Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Festival of the Lotus | Open To All

Darth Osano

D
[member="Athena Heron"]

No servers passed by Maleagant's free arm, so he imagined he would be drink-less for the majority of the celebrations. It was an inconvenience he was happy to endure. Also a blessing, because he might have choked on it when Athena started talking about fighting Sith, artifact hunting, and torture. She should have been more careful than that. Who could know who was listening? Owing up to crimes in public was never a good idea, no matter how muted the confession was. Maleagant glanced suspiciously at one of the golems as they continued.

"Such a joker," he said, voice low but also strained. "Be careful, someone could take that out of context."

Of course, essentially everything she said was the context. The context of being an independent Sith, strutting about the galaxy doing her own thing. It was incredibly...

Attractive.

Anyway, there was a conversation going on. "I was raised on Lianna. The climate is more sociable."

He could sense their presence, even in a crowd of this multitude, force users who potentially could give him a challenge and that brought a smile to his lips. Many of his foes have come and gone, some cut down by his blades or scheme, while others by an equally brutal tyrant called time. They were nothing more than ghosts of the past, he was still here and still ever the dangerous player in the game. Who would walk i pnto his lure this time he wondered, as he signed up for the event.

Saber fighting was always a good way to stay sharp and ahead of the competition, besides there were precious few in the universe who could defeat his three blade technique. Still it was always a pleasure to crush their hopes and ambitions when they they tried. Waiting for his name to be called, he took anther sip from his glass of brandy, perhaps he should place a wager on himself as well, just to make it interesting.

[member="Lady Kay"]

"That is why I've pushed for Commenor to be involved in this new trade agreement..." Veiere chuckled quietly, "Though your ambassadors aren't so sure my intentions are for the best of Commenor, they seem to hold a certain reluctance to cooperate with me like they once did...-Fortunately, I still have you to get me passed all these ridiculous things" he was joking in good humor though there was truth behind the proposed abuse of powers, Kay had always been there to push him on ahead as a figurehead in the Palace of Commenor. A simple bodyguard when she had been accepted in the coronation, he had wound up advising the security personnel right up until the new establishment of a minister, regardless of having no official position within the body of government.

"With our two worlds in business together, I think we can make the most of the peoples tax to meet on a regular basis..." He smirked broadly now, leaning into her with a slight nudge, the pair walking among the crowded like they were common folk. It was good to be out there in the simplicity of normal living, no bodyguards or personnel rushing to their protection from the opinions and criticisms of the people. As if they couldn't rightly protect themselves, Veiere had walked three decades wielding a lightsaber and battling injuctice before coming to the place that he held and that independence and strength of self wasn't an easy thing to put in the background, no matter how many soldiers wished to live his life for him.

Lark

Saint of the Damned
Lark sat perched atop the head of one of the many golems that crowded Luminoss, like a silent stone gargoyle overlooking the unfamiliar city. He was completely motionless, most people that walked by didn't notice him silently observing the area. He was resting for a moment, legs pulled close to his chest, arms wrapped around his knees. He had been scouting out the area for the past few hours, developing a mental map so he would always know exactly where he was. As expected, the place was quite complex. There were different districts, winding alleyways, and all of them looked the same. It would be easy for one to feel overwhelmed and lost. Especially with the reduced presence of the Force.

Lark hadn't quite pinned down what was causing that. There was probably technology capable of achieving such a feat, but he hadn't seen any kind of nullifiers. Lark was barely trained in the ways of the Force, so the absence of it hardly was a hindrance to him. Just another curiosity to add to the growing list of oddities.

He intended to discover what exactly this place was, and he had a feeling the best way to do that would to get involved with the games. He had signed up for the Tournament of the Saber, he had always been a good fighter. Perhaps he'd do well. Even if he didn't, he'd get glimpses of secrets that would remain unknown to others. Maybe he'd get a closer look at this "Tefka." He'd also been registered onto a Hutt Ball team, perhaps he'd be needed there.

Lark studied the Grand Bazaar, and the stadium that loomed behind it. He might need to head over there soon, and he had enough rest. Whatever happened next, he'd be ready.

@Mobius @Asmus Janes

Yeah, that was the thing. With her line of work, Kaile had to make sure she kept a low profile. It was one of the very reasons why she constantly would dye her hair, use different colored contacts, and switch accents and languages. It was where her Lorrdian heritage came into play, allowing her to blend in and out with her surroundings.

Thankfully, Asmus took point and diverted the attention back to himself. Although, reckon anyone could rightfully consider one of the former Rogue Commanders to be a hero.

It even made Kaile's smile broaden a bit wider.

"Reckon everyone will be. Lots of folks. Figure there might even be a few side bets going on in and out with the games." she diverted towards another subject. Gambling. It was perfectly legal here, as were side bets.

"Hear that the podrace is gonna be rather spectacular. Lots of good podracers."

[member="Kaileann Vera"] [member="Mobius"]

Whilst Asmus might have watched the smoke ring drift over his head, their J-Series droid was positively focused on it. The droid turned its head and watched it dissipate and then snapped its optical receptors back towards Mobius to watch the next one fly. Jay-Four really needed to get out more.

"I'm not even sure I'm allowed a flutter you know?" Asmus bemoaned. He was partial to a little gamble now and then. He'd always been quite good at cards and other mathematical games and you couldn't avoid gambling in a shadow port with a crew of smugglers. "Being an Incom employee with them having a pod in the races."

"Have you been here long?" he asked, trying to find out a little more about the location. He'd missed Tefka's speach. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't catch you name either. This is Talulah, fortunately not an Incom employee so she can gamble on my behalf!"

[member="Benedict Rotadaria"]
ooc: Sorry bout that was busy for awhile.

"No idea" she says and follows behind him. Walking up to the bar she nods at the barkeep. "Got any food as well? Long flight from Silver Space." Looking over at the Rodian she eyes him. "What events are you doing?"

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay had to laugh. Yes, with herself being Queen, it was much easier for the two governments to partner up. One would have to wonder what would happen should [member="Veiere Arenais"] and Kay ever got married. Any thoughts of simplicity for it all would be down the tubes. But they weren't near such a proposal yet. There was far too much on their plates already.

"I would hope that we aren't away from eachother's company for long. My government is becoming more reliable. Or maybe I'm just taking my Doctor's advice more and deligating my stress. Though at times I'm just itching to do it all myself. And I'm taking your advice by doing more things for fun. Darlyn and I are entered in the Mazerunner. Will you watch and cheer for us?" She wasn't sure if the Dominion had their own teams.

They soon approached one of the eating areas, complete with a bar. Kay spotted [member="Red Cloud"] , one of the free agents on her team's roster. She gave him a small bow of her head, then looked up to Veiere. "Shall we get something to drink? Are you hungry?" This was their first real 'date', and Kay was quite out of practice with the whole thing.

[member="Darlyn Excron"] was here too then? Veiere hadn't expected that they were getting along that well, after the news of his behind the scenes agreement with him. Still it would be good to know that Darlyn had indeed turned out to be reliable and trustworthy to them both. Veiere had been right to tell Kay, there were no secrets between them and it had obviously done no harm to Darlyn's credit...

"The Mazerunner?" he questioned, glancing back to her with a slight laugh, "I take it that's just as what it sounds to be...-So you're gonna be trapped in some labyrinthine box with Darlyn hm? A lesser man might be jealous!" He teased, a broad grin to his expression as he eyed her cheekily. He trusted Darlyn, the man was without a fault as far as character went from what Veiere had experienced, said jealousy wasn't a thing between the three of them and yet it amused him to wait on her response because of it.

"And yes, certainly...-Why not fill up on food before you go dashing into this abyss..." He replied with sarcastic enthusiasm, taking her arm into his and glancing around for the nearest stall; "Though prey tell what delectable cancer you would have us consume here, much of it would sooner see you sweat before you even make the starting line..." he mused. These fast foods, he'd never really much bothered with. Not for any real lack of distaste but rather keeping a healthy diet had helped to sustain the energies he needed within his day to day training and other miscellaneous adventuring.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed at [member="Veiere Arenais"] ' comment on her being trapped in a mazebox with Darlyn. "Well it's a good thing that you aren't a lesser man." She grinned back at him. In truth he had nothing to worry about. There was no one trying to break her and Veiere up, especially as not many knew them to begin with. He was the only one sweeping her off her feet.

Kay took his arm, sticking her tongue out at his sarcastic comment about the food. "Honestly, where's your sense of adventure? We're allowed to let our hair down every once in a while. It's good for us. A bantha burger sounds good. With all the fixings." She wasn't sure if she'd be allowed to bring food or water to the mazerunner, but she had packed some rations just in case.

"You know..." He said, working his way around a short laugh before continuing with the rather amusing thought, "If we do ever end up, by some miracle, retiring together with me being too fat to get off my recliner, I'm going to remind you of this day..." He shook his head in mock-shame for the travesty that he was about to commit with her, "Bantha burger it is then..." He looked back at her with something of a bemused grin, clearly entertained though not without a side of pessimism.

Veiere didn't wait for Kay to move on the food but instead sought to handle it himself, nodding to the owner of the small venue and ordering them both a bantha burger with 'the works', which of course meant all the sides filled with thousands of calories and other heart stopping goodies. Sure, perhaps in his mind he was overthinking the whole thing though the problem with foods like these were that people could come to enjoy the taste so much that they often found the convenience of it all much more enjoyable than the result of hard work and a healthy diet. Again, he acted first when it came to paying for the meal, not having any desire to let Kay manage it herself, he instead paid for them both as was the proper thing to do in his mind. Had she be so independant that she had a problem with this...-Well, she could lecture him about it as she always did but Veiere had told himself long ago that he would always provide for her when it was within his power to do so.

"After a drink too? Something to wash it all down that we might not choke on this death defying meal..." he smirked broadly. Sure, maybe he was going a little out of his way to tease her now though all in good and playful banter, naturally.

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Kay stuck her tongue out at [member="Veiere Arenais"] as he tried to insinuate that one bantha burger was going to make them instantly overweight like a Hutt and be their downfall. As if it were that simple. Then their enemies would fight them with food instead of weapons, rendering them all to be useless and ripe for slaughter....But that of course was a silly notion.

She had planned on sharing the cost, and yet Veiere didn't even hesitate when he ordered and paid. It was almost as if he didn't want her to. Well, she'd repay him later. Not by the way of credits, but by a well cooked meal that she'd prep herself, in order to balance off the junky foods that they were going to partake in.

"Something fruity would be nice, but no alcohol." Tea was her usual drink, and Veiere knew that, but it was good to have something else on ocassion too.

She smiled a little to herself. Everyone else was just a blur around her, their noise nothing but static. Today was just about her and the man that she was getting to know and fall in love with all over again. Thank the Force she hadn't lost him.

Now there was a thought, seeing as they were going all out on the food, why not treat himself to an alcoholic beverage. Oh what a list they had, everything from Corellian Whiskey to Daruvvian champagne, Veiere however much preferred the Whiskey over anything else and that was only on the rare occasion that he did drink. "One Corellian Whiskey, double, on the rocks.. and one Muja fritz, if you'd be so kind..." He ordered for them both, again being certain to pay for them himself. The Muja Fritz was of course something fruity as was the juice that came from Muja fruit, however with a kind twist of Roonan-lemonade to make the drink come with something more of a pop to it's taste.

Turning back to find [member="Lady Kay"] watching him somewhat, he smirked a little. "Well if we're going to be going all out, we may as well go all the way...-Don't worry, yours is non-alcoholic..." He handed her the tall glass of fizzy fruit juice before swirling his own glass in his left hand, eyeing it with something of a pleased look to himself, as if he had accomplished something written up on his bucket list. Bringing the glass to his lips, he took a fair sized sip and savored the taste before swallowing it back and smiling albeit awkwardly through the burn, a slight cough leaving him as he had underestimated the suppliers measurement of alcohol to the drink mix. "Phew, it's been some time..." He chuckled quietly to himself, his gaze finding the chef as he waved the pair over.

"Food's ready..." He added, taking Kay by the waist with his right arm, looking to her with a cheeky wink of an eye before guiding her back to the food stall. There the two would take their meals served upon disposable plates and finding a casual arrangement of tables, Veiere soon led her to them where they might sit down, enjoy the bite to eat as well as those who walked the environment about them.

"This is nice, you know...-I'm glad you twisted my arm. It's nice to go somewhere where I don't have to care so much about the public eye, nor have to care about whatever else is going on around me...-Feels like so much of my time is spent worrying about others, it's easy to forget how to look out for yourself...-Y'know?" he glanced back at her, burger in both hands and about to take a bite before he second guessed the remark. By now she should know the feeling again, yet it was easy to take the company for granted and speak so casually, forgetting the days that were just behind them now. "What with being Queen and all..." He added so to ensure the remark wouldn't bother her.

Kay-Larr

Kay laughed a little as [member="Veiere Arenais"] remarked on them going all out. Yes, they were both letting their hair down, and with others around too. Although most were strangers in a strange place.

She took her Muja Fritz in hand and had a sip, sneezing a little as the bubbles went up her nose. Fizzy drinks were not something that she had very often. Tea or water, the occasional sip of Commenori brandy, that was what she was used to. The sugar inside was very easy to pick out amongst the fruity flavour. It seemed as though they both had a reaction to their drinks, with Veiere coughing. That made her laugh even more.

Kay walked with him to gather their meal, balancing her drink and plate on a tray as Veiere led her to a table. She sat down, setting her tray in front of her and licking her lips in anticipation as she took the bantha burger in hand. It looked and smelled delicious. Her eyes went from the burger to Veiere as he held his burger in mid air and spoke of the simplicity in the moment. And he was right, she didn't look after herself as well as she should. But she was working on it. There was a handful of people that were helping her to delegate, helping her to cope with her trauma. Where did that leave her with regards to the Sith and the Jedi? She wasn't so sure. And now wasn't the time to worry about such things.

"This is really nice. I wonder if this is what a normal life is like...." She took in a big bite of her burger, some of it's contents spilled out, dropping onto her plate. Such a messy meal, but boy did it taste good. Not quite as good as a well cooked steak, but tastey regardless. Kay chewed down her bite before speaking. "I could certainly use more days like this every one in a while." And more days with him. Her eyes spoke her thoughts as she took another bite. Hopefully the call for the Mazerunner wouldn't interrupt them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom