Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fancy Footwork

MOSHED-2022-8-22-21-2-43.jpg

Fancy Footwork
Coruscant, Jedi Temple
Tags: Braze Braze

Loomi_divider.png

Loomi had grow rather fond of sleeping in the gardens. She didn't mind the ground, and the grass smelled pleasant. It lulled her into slumber pretty easily, almost making her think she wasn't even on Coruscant. Unfortunately, this seemed to come with some drawbacks. The Godoan was unfamiliar with how to handle younger children, as she had interacted with none during her youth, or at least she couldn't remember if she had or not. To that end she found it rather difficult to tell them off or fend off pranks, which only seemed to get worse. Another stress to add to her already scattered mental state. Now all of that had reached it's peak. The teen woke in the gardens to find herself unable to stand, the artificial pain receptors in her legs seemingly going dead. They were, in fact, not dead.

They were gone. Someone had taken her legs.

She laid in the grass paralyzed by embarrassment for a moment. What if anybody saw her? She'd surely get laughed at. Loomi considered hiding and calling one of her friends, but she didn't want to bother anyone. Instead she resolved to set off and find her prosthetics herself. It did not take long for her to miss the ease of mechanical legs, as she quickly grew tired using her hands to drag herself across the halls of the temple. Fortunately it was still rather early, and nobody seemed to be out and about just yet. It would at least save her the stress of prying eyes while she searched.

It seemed impossible though. She was good at sensing vibrations through the force, but she was incapable of discerning one solid object from another. Adding on the slow pace brought about by lying on her stomach as she dragged herself along and it was seeming to be impossible. Maybe it was in her best interest to simply return to her room and wait for the temple to wake. Getting a master from her room would at least be less embarrassing than being found by one out here, or even worse another padawan.

The internal debate slowed her down even more so. She was making no progress. Hopefully she could just get back to her room unnoticed.

wb1.png
TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze had been given extra chores to keep his idle hands busy after his recent [Troubles on Level 3126]. Being up extra early in the morning to help attend to the gardens was one particular task he'd been given that he didn't much find enjoyment in. He still had to sweep the entry gather the raked leaves, and pull weeds in the southern corners. It was tedious boring and lackluster work meant to give him time to think about his actions and keep him busy. He was currently attending to a tree branch that had broken off and fallen into one of the water features and was dragging it across a path when he paused seeing something else dragging itself across the grass.

That was odd... it looked kind of like a person... IT WAS A PERSON! Once the horror and shock and realization played out across the white-haired youth he came to terms and realized she was not in fact a zombie looking to devour the flesh of the living, but in fact, a girl who was hand-capped and someone had very obviously stolen her prosthetics. Normally Braze might have bubbled over with laughter at such a realization or the absurdity of someone having actually stolen her limbs but he was in a very different and sullen mood as of late and feeling down and out about what had happened and blamed himself for it too. So seeing a girl who was rather helpless like that didn't garner such a reaction this time. Or at least it softened his approach. He dropped what he was doing and padded over to her to get a better look at the girl.

"Lose something important there Miss?"
Braze asked which for him was a rather neutral approach. He was still juvenile and immature to some degree and he did find it a little bit funny if a bit sorrowful and something to be pitied. "Maybe it was your shoes you misplaced ~?" He asked feigning ignorance of the clear problem but was tangentially pointing to such an obvious problem with his comment. His tone had some minor bit of mirth to it.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Lose something important there Miss?"

"EEEP!"

Loomi practically jumped, which was impressive given her lack of legs. She turned to see a newcomer, a boy with white hair. Before long her yellow skinned face was bright red, overcome with embarrassment. The Godoan was sure that in any moment her soul would simply leave her body. To her relief, or maybe her dismay, it didn't happen.

But now that she could focus on his words, she was overcome with frustration.

"What do you think?!" she snapped, but pretty quickly a look of regret came over her face. She didn't like being angry. "Golly, I-I'm sorry. I didn't mean to lash out."

The teen sighed, curling up as best she could with no knees, hiding her face in her arms. She wasn't doing this today.

"C-can you just leave me be, please?" the girl pleaded. "I'm already having a bad day..."

wb1.png
TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

The snowy-haired miscreant snickered briefly and covered his mouth to obscure it and tried to not let any sounds escape in an attempt to regain composure after hearing that squeal. He tried to cough to make his voice less giggle filled trying very hard to at least seem marginally decent as he spoke up. " What... what exactly happened to bring you to... such uh.. predicament?" He asked and set aside what garden tools and apron he had moving closer to her still rather than 'going away'.

" Perhaps you might like to sit at a bench instead of crawling across the grass like a slug. Do you want me to help you to a bench? If I leave you here the gardeners might 'a-salt' you~" Braze asked unable to keep from the terrible pun made at her expense. As was typical he hadn't bothered with good manners and hadn't introduced himself as of yet. He was perhaps trying to use humor to make her feel better but that most likely wasn't the best option for him to approach her with it's the one he knew best and the one he chose.

He was subject to a very long lecture recently about actually doing the right things and this seemed like a chance to legitimately help someone out who needed help. The kind of help he could actually provide. Sure it wasn't some grand exploit but did it need to be?

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

" Perhaps you might like to sit at a bench instead of crawling across the grass like a slug. Do you want me to help you to a bench? If I leave you here the gardeners might 'a-salt' you~"

The strangest thing happened. That was a terrible joke, the worst even, but Loomi's body seemed to rebel against her. A smile formed on her face, and she even let out a slight chuckle. She rolled onto her back, doing her best to sit up.

"I prefer the grass," she insisted. "It's more comfortable. Th-thank you, though."

She was still a bit flustered, but that was more so just her own awkwardness. Loomi wasn't that great at interaction, or she was at least not very experienced with it. The boy didn't seem malicious, more so just a bit socially tone-deaf. He was at least asking what had happened, which could suggest some concern.

"I'm not sure what happened," the Godoan sighed. "I was sleeping out here with no problems before... I guess some younglings snuck out after curfew and took them..."

Loomi frowned, cocking her head a little. Had she given her name? Her face went red again.

"Golly, I-I didn't give my name," she noted with a nervous smile. "Sorry. I'm Loomi."

wb1.png
TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze smiled at her and moved to kneel down coming to her height, and allowed his cool, pale jade green gaze to meet hers. "I'm going to assume you took them off to take a nap because it's probably more comfortable for you." He stated thinking perhaps it would be a step too far for anyone to sneak up on someone sleeping and un-attach their prosthetic limbs.

"Nice to meet you- I'm Braze. And I'm going to go find your legs and everything is going to be right as rain. " Braze commented in a rather confident manner.
"They couldn't have gone tooooo terribly far off. If it were me... I mean not that it was. " He awkwardly back peddled not wishing to reveal he was the kinda jerk to bully others in similar ways.

" I wouldn't have hidden them. I would have put them somewhere public and hard to reach. Perhaps you can tell me what color they were? Did they match your lovely yellow skin or were they a material tone?"
Braze asked if he needed to know what they looked like- and did he just say she had lovely skin? He reached out a hand and without asking pushed some of her hair out of her face gently so brushing her finger close so he could get a better look at her. "Yellow is a pretty easy-to-see color~" He added in. What was this? Was Braze actually being kind to another peer?

Last edited:

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"I... didn't know they came off," Loomi admitted. "I'd never tried it before."

They didn't cause her discomfort really, so why would she need to take them off? They were, as far as she could tell, waterproof as well, and the material was quite resistant to rusting. It was for that reason she hadn't attempted to take them off before, but now that she was thinking about it she felt rather silly.

But then this Braze guy said something that derailed her train of though. Lovely? Her? Nobody had ever said that before. How could anyone when they saw the ugly mark on her face? Loomi's face flushed red when the other padawan brushed away her hair, quickly turning away.

"Th-that isn't necessary," she rebuked, crossing her arms in an attempt to come off as more stern. "C-cut it out with the weird talk, alright."

Loomi sat in silence for a moment before continuing to speak, collecting herself again.

"They're grey... durasteel, more droid like," the Godoan finally stated. "They have two toe-things and square kneepads. I think they'll probably stand out against the flat white halls."

wb1.png
TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze chuckled hearing when she said she didn't know they came off. He couldn't fathom how a person wouldn't know if their replacement body parts came off or not. "You didn't KNOW?" He was still in disbelief. " Well, that's okay. I hope we can figure out how to put them back on. " He didn't seem to mind her scars- he had a few himself though they were minor little marks all over mostly from picking fights when he shouldn't. "Alrighty, Little Lady-Bug. " Braze started. "You sit right there and I'll go do a few rounds and see if I can find them. Maybe in the future try putting trackers in each one though ~?" He teased and winked at her going so far as to reach out and ruffle her hair and muss it up. He was at least very careful not to bump her antenna. He didn't know how sensitive they might have been. " You sit tight and I'll be back in no time. That is unless you wanna come with me to help me look. I could carry you I suppose. Either is fine with me. " He certainly could chatter quite a bit. He did at least offer her the opportunity to come with him or stay seated in the grass.

Last edited:

Loomi_divider.png

"You didn't KNOW?"

"Yeah," Loomi frowned. "I didn't choose to... Wh-whatever. It's none of you're business."

Now she did feel bad about laughing at his terrible joke. This guy was rude in a way she didn't even know was possible. The Godoan was very quick to swat away his hand when he went to ruffle her hair, giving a scowl.

"Alright, listen here, guy," she snapped suddenly. "I'll let you carry me, since you really have no clue what you're looking for, but I don't wanna be treated like a youngling, you hear me? If you can't talk to me normally or leave my hair alone, I don't want your help."

Loomi pouted, crossing her arms and turning away. She hated raising her voice, or being rude for that matter. That much was clear, as even in that rather snappy exchange her tone was very much not commanding. Still, Loomi wanted to be treated like she was mature, that she had a voice that could be heard. Too often in her life that hadn't been the case. The teen didn't want to be talked down to, not anymore.

"Can you do that?"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze was mildly surprised by the backlash he got from her and actually offered an apology. " Okay, okay, I'm sorry. " He chirped trying to make his tone devoid of the previous mirth it held. He patted his chest harshly and briefly to help subdue any further giggles that threatened to escape. Clearly she didn't appreciate being teased or laughed at, and continuing that venue of behavior wouldn't get him any closer to helping her.

"Good job on asserting yourself. "
Braze added before moving to settle closer to her with out touching her at the moment. It seemed she had established some boundaries. " I can do that. Do you want me to carry you on my back -- or..." He trailed uncertain if how he offered to carry her would offend her or not. "Like a princess?" Braze asked. Braze didn't understand how to interact with girls very well. No no no thsi was teh complicated dance of social behavior. Boys he just stuck to rough housing with and who ever was stronge rin his world had to be teh one who was right. You couldn't treat girls that way- or at least that's how Braze viewed things. Plus you often got in mor etrouble when you annoyed a girl so he tended to avoid them since it was always much more complicated to have a girl peer as a 'play mate'.​

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"What does that even mean?"

Loomi cocked her head in confusion. Carry her like a princess? Did people regularly carry princesses? Maybe she didn't want to know the answer to that. It was probably weird, and even more confusing to the Godoan.

"Just... give me a moment..." Loomi sighed, scanning the surrounding area.

What was nearby... It wasn't long before her eyes landed on the apron that Braze had set down, which he seemed to have for gardening. He didn't seem the gardening type. Regardless, Loomi got to work, weaving the apron into something that much more resembled a backpack. She drew strands from the force, holding some threads in her mouth as she worked. Before long, something that could reasonably support her notably reduced weight without tearing had been created.

"Alright, this should work," she sighed. "Don't freak out about your apron, this is temporary. I can unweave it when we find my legs. Just... lets make this quick."

She didn't need any more embarrassment today.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png
Braze was mystified by what he saw her do and was stunned briefly in to silence. That momentary blessing did not last however. He opened his mouth to say something and ask why she basically made a baby's sling if she didn't want to be treated like a young-ling but fortunately this-time he thought better of it instead of promptly putting his boot in his mouth closed it looking very much like he wanted to say something. He did this a few more times before finally breaking his silence.

"Alright. That was pretty cool. " Braze had to admit his marvel. He moved to fasten it in place and help her up in to it to pick her up. He adjusted to the extra weight with relative ease doing one of his normal tricks to embolden his own strength with the force. She was as light as a feather to him now.

"Does this mean you're a Lady Spider and not a Lady Bug, Loomi~?"
He opened his mouth to ask un able to contain those words despite his desperate attempts.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"I'm not a bug, I'm Godoan," Loomi frowned.

She was warm blooded just like he was. Did she really seem that different? Loomi had been compared to an insect before though that wasn't a very good memory. She certainly didn't enjoy remembering that one.

It didn't matter. Loomi shifted herself to a less awkward position on Braze's back, holding on to the back of the shoulder straps she had woven into the makeshift bag. It was still embarrassing, but less so than she imagined a 'princess' carry would be, whatever that meant. The Godoan found that most people she met were quite pleasant, but she was now beginning to wonder if she'd been spoiled by meeting all the best people first. She couldn't exactly avoid Braze after this. They were both padawans after all.

"Let's just get this over with," she sighed. "I'd very much like my legs back."

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze listened attentively, absorbing the unfamiliar name. "A Godoan," he repeated softly, savoring the exotic sound of it on his lips. "I haven't encountered one of your kind before. You're my first Godoan," he exclaimed with a mix of curiosity and genuine interest. Cradling her on his back, he felt a sense of responsibility, as if he had been entrusted with something precious.

As they ventured through the gardens, Braze moved with a gentle stride, his steps purposeful yet careful. He surveyed their surroundings, taking in the vibrant colors and scents that enveloped them. With an air of confidence, he carried her, mindful of her limited mobility. "It's alright. We'll find them soon, I'm certain," he reassured her, his voice filled with empathy. "I can only imagine how challenging it must be, unable to freely explore. Being confined within the temple walls all day is already stifling, so I empathize with your situation."

A blend of maturity and genuine concern colored his words, reflecting a depth of understanding beyond his years. Braze continued to scan the area, his eyes scanning the landscape for any signs of the missing prosthetics she had described earlier. His determination mingled with a touch of polite manners, his intentions clear in wanting to assist her in any way he could. Carrying her weight seemed effortless, as though it was a natural extension of his desire to be of help.

Together, they forged ahead, Braze remaining resolute in his commitment to aid Lady Loomi, even as his heart fluttered with a growing fondness for this sweet, intriguing Godoan girl.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"I haven't encountered one of your kind before. You're my first Godoan,"

Loomi's face flushed red at those words. They shouldn't have been that odd, right? Godoans were not very common after all, and aside from their home world of Godo or the more recently established Ord Providence they weren't very likely to be seen every day. Something was different though, an intrigue in his tone that seemed like more than just curiosity. Loomi, of course, didn't know how to process what any of that meant. She had no social skills and had never been spoken to in such a tone, so how could she know what it was supposed to imply?

So she just decided to ignore it. She didn't want to look stupid. He talked about being cooped up in the temple like it was similar to her current situation... which could be true from a certain point of view she supposed. It was an attempt to be empathetic, which was a step in the right direction considering the other things he had said.

He still had legs though.

"Thanks..." she muttered, still flush red. "I guess."

Why was this so weird? No- Why was he so weird? Loomi wasn't experienced enough with interaction to ponder such a thing, and she couldn't for long. A glint of movement in the distance. A young Mirialan boy, maybe nine or ten, bounded around the corner and immediately froze. Her singular good eye narrowed in on what the child had clutched in his hands. It was one of her legs. Before she could say anything the youngling had turned tail and scrambled out of the gardens and into the halls of the Temple.

"AH, GO!" Loomi shouted in a panic. "Before he get's away!"

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze's eyes widened as he registered the urgency in Lady Loomi's voice. The sudden turn of events caught him off guard, and he swiftly adjusted his grip on her, preparing to move with agility. "Hold on tight," he urged, determination etching into his features. In an instant, his feet propelled him into action, his strides quick and purposeful.

The young Mirialan boy had a head start, and Braze knew he had to act swiftly to catch up. With each step, his heart pounded with a mix of adrenaline and concern for Loomi's missing prosthetic. The hallways of the temple became a blur as they dashed forward, weaving through the corridors in pursuit of the fleeing child.

Braze's mind raced, analyzing the possible paths the boy could have taken. He relied on his instincts, honed through his own misadventures and escapades, as he navigated the labyrinthine structure. Thoughts of his own encounters with trouble and the thrill of the chase coursed through his veins, fueling his determination.

"Stay close, Lady Loomi," Braze called out, his voice steady but laced with urgency. "We'll catch him and retrieve your leg, I promise!" With each passing second, his determination to assist her grew, fueled by a desire to prove his worth and ensure her safety.

As they rounded a corner, Braze caught sight of the young Mirialan disappearing into a room at the end of the hallway. Without hesitation, he picked up his pace, his determination solidifying into a resolute focus. He knew he had to act quickly before the boy could escape with Loomi's precious limb.
The chase was on, and Braze's youthful energy and determination propelled him forward, ready to face whatever obstacles stood in his way. He had a mission to fulfill, and he wouldn't rest until Lady Loomi's prosthetic was safely back in her possession.

"Hey! Get back here! Hey, wait up!"
Braze called out, his voice echoing through the halls. "Stop right there! Give back Lady Loomi's leg!" His words carried a mix of authority and urgency, the weight of the situation evident in his tone. Braze's voice cut through the air, hoping to catch the boy's attention and compel him to halt his escape.

Braze had no qualms with being intrusive loud or demanding and he was on the hunt! He didn't think twice about maybe not drawing attention to them- hell he didn't even think about that once!

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

This was terrible. All of this was terrible. How was she supposed to attend classes after all of this if anyone saw her? Loomi already had so much she was trying to deal with, but if things weren't resolved quickly she'd be known as the girl who got carried by a loud weirdo chasing after children who stole her legs.

She was on the verge of a panic attack.

"P-please stop shouting," she begged. "I... uhg, give me a minute."

They weren't far behind the youngling now. Loomi acted quick, drawing nearby objects to her with the force. Nothing complex, just a book and one of the shovels from near the entry of the gardens. She quickly wove a thread between the two before throwing a makeshift sling trap, which she guided to wrap around the youngling's legs. Just to be safe when the boy toppled, the Godoan reached out to grab him with the force, at least to slow his decent.

"Golly," Loomi sighed, "I'm gonna have a heart attack."

It was all so awful. She couldn't handle any more of this. All they needed to do was get her leg and ask the child where the other one was. Then she could go shut herself off in her room and cry.

She could only pray nothing got worse.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png
Braze's voice echoed with enthusiasm as he praised Loomi's successful capture. "Great job, Loomi. You caught him!" he exclaimed, his excitement palpable in his words.

Approaching the captive youth, Braze moved swiftly, reaching out and swiftly plucking him up by the back of his robes. His grip was firm, yet not overly aggressive, displaying a sense of authority.

With a rough tone, Braze interrogated the captured youth, his voice carrying a hint of impatience. "Alright, little runt. What happened to the other one?" he demanded, his words laden with a sense of urgency.

Noticing the young woman's entangled leg, Braze acted with a surprising tenderness. He gently pried her leg free from the grasp, carefully maneuvering to avoid causing any further discomfort. Taking a step back, he offered the released leg to Loomi, as if understanding the importance of attending to both individuals he was carrying at this time.

Once the leg was safely placed, Braze set the captured youth down on the ground.

Coruscant, Jedi Temple

Loomi_divider.png

"Alright, little runt. What happened to the other one?"

"Don't call me runt," the boy pouted, crossing his arms. "I'm large."

Loomi sighed, palming her face. That didn't mean anything.

"I'm not telling," he added. "Snitches get stitches. S-so you and your stupid girlfriend can shove it!"

That was it. Loomi was tired of this. She wrenched herself out of the bag, falling onto the ground and attaching her leg. It was surprisingly easy to get back on, explaining the ease in which it had been stolen. There seemed to be a mechanical lock that was pre-programed to activate when the leg was returned to the main socket. She stood, wobbling on one leg before hobbling over to loom over the child.

"Don't call me that!" she snapped. "I don't care about whatever this game is! I just wanna be left alone!"

The boy flinched, causing Loomi to shudder. Fear. He was afraid. All she could see was herself, tattered and bruised as silhouettes of her abusers looked down on her, brandishing weapons. She dropped to a sitting position, bursting into tears.

"I-I'm sorry," she apologized. "I-I didn't mean to. I-I just... I-I'm tired. Everyone talks to me like I'm weird... S-some kind of monster. I just want my leg back... then I wanna go home."

"S-sorry," the Mirialan child apologized, hanging his head. "I-its under the training mat in the sparring hall. I... I'll tell my friends to leave you be, miss."

With that the youngling scrambled off, leaving Loomi and Braze alone again. Loomi was done. She laid down and curled up, now crying profusely. She was so exhausted.

"A-are you gonna laugh at me?" the Godoan asked in a muttered tone. "Or call me something weird again?"

All of this had been so terrible. She had been so eager to try and make friends when she had arrived, but everything she did only ever caused more problems. Maybe she should just give up.

wb1.png

TAGS:
Loomi Loomi
alexboarder.png

Braze awkwardly shifted from foot to foot, unsure of how to comfort Loomi in her vulnerable state. His heart ached as he listened to her tearful apology, and he desperately wanted to make things better for her.

"I-I won't laugh at you," he stammered, his voice soft and hesitant. "And I won't call you anything weird, I promise. I know how it feels to be different... to not belong..."

He reached out a hand tentatively, as if unsure if he should touch her. "You're not a monster, Loomi. You're... just a cute girl, with a sweet personality. And last I checked that's not anything like a monster."

Braze's cheeks flushed, realizing how awkward his words sounded. He didn't have the smoothness or confidence of some of the other kids, and he worried that his attempt at comfort only made things worse. But he genuinely wanted Loomi to feel better, to know that she wasn't alone.

He continued, his voice softer now. "Its okay. You're going to be okay.... everything is going to be okay....Let's go get your other leg. "

Braze's awkwardness melted away as he mustered a smile to her. Braze moved to draw her close and scooped her up in to his arms sweeping her off her one foot in a princess carry.

Braze started to talk perhaps in an attempt to ease her mind as he spoke in an anecdotal manner.

"Ya know I used to be a baker before I came to the temple..."
he trailed as he made his way to where her other leg would be.

" I had to quit that path in life because I just couldn't make enough dough." He paused briefly and set her down on a bench the fetch her other leg.

" Talk about a chrome situation am I right?" He asked as he offered her the other prosthetic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom