Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Far From the Naboo Crowd

CLToeCHl.jpg

Theed Royal Palace, Naboo​

Walking rapidly through the Palace Plaza, Tmoxin Temi had just concluded a press conference for HNN about the Techno Union's recent occupation of Naboo, installation of a new monarch and the Great Grass Plains Battle against a Gungan uprising. While she was no public official, she felt that she did a fairly decent job at damage control. A couple of plagarized quotes about change and progress, a promise to rebuild and fund Gungan schools. The usual.

The next stop on her Naboo tour was an open forum for any politicans who wanted to grill her over the Naboo Incident as HNN had begun to call it - complete with spiffy graphics of nobles being thrown out of their palaces and disappointed Gungans. This forum would take place in the Palace tea room. Along with her Mirari Bodyguard droids and her assistant, Beulah, Tmoxin was seated at a large round table with a crisp, white table cloth, featuring an elaborate centerpiece of freshly cut flowers native to Naboo. A regal-looking server brought tea to the table, making a show of pouring it just precisely so.

Along with the open invitation to politicians, the Hapan executive had also put a call out to military personnel to aid the Techno Union in its corporate endeavors. With the close proximity of the Hutt Cartel and the backlash over the Naboo Incident, Tmoxin felt the need to bolster their security forces. Commander Vereen was a capable commanding officer, but he would be spread thin soon as the Techno Union's reach would eventually extend into the Expansion Region. At least if the Blood Monarch got her way.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

Taking a step through the large, wooden entrance, the Chiss's footsteps rang throughout the room. Bowing respectfully to [member="Tmoxin Temi"], the Chiss quickly adjusted the collar of his white, military uniform. Clearing his throat, the man lowered his head slightly, as he spoke to the woman. His tone hushed, yet respectful.

"Excuse me, ma'am. Where am I to be patrolling and are you aware of the palace tobacco policy? As I am...slightly ignorant on the topic, ma'am." He said, his head remaining lowered, as his military medals dangled from his white uniform.

Naboo

It was a stark contrast to his home of Balmorra. In truth Viktor was here on vacation trying to get away from politics. He had heard stories of Theed's beauty. It seemed like the perfect place to get away. It was something about a waterfall or something. Face it Viktor had arrived while finely dressed in full tourist mode. Only a single guard with him. He had even left his assistant back on Balmorra.

That was however until he caught wind of a press conference. He had only gotten bits and pieces of what was said but it was the speaker that really made him pay attention. After some further inquiries he was told about the open forum. While he was not a big fan of such things after the debacle with parliament his curiosity got the better of him. Passing through the doors Viktor smiled looking at the tea room. It was certainly much better than the one he had.

He looked seeing the same woman from the press conference. He walked up giving [member="Tmoxin Temi"] a smile and extending a hand.

"I hope you don't mind me crashing." "I caught the press conference and it piqued my curiosity." "Viktor Alexander........Governor of Balmorra."

Viktor would give [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] a polite nod.

The first guest had arrived to the Palace Tea Room and it was clearly an individual who had answered the request regarding military personnel. Tmoxin had worked for one other Chiss in her lifetime, but this specific officer was more along the lines of what she was picturing for the Security Forces. Clean cut and in uniform, the multiple decorations signified him to be of some higher rank. But whether it was General or Admiral, she didn't know as Tmoxin was only familiar with the insignias of the Imperial Military and the One Sith. Medals granted by Csilla or another local planet milita were not known to her.

"Please sit down," the Hapan executive said, beckoning to a seat near to her. "And as far as tobacco goes, I'm sure a cigarra is fine. I've rented out the Palace Tea Room for today. I think you'll be granted what you wish in my company. What is your name, officer?"

She was about to answer his question on patrolling but was distracted by the second guest who entered. A young, blonde-haired human extended his hand in greeting. After she clasped it firmly, she said, "Governor of Balmorra. Also do join us. I know Balmorra well. A great planet of industry and capital. Which is exactly what the Techno Union stands for."

She didn't sip the tea that was served but had, instead, a glass of white wine at her fingertips.

"Governor, what's on your mind?"

[member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] [member="Viktor Alexander"]

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Kay was not going to pass this up. Not in any way, shape or form. Especially after what she had experienced and seen while the invasion was taking place. Could it be a trap? Possibly. But when did that ever stop her? She was stubborn and full of hope for a future with very little oppression.

She hadn't planned on arriving as a representative for the Republic, but if it works, it works. Kay stepped inside the Palace with one of her guards in tow. She wasn't going to be that naive to travel there alone. She was dressed nicely, though her well travelled satchel was slung over her shoulder. It may have looked out of place, but not in her mind.

The prospect of having tea was promising for a start. As she entered the Tea room, she stepped over to the table, bowing her head to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] before sitting herself down, her satchel placed onto her lap. No doubt she'd be recognized, but she introduced herself anyways. "Afternoon. I am Senator Kay of the Republic. Thank you for the invitation." She didn't see [member="Draco Vereen"] but the presence of ArmaTech was obvious as soon as she had arrived.

[member="Viktor Alexander"]

Returning the respectful nod to [member="Viktor Alexander"], the former lieutenant general of the Chiss military pulled out a seat from the table, slowly taking a seat. Slipping a hand into his pocket, he produced a short, stubby cigarra. Striking a match, he held the flame up to the tobacco, watching as it proceeded to ignite. Taking a quick puff from the cigarra, he returned his attention back to the woman.

"Former Lieutenant General Gravi'gor'attaque, ma'am." He said with a nod, taking another puff from the cigar, blowing a thick, grey smoke ring up towards the ceiling. He watched as [member="Lady Kay"] entered the room, the soldier giving a respectful nod. He squirmed uncomfortably in his seat, a paranoid expression on his face as he puffed on the cigarra.

"I do not know about this." He muttered to the woman.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Viktor smiled taking a seat.

"Please call me Viktor." Well quiet frankly I thought I could offer simply some assistance in your issue with the Gungans."

He thoughts were interrupted by a new arrival. The introduction made things worse. At hearing the word Republic his lone guard drew his weapon towards [member="Lady Kay"] and started to step forward.

Viktor turned standing back up.

"Stand down Captain."

The guard looked puzzled.

"But Sir she is.................and the Emperor............"

Viktor took a step between Lady Kay and his own guard.

"I said stand down." "This is not Balmorra and you will respect the house you currently stand in."

When the guard lowered his weapon Viktor turned to Lady Kay first.

"My apologies Senator it won't happen again."

He held a hand out to her with a soft smile.

"Viktor Alexander."

He then turned to [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] giving them both a smile.

"My apologies." "Of course reparations for my associates poor behavior will be made."

Kay-Larr

Issue with the Gungans? That caused her to raise a brow as she poured herself some tea. Was there still resistance? That was wonderful news to be sure. It meant that there was still a chance to turn things around.

Kay watched the interaction between [member="Viktor Alexander"] and his guard, taking mental notes. Yes, it was dangerous to come here, but it was an open invitation. And it wasn't as though she was here on a whim. She took Viktor's hand and gave it a soft but firm shake. "Pleasure." A polite smile was given, but there was no hiding the caution in her grey eyes. Her own guard kept a silent vigil nearby.

Even though this was a diplomatic meeting, Tmoxin felt a little more at ease with [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] beside her. She didn't know him, but given his countenance and taste in cigarras, she felt that the Chiss was an experienced officer. The Hapan executive was a Stormtrooper Commander once and had spent a bit of time with the One Sith forces, not to mention the Hapan Royal Navy even further back. She knew top brass when she saw it.

"Former Lieutenant?" she asked quizzically. "What's the reason for your retirement?"

Suddenly, there was a minor fuss over the Republic Senator. Tmoxin merely watched as Mr. Alexander handled his guards with ease. But anymore outbursts like that, and she may need to begin patting everyone down for weapons, so the droids, guards and other security could remain outside.

"Agreed," she said harshly to the Governor's guard. "This is a peaceful meeting. Information is being traded, not blaster fire."

The executive finally stood and gave Lady Kay the most formal greeting out of all of them, bowing at the waist and signaling for her to take a seat. "Welcome Senator Kay. I'm grateful you've come all this way for a meeting." Tmoxin was Hapan after all, and her matriarchal roots would always win out over cross-galaxy rules of etiquette. She waited until the Senator had finished pouring herself some tea, noting that she didn't require a servant's help. Reading the lady's face, she also noticed her surprise over Mr. Alexander's statement about the Gungan population.

"Is there a specific issue with the Gungans, Governor?"

In a way, Tmoxin was playing coy. Now that a Republican Senator was sitting at the table, she didn't want to admit there were likely Gungans, sitting in swampwater somewhere, gathered over rebellion plans. Today was all about public perception, and by the maker, the Techno Union was going to come out as clean and shiny as a Naboo Night Pearl.

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Viktor Alexander"]

He glanced around nervously, he finally set his gaze back on [member="Tmoxin Temi"]. "It was not a retirement. A court martial." He said with a sigh, slowly placing his cigar in a nearby ash tray. "However, I've been involved in several major battles and I am trained in swordsmanship, ma'am." He said with a nod, running his fingers along the shining steel blade of his saber, which was nestled firmly in a holster at his hip, along with a 12 inch barrel revolver, the hammer cocked back three pegs, nearly ready to fire if pulled back any further.

"Though I must admit...I'm very unimpressed and even slightly concerned with the security here. It is never a good idea to jumble a bunch of important people into a room with very minimal amount of security is a horrendous idea. I've been in situations like this." He said, running his finger along the large scar on the side of his face.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

[member="Lady Kay"]

Kay-Larr

[member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Kay was not at all surprised at the level of security. This was normal for political gatherings. Security was present to make all parties feel comfortable, but it wasn't wholly strict. None of them were being held prisoner while they were here, none of them were planning to fight, so there was no need for security to be extra tight. If anything, she just expected raised voices, maybe the slamming of fists on the table, but that was usually the extent of it in these types of meetings.

The Senator was used to being on her own in enemy territory, doing what other Senators wouldn't dream of doing. Perhaps she'll be arrested for treason, but she was here to save the planet of her birth, as well as it's people. Oppression and slavery were the things that she fought against the most and she was becoming well known for it.

Not surprisingly, Kay was the only one on Naboo's side so far. Maybe she'll be the only one? She sipped her tea as she observed the others before speaking up, addressing the Chiss officer. "I can assure you that a seasoned officer such as yourself has nothing to worry about with me. I didn't come here to fight. I came here to talk and negotiate, to help fix the wrongs that have happened here."

Did they know that she fought against the invasion, having taken down the Mythosaur before fleeing? That was made to be seen.

[member="Draco Vereen"]

[member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"]

Viktor smiled.

"Well were you not just on HNN talking about building schools, and hospitals amid a public outcry?" "Seems you have a PR problem."

He glanced over at Lady Kay before continuing to speak.

"Let's be frank in favor pragmatism." "I am an Imperial not Sith." "Where the Sith prefer to kill opposition I prefer to find a more middle ground."

He paused.

"You want to rebuild what was destroyed and in the process win a few hearts and minds while you are at it." "Simply I want to help." "The best part is it will cost you nothing in return."

First Senator Kay addressed the Chiss military officer. Perhaps because she and Kay were both powerful female figures, they cared less about their safety than a young, ingenue would. But nonetheless, Tmoxin turned to the Chiss officer and instead of chastizing him or silencing him, she looked carefully into his pupiless red eyes and said, "Why I absolutely agree with you. My head is in fifteen different places today, and security was not really on my mind." Had she gotten soft and complacent? Probably.

Tmoxin had been very lucky recently. Threats on her life were few and far between. So different was the time when she had a bounty on her head. The paranoia she felt on an hourly basis was acute and distracting.

"This is why I need someone like you. To help prep these kinds of situations. Although I would hope you will also see your share of battles serving the Security Defense Force of the Techno Union. But if you don't mind me asking, why were you court martialed, General?" The Hapan executive was more curious than judgemental. She had experienced her share of disciplinary action during her time as a Commander. But she did want to know.

She eyed Senator Kay, but Tmoxin hadn't completely studied the droid camera footage from the Gungan uprising. Therefore she was very unaware that Lady Kay had felled a Mythosaur, although she probably would have been impressed at this feat, having ridden in one of the giant mechanicals before.

Finally, Tmoxin's attention turned back towards Mr. Alexander, interest lighting up her softly freckled face. "Help with this situation is more than welcome. I'm all ears, Governor."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"]

Sighing, he faced the woman, shaking his head. "Disobeying orders from superiors and defying the Non-Aggresion act." He said with a sigh, shaking his head. "If you'll excuse me..." The Chiss said, rising from his seat. Giving a nod to everyone in the room, he cleared his throat. "Allow me to...examine the current state of security, ma'am." He whispered, bowing slightly. Adjusting the collar of his uniform once again, he slowly took a step over to the exit, pulling open the doors and stepping out into the hallway.

[member="Tmoxin Temi"]

[member="Lady Kay"]

As soon as [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] opened the doors, he would find a rather large and imposing man on the other side of the door. Rex was about to pull the door open when it opened by itself to reveal a short Chiss. His eyes narrowed at the man who stood in the doorway and his way. " 'Scuse me." He mumbled as he tried to move past him. If he was allowed to pass, he would look for [member="Lady Kay"] and walk over to her.

He cast his gaze around the room, looking from one person to the next ([member="Tmoxin Temi"] & [member="Viktor Alexander"]). Security and politicians were there as expected. He was only armed with two concealed heavy blaster pistols. Other than that, his hands could handle most situations if anything escalated past pimp slapping and table flipping. He reached Kay and her guard and said quietly to her and her guard, "Thanks for filling in, Hans. I'm sorry I'm late, Lady Kay. It won't happen again. I've got this Hans. You can go back."

When Hans left, he took up position behind Lady Kay and scanned the environment. It would make the rest of the meeting boring, but he needed to take it all in now instead of later for security reasons.

Kay-Larr

Kay sipped her tea as she listened, getting a better idea of the situation with each growing moment. So they wish to pretend that all was well for the rest of the Galaxy when it clearly wasn't? Not everyone would agree with this hostile takeover of a peaceful world. In a way, it was almost a cowardly act, if not a bullish one. But she'd keep that thought to herself. For now.

As [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] spoke of disobeying orders, she thought on everything that she's done that could be construed in the same way. But at least she would accomplish her goal with the least amount of deaths possible. Her real competition right now was [member="Tmoxin Temi"] and [member="Viktor Alexander"] . At least for the moment.

And then [member="Rex Power Colt"] arrived, dismissing her other guard. She spoke quietly to him, "It's alright. Thank you for coming so quickly." Having him there made her feel more comfortable. He had both the brawn and the brains when it came to strategic operations.

Instead of voicing her objections right away, Kay instead waited on what Viktor had to say.

[member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Tmoxin Temi"] [member="Rex Power Colt"]

Viktor smiled.

"Simple." "Give them what they want." "Or least what you want them to want." "Building them schools, build them hospitals, heck building them a temple to what ever or whom ever they pray too."

He paused with a smile.

"Maybe even find the most influential one of their society and and appoint them to some sort of advisory position." "Make them feel like they have input in what happens to their planet." "I not saying give them a say.............unless you want to.............but make them feel like they have a say."

He chuckled.

"After all you are not us and it could be much much worse for them than being under an economic and technological power."

As her eyes carefully followed Senator Kay's bodyguard as he took his place behind her. She thought she heard him say his name was Hans. Then the Hapan executive listened to the Governor of Balmorra's proposals.

"You are not us, Governor. Why that's an interesting statement to make. Are you originally from Naboo?"

So quiet was the Republic Senator! Weren't politicians always debating and filibustering and enjoying the sound of their own voices? She peered at Lady Kay, studying the woman. She was the ideal picture of a poised, calm diplomat. Tmoxin was a envious and fascinated at the same time.

"Back on my home world of Hapes, the female politicians... well that's the only kind there are... but they also do most of the talking. Therefore, I'm very eager to hear what Senator Kay has to say on these matters."

[member="Lady Kay"] [member="Viktor Alexander"] [member="Gravi'gor'attaque"] [member="Rex Power Colt"]

Kay-Larr

Kay listened to [member="Viktor Alexander"], not quite liking what she was hearing. Of course the whole situation on Naboo was not to her liking. And Viktor's ideas for fixing it were all wrong in her opinion. But then again, she was never fond of oppression.

When [member="Tmoxin Temi"] asked for what she had to say, she sipped her tea before speaking, doing her very best to keep her emotions in check. "Well, first off, what the Techno Union have done on Naboo was not only unjustified, but it was completely unnecessary. There was no need for a hostile takeover of a peaceful planet. Alliances between governments can take place a lot easier, cheaper and better over dinner, rather than a full scale invasion that only proves how much fear the Techno Union has over the people and armies of Naboo. What was done here was nothing more than playground posturing. Yes, you should rebuild, but not out of some falsehood of peace. You should do it out of asking for forgiveness for the wrongs that you've done to them. Give back everything you've stolen from them. That would earn you a more proper respect and co-operation than anything else would. Naboo is home to very proud people that value their freedom and peace. They will always rebel against those that take it from them."

The Lady asked for her to speak her mind, and so she did. But she held back. Even then she didn't expect some to like what she had to say. So she was quite glad to have [member="Rex Power Colt"] with her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom