Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Family Bonding

I am a son of the Mountain.
RedPlain.gif

Objective: Meet with Allya
Tags: [member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

It never failed that thing when things were bad they seemed to get worse. The Knight's Obsidian had been short staffed as it was, but as Cardinal read the document in his hand he knew that thing were not going to get better anytime soon. The document was alerting the Knight's to the coming war with The Jen'ari Empire. This was not some simple skirmish on a middle-ground world. No, The Confederacy would be leading a charge directly into the heart of this Empire. One of it's core worlds, Copero, which had been under the soverign rule of the Chiss Ascendancy until recently. Cardinal did not know much about thye Jen'ari other than what he had heard from his neice, Dianah. If things were as she said they were, then this battle would surely be a difficult one. Cardinal's brother must have beleive so as well, he was calling for over half of the Knight's Obsidian to be deployed with the initial invasion force. Such a thing was rare, even in times of war. This meant Cardinal would have to resummon all of his Knight's recently sent out on mission.

He let out a deep sigh. It was sure to be a pain. The older man moved through the halls of The Citadel with a solemn expression. He was usually fauirly difficult to read but today he was even more so than usual. His near-crimson eyes would occasionally rise to look down the hall, otherwise he kept them pinned a few steps ahead of him. There was a lot of things he needed to consider. The Knight's were not an overly large order which made this easier than most military rallies, however they were currently scattered across Confederate space. He would have to have them all meet at whatver world was used as a staging point for the invasion. Isley had mentioned Iktoch but he did not quite sound certain.

The shadowy halls of the citadel were sparcely lit. All that kept them illuminated was a dim azure hue that fell down from the ceilings. The walls held a hexagonal pattern that was similar to the Obsidian Strike Armor the Knight's wore. All in all it was a dimly lit, yet vibrant base which served as the hub for the Knightly order. Cardinal stepped into one of the training rooms, taking notice that no one was using it. He had some time before his first briefing, perhaps he could use that time to get a workout in.

Tag: [member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

No matter how she tried to push it away, no matter how much she objected, no matter what she said, the Knights Obsidian were a force that had molded her into what she was. This was because, one of her longest lasting masters, beyond her father, was her uncle Card. He was the one who taught her to mix technology with the force, to be able to adapt, and change at a moments notice, to have superior fire power, the ability to attack from a thousand different directions, to stay mobile, and focused on the larger picture. It was his influence on her that had created the armor she now found herself in. It was highly technologically advanced, with weapons that were just as advanced, able to change, adapt, grow, and overcome nearly any situation she found herself in.

Until she had been taken to Roon, after the capture of it, it was next to him she had dived into the secrets of the force. After that, she had been steeped in the darkside, until it filled her very being. She never regretted what she was. But perhaps it was shame that kept her away from the Knights, and led her to a position as the right hand of the leader of the Dauntless Commandos. How could anyone be as awesome as her Uncle and her Father? Uncle Card was so amazing, and her father was a living legend. But she would do it, walk in their footsteps, but on a path of her own choosing.

Still, as she walked into the Citidal, she had to admit, she needed them. This building was one of the only places in the galaxy she could unleash her full fire power, and abilities, without destroying everything. Allya wanted to put her armor through its paces, but more importantly, learn to overcome the slow down between the weight difference from her previous armor. As she moved through the halls, her mind was lost in thought, as the teenager moved into one of the training rooms.

Almost like fate, she ran straight into her uncle, as he entered the training room. Literally. She gave a soft eep, as she slammed into that massively built man, and for all her armor, bounced off him like running into a wall. “Oh um....” Helmeted head looked up. “Ahhh, Uncle Card! Its so good to erm, see you....and run into you I suppose. Haha, I didn't hurt you did I?” The Mandalorian's helmeted head tilts to the side a bit, before she reaches up, and unclips the helmet, taking it off, so as to not be rude to her beloved uncle. Clipping it to the side of her belt, she looked up at the tall man, with glittering large brown eyes. It was clear to tell she admired him greatly, even if the teenager couldn't bring herself to openly admit it most of the time.

Perhaps his mind had been a planet away, or it may have been that Cardinal saw his niece moving about the corridor, lacking attention herself. Whatever the case may be the large man stood solid as Allya slammed into his chest. His hand shot out to steady the younger woman, holding her shoulder firmly as he gave her an amused expression. "Careful." Cardinal was usually a very stoic man, not caring or knowing how to show a plethora of emotion most people dismissed him as cold or in the least aloof. In reality the man was actually quite caring, but there were few things he cared about as much as his little Allya. "Hurt me? Do I look that weak?" He said, patting her head as she pulled her helmet off. Though the two held not blood between them, Cardinal had always watched over Allya. She was one of his brother's youngest children and perhaps one of the greatest warriors among them. While Cardinal did not hold any weight to the Mandalorian ways he was a warrior and respected them.

"What are you doing here at The Citadel?" The older man asked, crossing his arms tightly over his chest. Technically speaking only Knight's were allowed within The Citadel, of course no one was going to stop the daughter of the Vicelord, however Cardinal required that these visits be few and far between. None of his knight's were permitted to have company, and he was no better than any of them.

Of course the Knight's Obsidian had practically had a hand in raising Allya. They served as her guards and instructors up until recently and many of them had fond memories with the girl. No one would be eager to see her leave when it was time. "You look good. The warrior's blood is yours my niece." He tapped the helmet that his sister had clipped to the side of her belt before making his way deeper into the training hall. Cardinal walked over to the far wall, grabbing two training swords and tossing one to his niece without a thought. "So, what brings you here?" He said, taking up a defensive stance, gesturing for her to attack.

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Eyes go wide when he asks if she thought he was weak. No, that wasn't it. She shook her head vehemently. “NO! You are powerful, and wise, and brave. But, I am short, and my armor is hard, and I could easily have hit you in a place that no matter how strong the warrior, can bring them to their knees.” Brown eyes looked up at him with such love, such affection. Before he could cross his arms, she had wrapped her armored form around him, and laid her head on his chest for a moment. Eyes closed, as she was close to this man for a moment more. The lack of blood between them never mattered. It was a technicality, one that Mandalorians didn't much care for. They adopted people into their clans all the time, and Uncle Card was a Vi'Dreya, so part of her clan, part of her family in the deepest of ways.

“I wish I could be honest and say it was all to see you. Though, that is partially true.” She drew away from him, as he crossed his arms. “I have to learn how to not destroy what I'm training with, honestly, and its difficult with the Dauntless. They are among the bravest people I have met, and I'm proud to stand side by side with them, but....Only here can I test myself, and figure out what I can do. I know...its not for much longer. I chose my path. But.” Armored hand reaches out high to caress his cheek. “It's you and the others that made me. If I'm a warrior, its because even now, I have examples of what they are supposed to look like. And act like.”

Once inside, she took the training saber, and gave a traditional starting salute. Only after did she come at him. Honestly, as powerful as a warrior the child had become, her lightsaber forms were always lacking. She was skilled in the basics and had taken on Niman, form VI. It was perfect for her smaller form, and her abilities. She wasn't strong enough for form V, and Ataru was fun, but, not something she had ever been able to get a good grasp on yet. Maybe in the future.

She held her practice saber in two hands, at head height, angled upwards, her left foot at the front. She chose to make the opening attack, a sideways slash, towards his hips, it wasn't a particularly fast slash, but it was a short one, not over-extending herself. She didn't give up her footing, keeping it strong, and ready to pull back, and change as the situation warranted.

[member="Cardinal Vi'dreya"]

Having Allya's small form wrapped around his own was enough to give even the Dominus Prime pause. He adored his niece, this was no secret. As he embraced her he could not help but offer a warm smile in return of the hug. When Allya said she had returned to The Citadel for training the man could not help but let out an audible laugh. "My Citadel is a good place to test yourself."

Cardinal held his training saber to his side, appearently casually. There was something about the way the man stood, it appeared as if he erected a wall between them with a mere gaze. While Cardinal had used a lightsaber in the past and was even skilled in many of the forms they used, there was nothing that could compare to the warrior ways of his homeworld. It was brutal and savage, yet effective. He watched as his niece took a measured step forward, her body tensed ever so slightly as she prepared to attack. Those orange orbs peered deply into her as she took a step forward. When her blade took to the air, rushing towards his hips Cardinal would twist his torso, slapping the blade away with his own. "You still think too much." He scolded, before taking a step forward.

His movements were strong and deliberate and surprisingly fast for a man of his size. His blade came down upon her, aiming for a swift blow to her shoulder. If she did not avoid it, there would surely be a story of pain to be told. "Let The Force guide you away from thought and into action!" He reminded her.

[member="Allya Vi'Dreya"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom