Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Field of Honor OOC

The rules are simple. There are two sets and its really simple:

Combatants!
No armor is allowed
Primitive weapons (Fists, sword, shield, ax, bow and arrow, beskar bricks, etc) only
Last warrior standing wins the fight

Observers!
Don't interfere with the fight, you'll be forcibly evicted into orbit
Drink, eat, have fun, comment on the fight, place bets
Play nice

See? Simple. Last thing:

The fight ends Monday, July 25th at midnight EST

[member="Mara D'Lessio Merrill"]
astronauts.jpg

Basically, not everyone is familiar with the Nominees, and there hasn't been much talk of what each one plans on doing besides "Let's have a duel."

I'm certainly not alone in wondering what kind of threads and RP's does each nominee plan on pushing and actively participating in? How they intend on pushing the faction into its next chapter? What new and interesting Ideas are they contemplating, what methods are tried and true they plan on bringing back? And the like.

Let's keep the thread clean, and start with just the pitches and rough outlines from [member="Davon Karr"] [member="Arrbi Betna"] [member="Ra Vizsla"] [member="Anija Betna"] and open up the floor for some questions after they've been given the chance to speak their piece.

RA VIZSLA's OOC PLATFORM
Why you should vote for me.

Who I Am:

Tefka, the site owner of the forum. Yes, it is intensely unfair for me to be running for nomination of FO of this faction - as for most new and old people, I am one of the most known faces on this forum. Let's go ahead and get this out of the way - please don't vote based on that, please look at each candidate and vote based on our merits. You have nothing but good choices.

However, there will be reasons I am running for Faction Owner of this Major Faction, reasons that will be listed below. I hope you'll hear them out before you disregard me as intrusive and upsetting to the natural order of Major Factions. Trust me, nobody cares more about organic evolution of this website's community more than I - I've fought an entire team of Staff members for it for literal years.

Reason #1: Faction Leader Inactivity/Laxation.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the current Faction Staff team, but activity for this faction has fallen to an all-time low. It is no small coincidence that upon my joining a few days ago that our Dominion - started in May - sprouted to near completion within a handful of days. Everyone has a reason for their activity dwindling, and most reasons are legit. I've seen it time and time again - life's responsibilities overtake the responsibilities/duties as a Major Faction owner and suddenly SWRP is the burden - not the hobby. As most people here are ill equipped to handle those difficult conversations of "can we move on to something new", the current order of leadership stays the same and eyes begin to look elsewhere for outlets of activity instead of fixing what is right in front of them. Major Factions can never be and never were meant to be supported by one body, one voice. There must be a constant passing of the torch to bring in new blood and activity. I feel like this is a lesson forgotten by the current leadership, and I've seen it more times than I can count.

Reason #2: I have really wanted to play a Mandalorian.

They're second in my heart only to the Yuuzhan Vong, as I love exploring the major cultures of Star Wars - I've just never found a good time or outlet. Well, I did, but I'll cover that in my next point.

Reason #3: My roots grow deep.

Not only did I help usher [member="Sarge Potteiger"] as one of the first major Mandalores' of this community, but back when the board was first created (Dark Ages) - I made the faction. The first three people or so I roleplayed with were struggling to get the website rolling, and we were all Mandalorians. Mine was a bit of a drunkard, completely unlike my current incarnation - but it fell to the wayside in lieu of other more prospering ventures, such as the Galactic Republic.

Reason #4: I want to return the Mandalorians to our traditions, our heritage, our history.

I feel like most people just throw around apostrophes and Mando dictionary words to fit in, but I really want to entice people into exploring the Resol'nare and draw inspiration from actual Mandalorian heroes - like Indomitable, Ultimate, Uniter, Jaster Mereel, Boba Fett - and pull us further away from this concept that to be competitive with other factions, we have to be Jedi and Sith Masters at the same time. While I would still allow it, I would advise against it - roleplayers are at their best when they have to use their brains, and Mandalorians are at their best when facing a stronger foe. Even the most basic foot soldier Mandalorian should be a feared force to reckon with - equated with any level of Force User - in the Chaos galaxy. I fear that this faction has caved into the ever escalating Force User landscape and has begun utilizing its Force Users as the first line of defense against other Force Users, rather than falling back on what we're strongest with and what our many traditions demand.

Reason #5: I view this current generation of Mandalorians as way too passive.

For those of you who do know me when I've led factions, I can be a bit chaotic. I like surprises. I like invasions. I like skirmishes. I like white knuckling your keyboard. But I'll do so with a cool head, a reasonable maturity, and an earnest respect of other factions and their faction leaders. I bring an iron fist to the drama train, and I have a solid history of exercising control over situations where everyone gets a little too tense and into the game. For a little more than two months, as a roleplayer, I handled negotiations between the OS and the Republic and did so in a fair and balanced way. All parties will attest that when I took over, things went much smoother. If I can handle them at their height of dramatic flair, I can handle any tense situations with the Mandalorians and ensure that as little drama reaches us as possible and all hostile IC interactions with other factions are handled in a mature and responsible way.

Reason #6: I'm not the reason for this vote/nomination - I'm an outsider.

I mean absolutely no disrespect to the other nominees. I know some of them personally, and some of them only from a distance - they're all great people. They're all great leaders. I have immense respect for them and wish them all the best in this nomination and the proceeding duel. But... with the knowledge that exactly half of us nominees are a part of the current faction administration that led us to questioning whether we needed a new FO, do we really want to vote in circles... or forward?

Summary

I am more than just a personality candidate, which most of you know me as. I am more than an Administrator, which I am more than capable of separating from my duties as your next potential FO to ensure a fair and balanced narrative for our days to come. I know how to play the game and I've played it for years, on this forum and others. At a minimum, you will punch people and yell cool @#$% at them while you do it. At a maximum, we will attain our rightful place as the bastion of honor and glory for all Mando'ade, and our next few months together will be unforgettable.

TL;DR: I want to hit things and do cool @#$%, and I want you to do it with me.

I’m Davon Karr’s writer. I write a number of characters: Raziel, Khallesh, and Jacen Voidstaker are probably my most prominent. I’ve been a part of the leadership of several factions on this site and on other RP sites over the last 16 years. I made a Mandalorian because it’s an aspect of Star Wars lore I’ve never truly dived into, having generally been put off by characters using too many apostrophes and beskar without wrapping any of the rich heritage into their roleplay. I joined at a low ebb and got involved with Anija and tried to help things along with Agamar.

Respectfully antagonistic: The best moments of the Major Factions of chaos are defined by their opponents. The Omega Protectorate was at its peak defeating the CIS, the One Sith when they were focussed on the destruction of the Republic. This faction was a huge player in wiping out the Sith Empire and the New Order. At the same time every story is a collaborative effort that requires a level of engagement and maturity from both sides. I have a good relationship with Admin teams across nearly all the Major Factions and have been very successful mediating disputes both as a RPJ and Faction Admin before. The attitude has been too passive. Alderaan would have been far more active if it had been a true aggressive invasion. Good and Bad is just perspective. The Alliance is led by religious fanatics on a crusade, the people of the Silver Sanctum are let down by weak and cowardly leaders who cannot protect them, the One Sith have carried our mass genocide, the Republic is a cesspit of corruption whose warriors are known for their crimes, not their honour. All would benefit from the Mandalorian way.

Admin led…: I’ve plenty of experience in leadership roles and a will to lead this faction back to its former glory. As for leading I can bring raw activity too. This may sound simple, but I can bring consistent posting to take our stories forward. I’ve posted to one RP thread nearly 600 times since February and I’ve been juggling around eight active characters consistently. Far more of my focus will fall upon the Mandalorians if I get elected.

…Member driven: The Faction Admin team provide the direction for the Faction, but the membership need to freedom to drive their own ideas forward. Subfactions, units and organisations should be live or die by their own merits with a little guidance from the Faction leadership. I’ve always tried to encourage creativity and activity rather than take full control and stifle ideas. Creativity and enjoyable, interesting concepts that turn heads across the board are what bring members to a faction. I’d bring these myself, but embrace ideas put forward and give members the power to carry them out.

Right now this faction is a disparate collection of writers who barely write together, the only common theme: the tag under their names. When people think Star Wars, they think Sith and Jedi, Stormtroopers and Mandalorians. We need a strong brand and a clear focus and activity that will bring more members to the party as we leave our mark on the Chaos Galaxy rather than sit idle on the fringes.

The nominees were asked in a PM recently if we would go to war with the Mandalorian Empire by a member who will remain unnamed.

I cannot answer this question. My character does not possess the information currently to make this decision. However, one of the first things my character would do if I win the nomination is approach Clan Verd in an effort to resolve many of my questions.

IC, While their current actions are deplorable, there must be a reasonable explanation and I intend to seek it.

Jak Skirata

J
[member="Ra Vizsla"]

Just think with Ra at our side maybe we can take down those miserable Vong and return those horrible Wastelands to Mandalorian hands :D

Anija Betna's OOC Platform

Currently, I am the Faction Owner for the Mandalorians. I have been since not long after Wayland (roughly early October of 2015). I've been writing here for a little over two years, and my main focus has always been on the Mandalorian faction. I've written Mandalorians on a couple other forums, and Anija specifically since about 2009 although it was in a slightly different incarnation than she is now. Otherwise, I've been writing since about 1999 on various boards, and also been working on some fanfics. I've been staff at one board before this, and founded another, which survived for a good three years.

Having been the faction owner for close to a year, I've seen it change, even in so short a span of time. In January, the Staff launched a story arc for the Faction, in hopes that it would help bolster activity. It did, for the most part. We got a few Doms under our belts. And for the first time since the loss at Wayland last year, we won an invasion as a faction. That was a pretty awesome moment. Originally, the idea of the invasion was spawned by [member="Captain Larraq"], in response to the Replublic's seizing of Mandalorian assets in the Roches system and in other areas in Republic space. We decided to respond ICly to IC events. Which is how it should always be.

And, from everything I've read of the IC thread, it went off well. People really took to the story of it, and were able to find ways to get involved and to expand upon their characters. As a faction, we really pulled together. And that is what really matters. We came together to defend what was ours. I was always awed by the depth of writing and the reaction of each pperson to the events in the invasion, and for some in particular, it set off an entire different chain of events. I've always been a big supporter of threads that help bring the faction together, and this really did it in a big way.

That's the kind of things I want to foster as we move forward. I'd really like to see the faction come together again as it did then. To that end, I'd like to see more faction focused threads. Dominions are a good place to start, or threads like [member="Draco Vereen"]'s beast hunts or [member="Arrbi Betna"]'s raids. Things that really bring the Mandalorians back to their roots. As to Dominions themselves, I have always tried to have them be about more than gaining dots on a map. It's about the story of it. How can we use the Dominions and other such threads to grow as a faction?

I know a great many of you want the faction-focused threads. And still others thrive on Invasions and Dominions. We are after all, writing members of a warrior culture. Time and again I have seen activity soar when an Invasion is active, or when there is a Dom or other faction thread going which many find interesting. I want to be able to help give you that momentum and drive like we had with Roche.

I know a great many of you are curious about our current IC relations with the Mandalorian Empire. IC wise, there is certainly tension, as seen in several recent threads. But, we strive to keep it IC. Currently there are efforts underway to maintain the friendly atmosphere between both groups. But we all know that sometimes IC events can throw a wrench in any plan. The most notable of which lately would be the death of[member="Ember Rekali"] following the second skirmish above Mandalore. The staff of both factions are doing what they can to maintain relations between both groups. But in the end, I'm curious to see where IC events might take that, as well.

I'd like to offer another question, albeit kind of a goofy one. Every Manda'lor has had a suffix, such as "Mandalore the indomitable" or "Mandalore the First." Ideally, what would your suffix be? How would history remember you?

[member="Funky Balor"]

I've been asked this question a few times.

Regardless of what is posted in the EU, I refuse to believe Mandalore the First, Mandalore the Ultimate, Mandalore the Indomitable - any of these guys - made up their own titles. It's one of the biggest mistakes and most ego-driven things this community has gotten wrong, in my honest opinion. If my character were to strive for the title of Mandalore, I would not give myself a suffix.

Mandalore is and has always been a servant, a weapon, and the first line of defense - of the Mandalorian people. If my character were to acquire the title, the suffix would be named either by the people immediately or after my character's death.

Becoming Mandalore makes you beholden to those you would defend. They have the right to name you.

Not you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom