interested in."

Gabriel crossed his arms over chest as he stood silent and introspective, waiting for the notion of working together once more to sink into the Voices mind. Gabriel wasn't one for admitting that others were better than him, but he was aware that many had far more resources than he could obtain on his own. It was the nature of his path to not collect things, to leave only death and destruction in his wake. A certain aura of respect preceded Gabriel's presence in this facility, a guest openly welcomed into the folds of the confine. And he would continue to show due respect for such things. "I'm interested in improving our efficiency and I think you have the tools to complete such task. All it will require is our time and a bit of perseverance."

[member="Darth Carach"]

[member="Reverance"]

‘I see.’ the Sith Lord commented. Most of the times when someone said ‘I see’, they didn’t really see, they simply tried to fill the conversation with meaningless filler to pass the time. Carach wasn’t one of those crowd, thankfully. He had seen the tendency of the Sith to rely on the Vong and their biotechnology, it was strong there was no doubt about that… and yet one could wonder what kind of consequences there could be if the Vong decided to play hard to get one day.

Working together with the Hand seemed agreeable enough, Xiangu had told him enough about Reverance to know that the man was competent. Carach wasn’t a big fan of the entire ‘Lord of Pain’-spiel, too much theatrics for his more unorthodox and down to earth-ways, but he supposed everyone should have their own thing in life, if Rev liked rolling around this way? Who was he to say anything against it.

‘Agreeable.’ Carach finally said in terms of working together to advance the technology of the One Sith.

‘Show me what you got.’

Gabriel, known to most as Reverance, gave a sideways nod as he turned towards the nearest table in the makeshift castle and gestured towards it. With a kick from the hip, the case opened to reveal a number of things, to be displayed in the pressing future as development progressed. From it, he pulled an enlarged saucer and placed it upon metallic surface, centered within the rectangular table. With the press of switch, an image of the RPG Mk 1 armor displayed itself in rotating schematics, spinning slowly upon itself. With left hand tucked into the collar of his armor, hidden beneath the armorweave robe, Gabriel prepared to explain his plans to [member="Darth Carach"], who would have found increased proximity advantageous to viewing the presentation.

"The original model has the purpose of guarding...as you would know well enough. However, I would have purpose pushed towards something a bit more...forward." His right hand merged into the light emitted from the disk as armament began to pull away from the armor, replaced with objects of more warring capabilities. "The air supply is excessive, more appropriate for long standing events. I would replace it with a 2 hour supply, escape rebreather, and cartridge filter system." His arm moved towards the limbs of the beast. "Take out the phrik blade, the flamethrower, and the slugthrower and replace them with more...advanced weaponry. Take the recent storage, created from the removal of spacious air supply, and add power to the monster. Additional draw for the thrusters, plated with dallorian alloy, and build additional power for spinal control and limb force." He lifted an object from the case and placed it down on the table. The hand of a prosthetic limb, lacking any syntheskin, as he showed the object to the Voice. "I would take the repulsor technology from this and implant it into the gloves the armor, adding unencumbered power to the lumbering object."

He crossed his arms as he stepped back from the projector and gauged response from Carach. The slightest hint of a smile rested upon the Hand's face. "The changes would add significant weight to the power suit, but the boost in power would compensate and the emboldened thrusters would increase mobility. But I am merely a dreamer...What are your thoughts on the matter?" Reverance was a thing of war, sculpted by the forced necessity of it. While he had a mind towards science and engineering, born from his Arkanian heritage, he had not the resources to fully explore his desires. Perhaps, with Carach's resources, that could change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom