Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Festival of Rain | Ord Providence

MOSHED-2022-8-29-22-15-42.jpg

Ord Providence, Parade of Spirits
Tags: Felix Faraday Felix Faraday

Rayne_divider.png

<"Lucky you, I not most people,">

"Oh"

An awkward smile spread across the tall Twi'lek's face. Rayne rather sheepishly returned the radio to the empty stall, giving a faint chuckle.

I suppose you aren't, she signed, very casually slipping back into instinct. I guess that makes things simpler.

Rayne gave an amused snicker as he lamented bringing up food, bringing her hand up to her face as she let out a silent laugh. The young woman gave a faint shrug before continuing to sign.

I'll eat anything if it's spicy, she noted. I'm not picky.

She frowned, tilting her head to the side while giving the man a concerned look. His hair was matted now, covered in water. Was he cold? Or going to get sick? She felt kind of bad now that she had taken his coat, even if it was self inflicted.

You okay? She asked. You're not cold?

A flicker of hot anger sparked in the air between them. Cora didn't miss it - nor did she miss the brief aggression of the other woman's hands as they grasped her own, ire melting away like sugar in the rain as she found herself being twirled about.

"Oh, er," Grasping for words, Cora's voice faded as she tried to get a handle on the smiling dancer. "No, it's my fault. I lost control of my umbrella, my apologies."

At least Rayne didn't seem to let being struck bother her. She didn't seem like the type to let anything bother her, really.

Cora allowed herself to be spun around once, twice, before she pulled away a bit to steady herself before her vision could start swimming.

"Rayne, I'm Cora. Is your face alright? I did hit you pretty hard.”

She didn't give the girl's false name a second thought, not when she was more concerned with assaulting a stranger.

Syala Syala

The old man walked up to the the white haired woman, and the togruta boy. His cane snapping the ground ever so lightly as he walked up. A smile heavily plastered onto his face. A presence that from first glace seemed rather unassuming. Watching them curiously as they ate and snacked upon the foods given to others within the festival.

"Ah o'children. Enjoying such a fine day among many of these pleasantries. Indeed, these snacks are quite delectable."

Extending an old withered hand, he kissed the hand of the woman. Bowing his head like any respectable gentleman would. Turning his attention to the feasting Togruta, the smile deepened further. Almost a painful smile for how wide and open it was. The crow's feet in his eyes folding as a jolly old man.

"A young man needs to eat. Grow strong in the force yes? O'child mine, such a ravenous hunger you have in more ways than one."

Turning to the both of them, his next words seemed to be dripping from his mouth.

"Would you two care to accompany me on his blissful day? I fear it is the first time I have been without my love to one of these."

Good Sofiel Good Sofiel Ko Vuto Ko Vuto Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to Jonyna Si Jonyna Si Kai'lyn Kai'lyn Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Xeno Xeno Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Felix Faraday Felix Faraday Spek Zhio Spek Zhio Syala Syala

Last edited:

NLnLGVJ.png

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png
Hearing his master admit to not planning very far ahead was not really news to the padawan. In fact Ko often found himself helping Jonyna with scheduling. Something he saw as one of her main shortcomings. A jedi should be mindful of the future. Then again not at the expense of the moment, so perhaps the cathar woman just really preferred to live in the moment. That could be seen as commendable.

“Hmm, yeah kinda, but I have some doubts that they’ll have anything here I can eat you know?” Ko replied to her question. Thinking the local Godoans didn’t have anything that could accommodate his primarily liquid diet. “I imagine we might find something that’ll catch our eyes though I’m sure.” He felt like that should work well with his master’s more ‘go with the flow’ attitude on things. Ko had seen some dancing too but he wasn’t quite sure if he’d wanna do that with Jonyna, specifically after his embarrassing blunder he experienced before with Lily.

Kostodu walked up the ornate steps to the entrance of the New House, nodded at the guards by the doors, and entered the grand chamber. He wiped his boots on a vibrant green mat, then walked further into the room. There were people all around, eating, talking, and laughing, setting a warm, welcoming environment.

Surely Kostodu would recognize some people from the Jedi Temple. He looked around the room...then at the food table...and his mouth began to water. All types of food, just sitting there for anyone to eat. Immediately, the Twi'lek picked up his pace, angling straight towards the end of the table...and got cut off by another person. Damn. Now to hope they didn't take all the Meilooruns.

Tags: Open

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
Parade of Spirits - Festival of Rain - Ord Providence
Rayne Lo'to Rayne Lo'to || @OPEN
VVVDHjr.png

Spicy food was her favorite? In a way, it had almost been the opposite of his own personal favorites. Not that he was knocking on spicy food at all. Perhaps he'd try a few dishes she felt inclined to try herself. After all, food always tasted better with the right company.

And it was great his company right now had an excellent sense of humor. He mirrored the smile and chuckle from Rayne for a few moments, and only soured for a flash of a second when her own expression become concerned for him.

Oh no.

Right. Straightening his back and setting his shoulders rigid, Felix stood as tall and resolute as he could manage. His stomach protested silently against him.

"I'm only a little famished," a simple one-shoulder shrug followed, "The rain has never bothered me before. It won't start now."

The nonchalance was only broken by a slowly forming grin.

"Unless you want to share the jacket," Felix raised up his hands and wiggled his fingers teasingly at Rayne, "Oooooh, but what do you think everyone is going to think? It is a festival after all."

Ignoring the gnawing hunger pains growling within his stomach, a smile followed before letting out a hearty laugh that held an unwarranted guffaw or two. His feet shifted forward as he waved motioning for the pair of them to keep walking. No use in her worrying about him. Not like he did anything to deserve it anyway. Taking the first few steps to get the pair on the move again before slowing and following next to Rayne, Felix let the silence sit in the air for Rayne to talk, and perhaps make fun of him back to get over his teasing at her expense.

Whatever the case, Felix continued walking and kept quiet for the moment. No use in him asking all the questions or all making all the small talk. Maybe Rayne had a few queries of her own. It'd be rude not to give something back for humoring him so far.

And, if she remained silent or seemed hesitant, his next few words would simply be encouragement as he kept his gaze straight ahead, keeping Rayne in the periphery.

"You can ask me questions too. You showed me that cool radio trick, so feel free to ask whatever comes to mind."

Last edited:
Syala kept a bright grin on her face, even as Cora asked if she was alright. Of course, she wasn't. She just got whacked in the face with an umbrella but of course, she wasn't going to admit that. It was like water off a...erh...she couldn't think of an animal that was water proof actually. Shoot. Oh well, that wasn't important as she clapped her hands together.

"I'll be fine! I've had a lot worse than just a little umbrella hitting me in the face! That's why I don't use umbrellas. You never know when you might hit someone by accident and then it could cause a huuuge kerfuffle. t's superb to meet you, Cora! That's a pretty name. Is it short for something? Like Coraline? Corazola?"

The Half-Nagai tried to just act like she was energetic, bubbly, and just giddy to be talking to someone as she clapped her hands together once more. It was her way of trying to find out more about Cora however. Knowledge was power, and names had power. Of course, she was just acting like a curious young woman instead of anything else.

Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Last edited:

Rayne_divider.png

"Unless you want to share the jacket," Felix raised up his hands and wiggled his fingers teasingly at Rayne, "Oooooh, but what do you think everyone is going to think? It is a festival after all."

Forget it, Rayne signed with a silent scoff. You can stay cold.

She turned, pouting as she crossed her arms. Teasing was something that she always struggled to combat. Rayne wasn't very witty, or quick to talk. The Twi'lek couldn't talk after all. It was all a bit annoying... but she didn't feel angry. Just irritated. In fact, maybe this Felix guy's attitude was perhaps even a little endearing, even if she wouldn't admit such a thing out loud.

Then he brought up that she could ask questions as well. She glanced around, squinting at the man as she formulated what she was going to ask. It became pretty clear what.

You're not human, right? she asked. What are you?

Her face immediately flushed with embarrassment, prompting her to turn away again.

Sorry if that seemed rude, the young woman quickly signed in apology. I was just curious.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

That grin remained on Felix's face as his hand settled back into his pockets. His gaze glanced off to his side towards Rayne as she pouted. Cute. Her small bout of irritation amused Felix to no end before his gaze flicked back to looking ahead, only tilting his head back a little as he chuckled to himself. His amusement shifted quickly away to confusion as his peripheral vision picked up her next few words.

What are you?

What a question. How to answer that without sounding, well, as if he was lying or making up a story by telling the truth? Would a lie be more believable than the truth?

A raised eyebrow followed his head turning slight towards her before releasing one hand from his pocket and began rubbing the back of his head and neck. Tilting his head to the side, an awkward smile grew as each syllable stuttered from his mouth at first before able to even form words. Not like he was the only one having trouble with the question.

"No, it's fine," a quiet laugh escaped him, "But it is quite a jump from favorite foods to this."

His head tilted a bit further to the side while looking at her before his eyes narrowed a little, peering inquisitively at her. His brow furrowed in an sudden confusion before relaxing. That awkward smile becoming a steady grin before shrugging, and Felix turning his attention forward once more while keeping sight on the Twi'lek out of the corner of his eye. Glancing at her with a new curiosity and amusement stemming from her question, that quiet laugh returned before settling down and speaking once more.

"Why do you think I'm not human?"

No harm in asking. It might even help him become even more human in the future with any observations or criticisms Rayne may hold in store.​

Last edited:
Kerfuffle? Superb?

Cora blinked, taking a moment to absorb the jolly woman's words. She seemed the type to not let small things bother her, which was to say that she was Cora's opposite.

"I'm glad that you're alright, Rayne." A faint smile, an apologetic incline of her head. "Cora is short for Corazona."

It wasn't that long ago where she would've proudly introduced herself as Corazona von Ascania of Ukatis, daughter of Viscount Marcel von Ascania.

Blue eyes slid over to a line of stalls selling native foodstuffs and crafts. Cora gestured in their direction.

"Can I get you something by way of apology, Rayne? Perhaps a snack, or a trinket?"

She no longer had access to the bottomless royal funds, but Cora maintained a tidy sum from the Lady Velvet books. A fact she'd likely take to her grave, given the raunchy nature of her publications.

Syala Syala

Rayne_divider.png

"Why do you think I'm not human?"

I dunno, Rayne signed with a shrug. You sorta just don't feel like one, I guess. Maybe I'm just stupid. I'm not human, so...

Her thoughts trailed off as they continued to walk. The New Temple of the Goddess was in view now, it's entrance lit with various lanterns and banners. It seemed like they were a good five minutes away now, with a line of people visible waiting for entry.

That doesn't look too crowded, she noted.

Maybe there would still be food.

Current Outfit

New House of the Goddess

Festivals. After a fashion, they meant little and less. At least, her brother would have said.
The eldest of them, anyway, yet he was not here today. His sister was alone on this planet.
Alone, but not lonely. She had taken it upon herself to brave the wastes, if safe in the cities.
Her Twin Sister had ferried her from space all the way to Ord Providence—and to this feast.

She considered taking to the parade, to go dancing in the rain, but for now she would wait.
She wanted to eat and drink in a seat, to absorb more than food, but learn too of the world.
Culture was a finer element in politics, and the Sylverian had an interest in both—and stakes.
One did anyway. Some siblings knew the ways of war. To that, Senestra was but a young girl.

Content at her table, drinking from a glass of red wine, reading fables, myths, legends—truths.
Two moons. One sun. She knew that much. A religious people, an intolerant land. She took a sip.
The planet’s toxic environment gave rise to the domes, no doubt. In this, was there symbolism?
Senestra sighed, placed her datapad by her plate, taking fork in hand, filet mignon, and chewed.

Amid the tables and chairs lined around the dining halls, the woman had chosen a quiet corner.
Though she offered no frown to any who passed her by and glimpsed her eyes, smiling in turn.
Setting her reading aside for the moment, she sat back in her chair, swallowed meat, and stared.
Watching, wondering, waiting in a blood red dress, cloak of chocolate cosmos, long silver hair.

Everyone had their own outfit to offer, whether of rich fabrics like hers or of lesser garments.
Or just less garments. She raised a brow at one lady in a skirt as short as her liquor tolerance.
Still, the festival was the occasion for it, unless she was mistaken. Tameon would have loved it.
Senestra settled for her wine, slowly swirling it beside her lips. And that one just looks aimless.

Spek Zhio Spek Zhio

"Oh! Some food would be splendid! Dancing does work up a rather ravenous appetite!" Syala clapped her hands together, keeping the grin on her face, even as the rain poured down around and atop her. It was clear at the very least that the rain wasn't something that was going to bother her. Or perhaps that was just part of her act. Who knew? Well, herself obviously but she wasn't going to tell anyone.

She also made a mental note to remember Cora's full name. It sounded fancy. Maybe in the future, she could try and get a ransom for the woman...No. No. She might have been a Sith, but she wasn't a bounty hunter. No point even thinking about that stuff, today was just a day to relax and have fun. No need to worry about the idea of trying to beat someone or earn credits. If she needed something, she'd just take in the future.

Instead, she just turned her attention to their surroundings, throwing her arms out to the side. "Isn't it all so beautiful? The rain, the people, the buildings. It looks like something that would be perfect for some kind of romance book. Two people, stood in the rain, spilling their hearts to each other!" Okay. Maybe she was going a bit far with how jolly she was being...but it was also something she was enjoying. It was a character she was playing. And she was the actress.

VVVDHjr.png

VVVDHjr.png
VVVDHjr.png

The words Rayne signed. How she signed them. It left a bad taste in his mouth. She almost appeared deflated or given up on her question. Then again, he answered her question with a question. An unsatisfactory response for anyone.

"You're not stupid. And if it means anything, you're probably one of the most human people I've met."

Leaning in sideways closer to her, Felix smiled before gently bumping her arm with his elbow a few times.

"Besides, us non-humans got to stick together, right?"

Standing straight and following Rayne's gaze, the entrance to the New House of the Goddess came into view. Or he assumed that to be the ordained building. Not many people were filing in and out.

"Not too crowded," Felix then cast a sideways glance at Rayne, "Unless you want to try and sneak in."

A mischievous glint crossed his eyes along with a sly smirk. A flash of a moment passed before closing his eyes and giving a small shrug. Either way, he would keep following her.​

Last edited:
“Hmm, yeah kinda, but I have some doubts that they’ll have anything here I can eat you know?” Ko replied to her question. Thinking the local Godoans didn’t have anything that could accommodate his primarily liquid diet. “I imagine we might find something that’ll catch our eyes though I’m sure.” He felt like that should work well with his master’s more ‘go with the flow’ attitude on things. Ko had seen some dancing too but he wasn’t quite sure if he’d wanna do that with Jonyna, specifically after his embarrassing blunder he experienced before with Lily.
AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

Jonyna considered that. Maybe she could buy a smoothie maker or something, just to diversify her padawan's pallet if anything. She couldn't imagine a life without the various flavors she had grown accustomed to. And just like that, the decision was made. "Alright then, I have an idea. We're going shopping."

Cora nodded, instinctively extending her arm just another few inches so that Rayne could join her under the umbrella. Even though rain didn't seem to bother the other woman, it was…odd watching her just standing there, dripping wet.

Indeed, there was something odd in the air. Maybe it was the humidity.

As they walked, Cora canted her head to the side in consideration. The rain and the joy it sparked were pleasing in their own way - she admired the way it softly diffused the lights from the market stalls.

"I don't think that sort of thing happens in real life." She remarked, stopping to linger near a booth selling skewered meat and vegetable chunks. It conjured up a fantastical image, though. Something she could work with…

"Unless it has to you?"

Both eyebrows went up at that.

Syala Syala

Last edited:

Syala blinked at the offer of the umbrella...and decided it would make a bit of sense for her to stand under the umbrella, instead of getting soaking wet. She stepped under the umbrella, brushing her hand through her hair to wring some of the water out of it, letting out a soft sigh of content and joy which was...unusual for the Half-Nagai.

"Why thank you Cora. Whilst I do enjoy the rain, sometimes it does get a bit much. I just think there's...beauty in it. Many people see rain as something that can be dark, and depressing but to me, its a sign of life. Without rain, many planets would be dead."

She twirled a strand of her hair around her finger whilst she spoke, watching the way the water made the lights seemingly dance. Though she then turned her attention to Cora, blinking at the question that the woman was asking...before Syala burst out into a pure fit of giggles, shaking her head quite quickly. She even held her stomach in amusement, before taking in a deep breath to continue talking.

"No. No. Romance and me...We don't match. I've never found the right guy. or girl. or person. Haven't even kissed someone. I just read a lot. But just because you think it doesn't happen in real life, doesn't mean it doesn't actually happen. People think monsters are a thing of fairy tales, but they're a real thing. I know. I've seen them before."

The Sith dropped her bubbliness for a moment, taking a serious tone at that...before breaking out into another fit of giggles as they were getting closer to the stalls.

"That's not to say I haven't thought about romance. There's nothing more romantic than knowing that someone's heart, body and mind belong to you and no-one else. Ah...to have that kind of romance. I'd do anything for it."

NLnLGVJ.png

Tag: Jonyna Si Jonyna Si

Z9U36lL.png
“Sh-Shopping? Okay!” Ko replied with an excited tone. Ready to do just that. “I guess you’ll have to show me the ropes. I’ve never really gone out with the sole purpose to just do shopping before. Is there something in particular you have in mind?” Ko wasn’t sure if his master perhaps had a mental list of things she wanted to look for. But then again she did admit earlier to not really having a lot of plans in general so that might not be the case.

“I know Braze and Lily have both brought up the idea I should look into getting more fancy clothes for myself. But the idea of going out just to get clothes for myself kinda seems weird to me.” Ko hoped they weren’t just trying to diplomatically express that he needed to work more on his appearance and fashion sense. Then again he’s only heard it from the two of them. Maybe it was an echani thing?

AllianceDiscordIcon2.png

"Clothes would be nice. Though...I'm not sure what they'd be selling them in the rain." Jonyna looked up, impulsively sticking her tongue out to catch a drop. She stopped, chuckling. "I was thinking we grab a blender of some sort. Make you some smoothies."

Ko Vuto Ko Vuto

Ord Providence, New Temple of the Goddess
Tags: Felix Faraday Felix Faraday , And others

Rayne_divider.png

"You're not stupid. And if it means anything, you're probably one of the most human people I've met."

That was... nice? She didn't exactly see being human as a positive, but it sounded like a good thing from Felix, so she didn't really linger on it much. She simply gave a nod and a faint smile as they made their way up to the entrance of the temple.

To which Felix immediately suggested sneaking in.

No windows,
Rayne observed, giving a slight glare of skepticism. We wouldn't get very far. Line isn't long. Waiting is no issue.

And it wasn't. Before long they pair were within the temple proper, immediately met with rows upon rows of various finger foods and trays of local delicacies. Rayne wasted very little time procuring herself a slice of pizza, which was shockingly gourmet for a meal that was typically cheap and greasy. Maybe that sucked the fun out of it.

But it was still good. The young woman would turn back to Felix with her procured slice hanging out of her mouth to see what he had grabbed. This was one of the few times she'd be able to eat good, so she wanted to try everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom