Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Far From the Naboo Crowd

Victor chuckled at [member="Tmoxin Temi"] when she asked if he was originally from Naboo. Still he held his response in favor of hearing what the Republic Senator had to say. He was not disappointed even managing to role his eyes at the propaganda [member="Lady Kay"] chose to spew forth. It was entertaining but what could you expect from the Republic.

"Yeah yeah evil people doing evil things." "Poor people suffering under tyranny and oppression."

He turned to Tmoxin.

"No I was born on Balmorra." "However my comment was referring to the fact that the Techno union is not the One Sith." "If the One Sith control Naboo we would just kill the Gungan's and call it a day."

[member="Rex Power Colt"]

Viktor Alexander said:
"If the One Sith control Naboo we would just kill the Gungan's and call it a day."
The Techno Union appeared to be the lesser of two evils. But, then again, if the One Sith had taken Naboo, it seems as though they would have wasted time, resources, and effort to commit genocide on a lesser developed species. The Gungans had been around for a LONG time. They knew the planet better than anyone and would find many places to retreat and rebuild. The OS' efforts would most likely come to little fruition and much rebellion amongst the galaxy, should the truth be revealed.

Of course, Rex didn't voice this. He simply watched the room and sniffed in derision when [member="Viktor Alexander"] made his bold statement.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Lady Kay narrowed her eyes ever so slightly to [member="Viktor Alexander"] as he mocked her and the people of Naboo. But she soon composed herself again as she sipped her tea. The man had no respect for others it seemed, most especially to herself and Naboo. She hadn't had many run ins with Imperials, but more than likely that'll change.

Kay wondered if [member="Tmoxin Temi"] would favour her side, or if [member="Rex Power Colt"] would be the only one in this room to stand by her.

"Yes, quite," said Tmoxin, responding to [member="Viktor Alexander"]. "The Techno Union is a business, not a barbarian clan."

The Hapan executive then turned to the Republican Senator after her passionate diatribe on what a more civilized negotation may have looked like. The woman spoke in such a calm way, that Tmoxin remarked:

"Senator Kay with your beauty and eloquence are you sure you're not a Hapan Ducha?" Her own silver tongue would need to work overtime as she felt a little embarrassed that this whole affair was going to be perceived as a scandalous failure.

"My friends of the galaxy," she started. "My home planet of Hapes is a monarchy. Naboo is a monarchy. If there's anything I know about nobility is that they don't respond well to peaceful overtures. At it's core, an oligarchy is structured to maintain power for the powerful. There was no other way to go about installing a new figurehead quite honestly. This was a serious matter, not to be taken lightly or frivolously."

Tmoxin tried, oh how she tried to look apologetic... remorseful even. But her statuesque manner only allowed her to appear slightly irritated at the line of questioning.

"We even held a think-tank prior to the operation, and none of the other avenues would yield the results we needed. Senator Kay, you can't tell me that as a politician you would ignore scientific data over an emotional response?"

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

Kay-Larr

Not a barbarian clan? Well their actions clearly showed otherwise. She gave a small smile and shook her head at the thought of being Hapan. No. This was her birth planet. Though she represented another in the Senate, it was just what she was elected for.

"Naboo is a Monarchy, it's true. But their Queen is elected into the position by it's people. She can just as easily lose it to the next. If you held a think-tank to gather scientific data on how best to proceed with Naboo, then they gave you incorrect data. Invasion is the wrong decision. You have only succeeded in gaining more enemies. Unless of course....as you say, the Techo Union is a business and all of this is just a bid to sell your products? Naboo is a peaceful planet with nothing to offer ones such as yourselves. They leave well enough alone. This will not bode well for you, as bullish governments quickly lose the respect of others as they just look desperate when performing these types of actions."

Kay sipped her tea. She needed to get to the bottom of this, and not get killed or worse in the process. "The Techno Union isn't desperate, is it?"

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

Snarykk

Sworn To Avenge My Ewokese Brothers To The End!
Slowly, he raised the bowcaster up to his eye, staring down the sights with his Monocle Ocular, scanning the area carefully. Catching the sentry stalking back and forth inside of the fenced in perimeter, the Ewok grinned, chuckling with his signature, high-pitch, sadistic Ewok laugh. Now, today would've been a normal day for the Ewok, he would've smoked a few bowls of pipe tobacco and chugged down a few pints of liquor, but nope...There was a bounty to grab.

Shuffling over to the large, almost Gothic style gate, he examined it carefully. Slowly dropping down to his knees, he examined the gate for anyway to crawl under it, but was clearly unsuccessful. Taking a step back, he tossed his bowcaster over his shoulder, proceeding to release the most revolting, yet fierce bark that ever left an Ewok's mouth.

Easily catching the attention of the patrolling guard, Snarykk grinned as the sentry, obviously irritated, walked over to the Ewok.

"What the kark!? Get the hell outta 'ere!" The sentry shouted, his voice thick with a Coruscant accent. With a blank expression, the Ewok quickly raised his bowcaster, squeezing the trigger. Due to the size disadvantage of the Ewok, the recoil sent the Ewok to the ground on his back with a thud, yelping in pain.

After a few minutes of squirming and panicked Ewok shouts, Snarykk finally managed to haul himself up. Leaping over to the gate, he grinned at the now prone sentry, a large hole visible penetrating his back. Slowly, Snarykk dropped to his knees, slowly reaching through the gate and wrapping his paw around the keyring located on the guard's belt.

Leaping to his feet, he quickly sorted through each key, before finally locating the correct one. Gripping the sturdy, Durasteel bar, the Ewok yelped and groaned as he pulled, eventually managing to pull the gate open.

Sprinting over to the entrance, he stared up at the doorknob. Reaching up, he yelped as he was unable to grab the doorknob, despite him leaping. hopping, and doing everything else he could possibly do in his power to grab the door knob. Shaking his head, he quickly raced to the right side of the building, grinning at the steel drainage pipe creeping up the side of the house.

Gripping onto the pipe, he steadied himself by putting both feet on the wall, slowly pulling himself up, muttering to himself as he slowly passed windows, the ignorant guards not even glancing at the Ewok with a karking bowcaster who happened to be climbing up the side of the damn building.

Due to his size, it took him about thirty minutes to reach the location a Human could reach in five. Gasping for breath, he slowly glanced up, sighing at what looked like the meeting. Shaking his head in disappointment, he slowly reached over, gripping onto the wooden window seal to his right, slowly releasing his grip on the pipe.

With a loud, panicked shout as his legs slipped away, his firm grasp on the window seal remained, as his feet dangled in the air. Slowly, he pulled himself up, gasping as he fell inside, colliding with the wooden floor.

Unable to pull himself, he squirmed and rolled around on the floor, crashing into the wall and vases, sending them shattering on the hardwood floor, essentially alerting everyone above him up at the meeting, and every single damn guard on the floor below him.

[member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

Tmoxin smiled and gave Lady Kay a look of amusement. The Hapan's next words were as important as tone. She didn't want to come off as derisive. Even if she didn't agree with the Republican Senator's position, she would respect it. But when Senator Kay mentioned the Techno Union was desperate, her smile faded just a bit.

"Senator Kay and Governor Alexander, The Techno Union is not desperate - quite the contrary. We represent the interests of the most profitable and lucrative companies in the Mid Rim and across the galaxy," she answered. "Therefore we will use our credits and intellectual capital to, as I stated in the earlier press conference, rebuild what was destroyed. Fund educational efforts for the Gungans. Even relocation programs can inacted into if certain areas of the population feel the need to leave the planet due to the circumstances of a few weeks ago."

Little did Lady Kay know that the Techno Union would, no doubt, forcibly "relocate" the more rebellious members of the nobility and Gungan rebels in order to lessen the chance of revolt.

Suddenly there was a disruptive clamor coming from the floor above. It was loud enough, that Tmoxin slowly got to her feet, giving a hand call sign to her own droids.

"Hans," she said, addressing Lady Kay's bodyguard. "Do you want to make sure that noise upstairs isn't something we should be concerned about?

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Snarykk"]

(Dang it. I just knew that having keyed gates rather than electronic ones would come back to bite us! XD You're awesome, man. [member="Snarykk"])

(I believe that he's saying that we're a floor above him and he's a floor above the guards. AND MY NAME IS NOT HANS. lol [member="Tmoxin Temi"])

dafuq-toys_fb_2394001.jpg
It was at that time that Rex "could not even". His face (look at the picture) stared dumbfoundedly at the hostess politician. Maybe Rex truly was a "big dumb" when it came to politics, but Rex had watched enough Cinemasins (Youtube reference) to be highly cynical and read between the lines. The TU were only going to rebuild what they wanted and to fit their own plans. "Educational" could be easily translated to "Brainwashing", since the Gungans were currently too simple for the necessary amount of education resources to be wasted on them. It also wasn't a far stretch of the mind to imagine that "relocation" meant "goodbye" in the galaxy.

But, once again, it was not Rex's place to speak. Although it must be fun to play with words as a politician, Rex preferred to play with guns.

For some odd reason, Hans had opted to stay and protect [member="Lady Kay"] even though Rex had showed up to relieve him. Oh well. It wasn't Rex footing his salary. But, now he could prove useful. He turned to Hans and said, "Well, Hans, you wanted to stay. Go ahead and check it out."

(Hans is typical muscle. Go ahead and kill him if you want, Snarykk. <^} )

Kay-Larr

At least Hans had stayed. It meant that she wouldn't be left alone while the noise was being investigated.

Kay sipped her tea and wasn't trusting the words that [member="Tmoxin Temi"] was saying. They were all a spin on the truth. She was used to things like that, as well as beating around the bush. She didn't wait for Tmoxin to sit back down before speaking, however. "You mean to rebuild what you have destroyed, don't you? And while you're at it, put in your own puppet government and destroy those that would stand in your way. But what is the real goal on Naboo? Surely this isn't some invasion done on a whim and your scientific data, if there was even a study done, is flawed. There must be something here that you're after....Care to enlighten me on the subject? As this is my birth planet, I have every right to know why you are destroying my home and my people."

The need to liberate the planet grew, just as much as she was certain that the danger level was increasing. Some day, she was going to see Naboo be free once again.

[member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

Viktor watched and listened with amusement. Truthfully he didn't care what happened and did not happen to Naboo. Naboo was not a One Sith planet. It did however give him some measure of pleasure to see the Republic Senator squirm.

"To rebuild one must first destroy." "Can't have one without the other."

Viktor smiled.

Snarykk

Sworn To Avenge My Ewokese Brothers To The End!
Squeaking and barking, he slowly pulled himself, screaming in Ewok agony. Suddenly, he heard the footsteps of someone descending the stairwell, and at that very moment, Snarykk's eyes about burst out of his damn skull. Slowly, he raised his bowcaster, steadying it on the stairwell exit. The Ewok was clearly shaking, as it frothed at the mouth and shook in fear.

Suddenly...The door popped open. "Heeey...What ar-" With an Ewokese battlecry from Hell, Snarykk squeezed the trigger, sending a thick, fluorescent red blaster bolt towards Hans, the bolt striking him in the throat, sending him reeling back into the wall, unsuccessfully trying to shout for assistance.

Of course, the Ewok was laying on his back, groaning loudly. After slowly managing to pull himself up, he darted over to the stairwell, yelping in exhaustion as he ran up the seemingly never-ending...Fifteen steps. On the fifth step, the Ewok gasped for air, falling to his knees, bracing himself up on the wall, unable to breath.

After a ten or eleven second break, the Ewok pulled himself back up, jogging up the remaining steps. He reached the door to the meeting, sprinting at the door with his familiar cry for freedom. With a mighty kick only an Ewok martial arts, black belt master could muster, he sent his foot shooting into the heavy, wooden door.

...Then abruptly yelped, fell to his knees, tears rolling down his face as he cried like a toddler. Slowly, he pulled himself up, shuffling over to the door, slowly raising his hand, knocking on the door with his paw, before taking a step back, raising his bowcaster.

[member="Lady Kay"]

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

After the knocking on the door ended, Rex decided that it was time to speak up. He turned to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and asked, "You, uh...You wouldn't happen to have any children running around with...blasters, would you, my lady?" He was incapable of stifling the large grin on his face.

Kay-Larr

Kay looked to [member="Viktor Alexander"]. She wasn't squirming, nor did she feel that she was on the losing end of this meeting just yet. But it was clear that he was just trying to bait her into losing control. And she wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of doing so. "There was no need to destroy anything in the first place. But if you like that sort of thing, then I'm sure that I can find people to destroy your home on Balmorra, so that you could have the joy of rebuilding it again."

The knocking on the door and other sounds coming from the hallway did give her pause though. But that's what security was for. Calmly, she had another sip of her tea.

(OOC: Apologies about getting super mixed up over names and coordinates of Ewok bounty hunters :))

Tmoxin began to feel the pressure of all eyes upon her, especially as she stood. She gave an alarmed look to one of her guards, who said. "It's okay, Miss Temi. Just a noise somewhere on the Palace grounds."

She nodded and sat back down again, although checking her chrono, she needed to wrap this thing up. Champagne on ice was waiting for her somewhere. Tmoxin looked at the Republican Senator and then back to the Governor of Balmorra.

"Senator Kay, there is no more destruction now. That is over and done with. As I stated the Techno Union will focus our efforts on rebuilding." But she smiled when the Senator made her pointed comment to Mr. Alexander. Kay was feisty and fearless. Tmoxin enjoyed debating with her. Even if she got the distinct feeling that she herself would be on the losing end of the debate.

Then Rex Power Colt asked her if she had any children.

"Surely not. If I did they would be in boarding school right now. Not in a war-torn Palace with anti-progress ideology."

Her children wouldn't also be wielding blasters but that went without saying.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Rex Power Colt"] [member="Viktor Alexander"]

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Rex Power Colt"]

Viktor chuckled.

"Balmorra is no stranger to war Senator." "Especially Civil war, terrorism, and unrest." "As a matter of fact we just recently clawed our way out of that very thing and are currently rebuilding." "I would imagine you would know that if you ventured out of your precious core worlds to see what the rest of the Galaxy has to deal with on a daily basis."

He smirked.

"However if you wish to visit Balmorra I would be glad to roll out the red carpet for you." "If you would like I can even talk to Claire Organa and see if her latest shipment of fine wares as come in."

Kay-Larr

Kay wasn't so sure about the Techno Union's efforts. And still she was nowhere closer to discovering why Naboo was attacked in the first place.

Her attention was then turned to [member="Viktor Alexander"] whose smirk was copied by one of her own. "Oh I hope that you aren't insinuating that I just stay behind a desk all day. On the contrary, I have spent most of my time out of Republic space. Haven't you heard? I'm a thorn in the Hutt Cartel's side for liberating hundreds of their slaves."

[member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Rex Power Colt"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom