Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Feel I'm Losing my Game

I just sort of got home from work and tried to do my usual thing, but then I just felt so uninterested. Half the stuff I usually do just doesn't entertian me as much anymore. Same thing for trying to be more active on this site too. I just feel like it's not going anywhere and I'm stuck. Maybe I'm just drained but I do worry I'm losing my creative edge all of a sudden...

I know the feeling... Find something else to RP for about a month or so. Your muse should be at least somewhat reinvogorated after then - such is the way things are on my end right now.

[member="Darth Raven"]

I know that feeling. Hit me hard pretty recently. Still kinda facing it now. Still, there's always something you can do. Try and find something your character hasn't done. Look at all the stories you're doing with them. Set the priorities. I had a family arc I thought would be amazing. I reset priorities and dropped it. Wasn't the happiest but at the end of the day, I'm posting at least twice as freely.

Or, just find a new character arc to do. Throw your characters into something new and amazing.

Not a 100% plan, but maybe it'll help.

[member="Darth Raven"]

Burnout, it happens to the best of us. Though the fact that you are recognizing it early is a good sign. During times like these, I try to find something new and fresh, even if that means outside of the site. You could also find a new character, develop new goals, etc. By the time you get around to things, the change may have given you a renewed appreciation for the things you were formerly burned out on.

Essentially, what everyone said already.

[member="Darth Raven"]
Mmm, that happens to me. Doesn't mean you're losing your creative edge, just means that other things are on your mind. Enigma has given the best advice I've read thus far, as it's worked for me. At all times I'm a member of about three forums, though I only RP on one primarily. When I lose motivation for one I find that I have to re-spark the desire with another. If the idea of building another character sounds at all like fun, then that's the path to take.

If not, then, well, I don't know. Sometimes the motivation just comes back. Just recently, I picked up the motivation to just start writing my own private story with a few friends, something that's been going on for years but that we take month or multiple month long breaks from.

Fear not. Stressing over it and trying to force it isn't the best idea.

Also drugs.

Kidding no srsly

[member="Darth Raven"]

Burn out, got to love it. Take a break from writing, or write something completely new, or just go do something different.

Something else that I've tried before, to varying degrees of success, is to just write. Force yourself to write. Write something completely different, or just random, and sometimes ideas will spring from those ramblings. In fact, some of my best writings originated with that kind of exercise.

Otherwise, take it easy and your muse will return. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom