Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family is more than blood (ask for invite)

The Ordo Farm
Mandalore

The farmhouse
Rianna was still trying to remember where everything was in the kitchen, having had to move a few things around showing a woman's touch. Course a woman's touch was needed throughout but she had not time to complete what she wanted. Her time being split as it was between three worlds, one thing Rianna knew already she would not be able to keep this schedule up.

Today however there was a different task, she was trying to connect with the daughters that she became parent to when she married Ord'ika. Jasper. She wasn't sure which name she wanted to call him these days. But how to connect to these grown women, Rianna had no children of her own and she wasn't sure if she and Ord'ika could have children together

But one thing she could do, she knew how to make tea, even though there was also black ale in the house which might have to find its way out if the tea did not go well. Rianna said a little prayer.

@[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Evi Sohl"]

Muttering under her breath, Anija tried to gently pull a brush through her short hair. It wasn't an easy task, and she found herself cursing. She'd not given in and had her hair cut properly yet.. .and she didn't much care right now. She would eventually. Buir didn't care, and hopefully, her adoptive mother wouldn't either. Since she was home, she didn't see the need to wear armor... And honestly, she wasn't at all sure if she'd earned it yet. By her own estimation, she still had a long ways to go.

Shaking her head at herself, she sighed and finally managed to brush the tangles out of her hair. With that accomplished, she brushed it smooth and dressed in a pair or dark pants and a purple shirt, a weapons belt at her waist. She could dress casual, but she wasn't about to go without a weapon. Buir taught her that. She smoothed her shirt and then made her way downstairs to where @[member="Rianna Organa"] was.

Rianna could hear the sound of footfall as they crossed the floor above her, this was awkward Rianna knew that mandalorians adopted all ages. But now Rianna was wife to the clan leader, and she felt it was her responsibility to try and get to know those that Jasper called his children.

Rianna kept her hair pulled back at the nape of her neck, her clothing was a simple blue shift, it allowed her freedom of movement, her lightsaber was a call away not that she felt unsafe but it was an extension of her, and would never be far from her.

She looked over toward the stairs where Anija was coming down, "So, tea, is rather strong, do you want something in it? like sugar, milk" something Rianna thought, and the she smiled at Anija.

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

For a moment, Anija frowned as she thought about it. She was more used to behot than normal tea. "I'll have a little sugar and milk in it, vor'e.." she said quietly as she sat down across from Rianna and ran her fingers through her hair. She still felt... a bit out of place, she supposed after a moment's thought. She rarely wore armor right now. And mostly because she felt she hadn't quite earned it. Maybe that was something to discuss with Ordo. Pulling her attention back to the present, she looked up at @[member="Rianna Organa"] and smiled. "Ceta, was just thinking for a moment."
@[member="E'vi Sohl"]

@[member="Anija Ordo"]| @[member="Evi Sohl"]

"Not a problem, Ord'ika often has those moments, so many things that raise concern. Is it something I can listen to, even if I cannot help?" Rianna poured and set the sugar and milk before Anija, picking up the sugar, "how much?" Some liked a lot some liked a little, Rianna drank hers without both.

@[member="Rianna Organa"]
At Rianna's words, she sighed. "It's hard to explain. I don't know how much buir has told you about me, or my history. But long story short is there are times I still feel... olut of place. Like I haven't earned my 'gam... or that I don't belong. I can't explain it..."

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Rianna considered her words, "it often takes time to forget the scars of the past, or to see where one fits." Rianna slowly sat down, looking across at Anija studying her blue eyes, the intent of her gaze, the emotions that she tried to hide so well that softly filtered to Rianna.

"There are probably not many words I can say that would ease your feelings, but from what I have been told you are quite capable, quite talented, you need only to believe in yourself. Your Clan already accepts you without worry or fear of past, what matters is now, today. It may not be the comfort I would like it to be to you, but know this as part of this clan wherever I am, you have home too, no matter what. And you gam, there will be plenty of opportunity to earn it" Rianna offered a small smile hoping the words helped in some way some how.

Anija frowned, and absently turnd her teacup around in her hand. "You're right, I suppose. It's hard to accept it sometimes. Buir... put everything on the line when he took me in. I forget that." She smiled slightly then. "Though, I'm thankful he did. For I might not be here otherwise." She reached across the table to grip Rianna's hand. "And thank you for that. I mean that."

Rianna nodded, "He's like that, big hearted, wants to help where he can, he wants to protect us all" Rianna smiled at the thought, yes he was many things. "So Anija, I'm a bit nervous about all of this" Rianna squeezed her hand back.

"I um well not sure what is expected completely, so got any tips?"

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Chuckling lightly, Anija shook her head slightly. "Tips.. well. I don't know where to start, really. Being Mandalorian is about standing up for honor... and what's right. Mandalorian honor is something not too many understand, and it's up to personal interpretation, really. But, the short version is that... being a Mandalorian isn't all about wars. It's about family... protecting and providing for those you consider family... and standing up for those who can't do so. Doing the right thing, no matter the cost.." She sighed. "It's... complex. But if you hold to the Resol'nare.... it helps."

@[member="Anija Ordo"]

Rianna thought for a moment, "HMM I think that may be something I am to work on. I don't follow Resol'nare." Something she and Ordo had no discussed at length, they had discussed what and how they would balance their lives, but how much of her was to be Mandalorian, in order to honor him.

Just as he bore the burden of being a member of House Organa, yes Rianna laughed some things were different for them. "Honor is something I understand, if we do not have honor how do we face the galaxy?"

Anija frowned slightly as she thought about it. So many people went about their lives, only concerned with their own welfare. But Ordo and Rianna always tried to help where they could. A smile touched her lips as she remembered what he had done when they'd first met all those years ago. "Aye..." She said softly, still gripping Rianna's hand. "Honor is very important to me ... And to buir. I know you come from a different background. Perhaps there is some common ground when it comes to the, subject of honor."

@[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Ordo"]

"I hope so. My family holds honor highly. We take care of the people on the lands, we make decisions that are best for everyone not just House Organa. I can remember my father saying that being noble born did not make us noble, it was our actions that defined us."

Rianna smiled squeezing Anija hand, "I hope your sisters and brothers understand too, I had hoped that they would come. Perhaps later, perhaps Ord'ika will surprise us too"

@[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Evi Sohl"]

Ordo tossed a heavy long handled axe over his shoulder as he got ready to go inside. His black bandana that wore under his helmet was wet with sweat and he reached up and pulled it off. His short military cut brown hair glistened in the light as he walked to the front door and set the axe down.

Hr kicked his boots against the door post lightly to get off any stray mud before he went inside. He wondered where everyone was as he headed toward the kitchen. He opened the door to see Rianna and Anija sitting and talking over tea.

"Well," he said as he walked in and eyed the two women, "am I in trouble yet?"

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

Anija smiled as she heard Ordo's familiar footsteps in the hallway leading to the kitchen. She kept her grip on Rianna's hand and then turned to grin over her shoulder at Ordo. "Nayc.... unless you've tracked mud into the house, buir.." she replied with a grin before she got up and went to hug him briefly. "Was wondering where you'd gotten to." she told him after a moment before she pressed a mug of caf into his hand with a smile.

Evi Sohl

E
She was late.

The young woman sighed as she parked the small speeder outside of the farmhouse, fingers running absently through her raven locks. Not only late, E'vi mused, but also nervous. Not about tea...well, alright, about the tea. But mostly about spending time with Rianna, whom she had barely met before the wedding celebration. One thing had led to another and she'd been spending most of her time in the city with Emberli while Cade was happily shuttled back and forth. In spite of her nerves, she found it easy to smile. Damn Bear had that effect on her...among others.

Hopping out, she strode up to the door and knocked as she entered. "Su'cuy...where is everyone?" she called out, hearing voices from the direction of the kitchen. Striding in that direction, she paused briefly to check her reflection and smooth out her tunic, ensuring that she looked presentable - which, when one considered she had a three year old tornado at home, was a minor miracle.

E'vi's smile brightened as she stepped into the kitchen, finding the warmth Rianna had added to it a most welcome touch. The woman herself was there, as well as Anija and even Ordo, who looked as if he'd been working outside. "I'm sorry I'm late...but in my defense, I have a crazy three year old to deal with..." her expression turned sheepish for a brief moment as she strode forward.

@[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Ordo"]

@[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Evi Sohl"]

"You're not late if you make it ad'ika." Ordo said as he accepted the caff with a grin. He walked over to Evi and gave her a hug before finding his chair and plopping down comfortably.

@[member="Ordo"] @[member="E'vi Sohl"] @[member="Rianna Organa"]

Anija laughed lightly at E'vi's statement and then grunted as she moved over to hug the young woman. "At least you're here." She said before passing E'vi a cup of tea as well. "Have a seat. Rianna and I were just discussing the concept of mandalorian honor, among other things." She sighed softly, not entirely sure how Ordo would respond if she told him that she still felt she hadn't earned her armor, even after all these years.

@[member="Evi Sohl"] @[member="Anija Ordo"] @[member="Ordo"]

Rianna heard the heavy footsteps of Ordo on the porch, she could feel his presence she would always know when he was near she would memorize the sensations of Evi, and Anija as well to always know when they were near too. She smiled at them all being here it was a comfort, a sensation of well being. Rianna looked to Evi, "Oh don't worry about it, the fact that you're here now is all that matters"

It was good, "yes a talk of honor, and what it means to us, what are your thoughts?" Rianna walked over and put a hand on Ord'ika shoulder he had been outside working for sometime. He was a hard worker no matter what.

Evi Sohl

E
[member="Ordo"] ~ [member="Anija Ordo"] ~ [member="Rianna Organa"]

Real warmth came to E'vi's features, the way it seldom did around anyone outside of their clan. She hugged the mountain that was Ordo, feeling particularly tiny beside him, absently swatting at his hand as he tried to ruffle her already mussed hair. Another hug was spared for her sister Anija, whom she'd not had the time to spend with as she would have wished to. That, she made a mental note, would have to be remedied, and soon. She was lacking in friends and family back on Socorro, so here she would treasure those that she had and keep them as best she could.

She smiled softly and dipped her head by way of greeting to each of them, gratefully accepting their warm words and the tea, taking a sip as she found herself a seat. Crimson eyes widened slightly at the choice of conversational topic, but E'vi wasn't one to shy away from such questions. Especially one so important and even integral to Mandalorian life and culture.

Her voice emerged softly, after a moment or three of thought and another sip of tea. "For me, it always came down to striving to do the right thing. Growing up in a place like Socorro was a challenge, to say the least. There were always ten ways to make a wrong choice, and only one insanely difficult way to make the right one. I learned that the hard way." she frowned as she paused, sipping the tea and giving the matter a bit more thought. It was a narrow interpretation, certainly, but the only one she had.

"My idea of it has admittedly changed within the last few months since I've been here. It's not just doing the right thing anymore...it's doing the right thing for the right reason. Being mindful of the resol'nare, knowing that every decision I make can impact so many more people than ever before. Honor is being able to consider it all and still do what's right, even if its a painful choice."

E'vi sighed as she sat back in her chair, crossing her legs and staring into her tea. "Not sure if that makes any sense, but I had a similar conversation with Cade the other day so I think my brain is still in speaking to small child mode."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom