Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fateful meeting

Nar shadda

A place riddle with low lifes, slavers, and smugglers. All looking for the next job to make it to the next day on the crime planet. However those people needed to eat of course, so stardust would make a routine run herself when she could, mostly because a single small freighter with a massive mandalorian guarding it deterred a few of the lowlifes.

While at the dock, she had a mechanic froud start doing routine repairs make sure the small freighter was good to go once she finished with her business. While handling paperwork with the buyer of her grains she hard some commotion from her ship, handing the data pad to the buyer she ran over just in time to watch her mechanic droid get taken...lovely

Drawing her blaster pistols star started firing at them, however she was greeted with heavy repeater firecausing her to find cover, unfortunately that left the ship open and blaster fire rammed into it causing sparks and panels to blow out. Gettimg up she watched them make off with her droid, not only that they managed to damaged her ship...sighing she moved over and began to shut the power off to that section and inspect it...this would take awhile

After a hour of he own work she got irritated and stepped back, she needed a mechanic, so she put out a message for one maybe someone reliable would come...

[member="Tan'yill"]

Being back on and around the system of Nar Shaddaa had brought her busy times, to say the least. The smuggling business had been on ice since Bespin and the chance meeting with Cyran Vaas. Instead, a wide variety of jobs had landed her way; from 'putting pressure' on debt-ridden fools, to one or two street fights just for the fun of it and now this.

Assisting some unnamed twi'lek with a mechanic job. A ship. A freighter. Much more information had not been given to her by the boss. Even compared to her smuggler jobs, a considerable bit of information were missing for her to know what to expect or how to prepare herself. What ship model was it? Who was the pilot in need? The payment would be handled by the boss, so atleast that bit was sorted out. With few tools she could make magic with most of the common ship models, so she guessed the standard equipment would do for a start.

Clad in her regular smugglers attire plus a heavy looking toolbelt around her hips, Tan tossed the cigarette aside before entering the starport and headed for the docking bay where she were supposed to meet with the customer. Even with the tools dangling around her and looking rather bulky, she moved with the easy grace that her kindred were known for. Not dainty as some Canto Bight lady, but with confidence and the bit of casual appearance that you would get from running in the streets of Coronet and then kicking into the smuggling business.

Upon entering the docking bay, she stopped for a second to get a first good look and assesment of the freighter. No one were to be seen outside. Her hazel eyes looked for the boarding ramp and headed over, taking the KYD-21 blaster out of its holster and knocked on the strut of the open ramp.

''Hello? Anybody home?'' she called into the ship and glanced around the bay while waiting for an answer.

[member="Stardust Solus Skirae"]

[member="Tan'yill"]

Busy inside the the hold, stardust was working on internal systems she kew she could check and fix without the need for any tool she didn't have on hand. Coming out of a little hole she sighed and wiped some grease off her hands with a rag and then stood going to check if the mechanic had arrived

Spotting a twilek with a belt full of tools and a blaster out, she narrowed her eyes and moved to a dark area as she drew her own and then waited for the woman to enter. Carefully stepping out, she held her blaster level and then spoke calmly

yeah someone's home, you the mechanic that's supposed to be coming to help fix my ship?

Stardust didnt like it when people came up guns drawn, sure it was narshadda...ok it was nar shadda so made sense, putting her gun away she smirked

I'll assume so, given the tools you have, names stardust Solus Skirae. Glad you came, I'd likely be gone by now but eh...ran into some trouble with the locals

Her lekku had some interesting markings... kinda like her own...huh...neat

''I am...'' she replied coldly and put a pause to it while slowly holstering the purple handled and chromed blaster. ''You can't be too careful around here.'' she said, pointing out the need to enter an unknown ship with a drawn blaster.

She were almost immediately put slightly reserved to the green twi'leks appearance. Tan's alert hazel eyes were drawn to her lekku markings. They were recognisable, maybe from a relative clan on Ryloth. A weird feeling spread inside and made her feel uneasy in the presence of the other, looking-to-be slightly older and taller, woman.

''So... What seems to be the-'' she begun to say, but made a sudden halt as an idea struck her who the other woman might be. At the same time, what she thought could not be true.

''Sorry.'' she excused herself with a concealed cough. ''Well, you'll be gone in a heartbeat once you show me what the problem is.'' she continued and tried to snap herself out of the weird feeling.

[member="Tan'yill"]

aye, sorry for drawing a gun on ya

Emerald colored eyes scanned the twilek, noting her lekku...it was odd...seemed so similar to hers. Maybe it was nothing actually but star stared a second longer and then cleared her throat as she felt a wave of unease wave off the fellow twilek

its outside, my mechanic droid was in the middle of routine repairs when he got stolen, tried pursuing but the ferfeks had a repeater and lit the side of my ship up

She said waving for her to follow

Something was definately off here, she could feel it. The way the other womans lekku tattoos looked like, and the way she moved when waving for her to follow her outside, everything seemed similar to... Similar to herself back on Corellia, before Mitch and the years running on the street getting herself through all kinds of trouble.

Those tattoos... She thought, and threw a glance at one of her own lekkus as she followed her the other twi'lek woman out of the ship, tools swaying by her side. There it was - she saw them every day in the mirror! It was a spot on image of her own tattoos! A fraction of her memory struck her. She remembered her brother mentioned it once, that she had an older sister, but for unknown reasons she were never realy there. Feth! Was it her?

''It's...'' she begun, and made a sudden halt just as her first boot touched the ground below the ramp. After all these years, it got her feelings divided and did not know how to react to the fact. ''It's you! Star, it's fething you!'' she exclaimed. Taken aback by the fact, she just held it right there and stared at her tattoos and lekkus from behind. It damn right was her own markings. Wether she wanted to just hit her or hug her was uncertain at this point. What the feth were the odds?!

[member="Tan'yill"]

The unease from the other twilek put star on the alert, old soldiers instinct combined with the force was to blame, eyes glanced back narrowed before she looked away and frowned. Many many years ago, she knew she had family all over the place including ryloth, one such family was on her father's side but he never really mentioned them often at all, least not around stars mother.

Stopping once she heard tan exclaim, she closed her eyes and took a shaky breath as she slowly turned around, sighing as she held her arms out like 'yeah that's me'

my, father always said I had family else where, never met them, didnt understand why for awhile

Her family had forgotten her, right after that fething accident that took her father and mothers life and left her nearly dead...to meet someone blood related this late in her life felt oh so bitter sweet

but I guess its my own ignorance that prevented me from looking in further to my family

She said and sighed looking down

surprised you know about me to be honest, after mother and father died on this very planet and I was left, our aunts and uncles took everything didnt even before finding me...but what are the odds we meet

''Surprised?!'' she uttered and kept her hazel eyes upon the green kindred, now confirmed sister of hers. It all felt so unreal. Nothing could have prepared her for this confrontation. So many memories were brought back and what life would have been if they all would just have sticked together.

''You're surprised?! You ever thought about how we felt back on Corellia?! Where were you all those years?!'' she exclaimed and seached intensively for the green twi'leks gaze. Blood was aways thicker than water, they said, and if they all would have just sticked together maybe everything would be so different right now.

The emotions were boiling inside her as her usual hazel gaze grew more fiercely and insensively yellow as the seconds of listening to Star's explanation went on.

Truth to be told, she did not know wether to feel happy or bad for meeting her long lost sister again. It was just so much that were being changed in the blink of an eye. Their past could not be changed, but the simple fact that they had encountered each other after all these years were substantial enough to make her world go to spin. Tan shook her head blankly and sat down on the ramp, resting the head in her palm.

[member="Tan'yill"]

kinda hard to approach your family when the aunts and uncles you trusted took everything rightfully yours and squandered it...

She walked over slowly, setting down a bit roughly as she stared out at the bustling people, confusion and sadness echoed in her soul as she sighed and looked down at her..sister

I even tried to contact my aunts and uncles I knew would help...they...they ignore my pleas...tan'yill i...

Could star say shes sorry? Her own anger and confusion led her to believe she had no family alive...but here was tan alive beside her, a girl she had ayed with as a child, a girl she swore she would always protect as a big sister

And now here they were, a smuggler and mandalorian

I'm 55 now tan'yill

Tan stared out through the spacedock, but her intense green-yellowish gaze soon shifted to Star who approached her from the side. The fact that she had always had a sister had been blanked out when they were younger. From early on, she had learned to take care of herself and have had her brother closest to her when their father and mother had passed away. Living on Corellia, it had not been an easy way of living but although she hated Mitch, he had showed her the ways of the street which had been both good and bad. If they only had held their family together, their current lives would probably have been alot different. Of course, she were mad at Star but at the same time thankful that their paths had finally crossed.

''I'm surprised you still know my name...'' she said questly and flicked her gaze down the ground.

''I don't know wether to hate you or be happy that we've finally met... Star. I... I don't know what to say... A part of me just want to punch you in the face... for not being with us...'' she begun and looked up at her green sister again.

''At the same time, I'm realy glad that I finally met you...'' she continued on a tense voice.

[member="Tan'yill"]

I dont forget a name, not a family one at least

She mumbled, eyes closing as she took a deep breath in then out, opening her eyes she listened and then stood walking to in front of her and crouched staring her in the eye, her own harden from the horrors of war.

punch me, sock me right in the face tan'yill, hit me right square in the cheek. Believe me it wont ever be the first pain I've taken

One might think she was joking, however the seriousness in her eyes and voice said the truth as she would nod to her sister

As Star approached and crouched down in front of her, intense green-yellowish eyes glanced up and into the pair of emerald green ones belonging to the long forgotten sister. Even though the color was different, the two pair of eyes resembled each other in a way both frightening and relieving. The unexpected encounter suddenly had turned her world upside down and blown up emotions she did not know she even had, or haven't been feeling since a very long time ago.

''Well... Then it seems that we've been sharing the same fate.'' she stated and searched her sisters eyes, thinking back at the years on Corellia. She was furious and disappointed at her, but at the same time she had another blood relative in front of her. Since their parents passed, it had only been herself and Rah. Now, they were suddenly three.

A short snort left her as she shaked her head and looked away.

''This is so confusing right now... Suddenly, here you are...'' she said and looked back at her.

[member="Tan'yill"]

Eyes kept staring, they didnt look away till she chuckled and sat back resting one hand on the ramp looking up to tan'yill as sighed and shook her head at her sister

how do you think I feel? I thought the key family I had was my husband and daughter, along with my clan family, now suddenly from the past my sister is here before me...alive...

A heavy sigh came out as she shook her head

I know theres not much I can say, hell, what can i even say

''Yeah? You thought I was dead...?'' she asked rhetorical in the most serious tone as their eyes still met head on. ''I can't say I haven't been near it sometimes, or even felt dead... but it's usually someone else that ends up dead...'' she continued and Star could perhaps notice a faint shift in her eyes. Crimes and voilence had been a part of her life for so long and to the degree that she often identified herself with it, at least a part of her even if it was a lot worse some years ago.

Despite that fact, she could not help but to feel moved deep inside by the unexpected situation. Questions were beginning to emerge in her mind but did not make themselves out of her. Instead, the long and intense gaze ended with a blink which softened it slightly. Like lightning from clear skies and with belt and all, she threw herself around Star in a tight firm hug.

''Feth! I don't know wether I hate or love you!'' she broke out and held onto her for a short while, before releasing and now looked obviously more moved than before.

[member="Tan'yill"]

She listened, closing her eyes as she sighed and felt shame bubble up, opening her eyes she looked over just in time to see a blue blur before she felt arms around her in a hug. Stoppimg she smiled and hugged back gently as she let a relaxed breath out and chuckled

we can sort that out, for now all we have is the future to look forward to sister, right now I have you before me and in the future I will always and I mean always be a call away

She said placing a hand on her shoulder and smiled brightly

Her green sibling would notice that once she were released from the hug, and even if it was very difficult to do, Tan would try to avoid eye contact with her. She felt herself open up in a way that was years, years ago. She could not control it and she were definately not comfortable with it. Only her brother would have seen it happen before, and occacionally Mitch. As Star mentioned the future, another faint thought of anxiety popped up in her mind; that of how she would take the, from time to time, questionable occurrences from her past.

''Yeah... I guess so, sis'...'' she said, nodding slightly with a long contemplating gaze to the side.

''Guess we have quite a lot to catch up to, huh...?'' she continued and glanced up once.

''What are the odds of this happening, anyways?'' she asked mostly to herself, and chuckled to the insane possibility that they would finally bump into eachother.

[member="Tan'yill"]

yeah, weve way to much to catch up on

Looking to the paneling she waved it away and spoke

let's not worry about the repairs for now, want any tea or anything? I keep a good stock of alcohol and spirits on me

She said with a chuckle, looking up as she took a deep breath, where to start where to start...she decided she would start with that fateful day...when her life was forever altered

guess I'll start. After me, mom, and dad left for narshadda for business, we did business and was on out way back to the ship when....

This part to this day haunted her, eyes narrowed and softened before she sighed and took a deep breath

when we got caught in the middle of a gang war. All i... really can remember is blaster fire, mom and dad quickly covering me with their bodies and then...a explosion after that...nothing I woke up in a doctors house, I had suffered a traumatic head injury...I was lucky to be alive but mom and dad they...they were killed instantly

''Hmpf! So, we're already having our similarities? I always keep the galley stocked, never know when you're needing one in this galaxy...'' she said with a snort, and shruged and flit her arms once. Apparently they had something in common, even though they had been living apart and fighting with their own lives for such a long time. Tan silently wondered what more they shared in the terms of traits, habits and such.

She listened carefully and nodded gently as Star begun telling the story of their parents. Many years ago, Rah had told her something similar back on Corellia, but that had not been a time to dig deeper in their past. The fact was that she had lived under the impression that Star also had passed in the event and that they were the only ones left of their family. Without those attachments, it had been deadly easy to fall into what would be the only thing she knew for the years to come.

''Yeah... Rah told me something like that way back... It's...'' she said ruminatively, looking down on the ground whilte crossing her arms. ''It's a horrible truth... Especially for you that got to know them...'' she continued and looked up with a slightly sad and close-bitten face.

''Something strong would be nice, yeah...'' she said quietly with a nod, like she had contemplated the offer of a drink all since her green sisters offer.

[member="Tan'yill"]

it's one of the very few things that haunts me after all these years, I try not to go past that spot when I come on business but...

She looked to her sisters sad face, frowning herself as she simple nodded her head and took a shaky breath as she stood to go and get something strong, specifically tihaar. Coming back with the strong mandalorian drinks she poured two small small glasses

I was stuck here till I was 18, doing what I could to survive, had a penchant for flying actually so I ran things back and forth while loving with the doctor

''Hm... That's funny... You also went on to become a smuggler?'' she said, and pondering drew a finger along the rim of the small glass that were placed in front of her. In one decisive move, without knowing the contents, she grabbed the glass and knocked the colorless spirit back her throat and sat it back down. It was strong, very strong but only the faintest motion in her face could be seen. She was largely used to strong spirits, and more than that, from the days on Corellia.

''A doctor too, huh? Are you two still together?'' she said and glanced silently wondering at her sister.

Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom