Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Roughly five years ago I started roleplaying. I made a character that fit a load of cliches, and I went out, writing her until I got caught up in the idea of another character and started to write that one instead. Eventually the site I was on hosted a "Best Character Biography" contest. Unsurprisingly I entered, writing up fifteen pages for a brand-spanking new character. I made it shiny, colorful, and filled to the brim with unnecessary details.

If I remember correctly, I got third place.

What was important about that bio was that it was the first version of Ven'Rain Sekairo. Back then she was Val'Rain, a stubborn teenager who had bad parents. That version of her was horrid, and I used terrible things as toys, instead of allowing them to build up her nature and her backstory. Somehow I ended up writing her for several years before I stumbled upon this place.

Ven'Rain ended up being my second character here, but no one really remembers the first, since I used him a grand total of three times before dropping him. I even had the subaccount deleted (that was a long time ago). So, to many, Ven probably seems like my first. I've written her for four years, though this version of her has only been around for two, almost two and a half. In that time she's died twice, broken up and gotten back together with Circe at least ten times, and fought at least six Sith Lords.

She's been with me through good times and bad times. I've made a lot of mistakes will using her name, but I've done at least a couple good things too. Sometimes I love her, sometimes I hate her. Other people seem to like her though, from what I've gathered, and from what they've told me.

But I'm always looking to improve. Always. So, fellow members of Chaos, I'd like to hear what you think about this old dog. The 'famed' Mad Merc.

Here's a few links to threads of hers. Most will be recent, but I'll throw in an older one or two for nostalgia.
TL;DR: Tell me what you think of Ven, please.

[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

Always fun to read, Chris... I just think we should interact more ICly :p

Seriously, though, I've been reading Ven for a year and a half-ish (I sniffed around Chaos a little before I joined.), and I don't think there's been a thread of yours that hasn't gotten at least one bit of emotion (or at least laughter) out of me.

Never stop writing. Ever. You are very fav. <3

In all seriousness, though I've never written with Ven personally (maybe that'll change when I finish Ahe's bio), I can say for sure that I absolutely adore your writing, and threading with you is never not fun. You paint the perfect picture with every single post, and it always pushes me to have my replies match yours. There's never a time when I'm not amazed by something you've written, and it's great. Stay awesome and keep doing whatever it is you're doing, because you're doing awesome.

[member="Ven'Rain Sekairo"]

Kiyron

K
A treasure and an inspiration. Your writing with her has always been incredible to read and super-fun to follow all the stories.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom