Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite Star Wars Characters

Arken Lussk

Thrills, Chills, and Kills
I'm a little curious as to what all of your favorite Star Wars characters are. Namely those from Canon or Legends material listed in wikipedia. I've perused through this great database many a time and have found quite a few characters that have made me chuckle or gape in awe, but only one of them has truly amazed me.

His name is Bill. A Sullustan Jedi Padawan whose only dream was to be DJ. The struggle between his true passions and the rigid order set in place by the Jedi has always entranced me as he journeys to make his dreams become reality.

So, tell me your favorites and why they're at the top of your list!

If any of you are interested in joining an appreciative movement for the journey of young Bill, here's an honorary rank title to wear proudly.

[member="Arken Lussk"]

I'm going to have to drop in a massive cliche here and say Qui-Gon Jinn.

What attracted me to him as an all-time favorite was alike many others appreciation for the mans willingness to blur the lines in order to follow a morale cause, at times conflicting with the Council to do so. It emphasized the priority of service to the people and to the Force despite at times being considered verging on "Gray Jedi".

For me it a toss up between Revan, Bane and Ashoka Tano (spot the odd one out )

Revan's story has so much going on. Exiling himself from the Jedi in pursuit of doing the right thing, his fall to the dark side, his return to the light through love, bringing bastila back to the light, rediscovering his memories and finally walking into certain death leaving behind his wife and new born child.

The Bane story for me is without doubt my favourite story. Bane himself changes the history of Sith and his quest of power, immortality and knowledge make for a captivating story. He took out the entire Sith and Jedi armies single handedly.

Ashoka on the other hand is something so different, certainly within canon. When we first met "snips" I was not a fan, in fact very much to the contrary. However by the end of the clone wars she had grown on me and when she was reintroduced in rebels I fell in love. The battle between her and Darth Vader, her old master, was something special. She is also the first "grey Jedi" introduced to canon and it gives us an idea on were ,I think, the new trilogy is going.

I think all in all Revan is my favourite Star Wars character but I would love to see his story re written into a novel series or better yet a live action TV show!!

Obi-Wan is my eternal Star Wars hero. Perfectly encapsulates the virtues, pitfalls and overall image of the Jedi, even moreso than Yoda. But Yoda, Qui-Gon Jinn and Luke Skywalker have all been Jedi heroes of different moulds that I've always liked. Which is why I've always wanted more exploration of Qui-Gon and haven't been too impressed with what they did with Luke. In terms of the Legends Expanded Universe, they produced a lot of likable Jedi characters but only one has really resonated with me like the characters I listed before and that's Ulic Qel-Droma. A truly compelling, human story. I still admire the concepts behind the characters of Revan and the Exile — wonderfully executed in the games — but I think when they tried to produce specific canonical identities for them in TOR they absolutely butchered them.

For Sith, Palpatine is always the numero uno. Just a delicious villain who is one of the rare cases of being enjoyable in all his villainy without really having a human aspect to him, part of a masterfully constructed story and still the standard for the archetypal manipulators and schemers. But I do love other characters created in the same mold like Kreia and Vergere. I'm also sympathetic to Dooku (in Yoda: Dark Rendezvous) and Plagueis (in Darth Plagueis): again, compelling, human characters. For the same reason I found Sion a compelling villain because he wasn't just a hate-filled juggernaut; he had human relationships with the female Exile and Kreia. Dooku I also liked for being a Sith badass of a different variety: class, elegance, sophistication. As an icon, of course, Darth Vader stands way above all other Sith characters. Quite a few other badasses have been produced like Maul, Nihilus, Malgus etc. but none can match Vader. Maul staged a good comeback in terms of character depth but that required a significant change to his character. Vader remains the top badass of the Sith and for all his badassery was still a human character. Most of the other badass-types have little to no depth as personalities.

For non-Force users, Han Solo is the gold standard, but I also count R2 and C-3PO, Tarkin, Thrawn, HK-47 and G0-T0 among my favourites.

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Favorites:

Palpatine - He's hilarious. Verbally negs his enemies in the middle of tense situations. Manipulates the other idiots around him. The best character in the prequels by far. Anyone who doesn't like Palpatine is not a Star Wars fan.
Pre Vizsla - He made Mandalore great again. That's it really.
Luke Skywalker - He's the heroic archetype. Too bad the new sequel trilogy ruined him. I also predict that
he will die an incredibly lame death in The Last Jedi.
"The Agent" from SWTOR - I liked the storyline.

Least favorite characters:

Rey - The worst Star Wars character ever made. She's terrible in every way imaginable. Unlike Luke there is nothing about her "backstory" (using the term loosely) that makes me want to care about her. She has the same annoying facial expression in every scene. And any tension involving Rey immediately evaporates because she's magically good at everything. She's the canonized version of Galen Marek, times ten.
Galen Marek - See Rey, except slightly less in your face about it.
Kylo Ren - A face only a mother could love. Listens to My Chemical Romance while swinging his lightsaber around angrily. "It's not a phase, dad!"

tumblr_nt684iBj9I1qiaxzfo3_250.gif

giphy.gif

Fav Characters in the Movies (in no order):
1. Darth Vader
2. Obi-Wan
3. Rey

4. Poe
5. Finn
6. Kylo

Fav Characters in EU:
1. Darth Traya
2. Darth Bane
3. Jedi Exile
4. Exar Kun

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
hmm favorite characters would be hard. in the books some get to do good and some suffer depending on the writer

1. Mara Jade Skywalker
2. Kyle Katarn
3. Corren Horn
4. Jaina Solo & Jagged Fel
5. Revan (from KotOR cut out the book, old republic and KotOR 2)
6. Luke Skywalker
7. Anakin Akywalker
8. Aayla Secura
9. Ahsoka Tano
10.Thrawn, Pallaeon and Isard

Least Favorite would have to be Phasma because she did next to nothing in the movie. THe book and comics helped explain a few things but realy she seemed to have 90% of her scenes be her walking

OH hey guys check it out I got Not My Star Wars Bingo.....see right here look.

"MUH Empire" ----> "MUH Luke" ---> "MUH Mary Sues"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6MYAGyZlBY0

Jor Kvall

Ain't found a way to kill me yet
Oh please [member="Hiss Hiss"], that's such a silly comparison and you know it.

DLycywsVAAASwbY.jpg

AND DON'T YOU DARE HOLD HER HAND SHE'S A STRONG WOMAN AND CAN TAKE CARE OF HERSELF!!!!!!

Make a guess.

Yes it's Darth Nihilus. I mean eldritch world eating sith lord that can only communicate by incomprehensible whispering in ancient sith while wearing a cool mask is just pretty hard to beat. Also Kotor II was lit.

Thrawn and Darth Bane are close second places.

I think my odd ones would be Etain Tur-Mukan and Darman.

If we're sticking with movies, Qui-Gon Jinn for all the reasons that [member="Veiere Arenais"] outlined above.

Opening the aperture to include the cartoons, comics, books, etc... Ahsoka Tano. Her character arc between Clone Wars and Rebels is simply fantastic.

Romano Shamalain

R
From the Movies & Clone Wars TV Show:

1. Mace Windu
2. Ahsoka Tano
3. Obi-Wan Kenobi
4. Coleman Trebor

Heroes:
Bardan Jusik
Wedge Antilles
Corran Horn
Anakin Solo (the latter part of his life)
Ton Phanan/Garik "Face" Lorran

Villains:
Grand Admiral Thrawn
Borsk Fey'lya (technically not a villain but I hated him)
Gilad Pellaeon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom