Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Felucian Assignment

See with eyes unclouded by hate
Felucia_by_tmargato.jpg
Punching through the atmosphere A'Runda's ship, The Tribe I. The Tusken, despite flying this ship numerous times was still a little clumsy in his flying. Even though he was a Force Sensitive pilot, he was still having trouble. But then again this was a very old ship he was flying. After the shaking from the reentry stopped A'Runda would speak. "Sorry about that, coming into atmosphere can be pretty rough with this old vessel." The ride became much smoother as the lower, thicker atmosphere slowed them down.

The two members of the Knights Obsidian were on a mission to gather information and data on the jungle world of Felucia. However, in addition to their assignment they both had their own goals to fulfill while on the trip. A'Runda, along with his task, wanted to learn from the natives since he heard they were a race of tribal force sensitives with there own take on The Force. Shalita was a little less forthcoming with her own reasons for coming along.

Flying over the lush terrain, the Tusken looked out his ship's cockpit for a landing spot for the ship. When he found a clear, and flat enough spot near a small pond, A'Runda would engage the landing gears. Soon the awkward ship was facing up as it the case when the ship makes landfall. After the ship was nice and sturdy the Tusken would open the exit ramp so that the two of them could continue onto the planet. As the pair walked out the masked man would look around at the extremely lush ecosystem. Then bring his hand up to rub his head as the headache from all rich flow of the Force irritated him some. He much preferred the more mellow and quite nature of planets like Tatooine. Looking over at [member=Shalita Vi'dreya] he'd speak to her. "So Pathfinder uhh, any particular direction you'd like to head towards first?"

Outfit: Current outfit
Weapons: Katana, Obsidian Lightsaber, Throwing Daggers
Tags: @A'Runda

Simple-Divider-Pastel-Blue-to-Purple-4.png

Shalita lifted a hand to rub at her own temples as she felt the connection of the Force as it flowed through her. Due to Marcus, she felt it far more than she liked to now, but training was training and the man had presented her with a challenge. Ice blue eyes appraised the information upon her datapad for a moment before tucking the device away. Much was known about the planet itself but the natives were more of a mystery and she gathered that that was why they were here. They being herself and A’Runda. Whom, if she remembered correctly, was less likely to be attentive to his surroundings, something which she was sure she would need to keep an eye on. Although if things went well, it shouldn’t be too much of an issue considering that they weren’t at war with the natives.

Before disembarking, the woman did a quick check of her weapons, before a pale hand reached out to grasp her black coat and pulled it on. However, the woman remembered that the planet was supposedly hot and so decided to leave the garment behind on the ship. She hadn’t been too forthcoming about much in the past few days, especially considering she had mostly been training and keeping her ear to the ground listening. However, she knew that when the time was right, she’d tell A’Runda, but not beforehand. The teamwork required that they worked together, not that they knew an equal amount of information. “Shalita should be fine,” The woman paused after he had called her Pathfinder. Not that it really mattered, but if he was constantly calling her Pathfinder there would be no point to having a name. “Also, you could really do with some flying lessons, or a better ship,” The female smirked before she tugged the datapad free once more.

After another pause as she viewed the datapad, the woman noted where they had indeed landed. “Well, if you want to conduct research on the natives, you need to first find natives. So perhaps finding a village of some kind might be a priority.” The Shi’ido said as she tucked the datapad away once more and noted the small pond. As peaceful as it was, she was skeptical about it, she was skeptical about a great deal of things and although she would have naturally found it peaceful, she couldn’t trust that it wasn’t trickery of some kind, which was meant to lull and lower the guards of its prey.

“Just a side note, I’m used to not being fooled into a sense of trust, you may want to be more mentally aware of your surroundings on this trip,” Shalita said as she pulled a pair of black gloves out of a pocket and slipped them on. Then after a moment, she glanced back at the male, “I only warn you, because I don’t usually carry medical equipment to stop any kind of poison and although some Force users can detoxify poisons, I don’t have that ability.” The female explained as she pulled on the last glove. Although hot, she wasn’t about to go getting anything on her skin that she could later regret. “As for what direction, this is a pond, it’s probably visited by something living, a path might be around here that may lead back to a village of some kind." Or. She finally said as she retrieved the data pad once more, "We can simply follow a map.” The place had been visited by other before, so a map of some kind had to be available.

She hoped anyway.

Weapons: Gaderffii Stick, and Cycler Rifle
Theme: X

sunsun.png
After listening some to [member="Shalita Vi'dreya"] talk some he dully noted her name as she said it for him to remember, A'Runda looked over at her, with a rather not amused look behind his wrappings after her comment on being more careful around his surroundings. "That was just a one time mistake, I'm not usually that careless." He stated, but then again he understood that it took a while to heal the wounds made from bad first impressions.

Then he heard what she said about the pond they were at, or as he knew it, a water hole. She was most likely right, if he was smart enough he should be able to find a path leading away from the pond. "I wouldn't rely off a map of this place. The environment I think is very dynamic, plus the canopy probably covers most if not all of the satellite images of the surface. Since that's how maps these days work right?" He said to Shalita. Kinda wanting to go off more with his primitive wisdom more then technology. Which wasn't really the way of the Knights Obsidian considering it's all about data and what not.

Walking closer to the pond he eyed around the landscape near them. He felt like he needed to regress some to how him and his people tracked and hunted. But that was on a very different world. Here the flora covered everything, but then again it wasn't long before the winds of Tatooine could conceal ones tracks. The Force however, was something he was less willing to rely on, considering the "noise" being made from it on the planet and all the life on it. For a good moment he studied the area before speaking. "I think I found a path, It's heading north west from the look of things." Looking in that direction it seemed like the flora thickens ahead.

"The last thing I'd like to experience is getting digested by a plant, I'd hate to be the first Tusken that that happened to." He was very certain of that since he knew there wasn't any man eating plants on his home world. A'Runda said this while walking down the path he'd picked up on. "Feel free to pick up any samples you wanna get on the way... Sorry, I don't mean to assume the role of boss on this assignment." At least A'Runda felt like he was acting that way.

A shrug of her shoulders was given at his remark when it came to the map and satellite imagery. Give her a city and a group to infiltrate, that she did know about, especially with advanced prep work to go with it. This morning with a message laying in wait on her datapad, wasn’t a lot of prep work to go on, but she was more than happy to follow Arunda’s lead if it meant getting to wherever it was that they had to go. However it didn’t hurt to have a general direction of their position, at least that was how the woman saw it. Just in case. Quietly she slipped the datapad away and glanced over at Arunda as she watched him take note of their surroundings. Quietly, the woman couldn’t help but wonder if he was hot under all of that clothing, even she could feel the humidity and she had lived in a swamp for some time.

Shalita watched the male closely, taking note of every move that he made and she couldn’t help but wonder about the man’s background as he seemed like he knew what he was doing. The moment that he mentioned a track to the north-west, she moved to travel down it, only pause long enough to shove a branch of some kind out of her way. “Don’t apologize to me, I’m mostly here to watch your back and well to learn. Culture used to be something that interested me on an interest level, now it’s more or less a requirement to know different cultures for my job. So research on those different kinds falls under my job description, even if I may never have any contact with them afterward.” A pause in her words followed as she stopped for a moment to eye off some of the vegetation. It was just something about it that felt like someone was watching her, but then again, she was always hyper aware of such instances, so she filed it away for now. It could just be an animal, but whatever it was, it wasn’t a threat just yet.

“Besides, you seem to know what you’re doing, so why argue against that which is working for the team?” Whatever was working for them who knew, she didn’t care much to ask about it and nor did she really want to. “Just don’t mind me if I slip off occasionally, you’ll be able to contact me through the datapad and everything if it does happen. That is if you’re ever in dire straights.” No this trip reminded her of how fascinated her parents would have been. How excited that they would have been to explored the forests; to watch the unique animals and to learn the natives and their culture. In fact, Shalita was sure that they would have definitely been fascinated by the man that she was accompanied. He was all covered up in humid heat that would have made any polar bear die from heat exposure.

However if the Shi’ido remembered correctly, that the last time she was on some kind of assignment with A’Runda, he had also been dressed similar if not with exactly the same gear, just patched up from his run in with the worms. The poison that she had collected from that day would come in handy with a great deal of many situations, but she hadn’t observed its effects during and after just yet. It was something to do in her spare time with a subject that was… Disposable. “In all honesty I’m mostly just here for the ride, to learn different things and potentially collect some poisons. Just, let me remind you that poisons are lethal. I may be able to patch you up briefly for some real medical help if you’re stabbed. I just can’t help you against poisons. I will tell you this, I will be completely happy to collect a sample of your blood to see the after effects of the poisons.” The woman chuckled darkly at her joke.

The after effects were useless to her, it was the observation of the process that was more valuable. That way she would know how long it’d take for someone to actually die and what stages the poison took. This was mostly for personal information, which she could use at a later date to boost her performance level while on the job.

Simple-Divider-Pastel-Blue-to-Purple-4.png

Weapons: Gaffi Stick, Cycler Rifle
sunsun.png

A'Runda would walk along with her on the path, the "noise" he felt from the all the living things in The Force around him had kind of been making his head hurt, since he was so used to the barren deserts and wastes of Tatooine. Listening to her during their walk he's reply. "Yeah, I'm really just hear for the culture ass well. I hear the Jungle Felucians are an interesting bunch. All Force sensitive, with a very strong connection to the planet. I hope that I could learn a lot from them." Having a background in a tribal society A'Runda felt like he'd have a bit of a edge in learning.

"And thanks, I try my best to be a team player, even when I don't do so well like with those worms a while ago. I Do try my best to not rely on technology all that much, not that I don't like it, it's just if it stops working I don't want to be in a bad place." The Tusken explained to her. As the continued down the hard to follow path, there was some organized movements and rustles in the overgrowth. But A'Runda either didn't notice it, or was doing a good job at ignoring it.

"Also considering how lush this planet is I think your more likely to find a rare poison of some kind rather then not." Then he listened to her chuckle after her joke. Considering that A'Runda doesn't have the most developed since of humor he didn't really find it funny. But he wasn't insulted either, rather just indifferent. On their trek through the jungle they passed many interesting and exotic flora and fauna as all different shapes and sizes. Which always seemed to impress the Tusken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom