Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Starship Ferrum-Class Light Bomber

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
image0.jpg

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
Intent: To create a light bomber for the Elysium Empire that can also be sold to generate revenue.
Image Source: My drawing, modified from the following source (X)
Canon Link: N/A
Permissions: (X) (X)
Primary Source: N/A

PRODUCTION INFORMATION
Manufacturer: MandalArms and Elysium Empire
Affiliation: Elysium Empire
Market Status: Open Market
Model: Ferrum-Class Light Bomber
Production: Mass Produced
Material: Laminated Titanium-Plasteel hull panels, Alusteel Spaceframe, Transparisteel Canopy.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
Classification: Light Navy Bomber/Close air support craft for army.
Length: 11 meters
Width: 15.5 meters
Height: 6.5 meters
Armament: High
  • Big Cat Gatling Lazer Cannon on the nose
  • 4 heavy torpedo tubes imbedded in the wings
    • Torpedos have a hardware based percussion detonation primer so that even if electronics in the ordinance are disabled in flight, torpedos can behave as an unguided bomb shell.
  • 2 anti-fighter missile hard points under-and-in-between the torpedo tubes
  • Modular heavy ordinance hardpoint under the fuselage right on the centreline
Defenses: High
  • Heavy Deflector Shields
  • Thick Laminated Armored Hull
Squadron Count: Average (12)
Maneuverability Rating: Low
Speed Rating: Low
Hyperdrive: Class 2

STANDARD FEATURES
  • Standard Military Communications Array
  • Standard Military ECM defenses
  • Standard Military Deflector Shield Generator
  • Standard Hyperdrive
  • Standard Military Ion Engines
  • Standard Life Support Systems
  • Standard Military Navigational Systems
  • Standard Military Repulsorlift Engines
  • Standard Military Sensor Array
  • Standard Military Targeting Systems
  • Can Enter Atmosphere and Land
  • Standard Military Ejection System

ADVANCED SYSTEMS
  • Astromech socket
  • Advanced planetside hover software and hardware for close air support.
  • Engineered for aerodynamics in atmosphere
  • Big Cat Gatling Lazer Cannon can chew trenches in the earth for advancing infantry units in mere seconds
  • Advanced tightbeam communication relay system operated by astromech.
  • 1 Modular weapons hardpoint. Can have a custom weapons load out based on mission profile.

STRENGTHS
  • Navy bomber. Good at overwhelming defences of capital ships by swarming and heavy weapons fire.
  • Close air support. Good at supporting ground forces and shredded enemy ground positions or targets.
  • Aerodynamic. Surprisingly agile in atmosphere due to airframe design.

WEAKNESSES
  • Poor Dogfighting. Specifically in space. Maneuvering in atmosphere is decent, but the single Lazer weapon on the nose of the ship is lousy for targeting fast moving spacecraft and is configured for stationary or slow moving targets.
  • Slow. Not ideal for interception missions.

DESCRIPTION
The Ferrum class light bomber was designed as a coalition project between the Elysium Empire and MandalArms. An engineer by the name of Viken Dobson decided to design a Gatling Lazer Cannon and presented it to the MandalArms company for mass production. The engineers at MandalArms were quick to build an entire ship around it. Thus, the Ferrum class light bomber was born.

This ship was designed for mass production so that it could be used to overwhelm capital ship defences in the way that light bombers do. Given that the Elysium Empire struggles with economic resource management, it was decided that this ship should wear multiple hats and was thus designed with an aerodynamic space frame for close air support as well. Repulsors and flight software were configured to accommodate a hovering air support role so that it could stay close and provide exceptional coverage for infantry units on the ground for long periods of time.

Given the increasing rise of communications jamming technologies in the galactic war theatre, Ferrum bombers are equipped with advanced tight beam relay systems and an astromech socket to help run it.

A very special feature this ship has is more in how its pilots are trained. Ferrum fighter pilots are skilled in a variety of different roles, but a very special protocol is used to take advantage of the high rate of fire that the Gatling gun has. It is called the “Ditch Digger” protocol, which is a procedure where the pilot of a Ferrum bomber cuts a gouge into the ground in front of an advancing group of soldiers to create a trench for cover.

Lastly, this bomber was approved by Loreena Arenais and King Heath Valhoun for open market status to help bring in revenue for the Elysium Empire.

Last edited:
HPI AI; Terraris Command
Factory Judge
Grand Shepherd Burtch Grand Shepherd Burtch

Nice ship, with a good description. however I found some problems.
  • I can't see the second permission, because I'm not part of the faction.
  • Please link the MandalArms to the Manufacturer.
  • The titanium link in the materials. Please try to change it to the Wookieepedia link, or delete it. We prefer the SW links where this is possible.
That's all, please let me know if you edited these.

Grand Shepherd Burtch

Fleet Commander For The Nomadic Peoples Coalition
MANIAC MANIAC

ok so I posted the link to my Elysium Empire permissions as a screenshot on my profile. If that doesn’t work I’ll try something else. Not entirely sure where a good place to post that screenshot is for a good link, but if my profile works this time then I’ll use that from now on.

I fixed the other 2 links.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom