Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Festival of Tea

iduee4m.png

GATALENTA
MARKETPLACE
- Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn - Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun - Cass Gemini Cass Gemini - Xeno Xeno - Kay-Larr Kay-Larr -

As the new group of four, bonded by an appreciation for all things hot leaf juice, headed into the festival market, Alicio kept pace with Cass as she made conversation. At her thinly (if at all) veiled flirting attempt, he could only cover his mouth with a shy hand, and laugh. "Thank you for the compliment. It truly means the world, although I certainly wouldn't call myself as rich or powerful as some."

He was quiet a moment as the procession traveled into the festival proper, collecting his thoughts before responding. This gave the group a chance to enjoy some peculiar teas. "Nor have I," he said in response to Tiland's amazement, cautioning a sip, and risking a content smile, before turning back to Cass.

"Ah, in response to your previous question, I'm from Alderaan, here looking for a gift for my Cousin. She's helped me so much without asking for anything in return, I'm trying to... repay her kindness, in what little ways I can." He raised his voice a bit, inviting the rest of the group to respond. "If anyone has any gift ideas for the woman who has everything, I'm all ears."

He spied a small booth that caught his eye. Sphaera Tea Company. He turned to the group, looking them each in the eyes in turn. "Do we all want sweets? It can be my treat."

Last edited:
iduee4m.png

"Take one strip on the tongue," the yellow man said, holding up a tiny paper square. Printed on the square was a pink symbol of a cartoon character - a rather innocuous image for something so powerful.

Percival took the strip and laid it on his tongue. He was sitting at a table in an out of the way area of the tea-testing pavilion, and apart from the strips of thin paper being covertly exchanged, simply looked like he was any other patron.

"The other strip will go in the bottom of the cup." The yellow man placed another square in an empty teacup, then poured some tea into it. Steam tickled Percival's nose as he lifted the cup to his mouth.

"Careful, it's hot," the yellow man warned, but Percival ignored him and down the entire thing. The tea may have scalded his insides, but he couldn't feel pain. All he cared about was getting the drug into his system as fast as possible.

A few minutes passed. Percival waited, his fingers clenching and unclenching. It didn't take long before he began to feel the effects. Warped perceptions, auditory and visual hallucinations, a feeling of euphoria. Then, after approximately six minutes, he felt it.

The Force. It was all around him, a vast network of energy that bound all life together. The intricacy of circuitry and the power of a trillion stars. It stretched out in all directions, seemingly infinite.

Percival stared off into space, his jaw clenching. The yellow man tapped a finger against his knuckles to get his attention, and as the Chaplain turned his head, tears leaked from his eyes.

"Try not to look so obvious," the man muttered in a low voice. "The tea can't be that good, after all."

"Deychin? I'll have to try that." Hollis blinked when Cass flinched and almost asked if she was okay. But the woman rubbed her stomach and mentioned the baby was kicking. Her eyes shifted towards her belly, but she refrained from touching. "That's sweet," she said, smiling.

Again, she glanced towards the elder, Tiland. The man seemed to be enjoying the violet tea as well, which made Hollis motion to the vendor that she'd like a small bag of loose leaf to take home. Just as she just about emptied her purse buying the tea – it was quite expensive – she felt her stomach growling. However, with perfect timing, Alicio offered to buy them some sweets.

"Thanks!" Hollis said, glancing to the young man. Buying food for Hollis was always the surest way to gain a friend for life. She spotted his eyes shift in the direction of a booth, Sphaera Tea Company. And she noted the delicious-looking baked goods sitting under little clear domes. Hollis walked over with a bounce in her step.

"Hello," she said politely to the woman with a nametag. "I'll take... that one, please." Hollis pointed at the largest pastry available. "And, erm, he's paying." she said, with a wide smile and a look towards Alicio -- her new best friend.

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun , Alicio Organa Alicio Organa , Cass Gemini Cass Gemini , Xeno Xeno , Kay-Larr Kay-Larr , Percival Io Percival Io

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
'Cessy' didn't spend all of her time just standing there waiting for customers to show up to her booth. No, she was acting like an obsessive-compulsive person, making sure that everything was in it's proper place and at the right angle. Various kettles of hot water were boiling so that samples of tea could be made. All the tags were in front of the various bozes and bundles of little tea satchels.

She smiled at Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn as she approached, taking note of the large pastry the young lady had ordered. Taking hold of a napkin, she lifted the dome with her other hand and collected the selected pastry, holding it out for her. "I hope you enjoy it. This is one of my favourites and goes well with Oola tea." Her gaze then settled on Alicio Organa Alicio Organa . "That'll be five credits, please."

Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun Cass Gemini Cass Gemini Percival Io Percival Io Xeno Xeno

Cass Gemini Cass Gemini Kay-Larr Kay-Larr Xeno Xeno Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Percival Io Percival Io Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

"Thank you, but no thank you," Tiland said with a smile as the young man asked about foods. "At my age, I don't eat very much anymore." Or really, in a long time. He would occasionally nibble on something, just to keep in practice, or perhaps make a vegetarian soup to drink, but that was about it.

He followed them over to the table where the pastries were being sold and studied the banner, a slight frown on his face, before looking to the woman working it. "I had not known Sphaera was still active these days."

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
'Cessy' looked to Tiland Kortun Tiland Kortun as the old man had arrived. There was a recognition for him in her eyes. Oh yes, she remembered him popping by her shoppe on Altiria and having a chat over tea. But the details of that conversation were lost in memory. It couldn't of been that good as evident of the slight frown on his face. Or perhaps he didn't agree with all of her products. Regardless she hadn't gotten into any trouble for the products that were considered illegal or perhaps even immoral in some jurisdictions. But she was very careful with them and knew what to take with her during these little markets and what to keep back at home.

"Oh yes, it's still running with an expanded warehouse thanks in part to the production of Empire Coffee. Is there anything that you're looking for?" The last thing that she needed or wanted was trouble. She was just earning a living.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom