Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Falchion Experimental Cloaking Device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Travis Caalgen

T
xS7wyxR.png

506suw2.png

• Intent: To create an experimental cloaking device.

• Image Source: Here

• Canon Link: N/A

• Restricted Missions:

[Private] Lysis - Major Fleming and the 501st acquire the stygium crystals necessary for the device - 8 posts

[*]
Primary Source:

bsy7dd5.png

• Manufacturer: The Galactic Empire, Taim & Bak

• Model: N/A

• Affiliation: The Galactic Empire, Closed-Market

• Modularity: No

• Production: Unique

• Material:

Quadanium-lined Durasteel

• Titanium-reinforced Alusteel

• Electronic Parts and Wiring

• Stygium Crystals

GznZzeC.png

• Battle Cloak - The device allows the vessel to cloak entirely, rendering it invisible to both sensors and the naked eye. With just the cloaking device alone, the cloaked vessel can still be detected by expensive Crystal Gravfield Traps unless it is also equipped with the specialized device used to counter it (a Gravitic Amplitude Modulator).

• Cloaked Barrage - Through specialized power distribution nodes, ships that meet the exceed the power requirement of the device are able to fire *energy* weapons through the cloak at the cost of disabling shields and decreasing engine power as well as the possibility of weapons fire giving away their position.
OqoYf0X.png

• Cloaking Device - Any ship that equips this device is capable of achieving cloak, making sensors and visual scanning ineffective in spotting the vessel.

• Weapon Barrage - While cloaked, ships with enough power may fire energy weapons (i.e. turbolasers) at will with some obvious drawbacks.
pjGtWYa.png

• Shieldless Barrage - While a cloaked ship fires its weapons, power is diverted from other primary systems resulting in the complete disabling of shields, meaning that the ship loses its first line of defence in exchange for deadly ambushes.

• Engine Effectiveness - Couple with the above weakness, the engine effectiveness of vessels attempting to perform a cloaked barrage is halved, noticeable slowing down the manoeuvrability and speed of the ships.

• Power Drain - When initiating a cloak, the device takes a massive amount of power from the ships storage and reactor and prevents it from reaching the levels capable of initiating another cloak until it is dropped. This means that, after decloaking, the vessel equipped with this device has to wait a minimum of six minutes to re-initiate their cloak.
xQNBvuk.png

With information coming through that many of their enemies were beginning to utilize 'stealth' ships (vessels with special alloys and devices dedicated to keeping them out of sight and off of sensors, but not capable of achieving a cloak) in both reconnaissance and battle, Director Caalgen felt it apt to take it a few steps further by designing a cloaking device that not only hid ships from the enemy but also allowed them to attack ships while under the effect of a cloak.

The plans were created, the materials transported to Scarif, but he needed the paramount stygium crystals. Under the guise of dishing out retribution to pirates that attacked merchants in their space, the 501st Attack Batallion was dispatched to Aeten II where they confiscated a sizeable amount of these crystals that were quickly sent into the clutches of the Advanced Weapons Research division.

It took many gruelling days, with numerous setbacks including an entire lab erupting in flames, but the Falchion experimental cloaking device was created, only a handful in total due to the sheer amount of resources required. Determined by this great accomplishment, Caalgen knew exactly which vessel could benefit the most from this technological marvel...

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Cira"]

I mean that with this device alone the ship can still be detected by Crystal Gravfield Traps, but when outfitted with the specialized device to counter it (Gravitic Amplitude Modulator), the CGT is rendered ineffective.

I've edited the submission to reflect this.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

So then effectively, one of your weaknesses is nullified if it is combined with another piece of technology.

So you have a cloaking device that is able to scan other ships while cloaked, shoot while cloaked, and be able to get around several stealth detecting capabilities.

Honestly, at this point this is a pretty powerful cloaking mechanism. I am not comfortable with the ease that it is able to have its weaknesses overridden by simply adding another device that would counter it.

I want a set time before a vessel is able to cloak again. I also want this only to be accessible to ships 1000m and below, no larger.

Travis Caalgen

T
[member="Cira"]

Cira said:
So you have a cloaking device that is able to scan other ships while cloaked
I never said that the ship can scan while cloaked, only that it can fire.

I will add the set time for it to be able to cloak again, a good few minutes in fact. I will even drop the production of this device to 'Unique'. I will add as many weaknesses as you want, but there is no way I'm going to restrict this to anything under 1,000 meters, you know well enough what this submission is for.

[member="Travis Caalgen"]

Haha, then yes, that would be a feature of it.

I see you dropped it to unique. Okay. Just please add a timer for when the cloak can be used again and should be good then.

Travis Caalgen

T
Travis Caalgen said:
Power Drain - When initiating a cloak, the device takes a massive amount of power from the ships storage and reactor and prevents it from reaching the levels capable of initiating another cloak until it is dropped. This means that, after decloaking, the vessel equipped with this device has to wait a minimum of six minutes to re-initiate their cloak.

Already got it, [member="Cira"]. Are six minutes good enough or do you want more?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom