Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved NPC Feeran Ji'kar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feeran%20Header_zpsmthrhzlz.png

Alias
Rankar

Species
Rutanian

Wealth
Middle-Class

Alignment
Chaotic-Neutral
Loyalties
Sergeant-at-Arms of The Carrion Company | Arlan Zy'rosh

Notable Professions
Diplomatic Liaison | Mercenary
Weapon of Choice
Slugthrower Rifles
Force Sensitivity
None

Role
Most trusted soldier, confidant, and old friend, Feeran Ji'Kar stands as the single most relied upon individual in the life of Arlan Zy'rosh. Due to that unwavering fact he stands above all others within The Carrion Company and Arlan's life, coordinating most of the company's operations and accompanying Arlan throughout the Galaxy. Holding the rank of Sergeant-at-Arms, it is Feeran and no other that enforces the will of the company when things take a violent turn. He is feared and respected by his peers to unimaginably high degree, making him one of The Carrion Company's premier operators when executing contracts. However; rarely does he stray from Rutan save for instances where he is needed by the side of Arlan Zy'rosh. When stationed at the aforementioned planet he takes upon the mantle of acting director when Arlan is not present.

Intent
Feeran Ji'Kar is meant to develop into an institutional character for those Role-Playing with, or within, the ranks of The Carrion Company. He is a Non-Player character at the disposal of all Carrion Company members to better flush out threads and stories by adding something other than generic NPC's in which to interact. Like a normal PC he is meant to grow and change through the collaborative efforts of all those wishing to use him within their own writings, eventually making him as real as any other character out there. By no means is Feeran meant to act as an extra blaster within Plaver-versus-Player environments, and should he enter such an affair his character is meant to remain true to that previously established.

Combat Function
Being a mercenary by trade, Feeran is a fairly tough opponent to face. His combat style focuses more on long-range support and assault rather than direct combat, being particularity gifted as a sniper, and quickly adapting when under duress. Primarily though, Feeran acts more as a command coordinator by sending others into battle and relaying commands and other prudent information via communication devices by surveying the battlefield from afar. Of course this is not to say he is not competent at close range combat, being as skilled in self-defense as the next mercenary, just that it is not his forte.

Skills
Feeran boasts and impressive ability to accurately hit target with slugthrower rifles from great distances. He often uses said ability to act as support for Carrion Company operations, focusing on injuring and maiming those he fires upon rather than killing. Aside from that, even greater than his skill with a rifle, Feeran is a superb commanding officer and director of operations. He has a natural talent for strategy, honed over the years and coupled with vast militaristic experience.

Appearance
Being a Rutanian, Feeran slightly resembles a reptile or amphibian in many ways. Oily near, nonexistent, scales cover his body in a blue hue. Coarse blue hair covers his bulbous head and runs down to the center of his back, accompanied by small tufts of the same in various places upon his body. Large frog-like eyes set within his skull, emulating a deep colored green as they stare out at those near him. Various scars appeared upon him as well, deep and jagged, many appearing as if dealt by beast rather than humanoids. Though by no means handsome by many of the Galaxy's races, among his own people he is considered a prime male specimen.
Personality
Feeran comes off as a harsh and very down-to-Earth person, not tolerating flippant behavior from those under him in any form or way. Seldom has one seen him with any expression upon his face save for a blank scowl, putting many off. For Feeran kindness and friendship are things to be earned, not deserved, therefore he treats many with disrespect and disdain. However; for those whom have managed to earn his trust and respect, Feeran would do any and all. Because there are so few he claims as friends in his life, those he has he fights fiercely to protect. He prides himself on his ability to direct the course of battles, and unlike many in his trade, he does so by adhering to a strict code of honor. Never will you see Feeran taking a life unless there is truly no other way to avoid it.
Biography
Feeran, like most Rutanians, spent most of his early life upon Rutan itself. With their population still relatively low compared to what it had been before the Yuuzhan Vong propelled them into war, many of the young men of Rutan spent their lives as hunters and warriors in local militias. Feeran was no exception to this, and upon becoming a man he began to be groomed by his peers to act as one of the next generations guardians. However; for Feeran something seemed to be lacking in his life. He wanted nothing more than to rebel against this set dogma for his people, he wanted to lash out and run, but there was no outlet for him to do so. That was until many years later, when meeting a young man by the name of Arlan Zy'rosh.

By the time Feeran was in his late teens he had already been promoted to Captain-of-the-Guard of his home. He was a tough leader, excepting nothing but the very best from his men, but because of that his home had never before been safer. When a two ships soared in the skies above his home firing upon one another, Feeran did not cower and wait for them to leave. No, he organized a defense and prepared to repel the foreign hostiles. When both ships touched down he and his men surrounded the vessels and watched as one group of men shot down the other, eventually forcing a surrender from those remaining alive. Feeran, and those with him, then raised their weapons and demanded answers.

Answers were given, by Arlan Zy'rosh. He explained to Feeran that he was a mercenary, a gun-for-hire, and he had been paid to ensure the men within that ship never make it to their destination. Arlan weaved great tales of adventure and fame, tales of sailing through the sea of stars and great battles, things Feeran only ever dreamed of. For a few weeks after that day Arlan and Feeran bonded as they learned more of one another, and when time came for Arlan to return to his home it hadn't taken much convincing for Feeran to retire his duties as a guard and take upon himself those of a mercenary.

For the years following Feeran grew more competent as a soldier and a leader. He became one of The Carrion Company's highest earners and greatest leaders up until the point of it's initial disbandment. When the company was reformed it had been his idea to set up base upon Rutan, where he acted as liaison between Arlan and the King of Rutan. If not for him it is fair to say the building of a permanent base upon Rutan for the company would have never come to pass. Going further still to solidify The Carrion Company on Rutan and his position within said company, Feeran arranged for The Carrion Company to act as the primary security force on the planet and bolstered it's numbers by recruiting several native Rutanians to the company's ranks.

At present Feeran continues to act as political advisor and liaison for Rutan and pseudo-second in command of The Carrion Company as a whole. His presence within the company inspires many from humble origins to rise to the occasion, and for Arlan Zy'rosh he is counted as a close and personal friend. Though Feeran himself would never admit as much, he returns the sentiment, and cares deeply for the company and many of it's members.

Development Threads: N/A

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Hey! I'm Ilias Nytrau and I'll be your Judge for the duration of this submission's trip through the Codex.

Now, to start with, I have a question: Is there any reason why the biography isn't simply inserted into the submission? It'd do just as well being there.

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

I always tend to outsource bios for characters and NPC's to textuploader or pastebin for easy editing and the like. It also keeps walls of text from filling the page, providing an easy way for people today view it if they so wish.

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

We do need to keep all the information within the submission, and do require full disclosure. Also, it still wouldn't make your submission anywhere near the mark for some of the longer submissions I've dealt with in my time as a judge - particularly since I mostly hang around the Species and Planets, which tend to run longer due to the nature of them.

Really, there's nothing to worry about! Most aren't going to cry TL;DR around here, and as long as this submission retains a good aesthetic in its formatting, it will always be easy to read. You've sectioned things out well, and made good use of bolding and underlining. If you're still concerned, apply a little colour. ;)

Besides, if you feel the need to update the submission later on, there is always the Submission Modifications thread, through which you can make your request, after approval. :)

[member="Ilias Nytrau"]

Alright, so I've added the Bio here as per your request. I'll keep editing it in textuploader, and once I have a fully developed and flushed out final draft of the history I'll apply to make changes via submission. Thank you for your time. :)

Perfect, and... not a problem! I'll edit this post with any further requests, if there are any, tomorrow, and tag you then so you know. :)

EDIT (11 December 2015):

[member="Arlan Zy'rosh"]

Alright. It's been two days, rather than the one day or less that 'tomorrow' implies, which makes me a terrible person for saying things and then not following through. I am sorry, and I will endeavour to be more prompt in the future.

Well, after giving this submission another read-through, I am even more sorry for making you wait, as there's nothing else I can see that needs tinkering! Maybe there truly isn't, or the second pair of eyes that is our Codex Admin, [member="Valiens Nantaris"], might see something I haven't. That being said, I truly believe this NPC is good to go, thus it receives my pending approval stamp, and will be seen to further, doubtless in a short frame of time.

I thank you for your patience, and the Codex thanks you for your patronage!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom