Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field Trip? Field Trip.

dol_guldur_by_tituslunter-d5o8puf.jpg

D E S T R I L L I O N

It was very seldom that a voyage was made to the sister world of Dubrillion. After all, it was a hellhole compared to the planet of oceans and beaches. From above, Destrillion was...murky. Any vessel which looked down upon its dismal surface was greeted with a "dingy" brown. Breaching the atmosphere did not paint a better picture either. The landscape was barren: as if life itself had forsaken the planet. This was a place that the average man, woman, or child would never attempt to call home. However. It was just the sort of place that Sith would happily lay their heads.

And that is why Mand'alor the Reclaimer had come.

Destrillion had once been apart of the first, modern Sith Empire. Although details of what transpired during this period were few and far between, Isley Verd followed his instincts. They told him that this world had been touched by Sith hands on an intimate level: that somewhere among the stones and ash, there was a Temple to claim. Sith were...arrogant in that regard. They always erected for themselves a physical monument to their own power: citadels, temples, and even tombs. Power was kept within those walls, and today, the Mand'alor sought to utilize that might for his own purposes. He was, after all, an Alchemist.

But what was an Alchemist without a proper Forge?

Now, typically, such ventures were best made alone. There were often traps, vengeful spirits, or other monstrosities waiting in the shadows. However. The Mand'alor found that there was no better way to...introduce himself to his children. In recent history, he had found himself reunited with two daughters: [member="Nyx"] and [member="Runi Verin"]. As such, he thought that maybe...just maybe...he could teach them. Maybe, just maybe, he could pass down that which he excelled in to their capable hands. (Or, at the very least, provide an entertaining voyage.)

To this end, Isley steered the Mie'yebo over the barren land...until he could feel the Darkness. It tugged at his very mind, drawing him in the direction of a jagged line on the horizon. The engines purred, propelling the vessel forward with vigor until the structure came into view. The hunch was right...before the Mand'alor's eyes was a structure just waiting to be claimed. At once, Isley guided the vessel to the ground and settled down with a shudder.

"We've arrived." he began, rising out of the pilot's chair. "I've no idea what awaits us inside, so stay close. Alright?"

With that said, the Mandalorian led the way down and out of the vessel, headed towards the Temple's entrance.

[member="Izevel Zambrano"], [member="Runi Verin"], [member="Nyx"]

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
A small grimace creased Runi’s features as she watched the murky planet below grow larger with each passing second. Destrillion. Even from this distance it stood out like a scabrous wound in the force. One that would never quite heal. She ran a hand over the back of her neck, trying in vain to scrub the feeling that had settled in ever since they’d made orbit, growing worse with the descent. There was an unmistakable darkness here; the kind that conjured up unwanted memories of the MandalMotors station above Aeten II. Of the twisted creature that haunted its inner depths.

Fierfek, girl. What the kark are you getting yourself into now?

Her gaze shifted unwittingly towards the cockpit, absently toying with the ring she wore on her index finger. If she was brave enough, she could have found the answer to that question in the form of the man currently attempting to set them down. A man that, until very recently, she’d shared perhaps a dozen or so words with in total. A man…

The grimace deepened, her gaze returning to the bleak sight that awaited them just beyond the viewport. Even Destrillion, in all of its ravaged and tainted glory, was far more preferable than that particular train of thought. The man, [member="Isley Verd"], was Mand’alor. Nothing more, nothing less. She was bound to follow his command through thick and thin, regardless of her thoughts about him personally. And she had quite a few. Most of which could generally be summed up by utilising the extensive vocabulary for expletives she’d honed over a lifetime on the fringe. A life which, other than a few notable exceptions, she didn’t regret in the least. Yet she couldn’t help but wonder what would have happened if things had played out differently.

If certain people had acted differently.

The subtle shift of the deckplates beneath her feet, coupled with the change in pitch of the engine hum, dragged her out of her reverie and let her knew that they were nearing their destination. She snorted softly. Of course, it just had to be practically right on top the epicentre of that twisted darkness. It simply wasn’t a trip unless you risked your soul at least once during the journey.

Whatever is inside, I vote we get it quick.” Runi replied crisply, keeping her gaze firmly locked on the temple that lay before them as the departed the vessel. She honestly didn’t trust herself to do anything else right now. At least she wasn’t alone in this little excursion. Like the Mand’alor, she had barely spoken to [member="Nyx"] thus far. Certainly not enough to really form an opinion of the older woman one way or the other, but she was glad of her presence all the same. Maybe it was true what they said; misery loved company. “I don’t want to be on this rock any longer than needed. A feelin’ I’m pretty sure it shares.

[member="Izevel Zambrano"]

It wasn't often that Izevel brought her son along to do Sith-y things.. This was one of the rare occasions that she had dragged him along beside her. To those that knew Izevel it would be blatantly apparent that the young man with her was dear to her. So it was when she got wind of certain signatures in the force , that she would motion for [member="Never Verd"] to follow her towards the front of the temple, leaving the prey she had been hunting hiding inside.

"Come.. It's about time you met your father.. " Was all she murmured before moving forward quickly it was only then that two more force signatures caught her attention. Those of her daughter's [member="Runi Verin"] and [member="Nyx"] . A hiss of annoyance left the woman's lips.

"Joy. You get to meet your father and your sisters in one go.." It was apparent by his mother's tone that being thrilled was the last thing the woman felt. Halting outside the door, she would actually glare at the man she had created her three children with."Hello [member="Isley Verd"]. Fancy seeing you here. Lovely company you have.."The last part of her greeting was bit out, her gaze shooting to the male behind her, eyes saying he not mention he was Isley's son yet.

Within the force beget a vast array of differentiating users, from the dark to the light the pandemonium of abstract ideas of how the force should best be wielded plagued each side; moreover pitted them against each other when philosophical warfare ceased it's usefulness. As such, it seemed unconventional for a young man bearing the essence of the light side of the force to be introduced to a rock bearing sanctuary for those of the dark. Stranger still, was the tolerance against the powers of the dark side they bore, for the way he held himself was nonchalant in the face of the very sith whom opposed the resonating light he bore. The answer came within the tranquil darkness in the force duel born within his being; a rarity within the force of neutrality. It was to make sense to all upon his very presence as to why this young man had been sheltered for so long away from the rest of his own flesh and blood.

This young man was Never Verd, a grey jedi.

Following his mother obediently, the strange signatures of the force were alien to him, yet familiar at the same time. This became apparent in reason once [member="Izevel Zambrano"] spoke up, declaring the females to be his sisters. And the man, his father. While the young man spoke no words to the three and his stoic expression gave nothing away, his sapphire gaze darted to and from each member of his family to which he was meeting for the first time. He knew not how they would react to one such as him, for though he was similar to dark jedi he was a far cry from their kind by the same respect. Would his very presence bring tension to those of his own blood? Or would they welcome him with open arms? Each second passing brought a murky taste sickly sweet with that of the unknown, despite this the young man focused himself on identifying ad remembering the force signatures of those before him. Not from training, but out of habit.

It wasn't the underlying...awkward...that caused an icy sensation to race down the Mand'alor's spine. Rather, it the manifestation of three—scratch that, two distinct signatures upon his helm's suite of sensors. What set Isley ever so slightly on edge was the fact that two "blips" we're persistent...with a third disappearing just as quickly as it arrived. That alone was enough to encourage the Mandalorian to disembark with his dominant hand placed casually upon the handle of the Darksaber. "If all goes well, this voyage will be brief. However, it would appear that we are far from being alone."

It felt...ill-fitting...to address [member="Runi Verin"] and [member="Nyx"] as thus. After a literal lifetime apart, he wanted every word to matter. He wanted every moment to make up for what he had missed. To simply inform them of what potentially laid ahead, in that moment, felt like squandering a precious opportunity. However, what could Isley possibly say to his children? What justification could be made for decades they could have endured together? There would be time... He hoped.

Heralded by the crunch of his boots upon desolation itself, the presence of the Mand'alor was clearly felt long before he came into view it seemed. Before he could so much as bridge the gap between his vessel and the Temple's entrance, he was greeted with a voice that brought back so many memories. What [member="Izevel Zambrano"] and the young Isley had shared was...electric. But at the same time, grievously irresponsible. Two lives were devoid of what they had deserved: a mother to nurture and a father to protect. Two lives were left to be molded by whatever luck the Galaxy decided to spit their way.

And now, having learned of their existence years later, Isley was left...with a spontaneous combustion in his stomach. Izevel knew. She slid him the name of an orphanage during a time when every Mandalorian was waist-deep in war. She did not tell him that he was a father. She disappeared! She knew. She left them to the wolves. Isley, at least, had come to the delusion that he could have provided for them somehow. That, he could have brought them to safety on Dathomir with their eldest sister. Instead, [member="Nyx"] was subjected to Hell in her orphanage. [member="Runi Verin"] had most lived just as harshly.

And the one who could have prevented such was standing right there, flanked by another.

It took a tremendous sum of effort not to lash out, yet the fury was evident to any sensitive being in close proximity. It rolled off the Mand'alor as waves which reverberated through the Force. Suffice it to say, it took copious effort to keep himself in check; let alone acknowledge the existence of his son...or the third blip for that matter.

"So our children, your children, are just 'lovely company' are they?" he spat. Isley gave a crude thrust of his chin, placing emphasis on Izevel for Nyx and Runi. "This is your mother. Izevel Zambrano."

He took a step forward; an angry one.

"Thank you, oh so much, for telling me that you had dumped our daughters, my daughters, off on random doorsteps."

[member="Izevel Zambrano"], [member="Never Verd"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Runi Verin"]

"Oh cut the crap Isley. You weren't father material then and you sure as hell aren't now.." She ignored his anger to slide a glance at her daughter's she knew them well. Far better than he did. Rolling her eyes she glanced at her daughter's before speaking once more."I won't apologize for my actions. Unlike the naive idiot before me. I didn't hold the pretense that I could care for you. I knew damn well that he could not either... "

It was once more to Isley that she turned not phased by him in the least. If anything is little tantrum was just a testimony to how foolish he still was. It was then that her hand reached out and grasped onto the boy behind her. "In case you haven't noticed. Throwing a tantrum right now will get us nowhere. Do not try to act like some Saint Isley. Because they were better off than to be raised by someone that wasn't as easy as you back in the day... "

Taking a deep breath she continued on once more glancing at her daughter's."I did what I could given the circumstances surrounding bringing you both into the world. If I had things my way I would of found you first. But, I'm not like your father. I don't sleep or kiss-ass my way to the top. I don't have the connections he does.. I know you've had hard lives. I've shadowed you. I understand if you hate me. I would . Just know. All I did was to protect you. I even kept you from your father to protect you from his ways back in the day. Neither of us were mature enough to take you..

It was then that she motioned to the boy behind her, her age flicking to him and reading his reaction. " [member="Never Verd"] , come meet your father and your sisters. Ignore his lashing out like a child. He has no grounds to. Your sisters however.. They may lash out as they please.."

[member="Runi Verin"] [member="Nyx"] [member="Isley Verd"]

Runi Verin

Two pounds shy of a bomb.
This is your mother.

With those four simple words, the world of Runi Verin was irrevocably changed. Like being struck by unseen sucker punch, an all too familiar feeling in recent days, she rocked back a step as she tried to make sense of them. The dust was still settling on how she felt over Isley, or didn’t feel, let alone this strange woman claiming kinship. Things were unfolding simply too fast for her to process the myriad of emotions that were trying to well up inside her. A swirling, chaotic storm that twisted her stomach and wrenched at her chest.

Angry. She thought dully as she brought a hand up to her face, as if it would somehow block the events unfolding before her from both sight and mind in equal measure. She should have felt angry. It was practically her default setting when it came to situations like these. It was a lot easier than trying to deal with the rest of the noise buzzing around her skull at any particular moment. Yet she just felt… numb. Empty. Hollowed out by four simple words. This is your mother. How was someone supposed to react to that?

Her answer arrived in the form of a soft, dry laugh that seemed to bubble forth out of nowhere. A cynical, mirthless sound that caught Runi by surprise and then again when she realised it was coming from her. Dwelling in the middle ground between a lament and a chortle, born from the continual farce that seemed to be her very existence.

Sorry…” The young woman edged out between chuckles, her shoulders shaking with the effort it was taking to try and rein it in. She gave a derisive shake of her head, those messy brown locks swaying across her qukuuf. Tattooed markings that had once meant the world to her, now reduced to simple lines across the blended features of those around her. “Sorry. It’s just… Lady, I don’t know who you are an’ don’t know if I care to, but you’re no more my mother than he is my father.

Her eyes shifted towards Isley Verd, the next part directed just as much at him as it was the woman, [member="Izevel Zambrano"], before her. The laughter was subsiding now. Replaced by the bitter twang of resentment and loss. “Aliit ori'shya taldin. Family is more than blood. I can’t speak for the other two, but…Just because you did the do back in the day, doesn’t give you the right to call yourself my parents. Only one man has ever done enough to lay claim to that title, and even he turned his back on me. As far as I’m concerned, you’re nothin' but strangers. Dust on the wind.

Finally, she turned her attention to [member="Never Verd"] and [member="Nyx"] . “But don’t let that stop you. By all means, you’re welcome to them. Jus’ don’t expect to see any cards from me come Life day, ‘lek?

Frustration beyond words characterized the Mandalorian in that moment. So much so, that forming a response was currently...not an option. Had he not been seeing red, Isley would have been able to articulate some of his wrathful thoughts. Who the kark is she to decide if I'm father material?! would be the gist of any such response. However, from behind the cold stare of his visor, there was only silence. A silence that [member="Runi Verin"] shattered with peals of laughter. Turning, the Mand'alor was greeted with the sight of the woman, his own flesh and blood laughing her karking head off.

Then, between the laughter, she spoke. And each word was an icy dagger, right into the man's gut. She was right to feel this way, after all. She had been abandoned since the day she was born: left to some fate unknown to the Mandalorian. Somehow, she survived and grew into the woman of the present...but it sure as heck wasn't thanks to anything Isley did. He may have been the genetic donor, but as far as parenting went...

His chin lowered. Shame felt like a literal weight on his shoulders. It was enough that, when the third blip manifested again...he didn't even take notice.

"I may not have been the ideal parent, then or now. But the bottom line is that I would have tried. I would have kept you safe, from all harm. I would have been there when you needed me. For better or worse." he began, taking a moment to face the most vocal of his three children. "It wasn't my choice to be ignorant of you. The ability to be more than dust to you was taken from me." He waved his hand in Izevel's general direction. "And all I want is a chance. One chance. Let me do right by you, Runi. Nyx. Never."

"Please."

[member="Runi Verin"], [member="Nyx"], [member="Never Verd"], [member="Izevel Zambrano"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom