Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Farkas Flin

Jedi_Master_Allusis.JPG

Name: Farkas Flin
Loyalties: Farkas is a fallen Jedi, he has no loyalties he only wishes to gain power,
Role: Farkas is Esvan's secret master, meeting in secluded areas to train him.
Development Threads: on the way
Species: human
Force-Sensitive: Farkas is a master of the force.
Appearance: Farkas definitely shows his age. He has long grey hair and a bushy grey beard. He wears long brown robes as well as armor on both of his shoulders.
Personality: Farkas is arrogant and full of contempt for the people that abandoned him. He is quick to anger and even quicker to use corporal punishment to fix even the smallest of issues.
Weapon of Choice: He is able to seamlessly change from his many light sabre techniques to his force powers.
Wealth: Farkas has no money.
Combat Function: Farkas rarely enters combat, he is old and past his prime. When he does fight, he closes in for melee combat.
Skills:
Notable Possessions: he carries one lightsaber, red.

Bio: Farkas has had many ups and downs in his long life. He was born on Coruscant, his mother was a spice addict, and he was left to fend for himself in the undercity. To make money, Farkas ran a little gang of ruffians, kids no older than 10. They would stalk tourists around the streets before jumping them for all their hard earned creds. He met his first master this way, Darth Vikitus. Mistaking the Sith Lord for a simple tourist, his gang attempted a mugging. Of course all of the young boys met a swift death, all except Farkas. Vikitus could feel the force running through him, and decided he would spare his life. The only condition; Farkas was to become his apprentice doing whatever Vikitus willed. He spent many years doing this, learning many things along the way. He was taught how to utilize the force in the deadliest forms and an extremely aggressive form of lightsaber combat.. He also learned how to be cold and calculating, on and off the battle field.

Farkas claims he left because the Sith had become weak, but it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to believe it was out of fear that he fled his master. Farkas had become very jumpy in the weeks leading to him running away. Through banter and gossip he learned that Vikitus had a habit of killing his apprentices, fearing that they would become too strong and Vikitus in the case they ever decided to turn on him. Farkas could feel himself becoming stronger, almost by the day. But in the end he still knew he could not take Vikitus head on.

He ended up on Yavin IV a place he knew that not even his old master would be crazy enough to come for him. He seeked out the Jedi temple. He had many encounters with Jedi before, none of them peaceful, but with the information Farkas had gathered, he was almost positive they'd take him in with welcoming arms. Almost. He sat in a small white room, with only a stainless steel chair for him to sit on and a matching table with a recorder on top of it, he spilled his guts. He talked on tape for what seemed like hours, and despite it he was not allowed entrance. The Jedi claimed the information had no real importance to them and sent Farkas packing. He didn't know what to do, he couldn't leave the planet because of the fear Vikitus would send someone to kill him, but he couldn't train as a jedi. He decided to take his life into his own hands, forging a home in the woods where he would train his body and mind ever day.

That was over 30 years ago. Since then Vikitus has still been keeping up with his training, but feels as if his power is slowly dwindling away. He still hasn't left Yavin, not out of fear, but now instead he feels a deep connection with this planet, he believes it hides a great power that he hopes to one day tap into.

Hey there, thank you for deciding to dip your hands in the Codex and adding to the lore of Chaos. I'll serve as the judge for this particular submission and before I can get it approved, there are a few things I'd like you to go over with me so that I can make sure everything is in order.

Development Threads: on the way
Please properly capitalize this sentence first and foremost. Secondly, due to the fact this character is a high-ranking user of the Force, in this case a Master, a rather extensive development thread will be necessary. I will request a development thread between Twenty-Five to Forty posts before I can consider approving this particular submission. The reasoning is as follows :

• Master-Rank Force User [25 Posts]
  • Force Lighting [5 Posts]
  • Force Choke [5 Posts]
  • Vaapad [5 Posts]
  • [IF] Involved with / against other writers [10 Posts]

I realize this may seem a tad excessive, but given the circumstances and the massive potential for abuse due to this characters skills, I am afraid there is no circumventing this. Just as well, given the circumstances, I will require a rather high quality development thread in terms of writing. Also please realize that the development thread submitted for this application cannot and will not be accepted for your training in any shape, form, or way. Abuse will be punished and the submission will be pulled if accepted if there are any issues brought up regarding it.

Species: human
Please properly capitalize.

Appearance: Farkas definitely shows his age. He has long grey hair and a bushy grey beard. He wears long brown robes as well as armor on both of his shoulders.
Please go into a bit more detail regarding his appearance, as the information provided so far makes it difficult to properly form a mental image of the character even with the picture provided. If he has any other distinctive features that usually hidden underneath clothing or other such garments, please provide that as well. Please provide an approximate height and weight, as well as anything regarding his muscle mass or lack of. Please provide any and all equipment he may be carrying on his person, even something as [For Example] meager as an utility belt around his waist which he would use to holster his weapon. Basically, any and all relevant information.

Personality: Farkas is arrogant and full of contempt for the people that abandoned him. He is quick to anger and even quicker to use corporal punishment to fix even the smallest of issues.
Please expand on this. How does he act when alone and / or when unsuspecting? How does he go about his everyday business? Has life on Yavin changed his personality / daily routine in any conceivable way? Add as much relevant information as possible please.

Weapon of Choice: He is able to seamlessly change from his many light sabre techniques to his force powers.
Does this mean he is unable to use his powers while fighting with his weapon or does this mean he able to chain together different attacks flawlessly? Please be more specific.

Combat Function: Farkas rarely enters combat, he is old and past his prime. When he does fight, he closes in for melee combat.
Please provide more information regarding his methods of fighting. I realize he uses the Vaapad form when fighting with his saber, but does he chain together attacks mid-swings? Does he incorporate his powers at all during a fight? I need more information than what is provided. Just as well, please provide a proper list of Strengths and Weaknesses regarding this character due to his nature.

Please properly capitalize everything. Also please realize that using this character as a stepping stone to learn this particular skills, especially as a Jedi, will net you in massive trouble both OOC and IC wise.

Notable Possessions: he carries one lightsaber, red.
Please capitalize your sentence correctly and please go into more detail regarding his saber. I assume the crystal he uses gives his weapon a red color scheme but it is impossible to tell from a first glance if you are indeed referring to the saber or the hilt of the weapon itself. Please put forward the required information regarding the saber as if it were submitted as a separate item entirely, from the length of the hilt and the blade, to the crystal it uses, to the hilt itself. Attempts at abusing this submission to gain this saber will be punished.

Please go more in-depth on this. I am mostly interested in how such a character managed to acquire abilities such as Lighting and Choke, while also being capable of learning Heal, the latter apparently on his very own as the Jedi refused to take him under their tutelage. To my knowledge, I am fairly certain a Dark Side user cannot learn a power such as Heal as it goes against what the Dark Side is about. Despite running away from the Sith, he did so under pretense to escape Death at the hand of his master, not a form of switching sides and becoming a Jedi, only wanting to use them as a Safe Heaven. If anything, I'd say remove Heal from the equation entirely.

As it stands, there is no way I can even think of approving this submission until a lot of stuff is fixed regarding it, and even then I will feel skitter about doing so because it looks like this character is entirely made to be used as a stepping stone so you can learn specific powers early on, one of them in particular, lighting, being something I am fairly certain Acolytes themselves cannot learn until they are a Knight and must instead rely on a weaker version of this power called Force Shock.

I sincerely suggest you instead attempt at finding another writer and going under their tutelage if you wish to learn this powers.

If there are any questions or if the edits are done, tag me. Note that my requirements for this submission are subject to change based on the edits you provide as well as more information I dig up regarding this.

[member="Esvan Naa"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom