Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This business on Mandalore was becoming a hazard to her health. The kiffar-Echani hybrid hissed out a small sigh in the Captain’s chair of the Myrmadinas, as it left hyperspace and found orbit around the planet Imahalyan.

An offer of food for Mandalore had been loosely given, and while the Mand’alor was missing and the Cuir Rekr reeled at the death of Aryn Spar, Baiko no Kaho had robed in her Atrisian finery and gotten to work. The people needed to be fed. Industry needed to be restarted by more than MandalMotors ([member="Dorn Skirata"]). While MandalMotors was a boon to the Mandalorians, fish and whatever animals survived the cataclysm were not enough.

“Send a transmission to the surface.” Baiko stood and set down her cup of tea, pressing her hands one last time over her kimono to settle it. There was as ever more than one reason for the ploy Baiko committed.

“I am Baiko no Kaho, Handmaiden of Clan Mantis and servant to Preliat and Yasha Mantis of the Cuir Rekr. I come in friendship to negotiate for food… [member="Gray Raxis"]… [member="Stardust Raxis"]… you were Mandalorians once, it is my hope you remain so. If you wish to speak, please send us the coordinates for a landing pattern. no Kaho out.” She nodded and the transmission ended.

“Ma’am?” The Captain, who had followed Aditya from Atrisian space years ago raised his eyebrow.

“I refuse to let the Mandalorians pillage for everything, when we can much more easily negotiate, while they're occupied. Let the others fight. We will use our words and fix problems before the others get antsy.”

Darkness. It was something Gray was becoming far too familiar with as of late. His sightless eyes gazed upon it without end. His people were currently doing the same as well. It was never easy for his people to come to terms with the force but the outright exiling or forcing them to become force dead was going too far. It wasn't a black and white thing of being Mandalorian or a force user. It shouldn't be at least. Sith and Jedi and witches, all force users were following the principles of their religions and ideologies. It was no different for why his own people, so why was it so hard for them to accept that the force could be part of the Manda? He didn't know. Not about why they couldn't and not about how exactly it fit in with the Manda. It was why he had secluded himself, or well part of the reason.

During his daily training, Gray heard his com system go off. He stood up and walked over to it. It was hard for him to imagine how he could survive if he wasn't able to perceive things using the force. One of his clansmen mentioned a stranger had arrived and mentioned him by name. Odd. He didn't know who would be looking for him outside of their clan. They played the message for him and it caught his interest. A Mandalorian from clan Mantis looking to peacefully ask for food. Based on what little he had heard of his people of late it didn't exactly fit. He would have imagined more of a raid than a negotiation if they came for food... but maybe something else was going on. Not all Mandalorians could have lost their sense of honor after all. Clan Raxis didn't oppose and continued to offer their support even if rejecting the anti-force trend of late.

Gray thought for a moment then said over the com, " Send me a speeder. I would like to meet with this Baiko. Remember too they are vod. Welcome them like you would anyone from the clan. We are both Mandalorians here after all not enemies." He got a confirmation and then ended the com. He sniffed himself and sneered. How long had it been since he last bathed or showered or splashed water on his face? Too long. Looked like his time would be best served getting himself as presentable as he could before the speeder arrived to pick him up.

[member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Stardust Raxis"]

[member="Baiko no Kaho"]

Lovely weather this time of the year, living near the ocean had its benefits usually the weather stayed a fair temp throughout the year except for the spring were it rained a lot.

In the capital city Stardust was present at a council meeting, nothing major going on besides the fact of the economy and the different planets that took part in her trade of foods, a servant came and whispered in her ear that took a minute to process. She sat up straight and looked about the chamber

clear this room I have business to attend to

The council members mumbled and left the room wondering why so urgently their queen wanted them to leave, she looked to the table for a second extremely unsure...clan mantis....this wasn't like them to talk one bit. On the other hand however this could be used as leverage, a way to show that clan raxis still truely were mandalorian

patch me to [member="Gray Raxis"] and to [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

The servant bowed and went over to a computer and tapped a few things as Stardust sat up, once her projection appeared she spoke

baiko no kaho, while I admit I am a bit uneasy at your sudden appearance I would be happy to have a fellow vod. Please proceed to the docks I will meet you there personally

She didn't specifically talk to gray but wanted to know where they would meet up, striding from the massive table she left the building quickly and got onto a speeder bike, she radioed ahead for a landing area to be cleared for her guest

On the way there a million things went through her head, was this some trap? A way to catch them to make them 'cured' of the force? A way to finally eliminate her clan? She claimed herself, she needed a level and just head for this.

Arriving within ten minutes she departed off her speeder bike and started for the designated landing zone, she stood arms crossed behind her. Maybe this was a sign from the force...she truely hoped so

“Ma’am, we have contact from the surface. A [member="Gray Raxis"] is willing to meet us… and… there we go, [member="Stardust Raxis"] is incoming.” The communications officer played Stardust’s message, and Baiko tightened her lips.

“Follow her instructions to the letter.” Baiko exited the Bridge, holding her hands together in front of her as she went to the docking bay of the cruiser.

The woman who exited the Myrmadinas was no Mandalorian. While her outfit betrayed Atrisian origins, the kiffar-Echani moved as her father’s silver-headed kin. She came alone and bowed to Stardust Raxis, her hands still clasped in front of her body.

“Your majesty, I thank you for allowing a humble servant to petition you. I must admit uneasiness to come uninvited, yet matters of state and common good must take precedence over all. Is Gray Raxis coming? I much desired to thank him for his part in saving the life of my charge, [member="Yasha Mantis"] during the battle for Cold Iron City. Ma’am, Mandalore’s harvests have failed. I fear without a supply of imported food, the Mando’ade will have no recourse but to steal it from those planets with plenty. That is… an outcome I wish to avoid with every fibre of my being.”

The hot water was refreshing. Gray had forgotten how good it felt to have the warm liquid flow over his form and renew what was defiled. It was something he wished he could feel in another way, but seriously doubted would ever happen. Failure was the greatest teacher, but all lessons came at a cost. He knew what he had given for his own failures, but it pained him more that too much of it was the lives of his clansmen instead of him personally. In a way, Mandalore was the same right now. No, he could feel it was but there was nothing he could do about it with how things currently were. With a deep sigh, he turned off the water and moved on with his life instead of drowning further in those dark waters.

Gray got himself dressed in his clan's armor. It was not fancy but rather more focused on adapting to the needs of her wearer. That was how he always wanted the clan to be in how they handled themselves. The dark blue and gray had the Raxis wolf on it. He looked no different than any other clansman in it, which was the way he wanted it. He did not want them dependent on him or his orders. Blindly following was not the Mandalorian way. It was not the Raxis way, no matter how much trouble it had brought them. He tied his gray scarf covered in Mandalorian symbols over his eyes then fitted his helmet over his head. He pulled whisper out of it's hilt, but did not arm himself. He adjusted it until it fit comfortably and half smiled under his helmet. At times like this others would check their appearance to make sure it looked alright, but there was no point for the blind even if they could use the force. The force let him see many things, but reflects in mirrors was not one of them. He was as ready as he would ever be it seemed.

The sound of the speeder hit Gray's ears before it ever arrived, so he was already out in the yard waiting. He got on the vehicle and said to his clansman, " Your com." He waited until he felt it in his hand then pressed the button. " This is Gray. I'm on my way. Let them know and that they will be updated when I arrive." With that he handed back the com before he ever got a response. His clan knew what they were doing. They didn't need him for all those months he was gone without a trace, so they didn't need him now ordering them around. No, he was their alor because they still wanted his guidance and that was all he should give them. Orders were for children and soldiers not for your kin. He said to the driver, " Ready when you are."

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

She stood in her armor, clan symbol proudly displayed on the chest piece adorned with the colors of her clan. She watched the woman depart the shuttle alone. Stardust herself was alone but had a few clam members nearby...never could be to relaxed. She bowed them spoke

I allow so because a servant of a clan mandos member showing up means something, and yes gray will be arriving i just got word of such

She paused and listened as she frowned slightly before she went back to a neutral look as she closed her eyes, of course...they come to her when they need something! Yet when star wishes to be part of the clans noooooooo course not she's a force user and a clan raxis! Double trouble! And yet...she sighed out and opened her eyes. The clams would raid other planets better off...imahalyan had more then enough food...besides this could be used in the future...bargaining chip

the clans have shunned me...and my vod. They attacked us when we went to save artifacts and civilians. They went force users like me and my husband 'cured'.....however, we can discuss how much is needed...and if I cam get a personal talk with yasha mantis. Please follow

She turned and started down the path towards the great city before them teeming with life and people moving about their day, she pulled her com up and spoke

tell gray to meet us at the council building

“The Clans are grieving, [member="Stardust Raxis"]. I cannot speak for the Mandalorian culture, for I do not aspire to it. All I speak for is a mother whose children are one with the Force, who sees families hungry. For those of us to whom gifts are given, will we take the road of spite, when dealing with other peoples’ fears?” Baiko dipped her head, and let the Force Empowered make of the sentiment whatever she would.

“Positive intentions are noble in war, yet we cannot carry the weight of others’ failures to see them as they are. What do you want of Yasha?” Following as she was instructed, Baiko kept herself demure and quiet. She knew how risky it was to come to Clan Raxis on a mission of mercy, but with her charge away, she had to attempt some form of healing the rift between Mandalore and her people.

Once given a place to sit, Baiko took it, still remaining as silent as she dared. [member="Gray Raxis"] saved Yasha’s life. If not for him coming to assist, and [member="Briika Tor-Munin"] taking his mercy ship, the young Cuir Rekr member would be reunited with her mother in the lands of the dead.

Certainly that would afford Baiko some leniency, when she returned to Mandalore with supplies.

The way to the capital could feel like an eternity away on speeder or like the blink of a sighted fellow. It was all a matter of just how much someone had on their mind during the trip to preoccupy them. The vast plains some hills and scattered clumps of trees to break up the sea of grass, but even that was soon enough lost in the pallet of shades that was Imahalyan. For Gray, the issue of scenery was never an issue. All he ever saw was the images his mind remembered before he had lost his sight splashed across a black canvas. No, the main attraction for the ride was the flowers for him. The rich, alluring scents of wildflowers mixed into a delicate perfume that whispered in his ear the details of where he was at. It was usually enough for him to be lulled into a calm state of tranquillity for a short time, but not this trip. This time the matter of why someone from clan Mantis was here was all he could focus on.

Gray knew that it was important. He could feel it both from his instinct as a Mandalorian and through his connection with the force. This meeting was likely not going to be much in the grand scheme of things, but that was the beauty of it. It was the tiny push that could get him moving again toward some kind of purpose. He could not say what that might be, but he did know one thing. Mandalorians were people of action by blood and birth. They could not sit still doing nothing and thrive like that. Neither could Gray it seemed. Good or ill, this meeting was going to get him moving again. At least he desperately hoped it would.

The scent of the plains soon changed to that of the city. Gray yelled to the drive to inform them they had arrived. It was hard to say how much time had past since he had left his hut. Time was another thing that you couldn't really sense anymore without eyes. As important as everyone seemed to instinctively think it was, perhaps it truly wasn't if it was so easy to stop sensing it. His clansman dropped him off at the council building, which got a slight frown from him under his helmet. He waved off his driver then began to walk in. No one paid him any attention but his clansman. Seemed many still recognized the way he moved. Was that a good thing or a bad thing? It didn't take him long though before he arrived at the door leading to the room the guest wishing to speak with him was located. He paused then went in.

Walking into the room, Gray got a feel for who all was there. Star and another were seated in the right spots of where they should be, so he guessed that was where he needed to be too. As he approached he took in a deep breath then slide him helmet off. Holding it to his right side, a big grin crossed his face as the scarf covering his eyes seemed undisturbed by his helmet. He said to them as he came to his seat, " Sorry I'm late. Had to shower." He set his helmet down and facing towards his guest from the way it felt in his hand. " I'm Gray Raxis. Pleasure to meet you Ms. Baiko. You said you wanted to speak with me?" Well he was all in now. Time to see how this all played out.

[member="Baiko no Kaho"] [member="Gray Raxis"]

Stardust sat there and closed her eyes sighing, maybe she did come off a bit harsh...however she couldn't help it, the clans had always shunned clan raxis ever since Jack raxis betrayed and attacked the manda'alor leaving the rest of the clan to face their fury....

I'm sorry if I seemed a bit rough on my statement, much has happened. Ever since one of our own, the former alor of clan raxis, jack betrayed the manda'alor we have been in their ridicule. I wish not to see any families go hungry hence we you are within this meeting room right now. As for what I want yasha for, simply to speak and likely discuss where else we can help...by that I mean myself and clan members

She looked to the door, she could feel gray walking towards them as she smiled lightly...she hasn't seen her husband in so long....not after the two fought and split apart, she frowned lightly then cleared her face as she watched him walk in and...she just froze...he looked just like the day they met though of course minus the blind fold. She blinked as she smiled brightly then nodded to him as she went back to a neutral face and stayed silent now

A boardroom was fundamentally more functional than a battlefield for the Atrisian. As she walked, then sat in the offered chair, she kept her head down, and remained in silence.

“Your future Mand’alor thanks you for saving her life in Cold Iron City. My charge would have bled to death without you, and [member="Briika Tor-Munin"], and a humble servant brings herself to bow for the man who did so.” Humility was both a shield against the cutting damages of pride and a weapon against anger. Chersilk rustled as Baiko bowed in the formal manner of utter Atrisian surrender. She made sure to tap her fingers against the floor, creating the noise to dictate where, and what the woman was doing for the blind Mandalorian. Baiko’s silver eyes flickered between [member="Stardust Raxis"] and [member="Gray Raxis"]. Family troubles? The relief on the woman’s eyes was as palpable as her body language was longing…

… had Baiko begun a possible reunion? She rose and took her seat.

The Atrisian realized full well that her mentioning of Yasha Mantis’ desired position was as traitorous and dangerous as revealing a Force User in Sundari’s Palace. This was not the arena of Sundari. For Yasha’s future to become a reality, the girl needed others to see the value in appointing the youngest Mand’alor in history. While Baiko could not single-handedly fight off an army, she could open diplomatic ties and ease old wounds, which, according to Stardust, were as fresh as spring rain in a meadow.

“I am in your debt, Gray Raxis, Alor of your Clan. I would be of service, yet the young one still needs me… perhaps my service could be in creating a healing balm between Raxis and Mandalore. The throne in Sundari lies vacant, the Undying is as ephemera in a lonely hall. His final orders carried Yasha Mantis to the position of Katlaydr, and her father to Ramanar… I fear Ramanar will, in his growing insanity, make a trial for the throne… dark alchemy resides in Preliat Mantis… the one who created it is lost to the stars, protecting the Liberator’s child. While the vacuum consumes the soldiers, I took it upon myself to go alone to those who were once and can again be allies of the Mando’ade. No one on Mandalore knows I am here… and such I would like it to stay. Help Mandalore. Help me feed her people, and you can sustain the credit. You can show with the light I sense in you now, that Mandalore will not be abandoned to its grief, or its’ pain-induced action. You, Gray… you have the opportunity to guide a lonely girl, whose current companions whispering in her ear are deceased Witch Elders, and the Dark Lord of the Sith.” As Baiko spoke, she unfurled her unthinkable inner Force, power upon power laced inside her spirit like a flower in spring before its’ bud exposes its’ beauty. Baiko no Kaho, Handmaiden of the Mantis Clan, was a Master of the Fallanassi Force Tradition.

‘I am the last of my line, Knight Raxis. The last who holds the genetic wisdom of a force tradition which extends past history itself. I hid from the Atrisian Empire, until Emperor Kahoshi banished me to the young [member="Aditya Mantis"]’ service. I hid in the lands of the Mando’ade. I remain hidden, allowing discretion to coerce my humility. I cannot show my presence to Katlaydr, she was stripped of the Force not through Vong-exploits, parasite or illness. When she was born, Yasha Mantis was destined to be a presence in the fabric of that which we feel and see, yet her rescue of her mother from the Netherworld stripped a sliver of her soul and left it scattered in the dying reaches. I fear the hunger of Mando’ade bellies, yet moreso I fear the influences banding to take Yasha’s agency as their own. Mandalore needs you, Alor Raxis. Yasha needs wise council. You are not yet finished, nor are your broken pieces lost. Raxis can yet rise, Stardust. There is a war at play in the girl. She is fractured, fissured, confused. It must be now that we act to protect not only her, but the future of Mandalore. I felt your presence upon her while she slept in the bacta tank… will you help me?’ Baiko’s telepathic voice echoed in the ether between Gray and Stardust, resplendent and calm. How would they react? If Baiko met her death in a plea to save the future, she would breathe her last without effort and become one with the Force with pride.

As soon as Gray was sat down, the guest had begun to speak. Due to him being able to see her outline and therefore her actions through the force, he was a little caught off guard by her bowing and behavior. It certainly wasn't Mandalorian, even though it wasn't so unusual outside of the culture. He just let her keep speaking as she did all of this. As more and more information was revealed, a deeper and deeper frown replaced his earlier grin. It was certainly not good news on how things were going back home for this Yasha girl or even his own people. At the end of her spoken words she even implied he had some kind of place in helping her and in return their people. It was the final bit though that got his hands to curl into fists. Sith. He had been adamant about Mandalorians and the Sith not engaging one another in any sort of friendly manner. Sith could never be trusted. They embodied a thirst for power, deceit, and betrayal. None of these things were what Mandalorians and the Resol'nare should ever be or encourage. If all of this was true then she was right about dire things were for Mandalore....

Then she began to speak to Gray's mind directly without words. It was the force. This woman before him, a handmaiden and member of clan Mantis, was a force user. For the second time he was caught off guard by her. She told him even more. It was about herself and about young Yasha. It was a plea for help. A desperate one at that. He knew what she wanted from him. He knew what she wanted him to do. Could he though? He had failed his clan so many times. He had to pay prices that he regretted deeply for it all. Could he help truly help her out? Should he even risk yet another failure that the price for would no doubt be paid by the girl and his people instead of him?

Gray's hands were pale as he gripped them hard, but then he released them. His face was turned towards Baiko. In a tone that was surprisingly calm even to him, he said, " There is no need to bow or lower yourself here vod. We are all Mandalorians. We are all equals to the Manda." He paused. He wanted those words to sink in for her. It was not something that anyone would expect to hear from a Mandalorian, even another Mandalorian. But that didn't matter to him right now. If she wanted his help then she deserved to see what kind of person it was from. " Clan Raxis is not an old clan. We are young, and since we first formed have seen nothing but ridicule and wrong from our fellow Mandalorians. They call us cowards. Weak. The worst though is that some have even called all of us Dar'manda. What reason do I have to help? I was shot at on sight by one of the very Mandalorians that I hear is in charge of our people right now. Worst yet, he shot at me while there were injured and children in the line of fire on his side of a conflict. What reason do I have to help? Mandalore is devastated and our people starving because of the very Mandalorians who spit on and belittled my clan. The man who shot at me was Mand'alor at the time, and did nothing to help. All he thought about was vengeance. What reason do I have to help? Mandalorians spilled Mandalorian blood onto the suffering soil of Mandalore over this while children starved. And when my clan arrived to help and preserve our culture we were attacked. What reason do I have to help?"

Gray stood up and firmly planted his hand onto the table top. His face was directed at Baiko the entire time. " What reason do I have to help?" He paused for the briefest moment. " I am Gray Raxis of Clan Raxis. I am Alor of my clan. I am Mandalorian. Mandalore needs my help. The next generation of Mandalore needs my help. That is all the reason I need to help Baiko, handmaiden of Clan Mantis. Yasha is Mandalorian. If those who belittled and condemned my clan will not remind her of this if her clan will not remind her of this then I will be the one to do so. You have my word that I will be heading to Mandalore right now to see her and remind her of what it means to be Mandalorian." With that he did not wait for a response. He picked up his helmet off the table and headed straight for the door. Purpose. He could feel it once again and it was, strange. But it was also right. He slipped his helmet back on top of his head before he was out the door.

[member="Gray Raxis"] [member="Baiko no Kaho"]

She watches baiko as she closed her eyes and bowed her head to her, to Stardust it was a sign of respect for such a low bow to gray...who was the one she was bowing to therefore she didn't see it and offered her respect. After that she listened, she took in every word as she watched her. She thought for a second before she felt and then heard that voice as she sat up suddenly before she relaxed and looked to baiko. She glanced to gray listening to him and stood up as she bowed her head

I'll make sure to have freighters follows us 5 freighters full

She said and quickly made her way to gray before pulling on her sun bonnet as she glanced over to him then spoke with humor

what a reunion eh?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom