Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite scene from the new trilogy

Reyven Samoth

Grand Lord of the Tribe
See, that's the problem though. The prologue forces too much in order to 'explain' stuff that needed no explaining. And then on top of it Lucas went back and started butchering the originals in order to make the prequels fit better. Yes, graphically the prequels are nicer. Was their story necessary? No. It's like when they added in that stupid 'no' to Vader at the end of Ep 6. It's like Lucas thinks that you're too stupid to understand internal, unspoken dialogue, so he has to yell no in order for the simpletons of the audience to get that, 'Oh, I guess he doesn't like the Emperor frying his kid'.

At any rate, favorite scene from the new trilogy? I guess I'd have to say the Battle of Coruscant.

Yeah, the prequels aren't as good but I still love them. Honestly, my biggest issue is less the plot aspects, and more the lightsaber combat not actually looking like combat. It is flashy, but it seldom looks like anyone is actually striking at someone. And it got progressively worse. The Anakin-Obi'Wan fight being the absolute worst where their attacks moved beside one another and seldom at one another.

Darren Onyx

D
It's not like I worship Episodes 1-3. I just think they answered a lot of the questions people had in episodes 4-6. Just my opinion.

Avicus DuSang

The Patron Saint of Heartache
The books are the original story. You know how in Episode 6, Han Solo looks at the Falcon and says how he has a feeling he's never going to see her again?

That's because in the book, the Falcon is destroyed during the assault on the Death Star.

But, kill the only black guy in the Galaxy off and you have a PR nightmare.

Here's my beef with the original trilogy:

Anything used to change the story. Par example, Greedo shooting first or Vader's aforementioned scream.
C-3PO
Ewoks

Here's my beef with the prequel trilogy:
All of Episode I.
Most of Episode II.
Palpatine yelling "unlimited power" before Anakin kills the only black Jedi im the Galaxy.
Vader's scream at the end of Episode III.
The fact that we didn't get to see Anakin slicing up padawans with a lightsaber.
Mace Windu never said, "Mutha fucka!" once in the whole damn trilogy.

I think that's it.

Favorite scene? Probably be Dooku vs. Anakin and Obi-Wan Round 2. Dooku's execution additionally.

Followed closely by Palpatine laying waste to three Jedi Masters.

Farko Zord

F
I like the part when that little British kid walks up to Anakin and says,

"Mahster Skywaalker, there are too many of them, wot are we going to do?"

And then Anakin annihilates them...

... Little shits.

Thadd Zarr

T
I loved the scenes with Natalie Portman's ugly face....

ui2ikca971cbffdviewattth1334be85bcf.jpg

My only problem with the prequel trilogy?
For the entire time he was on screen, I don't think Liam Neeson killed a single person. Now, there's something wrong with that. Liam Neeson needs to kill someone in every scene for me to be satisfied. The fact he got as much screen time as he did while not killing a single person is terrible, as bad as the fact that because this film as PG-13 or whatever Samuel Jackson couldn't swear.

CreationX

Nightmother's Kath Hound
when Mace Windu gets his arm cut off: "Unlimitted Power!!!!" or when Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, and Jar Jar go through the planet core: "Theres always a bigger fish."

Farko Zord

F
Ush said:
My only problem with the prequel trilogy?
For the entire time he was on screen, I don't think Liam Neeson killed a single person. Now, there's something wrong with that. Liam Neeson needs to kill someone in every scene for me to be satisfied. The fact he got as much screen time as he did while not killing a single person is terrible, as bad as the fact that because this film as PG-13 or whatever Samuel Jackson couldn't swear.
There needs to be an R-Rated remake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom