Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Feel The Force

Samatharis

S
rC0Ba2N.png

Silver Rest Temple
Kashyyyk

There was a flute on the wind. Gentle and dreamy. Kashyyyk had never looked better.

"Okay! So who's ready to show me what they've learned since we first began eh?"

Sam stood in the center of the giant Jedi dojo. Marble walls with stout pillars. Cool tile floors and long padded practice mats. Expansive and tall windows that let in the summer light. Watching as the trees outside on the long green campus blew gently in the breeze. The interior of the temple smelled like a fresh scrubbing of the mats with a touch of lavender. Maybe some wicker baskets and hard wood benches too.

Sam stood at the head of the room. Head to toe in flattering black clothes with a fur shawl about her proud shoulders. She smiled as Tann entered the room. A fun afternoon get-together following lunch and sports. Her Padawan had been around the Kashyyyk Temple for a few days now. Had a few adventures all her own to tell. Not to mention their travels from Naboo to Coruscant and beyond. It had been a busy week, for sure. For both of them.

"So. You've had a chance to cover the basics thus far. We touched upon meditation during our trip to Coruscant. Why don't you tell me what else you've been up to this week Padawan Po'rah? Had some time to use your Library Card yet? Maybe touched a training saber mmm?"

Today would be a quick review the very basics. Then they'd move on to Force Powers like floating rocks and learning to super jump. But first things first. It was time to see what Tann had been up to while Sam was away.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

It had been a month since the green skinned Twi'lek had joined with her Jedi Master, Samatharis. In that time, Tann Po'rah had been quite busy. She'd explored the temple on Coruscant. She'd gambled and nearly got into a brawl fight on the lower levels. She'd gone on a mission to Ossus to clear out a Dark stain left behind. Then, met a young girl who was a mechanic like her. In all that time, there wasn't much room for training. The most she had with her master was on the flight from Naboo to Coruscant, and from Coruscant to here on Kashyyyk. So when Sam asked her to show her what she'd learned, well there wasn't much to show.

They were standing in a giant dojo, fit for dozens of Jedi at least. They were all alone. The floors were cold even on the mats they stood- morning light from the windows or otherwise. Tann was wearing the opposite colors as Sam today. Normally she too was in black. However, with the changing temperatures of Kashyyk she wanted to wear something lighter. She was wearing a grey top that only covered her chest and her usual grease-stained tight pants. Over her top was a white long sleeve jacket that blocked the wind. She had a standard utility belt around her waste paired with a holster on her leg to house a electrically-charged sword. She still wasn't trusted to have a lightsaber.

Her master asked her to share her adventures but she really didn't have anything new to share. Not from this week. The past month perhaps, if she wanted to know. "What can I say?" she said with a chuckle. "I've had to beat the boys off with this stick here." She patted the electrostaff twice for emphasis.

Tann would sit down and cross her legs over one another, her very unladylike way of sitting. "Things have been about the same. I haven't used that library card yet. Been meaning to. Just can't sit still long enough to enjoy reading anything. I need to find....more interesting subjects." She admitted subconsciously that she really hated the readings Sam had given her up until this point.

"I suppose I could talk more about Coruscant? Or Ossus. I only really shared tidbits of them. How much do you really want to hear?"

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Samatharis got the feeling that Tann was a hyperactive one. It made her smile and she reminded herself that Twi'leks could be much like any other alien race. Prone to surprising even the most prepared instructor. She'd have to keep that energy in mind.

"Outstanding!" Sam beamed at Tann's confident tone. "And you'll need not tell, at all. I'm more of a 'show' girl myself. Ha."

Sam turned and walked to the edge of the mats. Then she stood up straight and closed her eyes.

"Let us begin by attuning ourselves to the currents of the Force. We discussed meditation before and I trust you've experimented with this technique yourself. It is the first lesson taught to every Jedi Padawan. It is the door. The entry way. The beginning of every long journey. To be able to quiet one's thoughts and emotions, and embrace The Force."

Sam stood tall and still for a brief moment. Just practicing her breathing.

"Come. Stand before me Padawan Po'rah. Show me how you attune your mind to the Force. Show me how you have learned to reach out."

In Sam's own thoughts she practiced "Focus and Breath." Distilling her mind until her whole body was filled with a golden light. This, she became centered. This, she became all. Samatharis used the technique "Focus and Breath" to calm her thoughts, control her breathing, letting her ego and emotions pass away, and became one with the Force.

Then Sam opened her eyes and motioned for Tann to express herself likewise. For no two Jedi embrace the Force in exactly the same way. Each person was different and each Jedi eventually mastered a meditation technique all their own. So now it was Tann's turn to express herself.

It was time she showed her Master how she touched the Force?

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"Oh alright," she would say simply. SHe liked to talk and explain things. Maybe some other time. It was clearly time for business, not pleasure.

And speaking of business. Meditation. Tann's greatest enemy. Tann scoffed to herself and groaned. She really didn't like meditating because it meant trying to sit/stand still. Being as hyperactive as she was it was nearly impossible. With a quiet whine she moved forward to stand in front of Sam. Her mentor asked her to attune with the Force and demonstrate how she could interact with it. Tann nodded and put her hands in front of her, one over the other. She closed her eyes and let the world fade away.

And then she waited. She tried finding the Force. It was a certain feeling she only ever connected with on occasion. This was not one of those moments. Impatiently she tapped her foot trying to find that sensation. Her mind was all over the place. She was thinking about her morning, what she had for breakfast, what she'd have for lunch. She thought about the weather and how wonderfully nice it was outside that she wanted to go tanning. Then she thought about the boys she'd seen and how she wanted to see their reactions to her in a swimsuit.

"No!" she scolded herself internally. "Focus. Focus, Hope."

With a grumble she opened her eyes and looked at her mentor. Their eyes met but she quickly looked away as she couldn't face her. Instead, she got another idea. Reaching into her utility belt she took out three nuts -round fillings used in engines and building things. She took those three metal rings and placed them in her hands in the same fashion as she had a moment ago. One by one they would start to float up. Then, they started to spin in a circle. One following the other it was like a little train. Tann's breathing slowed and she slipped into the Force. Sam would be able to feel her connection.

At least for a short while. After about four minutes Tann let the nuts fall to the ground as she opened her eyes. Hopefully that was enough time for her mentor to pass her. She really didn't want to keep meditating. Even those short few minutes was a strain.

"How was that?"

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam watched and felt as her Apprentice did her best attempt at classical meditation. Naturally, Tann's hyperactive disposition caused her to fail spectacularly. Haha. Which, was fine. Every Jedi was different. Every student had to find their own "special" way of touching the Force. The more exotic the species, the more exotic the connection. Fascinating.

Interestingly enough, Tann improvised a more "material focused" method of action. She focused on three rings of metal and made her thoughts and desires into real magic. It was easy to see and understand. Even on a metaphysical level. Tann needed to do something. Touch, feel, weight, heavy. These were all real concepts that her mind to could latch onto. It made sense. The mechanic connects mechanically. She needs a process to process. Good. Well done.

"Impressive." Sam smiled. "Your connection to the Force is more external than most. I still sense a natural connection too. You're instinctive. Yes. Driven. Almost certainly. Though it is not the calm serene waters of the Light Side that call to you. You still possess ego. Your door must still be pushed open. You grasp your connection and bend it to your will. It's impressive. Very. Though, unsustainable. I sense highs and lows, but no music. No relaxation. What should be the easiest part is, rather facinatingly, the hardest part for you. Hmm. ...Well, anyway. Well done. You pass. You have grasped 'connection',"

She gave a happy nod. It was an excellent place to start.

"Now. The next part of Jedi training combines 'connection' with a willingness to listen. You must grasp the Force and let it teach you. You must reach out with your mind and let it, reach back. The Force can speak to your mind and enlighten you. But only if you let it. Only if you are calm and focused enough to discern the moral behind the story. Only if you can see the forest through the trees."

Sam stepped off the mats and opened a large wooden container off to the side of the dojo. Inside were many large spheres of perfectly formed rock. Many of different slopes and colors. They were not all uniform.

She held her hand aloft over the rocks and kicked the container. A door fell away and the rocks all began rolling their way over to the center of the mats. Propelled by an invisible gravity. There, Sam amassed them into a small pile. A lump of smooth stones.

"Here assembled are your building blocks. Perfectly smooth stones with a distaste for flat surfaces. Hehe. I'd like you to practice stacking these stones into different shapes."

She raised a finger to explain.

"First. A tower of three. Second. A pyramid of six. Third. A circle of nine. ...I don't expect you to finish all the constructs in one day or, let alone this week. Levitation takes time to master and smooth stones are one of the hardest building blocks to stack anyway. So take your time and try not to rely on your own power either. Use mindfulness. Let the Force do the work. Let the Force teach you new ways to build with air, and rock, and gravity itself. When it comes to levitation? Faith, is just a much a building block as it is these stones. You must trust in the Force. Command it, yes. But heed it's organizations too. It wants to help you build. But if you are all ego and sass? Bah. You will fail every time."

Sam stepped back and waved for Tann to begin with the tower of three.

"Okay. Go ahead please. Connect with the Force and build a tower of three smooth stones. You need hold it aloft and set it back down easily too. Dropping the stones harshly will not count as a pass. They must come up easily. They must stand in place easily. And you must lower them back down easily. In this gym, we don't drop the weights. Hehe."

She put a finger to her lips and stepped back to watch. It was Tann's show now. Time to master: Levitation.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann would listen as her master explained the different feelings and such of her connection and ways to improve them. She had an external connection. And a natural one. She was instinctive, and driven. But she had too much ego. Whatever that meant. Then she spoke of a door and how to grab hold of that connection. Did she have it or not? Sam was talking in circles -so far as Tann was concerned. Even further to the point she said that Tann was lacking music. How did music get involved now? Was she supposed to hum or something?

Yet through all that confusion, Sam said she had passed her first test. Tann's head was spinning but she smiled nonetheless. Now it was time to take what she had learned and take it a step further. Tann was still missing that crucial part of connecting with the Force. And it wasn't something one could easily teach. But Sam had a plan. From a box off to the side she brought out several round spheres of all different colors. Tann's task was to take the rocks and place them in different shapes which was not easy to do given how smooth they were. She would have to let go of that ego and allow the Force to help her. Tann had never intrinsically used the Force that way. So this would be quite a challenge for her.

Tann would nod that she understood the directions. She then crouched down and sat on her butt, letting her legs cross under her. She pursed her lips in thought as she reached out her arm towards one of the stones. With little effort, it rolled over to her hand swiftly. She then looked to a different one. It began to wobble and then raise up. Tann was doing it! She very carefully brought the rock to the other and then as gently as she could let it land atop the other. She was so close! Here it comes! She let go with her mind and the rock then rolled right off and landed on the mat. Drat.

"Frick," she said in anger. "Let me try again."

Her leg began to shake as she tapped her foot up and down. She looked to the second sphere again. Sticking out her tongue partially in contemplation she focused and would grba it with the Force. She let it slide over to the other and ever so gently placed it atop the first once again. But as soon as she let go it would fall back over. Gravity was not her friend.

"Gah! What am I doing wrong?"

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled as Tann exclaimed in frustration,

"Nothing. You are meant to struggle. This test is not a test of raw power nor is it a test of mental fitness or secret technique. There is no easy button to push. Nope. It's designed exactly so you struggle. Just like lifting weights in the gym to grow muscle in real life. I just need you to work at it. Again and again. Even if you fail."

Sam crouched down and did her best to seem comforting. This was a hard lesson to learn for those new to 'space magic'. That even magic itself was sometimes hard and discomforting.

"Keep trying. And don't worry about feeling frustrated. That will pass. Soon. You'll start to get the hang of it. If... You believe in yourself. And, you let the Force help you. Bit by bit. Just like earning it's trust."

To be honest. Sam didn't know much herself about explaining how the Force works to others. Most students, even alien ones, experience the Force in a different way than everyone else in society did. So even the best Jedi explanations often fell on deaf ears. It's why you had to keep the lessons simple, structured, physical, and routine. Almost ritualized. Because only when everything else is constant and unchanging can you really reach out and feel for the differences in the air, in the mind, and in yourself. And in the Force. It's also how Sam was observing Tann now too. Watching to see how she was special. With her eyes, and her ears, and with her heart. Because sometimes, even the Master has to struggle too.

"Think back to the rings you just used. You spun them easily. One following the other. All going around and around and around in tiny little circles. Did you notice how you didn't have to think about telling them to spin that way? They just, did it. You just... Did it. Like it was natural. Like, it was always going to happen that way. I guess."

Sam smiled and pointed the rocks,

"Can you see how these rocks are different? Can you feel how they want, to be arranged?"

Tann connection to the Force unique. If she felt a connection in their last lesson and floating rings? Perhaps she could find a connection with this one too. Even if Tann couldn't quite explain how she did it, just yet.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"I don't like this," Tann said defeatedly. Sam would explain to her that she had no choice but to struggle and try this again and again. It caused the Twi'lek to groan and stroke her lekku like she liked to do when she got super antsy.

Tann groaned and lowered her head. Sam offered for her to keep going. Soon the pain would pass and she'd be on better footing. "Learn it's trust. Yeah. Easier said than done"

Reaching back into her pocket she would take the rings out and hold them in the palm of her hand. Like the rings. Right. Ok! Closing her eyes she brought her other hand to fold over her other. She pulled the top hand away and the lugnuts would rise up floating between the two palms. Tann then moved her hands to the sides and let the rings float upwards and in a circle. The nuts expanded until they were each making their own individual paths around the Twi'lek. This stayed the same for several moments. Then, Tann added one more point of focus to the mix. The rock she'd been trying to place upon the other would raise. It floated shakily over to the other and gently sat itself down.

This time, Tann did not lose her concentration. She kept her focus on the two rocks so they would stay hand in hand so to speak. Tann opened one of her eyes to peak and see what had happened. A large smile came over her. At the same time, she lost concentration on the lugnuts and one of them bounced into her head. She reflexively swatted it away as if it were a bug. All three of the nuts would then fall to the floor; the rock stayed.

"Did I.....wait. No. Wait! I did it? I did it! Master do you see?! It's staying! I did it!" Tann raised her arms in victory and laughed happily.

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled and put a reassuring hand on Tann's shoulder. It felt good.

"Yes. You did do it. Well done lass."

It felt real good.

"Okay." Sam took a deep breath and gave a nod, "Time to try out the other formations. Tower of three, complete."

She pointed to the rocks and gave a sly smile.

"Next. Try the pyramid of six. Then, a circle of nine."

Samatharis knew. Tann would probably not complete this exercise today. Or, well, even this month. The tower of three was difficult to grasp but, once you did? You could always replicate it. However. The pyramid and the circle were always just too taxing on a Jedi's ability to ever rely want to do more than once. For most, they took too long - took to much concentration and took took much stamina. Not to mention that they didn't actually increase your own Force potential. They were just harder difficulties. Not actual new abilities.

Still. Being humble and teachable was one of the best skills any Padawan learner could pick up. Especially early. Like Tann. It meant that you never got a big head. You always knew that there were 'hard' things out there. Things you couldn't do quickly. Things that made your space magic 'aspirational'. No matter how talented or gifted you were from birth.

Tann could use that perspective. It would help her keep a level head as she discovered her Godlike strengths in the future.

So Sam pointed back to the rocks and let Tann try again. This time, with a much more difficult task.

"And remember. I don't expect you to succeed right away. Some things take lots of time. And that's okay. Just give me the ol' college try and see how far you get. After that. We'll move on to Jumping. No problem. Hehe."

Okay. Enough teacher time. The room was Tann's again.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"But Master," she would correct. "That was only two. I thought you wanted me to do all three?"

Tann figured it was just a slip of the mind. She'd gotten lost in the excitement and gotten ahead of herself. Which was fine. Tann didn't want to take any shortcuts. She had to do what was expected of her. Closing her eyes she tried the same thing again. In no time at all she had placed the third rock over the second, but ran into the same problem. When that one fell, so too did the second one. Great. Now she had to start over. Tann tried not to let it get to her. She tried again and failed several times just getting that second one on as she had the first time.

Her frustration was getting to her again. Each time she managed to get the second one on and bring the third one up, the tower would fall. She listened to the Force. She really did. The rocks just seemed to have a mind of their own. After hours of doing this, she finally got them to stick. It was nearly nighttime but all three rocks stood on top of one another. Tann fell backwards in exhaustion.

"I can't....I can't do this anymore. This is killing me. Tell me we're done for the day? Please?"

But Master Sam had other ideas. The pyramid of six. Tann wined and rubbed the base of her lekku. "Fine. I mean.....yes master."

Doing as she was told, Tann sat back up and took a stubborn exhale of air. She glared at the tower of three as if it were her nemesis. And right now it was. She dissembled it down into three side by side. That was easy. Then she had to bring a fourth one in to set between marbles one and two. She quickly ran into her new problem. When trying to balance the fourth between the first two it would slip in between and push the formation aside. Tann pursed her lips.

"I hate this. I want you to know that." Sam reminded her then that she wouldn't succeed right away, just to keep on trying. When they finished, then they could move onto jumping. "I'd much rather be doing that."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam had left the room for awhile to go fetch them some food. Hours of training was necessary sometimes, yes. But that didn't mean you needed to suffer on an empty stomach. The brunette human returned a basket of fried chicken, rolls, mashed potatoe wedges with cheese, and this weird fruit they grew on Kashyyyk that tasted like kiwis. Batom, I think they called it.

She sat down on the floor to eat with Tann. Calling a break and moment to survey her progress.

"Break time."

Sam crossed her legs and broke out the food. Napkins, trays, and absolutely no utensils. Ha. Finger food it was today.

"Listen. I think you're doing great. I know it's hard and I'm down right proud of you for keeping at it this long. Ya know, most students call it quits within the first hour. It speaks volumes about you that you've managed to push this far on your first attempt. Really. Any Jedi would be proud."

She gave Tann a happy smile and passed her a cup.

"I've ordered lemonade from the kitchen. The droids should be up with it soon."

Mmm. Ah yes. Another reason why Samatharis enjoyed training on Kashyyyk. Full-service cafe's. Mmm. Priceless!

"It's getting late. We'll start on jump skills tomorrow in the afternoon. The gym down stairs is full anyway and I'd prefer we had the place to ourselves to practice the basics."

She waved it away with a brush of her hand. Tann had worked hard enough today, anyway.

"Anyway. I'll leave the stones here in the training basket in case you decide to come back this month and give it another go. We'll return to the stones in a few weeks to see how far you've come. After all, some skills are aspirational ones. They take time. We'll return to them soon. I promise."

Probably not what Tann wanted to hear right in that moment, but? It was a chance to grow and get better. Even if it took time.

Meanwhile, Sam dived into the food. Their drink order should be up shortly.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

The food smelled great. And Tann was ready for a break. She sighed and laid back on her back for a moment to stretch her arms and legs. She didn't realize how tired she was until just now. With another sigh she sat up and rubbed her temples and then the base of her lekku as well. Her master would praise her, telling the Twi'lek what an amazing job she'd been doing and how tenacious she was. It made her start to blush.

"Awww. Well thank you, Master. That's......really kind of you to say."

Tann would reach out and take a bite of one of the potato wedges. It tasted like heavenly grease. Sam said there was lemonade coming to which the Twi'lek bounced her head in acknowledgement. She was excited to have something refreshing after all this time. She didn't feel parched, and it wasn't like she had been sweating/exercising. But now that she was thinking about the drink her tongue seemed to get all cottony.

"That sounds shiny, Master. Thank you."

Sam would then tell her that it was late enough in the day that it was time to stop. And Tann was so looking forwards to whatever jumping was about. She pouted a little as she took a piece of chicken and tore it in half. She responded with a quite 'alright' then took a bite from one of the half pieces. That being said, the marble rocks would stay around for her which Tann was thankful for. Although she couldn't sit still to save her life -making it seem like she wanted nothing to do with the task- Tann was rather stubborn. She was already looking forward to the next time she would get to play with them. She wanted to win that challenge.

Tann took another bite of food then would say, "Well I'm excited. This has been....fun. Not my ideal day or leisure, but fun."

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled as Tann graciously praised their day together. It was nice. No. It felt nice. Really.

"Look. Um. Being a Jedi. It's not all about super powers or saving the day sometimes. Some times, it's just about finding a good way to live. To find the balance that suits you. Live your best life."

She twirled a finger and mused with the words. Trying to figure out what she meant to say.

"What I mean is. Don't forget to take time for yourself."

Sam nodded and shrugged at the same time. It was hard to explain. Tann was new to all this. Sam however. Sam had been doing this for years.

"Training. Lifting weights. Eating right and focusing on your abilities. It's all just a part of getting ready for the challenges and beautiful things that life sends your way. ...And you have a life Tann Po'rah. You really do."

She pointed a finger right at Tann's heart and smiled.

"Once. A long time ago. I left everything I knew to go to the stars. I joined a new crew. Lived a life that was, bigger than myself. Fought, and learned, and lived, and loved. And I made a whole new world for myself up there. A beautiful, beautiful place. Just for me and my friends."

Sam smiled and looked longingly out the windows now. Remembering something. Remembering the beginning.

"You've got your whole life ahead of you Tann."

She smiled to the view. To the trees. To the air.

"Don't waste it."

A sudden loss befell her Master's eyes. Remembering the middle. Remembering the dark times. Then a new firmness took her. And she turned to Tann with renewed purpose. Calm and determined again.

"What you learn here in these Temples. Its just part of a greater whole. No matter how hard it gets. Or long it takes. These Temples, these places? It was never an ending."

She twirled her finger again and pointed to the air, the walls, the ceiling.

"This is all, just another beginning."

Then she grabbed a new piece of meat and nodded to the sounds of the Temple outside.

"And its up to us to make it beautiful too."

She smiled just as the droid walked in. Carrying a tray and pitcher of lemonade.

~ "Order for Master Samatharis." ~

"Yes! Here. Just put it down. Thanks. Appreciate it."

The droid bowed and took his leave. Leaving the two women to enjoy their meal on the floor.

Sam gave another smile and then a wave of her hand. The windows of the room slowly began to close against the chill of the night air. Leaving the room to recover it's temperature and to fill with the warm smells of dinner.

"Anyway. Well start the jumping lessons tomorrow after lunch. Down stairs in the training room. It has um, heh - well, it has a higher ceiling. Haha."

Today had been enough. Tomorrow was always a new beginning.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

How are you so good at writing!? I'm in love

Living your best life. That's what her master said. What an inspirational thing to say. Tann smiled at the thought as she watched her master regale her on some of her memories. She could almost see them in her own mind when she remembered them. They were pleasant memories, until they weren't. Tann didn't like those memories and she instantly felt bad for Sam. But her mentor circled back around and found the happy thoughts once more.

The droid would then come in and bring them their lemonade. Tann took the glass and took a small sip with a hum of pleasure. It tasted just as wonderful as she expected it to be. Sam would then close the windows; Tann watched them with awe. She made it look so easy. It would take far more concentration for her to do something on that big of a scale.

"That sounds good, Master. And alright. I look forward to touching those ceilings then." She smiled and took some of the potatoes in her hand. Eating them one at a time. Then, a thought came to her. "Master? Can I ask you something? I don't know if you speak Ryl or not, but did you know that my name means Hope? My mother wanted to name me something special. And she felt hope was the best way to do that. Do you think....do you think you could start calling me that as well? I ask all my friends to do the same, and I think we've passed that threshold of friendship by now."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam gave a look of bafflement to Tann as she mentioned the true meaning of her name. Sam didn't speak Ryl nor did she understand their specific culture around words and meanings. However, it seemed a strong compliment that Sam would be blessed with this knowledge and opportunity to speak with a new meaning. Sure! Why not.

"Ha. Hope it is then. Well said."

Tann Po'rah. The Hopeful Padawan. Yeah. Kinda had a ring to it.

Sam finished up eating and began packing unfinished items away. A flock of students passed the door and the sounds of an evening Temple began to murmur about. Looks like everybody was closing up shop for the night. Milling about to other things. Sam gave a nod and decided to do likewise.

"Welp. I'd say that's enough for one day. I'd better get back to it."

She stood and brushed herself off. Obviously a messy eater. Omph. Man. Her poor pants.

"Alright then Hope. Thirteen hundred hours, tomorrow. Downstairs in the gymnasium. Dress for a workout. Dismissed."

Sam grabbed the bags and offered Tann any leftovers. Otherwise, it was back to business as usual. Until tomorrow.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann -or Hope- would return the smile her master gave her. She was glad that she accepted the term. They finished their meal and Sam would then start to pack everything up. She offered the Twi'lek some of the leftovers but Tann simply shook her head. She explained leftovers really werent her thing and that they would just go to waste in her fridge. The same fridge that was currently empty save for a single bottle of water she'd refilled a dozen times now.

"Aye aye, Captain," Tann would reply as she saluted her master playfully.

It was soon just herself in the room as her mentor took off for the night. Tann insisted on putting away all the marble rocks which she did using her mind, and not body. It was exhausting work, for she'd been doing this all day, but with her food in her belly she felt the need to do something. Too bad using Force powers didn't burn any calories.

After cleaning up the room to the way she had found it, Tann would leave the dojo and head back to her room. The tiny apartment she was given was basically a shoebox. It had a bed, a desk, and a sink. She didn't even have her own bathroom. Now Tann could have asked her master for something a little larger -she was sure the Wookies had a bigger room- but she figured this was a humbling experience for her. And she didn't have much on her to pack away anyways so why did it even matter. Once she'd gotten back to her room she gathered her things for a shower and went to the communal bathroom on that floor. At least the showers had partitions.

The warm water felt good on her green skin. Again she realized how stressed out and sore she was from all the activity today. It was such a relief feeling the water rush down her back. She would wash her arms, then her legs and back, then finally her lekku. She hated doing those first for some reason. Now finished, she dried herself off and returned to her single bedroom and laid down for the night. She crashed, hard. Tann was asleep before she even knew it. Thank the heavens she woke up on time.

With not a moment to spare Tann was in the gymnasium the following morning. She was wearing a black crop top and matching jeans. The jeans had holes in them and the croptop had tears around the neckline for style. She'd neglected to bring her utility belt for she saw no reason in needing it. Without a weapon to clip onto it there really wasn't much use for a belt anyways. Eventually she'd get a lightsaber.

"I'm here!" she said while panting. "I'm here."

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam was sitting the large gymnasium with a small Wookiee woman in a red fabric shawl. They appeared to be reading a book together. Sam poked up from her buddy-study as Hope approached. Looking as smashing as ever.

"Perfect timing. The room's cleared out for lunch and we'll have most of the place to ourselves."

Samatharis stood and returned the paperback to her companion's paws. The Wookiee woman nodded her acceptance and quietly took her leave.

"That was Siri. She helps out around the Temple. Cleans and laundry and things. She's not a Jedi but, I guess after a few Silvers helped her village out of a tight spot? Mm. She has a cultural debt to repay or something. I'm not certain how it works but I'm told it's not a Life-Bond. Just a debt of service or some-such."

Sam pursed her lips and watched as the small Wookiee exited the chamber. Nodding her head stoically and taking a deep breath.

"Anyway. Where was I?"

She turned to the large open area filled with pads and special hovering floor tiles. Hopefully, they wouldn't need those today.

"Ah yes. Jumping! Ha. Nice."

Sam snapped her fingers and walked out onto the padded area nearer the middle. It bounced. Similar to a hidden trampoline. Very squishy.

"Okay. So today we'll start with motion enhancement. First I want you to step out here with me and jump a few times to get your bearings. The floor here is a trampoline. So you'll bounce right up into the air. Just jump a few times to get used to the being in the air and felling the air against your legs. Force Jumping is honestly an easy skill to pick up. You just have to figure out the landing part, first. Ha."

Sam stepped off the trampoline tile and motioned for Hope to take her place.

"Again. Just take it for a spin. See how high you can go. Then, when you're ready. Close your eyes and try to concentrate on the Force as you jump. See if you get a strong connection while you bounce. It will all make sense in a minute."

The brunette human gave Hope a wave then returned to the sidelines to fold her arms and watch.

"No crowd today. No need to feel anxious. Just try to have fun."
wink

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

"Oh good," she said, glad she wasn't late.

Tann watched the Wookie leave and gave her a gentle head nod as she left. She then moved further into the room to meet her mentor. They moved to the padded area and Tann watched as she jumped onto one of them. That looked hella fun. "Shiny!" she said in excitement.

Moving onto one of the pads she already started jumped lightly. A loud giggle escaped her from her giddiness. She felt just like a child again. Sam told her to jump as high as she could and just have fun with it honestly. Tann did just that. Her lekku bounced up and down behind her as she lifted and landed onto the trampoline. The whole time she was laughing.

She had to see how high she could make it. And it was true the ceilings were indeed high. Tann doubted she'd be able to reach those. Not under her own power. But as she jumped, she could feel the air under her, like her mentor said. Something about her movements all made sense. It really did. She could feel something. Out of the blue she decided to do a flip as she jumped. Again she laughed with glee. Her form wasn't perfect but she didn't botch it up.

"This is so shiny, Master!" she called out to her.

Samatharis

Samatharis

S
Sam smiled and crossed her arms over her chest. Good. She was getting the hang of it.

"Perfect. Now close your eyes and focus on your connection to the Force. Let it take you much higher. Visualize it in your mind. See yourself flying to where you want to go."

Sam quickly made a run for the far side of the room and then leapt into the air. Sailing far, far higher than should ever have been possible. She jumped clear over all the mats and landed on the far side of the gymnasium. Almost out of ear shot.

Then her Mentor gave her a big thumbs up.

Now it was Hope's turn. Time to see just how high she could go.

Tann Po'rah Tann Po'rah

Tann's childlike wonder was something to adore. She was totally free and in the moment. Joy was all she thought about. But it was time for business. Her mentor told her to close her eyes and focus. Why must she always close her eyes? That seemed to be a theme around using the Force. Tann stopped herself for a moment and slowed herself from getting any higher on the mat.

"Trust in the Force" she said in her mind.

The Twi'lek pictured herself in the air and what it must look like from Sam's perspective. She felt the air under her legs, around her lekku, and above her head. She was a part of it. It would bend to her will, if she asked it to. Tann's feet bounced off the trampoline unexpectedly causing her to open her eyes. A small ounce of fear struck her heart as she thought she was going to fall. Her graceful jumping now looked like a little bit of a flail as she tried to correct her movement.

Speaking more to herself than to anyone else, "I've got this. I've got this!"

She watched her master leap from one side of the room to the other. She made it look so easy. Bounce. Another landing corrected her jump and she was back to be uprighted. She went up high until gravity took back over. Fear rushed over her again. She wasn't ready to close her eyes. The ground came much faster than she thought it would.

Her master gave her a thumb's up gesture but Tann didn't seem all too relieved to see it. The support was meaningless from this high up. Bounce. She landed again and went up just as high. Her heart was racing. She didn't know how to calm her mind. There was so much conflict in her. Tann's mind was normally as busy as a hyperspace lane, but this was more chaotic. This was like a podracing track.

"I can't do it," she said as she started to absorb some of the shock of the mat to slow her bouncing down. "I'm scared."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom