Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

false start - locked

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egG7fiE89IU

The future is bulletproof, The aftermath is secondary. It's time to do it now and do it loud, Killjoys, Make some noise!

So from here it seems from our thread here we have some interest boys and girls. It is time to make it official.

The name that has been agreed on in our discord discussions is the Kathol Independace League or KIL for short. So you guys my KILers? (Dax totally came up with that)

What is KIL. Long and short, we are those who chose to stay. We freed the people but did the founding fathers just leave after defeating the British? Did America just give up when the Germany bombed Pearl Harbor? NO!

So to shall we stay, shall we fight on? We will have nothing more but a little more support from the free system, our ship, the guns on our belts and our wits. But that is the way it has always been.

Our new home will be a new(ish) ten kilometer station that dates back to the founding of chaos.

We have been joined by a mysterious band of force users who call themselves the judges.

What KIL will be is a dirty, Firefly, outer rim, open sandbox for all to play in. A true neutral play ground where as long as folks play by the rules you can do and create anything they want.

Want to create a planet of force using turtles or ninja peacocks. Done.

What Major contracts so you can grow your business. Can do.

We will be a faction for the people, by the people with liberty and frontier justice for all!

Ooo also forgot folks asked about the admin team so we got a good one.

Well there will be me as grand pooba.
Mama Joza is riding second and is heading up design and party management
Old young man Jorus is lore master and relation as the second admin
Dax will be first Mod and heading up Dom, rebellion and invasions
and Grandpa Julius is head of force stuff as second mod (Yes he is for this now lol)

Go guys lets vote this one last time!

[member="Jorus Merrill"] | [member="Judah Dashiell"] | [member="Myles Vylumnar"] | [member="Julius Sedaire"] | [member="Dax Fyre"] | [member="Elpsis Elaris"] | [member="Joza Perl"] | [member="Kaili Talith"] | [member="Kimiko"] | [member="Tai Fa"]

Nima Tann

Master of Her Own Destiny
I am going to say no for this.

I think you have an idea going on and that idea has enough material to develop, however is it enough for major status? Why do you want to stay major? Or, if and when the hype passes, will you be able to keep the faction's activity? Because we know what happens to factions which start as hype and perish when it passes.

I think these are the questions you need to think about first.

In my opinion, don't immediately go major, start with minor first and check how things are going for a while. Develop your stories more, and decide what you want to accomplish with the faction fully before going back to the major status.

[member="Bryce Bantam"]

Please ensure that this vote is public.

All maps are updated at the first of the month. At that time I will be updating the Map. There is no change to how major factions function, all we have is a discussion on feedback, so current rules on activity still apply.

Cira said:
Please ensure that this vote is public. All maps are updated at the first of the month. At that time I will be updating the Map. There is no change to how major factions function, all we have is a discussion on feedback, so current rules on activity still apply.
Will do I will see if I can flip that if not we may be re-doing this lol. Also we understand, we intend to stay major even with current standards.

Elpsis Elaris said:
You mean Japan, not Germany. We were busy doing evil things and freezing to death in Russia because Der Führer thought the 'master race' didn't need winter clothing.
Lol sorry this was an American pop culture reference, movie is animal house.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

Kaili Talith said:
Wait, we had a Discord discussion? I was not aware of this. Much less that there was a TKO Discord.
Kaili good talking with ya on discord, as we noted I added a third option for those not ready to sign off on the idea but also not against it, just an option to cancel the minor vote so we don't lose our spot while we discuss.

Nima Tann said:
I think you have an idea going on and that idea has enough material to develop, however is it enough for major status? Why do you want to stay major? Or, if and when the hype passes, will you be able to keep the faction's activity? Because we know what happens to factions which start as hype and perish when it passes. I think these are the questions you need to think about first. In my opinion, don't immediately go major, start with minor first and check how things are going for a while. Develop your stories more, and decide what you want to accomplish with the faction fully before going back to the major status.
Once again damn fine point [member="Nima Tann"] , can't say it will work. Basically the feeling I have is if people want to why not. We work hard to get our stuff, why throw it away if we don't have to. Need to honor the past work as we look to the future, worse case senario is we fall flat but at least this time we have a plan and a sustainable concept, not just we are rebels rebelling to stay major.

So, from what I have gathered in the TKO Discord as well as here, these are the current ideas:

Remember, these things are not set in stone. Member input is appreciated.
  • Rename ourselves: Kathol Independence League (KIL)
  • It is a collection of operatives/whatever we prefer to call ourselves that wanted to remain and build a stable government out of the connection we have built since we jumped from The Underground to Kathol Outback. (Might be wrong here.)
  • The capital would be a huge space station.
  • The force user school would take major inspirations from the Wardens of the Sky but have a more Western Sherriff vibe to it.
  • The OOC principles of the faction would remain the same. Do what you want, but adhere to Wheaton's Law.

On a personal level I want to add only two things:
  1. My biggest issue: Do not discuss these things on Discord. Keep the discussions on the board no matter how big the hassle is. We want all members to have a chance to have a voice in this and not everyone wants to use Discord. It also makes it easier to keep track of what is being said in the long run.
  2. I would prefer something like League of Independent Planets (LIP) or Outer Rim Confederacy (ORC) for a name, but that's no big deal for me. :p

All, just as an FYI I'm going to be locking this down. Totally my bad on two fronts...

1. jumped the gun and combine to may thingo into it. 1st vote just needs to be yes no to canceling the minor vote. Also [member="Kaili Talith"] is dead on. I let to much talk happen on discord and not enough info here. I'm not ignorant enough to say when I Fethed up so calling myself on the carpet here.

2. also didn't make this a public vote so cant fix that. So long and short of it we need a new one anyhow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom