Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faithfully (repost and conclusion)

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:34 PM
She couldn’t remember how long she had sat in the middle of the meditation room on the Peregrine. A hand nursed a wound on her stomach from the fight that had caused her to be alone. Time passed without her knowledge, her mind constantly searching for the trail of her blood. It was faint, but it still gave her hope that the person who wandered with the stain remained living. It gave her hope that they would find each other again, they always seemed to be able to do that. They constantly found each other one way or another; it was as if their souls had done this for many lifetimes over and over. She had this familiar feeling, it was warm and inviting. They were both being drawn to each other by the mysterious flame that burned within each other, always finding each other somewhere in this galaxy, and in several life times.

Time stopped hazel eyes shot open as she felt the faint spark of her trail suddenly diminish. Spencer held her breath, focusing harder on the trail searching deeper into space looking for it, but no matter how hard she tried or hoped…that fire was gone. Her eyes gathered tears quickly and they fell without any restraint and her face became pale – her world shattered.

The longer she sat there the more and more reality started to settle in. She was alone, her greatest fear had come true and she knew she was truly alone now. There was a reminder of so many missed moments, so many promises that were now broken, and her heart threatened to fall out of her chest. A hand moved to her tunic as she clutched the soft material, the walls felt as if they were closing in and she cried hard. Heavy sobs echoed within the empty ship, the place that she had called home with the woman for so long. This was their sanctuary away from anyone who had threatened them, here they were allowed to be who they truly were and be together.

That was over now.

------------------------------------------------

Spencer lay in the bed she had shared. A piece of fabric clutched closely to her chest as she stared off into the distance. Her mind focused on the past as she allowed herself to get lost. Memories relived through the broken flow walking she had learned from the lost Master. Even though she knew she couldn’t sense the blood trail anymore she continued to try and find it. It could be possible that there was a range effect with the blood trail and she was just missing her. Though time had passed Spencer knew that if Ashin had left the range that she would eventually show up, but like always nothing sparked.

Finally having the strength to sit up, she ran her hand through her blonde hair. Her eyes hurt she felt as if she had been crying for ages, she needed to try and do something with her life, but nothing felt worth it anymore. Sighing softly, she brought the shirt to her face and she caught just a faint scent of the woman and in seconds she fell apart again. The wound was too fresh and she wasn’t ready to return to her duties yet.

Her body fell back onto the bed and she curled up the best she could to comfort herself. The shirt was all she had left and the memories that she had constantly flow walked to remember. The ship they had called home remained docked and Spencer knew in the back of her mind that she would have to collect rations soon, but that didn’t matter anymore. Another sigh escaped her lips as she nuzzled the stuffed Whiphid and the shirt. Tears once more fell from her eyes, but she didn’t feel them anymore – she was so numb.

Delila Castillon likes this
Everything that happens in the galaxy is Velok's doing.
14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#2 Faithfully: post #2 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:45 PM
What does one bring for a gift, a memento, when returning from the dead?

Her odyssey had been brief and convoluted in one. A dizzying blur of spacetime as Jorus Merrill threw her and Moridin into hyperspace; a brutal fight even then; a destination and a journey she still couldn't quite believe. And then had come the realization that she was broken, utterly crushed, so soon after the chemo and the kolto and the wyrms had finally brought her pain to a temporary end.

She had limped across the starts to Aza'zoth and the House of the Undying. She had made oaths and bargains there that she had never thought she could make or keep. Val'Ryss Zankarr had set a high price on the creation of a new body, and on her aid in taking that form. Wherever Ashin's body was now, Zankarr had it.

The new body, as with all alchemical constructions, came with balances attached, and warpedness. Her face showed the ravages of the Dark Side -- showed the nature of her soul, its experience, its scars. At close to thirty years old she found herself looking forty, forty-five even. Twice Spencer's visible age.

A portion of the Peregrine's hull shimmered, mirrored, and Ashin paused on her way around to the ramp. Her face in the distorted metal mirror was pure monster, pure age -- but that was a girl's perspective, and she had to put aside what remained of her youth. She was no longer the ingenue, or the ambitious young up-and-coming reformer. She was tired, and hard, and cold, and the years had not been kind.

She found she liked this face, this body. They said who she was better than her old scars ever had.

Around at the back of the Peregrine, she paused and then keyed in the code. The ramp hissed down.

"Yun-Harla," she called up the ramp, in a voice not her own. "Sanctuary. Spencer Jacobs. I need you."

Spencer Jacobs likes this
I'm not worthy of you, that's all I know
tumblr_mtcw54tOMx1sxkosfo1_500.png
and they'll call me names for pulling you into my troubles
7govV4P.png
#3 Faithfully: post #3 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 12 October 2013 - 11:57 PM
The voice carried through the ship and Spencer covered her face. Who was here and how did they get into the ship. A part of her wanted to believe that it was the person she had been waiting for, but she knew better than the dream like a child. Knowing that whoever it was calling for her wouldn’t go away until she moved to meet them, she stirred and wiped her face. She found it interesting that this person knew her nickname with the Sith, Yun-Harla was a new one though. Swinging her legs over the edge of the bed she wrapped her tunic around her body and headed towards the ramp.

Despite not feeling any ill emotions in the air, she kept her guard up. With Ashin gone she was now a target for whoever wasn’t able to get revenge on the woman. Ashin seemed to make a lot of enemies and Spencer wasn’t totally free of them. Holding her breath she felt her bare feet cling to the cold floor as she wandered to the back end of the Peregrine. Her rosy face poked from around the corner as she spotted the older woman. That same sense of familiarity washed over her, but she ignored it and peered towards the intruder.

“I’m Spencer, who are you? How do you know me by that name...and why do you need my help?”

Arms hung at her side as she took a couple of steps closer, the girl in her old padawan uniform and her hair hanging over her shoulder as she looked curiously onward.

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#4 Faithfully: post #4 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:07 AM
Ashin could almost see her breath; the deck was cold underfoot, but Spencer wore no socks or slippers. A Dathomiri child still, in some ways. That, and she hadn't thought to turn on the heat.

"I died," she said, eyes roaming over the simple tunic, "and that wasn't what I meant to start off with, but I died on Aza'zoth, in the House of the Undying. And in one or two ways, I need you to bring me back to life." And suddenly it was all she could do to keep from taking Spencer here and now, but that had its place, its time. Here was not the place, now was not the time, even though here had been the place many times before.

She looked down to hide dilated pupils and an animated face, and saw an ageing, wiry body, spacer's clothes, a couple of blaster pistols. Why had she come armed? Her hands tightened into fists with a cracking, almost a shattering, of knuckles. Too much tension.

"It was colder out there, outside mortality, than this ship ever was. I'm still cold. It's...me, Spencer. It's Desmius. Ori'vod. Ashin."

7govV4P.png
#5 Faithfully: post #5 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:27 AM
The woman started things off in a curious manner, Spencer took a step forward, and the cold didn’t bother her here. Her body seemed to function with the force naturally as she in reaction to the cold used the force to keep her warm enough to sustain bodily function. It took a lot and she knew her body worked to keep her alive even if she didn’t see the point anymore.

Another step as the woman continued to talk, her eyes adjusting as she took in the sight of the woman. She was much older and looked more like a renegade Spacer running around the galaxy searching for adventure and a purpose. The woman kept talking explaining her story and then it finally came out, the woman’s identity revealed. It took every ounce of her strength to keep from running towards the woman, Spencer needed to think, and she needed to have a moment to take everything in. Taking in the woman once more that familiar feeling washed over her once more. This time she listened to it and with a release of her held breath a soft cloud of condensation floated in front of her.

“Ashin?”

Another moment passed.

“Ashin…”

Suddenly, the girl’s feet broke into a sprint. She ran quickly and wrapped her arms around the woman and held their bodies close. She felt the cold finally, but it wasn’t important. She was crying again and she felt that familiarity over and over. They had gone through enough in their life time together to know, for her to know who the woman was and that she wasn’t lying. Still there was doubt; especially that she couldn’t feel her with the blood trail. Looking up, she paused for a moment and then without a question issued the final test.

Desperate lips pressed against the familiar stranger as she searched and prayed that none of this was a dream or a lie. In all her short years, this was something she wanted more than anything to be real.

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#6 Faithfully: post #6 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:38 AM
The kiss felt new. Different nerves, different neurochemistry. Spencer's mouth and skin tasted subtly different, and Ashin held the younger woman tight, maybe too tight. One hand shot out in a fist, off to the side, and the ramp closed behind her. She ran a hand up the back of Spencer's neck, fingers slipping into the hair at the base of her neck, to grip and hold.

I am never letting go of you.

Maybe the thought carried through the Force as something like telepathy; maybe the comfort it gave Ashin was just a rebound, an echo inside her own skull. This wasn't a moment for splitting hairs, nor for thinking too hard. With a final squeeze, her hand left the back of Spencer's head, the nape of her neck, and shot downward with speed that surprised even Ashin. She grabbed the backs of Spencer's legs and pulled her up with casual strength so that the younger woman's thighs rested on Ashin's waist, and a long step slammed Spencer's back against the bulkhead.

Pale blue eyes bored into Spencer. "It's me, and I'm awake," she said, and kissed Spencer hard to shake herself back into reality.

7govV4P.png
#7 Faithfully: post #7 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:01 AM
This kiss was something she had dreamed about, to have the woman against her again, and to feel her emotions once more. The young empath relished in the heat of emotions, everything felt so alive within her. Spencer felt her skin burn as Ashin held her once more and picked her up. There didn’t need to be an exchange of telepathy between them, Spencer knew everything through their emotional exchange. Ashin was the only one she enjoyed feeling; she loved every emotion and longed for it.

Her back pressed against the bulkhead, a soft sigh escaped her smile as she wrapped her arms tighter around the older woman. Fingers playing in her hair, a part of Spencer missed the braids the woman used to wear while she was Empress. Their first time, she remembered it so vividly and now this was where they were at. It was true; they had gone to Chaos and back with each other. Spencer would never leave Ashin and no one would ever tear her heart away from her.

Another kiss pressed into her and she began to lose herself. Everything that had happened up to this point made the kiss even sweeter than before.

Take me and never let me go

Arms pulling her lover closer to her, she wanted her as close as possible and she wanted to feel every beat of her heart. She was alive and she was back with her once again. The tears stopped and Spencer pulled away and kissed along the woman’s neck catching the scent of space off her skin. She pulled her head up slightly to meet the pale blue eyes she had longed to see.

“Welcome home, stay here with me forever?”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#8 Faithfully: post #8 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 12:01 PM
"Forever. Whatever blasphemies against natural mortality it requires, I'm never leaving you again." She let Spencer down, but they stayed pressed together as if to erase the boundaries between them. Spencer's kiss was assurance enough that her new face was no obstacle. After a sigh she drew back, leaning still against the wall by a hand planted beside the smaller woman's shoulder. "I have never been so glad to be home.

"I've done my best to make you a home here in the Fringe - and I hope you found it enough while I was gone. Most iof them will never jnow hat Ashin Varanin was ever involved. I'm called Shira Karrde now, Admiral Karrde, with enough altered memories to say that I've always been around. But even if I'm only Shira, this can still be our home if you want it to be. Not just the Peregrine, but this whole sector, so many things that need ti be done." Now at last she broke away, though she kept a powerful hold on Spencer's hand. "A perfect little kingdom to build and thrones to share. We've both been queens. Let's apply that together in a place where it matters. Equals. Feth the rule of two."
7govV4P.png
#9 Faithfully: post #9 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 01:13 PM
Ashin pulled away from her and she wanted more, but knew there were things to discuss. She had built her a home and the thought made Spencer smile softly. A home was a place neither of them knew too well, it seemed every time they began to settle something happened to hinder that small dream. The Peregrine had been the closest thing to a home for them, but now they had this sector the Unknown Regions.

“It didn’t feel like home until now. Though anywhere is home where you are.”

She gave Ashin’s had a soft squeeze to reassure her words. Her cheeks were slightly pink from the emotions that swirled around them, though she had a tendency to blush whenever Ashin was around anyways. The cold was starting to settle in and she shivered, focusing her mind from where it had been she drew upon the force to warm her and she leaned into Ashin to warm her as well.

There was a lot they needed to talk about and Spencer knew the back of the ship wasn’t the place to discuss these things. Reaching up, her hand caressed the side of the woman’s new face. She felt the familiarity and the newness of the face, despite the outward change Spencer could feel Ashin. A soft smile spread across her face as she nodded slightly.

“New worlds for us to conquer? It seems no matter where we go or what we do we are destined to create change and cause waves within the galaxy. Let’s go to the living quarters, it’s too cold out here for you. Let me warm you up and we can talk”

Spencer pulled away, but kept their hands tightly held together. She led the woman towards the interior of the ship and with wave of her hand she focused the force to manage the heat of the ship. The numbness faded as quickly during the first kiss and she was starting to feel the chill of space. Everything was falling back into place as she lead Ashin into the ship that they shared.

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#10 Faithfully: post #10 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 02:22 PM
The cold was a convenient fiction; both were thoroughly capable of adjusting their body temperature, as they'd proven on Belsavis a long while back. Or perhaps it was just that they'd both reached a point where neither felt like exercising power for trivia. One could split one's attention and use the Force to keep warm, or one could go cuddle up with one's lover and use blankets to keep out the cold. Ashin followed willingly, and though she cast a longing glance at the back of the throne that served as a pilot's seat, she clambered into the bunk with Spencer. The next few minutes were not sexual so much as comfortable, two people settling into proximity for the long haul. Ashin's new body had new lines and angles to it, slightly different proportions -- harder edges on her sides, slightly smaller hips, a little more meat on her bones overall. It was a body she could get used to, apparent age or not. A strong body, and one that fit well with Spencer.

Ashin lay on her side, elbow up beneath her head. There were only so many ways to lie together, and they'd found the ones that worked for them. That apparently didn't need to change with this body, and it lacked the constant tension, even pain, of the last one.

"I never wanted to be the one to make waves," she said, her free hand resting on Spencer's hip. "Believe it or not. I got handed things -- opportunities, needs that had to be filled -- and I did what I could. In some ways I've had my whole life dumped on my lap." Her ankles and calves twined around Spencer's, seeking equilibrium. "But with you, now that we're free, I definitely intend to make some waves again. And we'll see how long we can last."

7govV4P.png
#11 Faithfully: post #11 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 13 October 2013 - 03:11 PM
To lay here with Ashin was something she had only dreamed of during the woman’s absence. Small tear stained places on the bed told the story of her time on the Peregrine as of recent, but now things were better and Spencer didn’t need anything else. Her eyes caught the longing glance towards the pilot’s chair that doubled as a throne, a sly smirk spread across her face as she reminded her lover that there was time for that. For now she just wanted to be near the woman, to have something they hadn’t had in some time.

Peace.

Spencer’s slender frame clung close to Ashin’s new body. She was different and there was a different way she would have to press herself into the woman to fit, but she soon found herself preferring this form of the woman over the other. Hands wandered as she familiarized her touch to the woman, she listened and nodded understanding where Karrde was coming from. Spencer pondered her own situation everything was fueled by others around her, she went along with whatever life threw at her, and maybe this was something she learned from being with Ashin.

“Even if you didn’t want to create waves, you’ve always done that. You have an influence that is so addicting. People follow you and they trust you to no end. I like so many chose to follow you, I couldn’t stay away. You might have had your whole life dumped into your life but you always have the choice on what to do with it.”

A soft hand caressed the back of the older woman’s which was against Spencer’s hip. Taking in a deep breath she wondered in the back of her head when she was going to wake up from this dream. It seemed to perfect that the crescendo of her despair the woman reentered her life. Chuckling softly, Spencer figured that was one of the traits she loved the most, the woman’s impeccable timing to save her.

“I want to create waves with you again, I want to make this region ours, and you’ll always be my Empress who conquered ten-thousand worlds….”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#12 Faithfully: post #12 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 14 October 2013 - 12:30 AM
"I'll always try, anyway, and I guess we'll see what can get accomplished." She smiled, because a sappy moment deserved a self-mocking smile that still recognized the truth behind the unmitigated schmultz. That smile in that moment was foundational to any adult relationship she'd ever seen. To find herself using it was a nice reminder that, yes, at some point she'd grown up a little.

It was also remarkably nice to start to get the feeling that Spencer really didn't mind the new face. That, and to get warm again. Ashin peeked out from under the blanket they shared, checking local time. Late morning, not like it mattered, but they'd burned nearly half an hour like this. Time seemed to be passing oddly, more so than even in death. With a grunt, she tossed back the blanket and slipped out of bed -- and out of the battered spacers' clothes she'd worn for a little too long. Beneath, she wore shorts and an athletic bra, and for once her body was not covered in scars and tattoos. A fresh start, in its way. She wasn't being coquettish -- the narrow mirror in the cabin offered her a good perspective on what she now was.

Old, a little. Older anyway. She nodded in a little satisfaction. "I finally look how I feel in my soul," she said, and spun on her heel to snatch Spencer's hand and drag her from the bed. "But for energy -- feth, Spence, I can move without pain, no tension, nothing." Her eyes blazed with the energy of being recalled to life. A careful but politely irresistible telekinetic grip whirled Spencer down the hall and into the throne, which spun to receive her. Ashin stalked toward the Master and the throne, and a respectful curtain descended on the remainder of the morning.

7govV4P.png
#13 Faithfully: post #13 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 14 October 2013 - 11:23 AM
Spencer couldn’t help herself, despite the fact that Ashin wasn’t trying to tease her in anyway her eyes couldn’t pull away from the woman. As Ashin climbed out of bed Spencer fought the urge to pull her back in, there was something on her mind and she needed to let her do what she needed to do. Sitting up slightly she smiled and just watched. Soon and quickly with energy she hadn’t expected she was pulled from the bed. Her feet danced slighty on the cold floor. Spencer didn’t have time to react, in moments she found her body sitting in the throne and the woman in front of her moving quickly towards her. All she could do was hold her breath and never take her eyes off the older woman.

The morning hours passed into the early evening, but none of that mattered. They had made their way back down the hall towards the bunk, back to where they had started. The younger woman sat up in the bed clutching the chilled sheets to her body tightly while she smiled and took in everything that had happened. Sliding her legs over the edge of the bed she slipped her barefeet into a pair of slippers and exchanged the sheets for one of Ashin’s old large t-shirts. As she stood, she brought the collar of the shirt to her nose. It smelled like her old self and Spencer found her liking the smell of the spacer a bit favorable. Though whoever or whatever Ashin came back as she realized she would always love her.

A slight sway of her hips, she moved quietly into the kitchenette. Remembering the first beverage she shared with the woman after their first time, Spencer quickly pulled down a couple of mugs and prepared some hot chocolate for the both of them. Once the drinks were finished she made her way towards the bunk that she shared and set the mugs down on the table. Peering once more at the Spacer woman she smiled, it was all new yet utterly familiar.

For the first time in a long while Spencer felt happily content with everything. Here there were no worries, no stresses, it was just her and her Ashin.

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#14 Faithfully: post #14 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:45 PM
Ashin, Karrde, Ori'vod, Desmius sat crosslegged on the bunk, toying with a miniature starmap. She'd had the programming done early in her career as Moridin's enforcer. Major stars and major trade routes were points of attraction for the colored auras that swirled at her touch -- borders. Invasion fronts. A touch reset it to the modern state of affairs; another touch replayed it through the last handful of years, though the data was a few months old.
mapfullslow.gif

"Don't mind me," she said, stretching and scratching absently at her ribs where sharp muscle connected. "Just can't leave well enough alone, can I? I learned a little too well from my teachers. I just can't keep my fingers out of everyone's pie. Could be that it's flippant of me to play these games, plan these things, but the state of the galaxy is nearly as comfortable to me as your bed. And someday, well, who knows who I'll be able to break."

7govV4P.png
#15 Faithfully: post #15 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 14 October 2013 - 03:56 PM
Spencer crawled into bed and looked at the star map. She had seen these laid out several times before while they were involved with the Empire. Her eyes locked onto the map watching the movements of the patches and listened to what Ashin had to say. It seemed like the moment of peace was too sweet and she had finally woken up from the dream. Ignoring the chocolates she felt her hands ball up against the sheets, the cool fabric wrinkled the tighter her grip got and she couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“Ashin, you’re powerful I know this and so does the rest of the galaxy…but…”

It was difficult; her mind went to places she wanted to forget. The moments she felt so alone without her, they were moments that she’ll never forget. Closing her eyes slightly, she gathered her words and spoke again, her tone quiet and scared.

“I can’t lose you again. I’m scared; you should lay low for some time gather yourself at least. I’m scared that someone is going to find out who you are and come knocking on the door like Moridin. You know peace doesn’t last long for us and I want to try and have that peace with you for as long as I can.”

A hand reached out and rested upon the older woman’s leg, she gave a soft squeeze and pulled her body closer to the woman. The hand moved from her leg and pushed the data pad down into Ashin’s lap. Smiling through the gathering tears she shook her head and did her best to not cry, Spencer had done enough of that for now.

“I’m afraid Ashin, I really am.”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#16 Faithfully: post #16 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 14 October 2013 - 04:20 PM
She drew back, right up against the headboard, legs folded, clutching Spencer's hands but keeping that distance. "Who are you talking to right now?" she said gently. "Who is it you think you see? Do you know how many warfleets would descend on the known galaxy without me, if I suddenly decided to stop going into work? A galactic player goes belly up. Disappears. It ceases to exist without me."

Her grip tightened, maybe a little too hard. "I am not in danger, Spencer. I am the danger. A girl opens her door and gets killed and you think that of me? No."

There were parts of her that hated what she had become, what she was capable of doing. There were parts of her that knew those things to be necessary for interaction with a galaxy like this, with lives and dreams and eternal happiness riding on it.

"I am the one who knocks."

7govV4P.png
#17 Faithfully: post #17 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 15 October 2013 - 12:16 AM
Spencer winced slightly at the tightening grip, she did her best not to show it as she had known Ashin to be rough with her. She didn’t pull her hands away, but she listened and understood where Ashin came from. The woman was such a powerhouse and someone who had investments everywhere in the galaxy. Only an idiot would think otherwise. As much as she disliked it, Spencer knew there was no stopping her and deep down, the girl knew she had contracted the bug to conquer as well.

Forcing their closeness Spencer wiggled her hands free and moved the data pad from Ashin’s lap. Swinging her leg over, the younger woman straddled her lover and pushed the other woman’s shoulders and back into the headboard. Spencer wanted to make sure Ashin knew she was serious and that she wasn’t playing games with her about the situation anymore.

“I know this, I know you’re not the one to sit by and wait for things to happen. You make things happen. I’m tired though Ashin, I’m so tired of chasing you around this galaxy. I chase you and keep up with you because I can’t live without you. I chose you out of everything in my life.”

A hand cupped the woman’s cheek as the girl continued to speak.

“If you’re going to be the one to knock, then I will be there at your side. It’s where I belong. I’m grown up Ashin – you said it yourself that I was grown up enough to make adult choices. I choose to stand by you, I won’t let you go again, I can’t let you go. You’re not leaving me while you go on these crazy endeavors anymore. I asked you to be my Mate and that means I’m yours. I’m not a little girl anymore Ashin…I’m going with you where ever you go and there’s no point in arguing with me.”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#18 Faithfully: post #18 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:28 AM
"That's...a lot of feeling," Ashin managed, eyes wide. "I'll respect it. Whenever Anaya tracks you down, I have this urge to keep you cloistered away from the front lines -- even this ship is about keeping you distant and safe. But that was never meant to keep you distant from me. Bad logic on my part." She found herself pulled in like a tractor beam. Spencer's position put her face above Ashin's. "Fundamental discrepancy," the Dark Lord whispered against Spencer's lips.

She wedged a pillow behind the small of her back and arched against Spencer, eyes half-lidded. It became a gentle yawn, off to the side, as she luxuriated in being back home. "I said equals and I meant it. Said it when I taught you the hyperspace storm, too, even if I can't use it anymore. Meant it then, mean it now. Mm." She sank deeper into the mattress, Spencer's compact weight bearing her down pleasantly.

"I can't hold back, but I'll take you with me."

7govV4P.png
#19 Faithfully: post #19 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,647 posts
Excellent
Posted 15 October 2013 - 05:55 PM
Spencer smiled at her victory. She had won and conquered the woman who ruled ten-thousand worlds possibly more. Her hands stopped pinning the woman and draped gently around her shoulders. Her point was made and now she can relax. The answer she had been searching for was given and now everything was perfect in her little world. Feeling the woman against her lips for a brief moment she smirked and nipped at Ashin’s lower lip. They separated for a little and Spencer still leaned close as the force storm was mentioned.

The skill terrified Spencer, she couldn’t control it and when she was performing it she had only done with Ashin’s guidance. Now upon hearing that the Dark Master couldn’t perform it anymore, she started to question what other skills had she lost with the body transfer. The thought of Ashin not having the same powers as she had while they had first met worried her beyond comparison. Despite the words she said about her being the danger to the galaxy, without the same – she stopped her thoughts midsentence. Who was she thinking of? Who was the woman she was being worried about? The thought disappeared into the air and she leaned forward and held Ashin close.

Spencer rested her head on the woman’s shoulder as they sank lower into the bed. It had been ages since they had a moment like this and she wanted to take in every moment of it. The girl laid lazily against Ashin and she pondered a bit more about their situation.

“It was a lot of feeling, it’s funny though I never felt my own until I met you. Though I will admit all I’ve ever wanted was to be with you always.”

She nuzzled softly against the woman’s neck as she smiled contently. Time was coming to where they needed to plan and from seeing the data pad Spencer knew that Ashin had a plan in the works.

“So what was on that pad of yours?”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#20 Faithfully: post #20 Ashin Varanin
Admiral Shira Karrde

3,414 posts
Excellent
Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:45 PM
"I'd show you properly if you'd get off me -- so I guess I'll just tell you." Off to the side, the holopad floated into Ashin's hand and flared to life with a map of the galaxy. "See that little bit of red up there? That's the Ssi-Ruuvi Imperium, a thousand-year empire built on slavery of the worst kind. If you're a P'w'eck laborer, or any kind of non-Ssi-Ruuk, you work your life away and then have your soul sucked out to power Ssi-Ruuvi war machines. Clean energy," she said with a bitter grin and a long look at Spencer's bottom lip.

"So we're going to take the old Confederate droid army foundry on Zaadja, then we're going to assault Lwhekk and take its shipyards. From there we'll conquer the entire Ssi-Ruuvi star cluster. We'll have to find the right administrator for the sector, the right overlord, but then our people will be drunk on loot and we'll have to drive them hard to their next objective. Specifically, south and east, to Rakata Prime or Zonama Sekot or even Riflor or Varunda Nine to give us protection from the Omega Protectorate. And then we'll see how warlike the Protectorate feels like acting. This could all end in tears. In fact, it's a certainty -- I just don't know whose tears. I've promised Circe Savan, Pandeima, that she'd get the chance to dance on Cira's grave; I was probably lying. We'll see how many local targets we can throw at our people before the galaxy comes calling."

Posted 17 October 2013 - 12:06 PM
Spencer smirked, she wasn’t going anywhere. She hadn’t planned on moving for some time until Ashin absolutely needed to get up. The girl listened to the plans, it felt remnant of their time with the Sith. Plotting and planning, setting out where to conquer next. Everything was a plan and a strategy, Spencer had learned a lot from the woman with politics and conquering. She had the bug, but it was never fully recognized until Ashin fed into it. Oh and how she fed into it.

Fingers played carelessly with the small hairs at the back of Ashin’s neck, she pondered the stretch of territory they were planning to take over. No one ventured this way out of fear or lack of interest. She remembered some stories of Ashin’s past out here and figured it was the reason she wanted to move her way towards this sector. The mention of Cira, Lady Protector of the Omega was mentioned and this made Spencer sit up slightly. A hand ran through her hair as she bit at her lower lip nervously.

“I’ve met her, she’s an odd woman. She came asking about Circe about what she had done on Endor. She knew about the holocron that I made, I had to hand over the one that I had used just to store the unaltered memories…I didn’t need to hinder Eshan over one woman.”

Thinking about the woman farther she didn’t like her, but she hadn’t only met her once of course, so her judgment was incomplete. Leaning forward she rested against her mate once more and sighed softly. It was starting to become a tangled web and it seemed to have gotten thicker now that Circe was in their lives. Spencer closed her eyes and pouted for a moment.

“The woman had this air about her, like she was some major galaxy authority. I don’t know much about Omega are they like the authority of the galaxy or something?”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#22 Faithfully: post #22 Ashin Varanin
Grand Admiral Shira Karrde

3,505 posts
Excellent
Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:15 AM
She'd thought she'd taught Spencer better during the Sanctuary years -- but then again, domestic affairs had always dominated Spencer's schedule. And Ashin's interactions with the Protectorate had generally left Spencer out of them, come to think of it. A reminder, if she needed it, that one could only learn so much, and that similar experiences yielded different sets of memories, conclusions, priorities.

"The Protectorate plays the game of realist politics. They're out for themselves, never commit to anything, only show up to save the day and take the paycheck, and tend to feel like the cops of the galaxy." She grimaced. "I heard more than enough about that holocron from Pandeima, but I hadn't realized Cira was personally involved enough to come to you. Nor had I realized that she had the means to know about the unaltered version. Apparently this invasion on Pandema's privacy, mental or psychometric or otherwise, really was comprehensive. And Cira showed up herself..."

She found herself possessed of boundless energy, and carefully removed Spencer from her waist, laying the girl down gently on the bed. Ashin rose, a simple robe falling into place around her, and she fidgeted at her small workdesk, shoulders hunched.

"If I could get to the Protectorate's top offices, I could flow-walk back and see who, exactly, did whatever they did to Pandeima. But I could hardly walk in as Karrde and begin meditating. And I have no idea how close I'd have to be to pull it off. Within the tower, almost certainly. There's agendas here, beneath the surface but just barely. Important things I can't put my finger on."

She whirled on Spencer, face animated with some combination of emotions that even she couldn't wholly name. "And they involved you, personally and directly, in ways that implicitly threatened you and your homeworld. I'm not the sort to swear vengeance, but I can swear investigation."

Siobhan Kerrigan likes this
I am in the business of giving people what they deserve
tumblr_mvk4p6eeWe1sxkosfo1_1280.png

7govV4P.png
#23 Faithfully: post #23 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,674 posts
Excellent
Posted 19 October 2013 - 02:14 PM
Spencer after being carefully laid down on the bed, sat up as the woman moved towards the small desk. Grabbing the hot chocolate she took a sip and sighed softly knowing it was business time. Crawling out of the bed, she tucked her arms carefully under her chest and wandered over to Ashin. She worked quickly, and Spencer watched with a tilted head. Knowing the flow walking technique, Spencer knew that Ashin would have a better chance of having something with a bit more authenticity. Mentally making a note she was going to head to Aing-Tii and learn it from the masters there if she could.

Remembering her position and the fact that the Republic and the Omegas were allies she shifted where she stood. A foot rose to scratch the back of her calf as her lower lip pouted slightly while she thought. There could be a way especially since no know knew of Karrde in the Republic and Spencer usually kept a lot of the Echani affairs secret.

“Well, I am the Echani Queen and with Cira being in charge of one of the Republic’s bigger allies I’m sure I could figure out some why to gain an audience. You don’t look like your old self, which would make it easier to have you masquerade as my new Admiral and body guard. I call for an audience with Cira to discuss the whole issue about the holocron or other things and as my body guard you have to stand there and guard you should be able to flow walk there.”

Knowing that Ashin didn’t want her too involved made her question her simple idea. Though they had just finish discussing how they were going to do things together and not have her kept in a shell away from the world. A soft smile spread across her face and she shrugged a little somewhat shy about her blurting out the thought.

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#24 Faithfully: post #24 Ashin Varanin

3,505 posts
Excellent
Posted 25 October 2013 - 06:38 PM
"It's a good idea -- a very good one. Flow-walking doesn't exactly stand out in the Force. Something as simple as a bathroom break could give all manner of opportunity. Insane risk...uncertain reward. Let's keep this particular plan on the back burner, and continue running on the assumptions and inferences that the Empire's intel people and data miners came up with back when I first got curious -- that Cira is very possibly a Forcer and very possibly has some kind of power of illusion. And that's as good as we're going to get short of staging an assassination attempt and seeing what she does when pressure's applied.

"Which is," she admitted, folding her legs under her at the edge of the bed, "a surprisingly appealing prospect. Why is that? What is it about the Omega Protectorate that inspires such...negative reactions? It's something I legitimately don't understand, sugar. I just don't get it."

With a grunt, she rose and stripped off her clothing, trading it for a robe that she'd kept since the Empire days, a very soft one. "And that irritates me greatly. If I could break and re-form any part of this galaxy, it wouldn't be the Protectorate, it wouldn't be the Empire, it'd be the Republic. I'd watch the Republic shatter and re-heal. Gladly. So why am I -- why is everyone -- so envious of the Protectorate? Why is it that I'd gladly play them and throw them aside and burn Fondor to the ground, my soul notwithstanding?

"Maybe it's destiny."

7govV4P.png
#25 Faithfully: post #25 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,674 posts
Excellent
Posted 29 October 2013 - 12:34 AM
Spencer ran an index finger along her face as she listened to Ashin. The young Queen was usually pretty good at sensing the force along with seeing through illusions. It worried her that she was completely unaware of the woman. Trying not to think too hard on her lack of skill she continued to trail her finger down her face and to her mouth as she bit on her knuckle still deep in thought. On one hand, she didn’t like the way the private military turned into a government. It seemed slightly out of place and despite their peace with the Republic, what would stop them if they decided to be the ‘new’ government and take over the Republic.

It was unnatural.

“Destiny? I doubt its jealousy lover; I think it’s more about fear than anything. Where they started and what they have become is something that the Republic and the Sith need to worry about. Before all of this all they worried about was each other now the youngest sibling is gaining power…a lot of power…very quickly.”

Her eyes followed every curve of the woman as she changed; Spencer was soon reminded that there was a place and time for everything. Still, seeing a fold out of place the younger girl wandered over and ran her hands softly against the fabric. She remembered the robe quite vividly and it brought a soft smile across her face. After her hands fixed the fold she took a step back and tucked her arms against her chest as she continued to think.

“I have noticed that a lot of the Republic and Sith politics are very open and out there. People could access it and know what is happening on a day to day basis. The Protectorate isn’t like that, they’re rather private and they work quickly. If the Republic shatters what is stopping the Protectorate from taking over as the new form of government?”

Looking out the small windows of the ship, the blond softly ran her hands through her hair. Her eyes closing attempting to listen to the Force, it had guided her to this point and with a soft sigh she looked back towards Ashin.

“Perhaps it is destiny, you are the woman who conquered a fourth of the galaxy and I will forever be at your side.”

14008_s.png
1z2efc5.jpg
Vida y Muerte

#26 Faithfully: post #26 Ashin Varanin

3,505 posts
Excellent
Posted 01 November 2013 - 12:12 PM
Ashin knotted the robe and tucked the loose ends into the belt. "The Republic will endure, or at least continue to exist. Too many new young voices believe in democracy, and the Republic may be a chrysalide's breakfast of a government, but it's the only functional democracy around, on a galactic scale anyway. And then they grow up, see the reality, and leave disillusioned, to be replaced by the next generation of the new and the young. They come to understand that leaders don't represent people, regardless of theory. A part of me wants to see all governments break. In some ways the Darkness was better than this self-important stagnation. There were no Darth Moridins to drive invasions into the hearts of Mandalorian territory, no Republic to try for Contruum and then leave its local allies to swing for it, no Omega Protectorate to assimilate their way to Maramere and Bespin for cloaked warships -- at least, that's the only reason anyone would set a trans-galactic beeline for Maramere, and TibannaX is something I've wanted for a long time. That might make me an anarchist."

She stood before a mirror, again, smoothing the robe over her body, accustoming herself to the new lines and curves of it. Spend time with Spencer she might, but it would take a few days and nights before she understood her new form. "Or it might make me a dictator. I haven't decided, frankly." The Dark Master cracked a smile and turned away from the mirror. "Feth, I love having hair and curves and nerve endings again. And considering I spent the last, oh, fifteen years in constant pain...well, I owe Val'Ryss Zankarr for rather a lot. Technically, I owe her for last night, come to think of it."

7govV4P.png
#27 Faithfully: post #27 Spencer Jacobs
The Trickster Yun-Harla

2,674 posts
Excellent
Posted 03 November 2013 - 02:55 PM
Last night, the thought made her turn a bright red as her eyes scanned the woman and then lingered onto the ground. Despite the time they had been together she was still shy about everything. The name Val’Ryss appeared again and Spencer felt her fingers press into her bicep as she stood there holding herself. The past that lingered around her and Val’Ryss was deep and with the knowledge of knowing that the woman was her ancestor made her feel different about the woman. Her hips shifted moving slightly to one side as she distributed her weight. Knowing that Val’Ryss had saved Ashin made her grateful, but it made her wonder if the woman would demand payment in the future. Spencer closed her eyes and remembered when the spirit visited her in the medical bay after her fight with Anaya.

“We both owe Val’Ryss, especially for last night and for the rest of our lives. Though it does make my wary and unsure if the woman will be knocking on our door asking for a favor because of this. She saved you and in turn saved me – deal with the devil sometimes can’t be helped.”

Not being able to fight it anymore, she moved forward and tucked her arms under Ashin’s pulling her closer. Her head rested gently against the woman collar, residing perfectly just under her chin. With a tight squeeze she held Ashin reminding herself that the woman was still there and no matter what happened in the end of things – she always had her. Sighing softly she pondered the thoughts they had discussed earlier, the Fringe was their home now and with that they could observe the governments. Looking up slightly she kissed the woman’s neck and pulled back down.

“The Fringe could be a catalyst to light a fire in the governments force a rebirth of the galaxy. It’s out of balance, the Force it doesn’t sing like it used too. There’s something wrong I feel it to my core.”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"Then you fix what you can in your own way..." She kissed the crown of Spencer's head and drew back. A subtle manipulation of Sith alchemy, Mask it was called, shifted and twisted her face into her old self. The face she'd worn when she first met Spencer -- scars and all.

"...and I'll fix what I can in mine." She kissed her mate fiercely -- drawing back had been an idea, but in execution she found it lacking, as if Spencer was magnetic. "As any face, as any name, I'll find the leverage I need to set things right. They'll call us hypocrites for having the arrogance to tear down the arrogant. But you're my mate, Spencer. You, the Chosen One, chose me, and I have to believe that's more than coincidence. Marry me. Please. And let's burn and break what we need to in order to build it all up again."

Closing her eyes she nodded listening to Ashin, the kiss made her smile and she blinked. She found Ashin’s face twisting and it caused an eyebrow raise, this was something new. Her features brightened as a face she hadn’t seen in some time reappear. Before she could react she found her lips tangled in a kiss. It broke and she was able to catch her breath, so much happened and she only had moments to catch her mind up. As Ashin spoke, she ran her fingers lightly against the scared face, everything feeling so familiar bringing her back to their beginning.

“Of course I’ll marry you, I want to destroy all of this and build it back up right. I wouldn’t have it any other way.”

Pulling Ashin closer she kissed the woman once more, the familiar feel of her lips reminded her of their beginning. She didn’t care about anything else beyond this, she had Ashin and that was all that mattered. Everything was given up for this moment and she would never regret anything. Pulling away she kept her eyes closed as she smirked. The woman called her the chosen one, it wasn’t the first time she had heard this, but she nowhere believed it.

“The Chosen One? And what have I been chosen to do? You’ve been reading to many old Jedi prophecies before bed or you've been listening to an old Whiphid, my love. I’m not different than anyone out there – I just tend to be a bit more determined.”

Pausing she quickly kissed the woman once more and ran her hand again against the familiar scars.

“Just tell me when and where and I’ll be your wife and mate forever.”

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
"The prophecy's a simple one, all told," she murmured. "Nothing earthshaking. No destiny to fulfill some stupid arrangement of the Hero's Journey. Your life has few if any similarities to archetype. But Force-born, focused on balance, drawing from both Jedi and Sith -- I've always believed Vader was the one, but in the end, those who say history has a destination tend to ignore...cycles. Resurgences. Vader was the genuine article...but so are you.

"Tonight. Let's run off to my homeworld, to Varunda Nine, right between Fringe territory and Omega. The whole place is full of Tyia spiritualists, priestesses and priests, good people. Better than us. It's a good place to get wed, spend a little...time together, and plan. Plan everything."

Spencer couldn’t help but chuckle. She had heard rumors of her life and her abilities mirroring the possibility of being a “Chosen One”. There were similarities, but she never really understood any of it. Their power levels were different and she constantly never saw herself as being someone with such powers mentioned in the prophecies. Shrugging, she decided to leave the conversation of her being some sort of chosen one alone. There were more important things to talk about and discuss.

She paused for a moment as her hand ran down Ashin’s face feeling everything familiar and then wrapped her arms slowly around the woman’s waist and held her close. What she was suggesting would probably infuriate Satara; the woman was determined on having family together during times like this. Spencer thought about it for a moment and then kissed Ashin quickly.

“Let’s go now, how fast can you get us there. I don’t think I can wait any longer. I want to be yours and only yours for the rest of our lives. I want to plan everything with you – I want you. Ashin if I need to conjure a force storm I will. I swear to the Force.”

Smiling happily she dragged the woman to the bridge.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Peregrine made excellent time, screaming through the space between the Fringe and the Protectorate -- the space which would soon come to be called the Neutral Zone. As they flew, Ashin attempted to make it very clear to Spencer how much she'd been missed.

They almost had to crack a window as they descended into the peaceful jungles of Varunda Nine. "This was my home," said Ashin, as the transport came in for a landing at a Tyia colony. The Force hummed here, sang. She gestured at the stands of waving, bulbous, colorful plants -- Reyvwian sentients. "This is the world I used to protect, a long time ago. I doubt they'll remember me, and I'm not sure I'd want them to, but this is the place to go to feel...peace. Feth, the blood I shed on this world, and for this world. It'll never be mine again, I don't think. I'll have to keep off it to keep the Protectorate at bay. This will be a neutral planet.

"But in the meantime...everyone here is capable of marrying us. Tyia Thuwisten, Ithorian priests..."

“Its beautiful, but I want to see it up close.”

The young woman yawned slightly, she was exhausted, but coming planet side quickly energized her. The Force was strong and it flowed with peace. It had been some time since she had felt the Force this way and it felt as if she had taken a heavy dose of Caff. She listened to Ashin as she looked at the things she pointed out. A smile crossed her face as she imagined Ashin in her youth, being here felt special and she would enjoy it.

There was far too much excitement building up in the young woman and she grasped her lover’s hand and dragged her quickly out of the ship. Taking in a deep breath she was happy she wasn’t cramped on the ship anymore, though without the security of the ship she couldn’t enjoy the return of her lover. Though there would be time for that after the wedding. Stopping still near the ship, she pondered Ashin’s suggestions. To her she just wanted to get married quickly so they could start the rest of their lives.

“Let’s head into the village, the first person we find they will marry us. Let the force guides us I mean – in the beginning its how we met?”

Wondering if what she said was a bit corny she grasped Ashin’s hand and dragged the woman along.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
Spencer's joy was infectious, and Ashin let herself be dragged along through the edge of the jungle. The forest was interwoven with the enclave, and with mobile groves of bobbing Tyia Thuwisten, mainly plant species. Another huge and shaggy lump disengaged from the enclave to meet them, and Ashin slowed but didn't stop.

"Him. Either you set this up or it's destiny. Either way...well, either way, I don't suppose I have a choice. Let's run with it."

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
What proper Blackguard would leave the Tyia tradition alone, its secrets unplumbed, its wielders unquestioned? Not this one. And good portions of the galaxy wanted him dead (though he was still months from the plans that would help him ensure basically universal hatred).

Whether he was being this, or Spencer was, or the Force itself, was not apparent in his yellow eyes as he bowed gently to them. And when their errand became clear, he was more than happy to officiate.

Feeling the slow of Ashin, Spencer looked over her shoulder. She followed the woman’s sight and found Velok doing well…what Velok does best…which was appearing at the right moment and at the most awkward of times. She stopped and tilted her head, the last Blackguard of course was here for another reason, but he seemed to be one of the main players of her fate. Everything started and ended with Velok – especially when it came to things happening to Spencer.

Still despite all of this, the girl smiled and waltzed up to the Whiphid.

“Master Velok, I shouldn’t be surprised to see you – you probably already know what I’m going to ask you….but will you marry my mate and me? I feel its fitting.

Taking a step back she wrapped her arms around Ashin’s waist and clung to the woman tightly. Both played such a heavy hand in her life and she wondered if this was how it was all planned out to be. The Force worked in odd ways and even Spencer would never fully understand it.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
@[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

The Dark Lord spent a long time laughing then. His whuffle boomed through the jungle, startling Tyia shamans both flora and fauna.

"Astonishingly, I have that authority, by local standards. I'm a Thuwisten, after all. Then again, I am everything. I take it you want something quick? You certainly didn't come here for me, but you asked me immediately. I can only assume that you were just looking for something...brief."

For a moment, an undefinable emotion flickered through the Whiphid's Force presence, and his yellow eyes.

"I take it, then, that you've both resolved to commit to each other and none else, for the rest of your lives? None of these Omegan or Circean marriages now."

"We have," said Ashin, with all the finality of swearing an oath.

Spencer stood confused as to why the Whiphid found this funny. Scratching her cheek lightly she wondered if she had mentioned something funny or if there was some inside joke between him, the Force and Ashin. The girl tried not to remain too occupied with trying to figure him out, if she did, Spencer knew that she would lose a lifetime with the questions. The smile returned to her face as she looked over towards Ashin. The woman answered for them and just to reiterate she nodded quickly.

If there’s anyone that’s been constant in my life that’s Ashin, without her I wouldn’t have survived – I owe her more than my life. I love her, I truly love her.

She thought quietly to herself as she glanced at Ashin and then nodded once more.

“We have and we’re ready to take that next step”

@[member="Velok"] @[member="Ashin Varanin"]

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

"Then there is only one more element to marriage, to true marriage, and that is the promise of continuation -- that you will work together, by whatever means necessary, to build something that will last. That you will continue to work, and grow together, forever." The Dark Lord shrugged. "What? I may not be a practitioner, but I'm a competent theorist."

Scraps of metal drifted from his pocket, gleaming and warping with alchemy, until two indestructible rings lay in the Whiphid's immense palm.

"Do you both swear to these conditions?"

"I do," said Ashin, claiming the smaller of the two rings.

Spencer nodded and became occupied with the metal twisting and forming with the Alchemy. It was one thing she could never learn, but she always enjoyed watching Ashin at work or Velok. Blinking, she broke her daze as she watched Ashin reach for the smaller ring and pledge her promise to the conditions Velok laid out for them. Grabbing the remaining ring she smiled and nodded.

"I do too."

She held the ring and looked it over a few times. She had never been to a wedding like this involving rings, the other wedding didn't get too far and the weddings on Dathomir were never this civilized at times.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler
The Dark Lord shrugged eloquently. "Then by the laws of Varunda's ninth moon -- your homeworld, I believe, Ashin -- I pronounce you wed. May your commitments be indestructible, your love fierce, your unity unquestionable, and your futures...interesting. And now, I think, my part in this slice of human drama -- so very, very human -- has ended. I have worlds to burn and institutions to consume. Carry on."

Velok ambled away into the jungle, leaving Ashin to get her heart rate under control and slip that indestructible little ring onto Spencer's finger.

"If you want this throne, or any throne, it's yours. I'll bow to you if you want it, serve as your right hand, make you queen of the galaxy. Name what you want. I'll make it happen."

Seeing the ritual that Ashin was offering she extended her hand and accepted the ring. Looking at the ring she hand in her hand she smiled and slipped hers onto Ashin. Listening to the woman's words Spencer just smiled and looked down at the ring upon her finger. She was forever Ashin's and Ashin was forever hers. Everything felt so surreal and she felt her face red with excitement.

"Ashin all I've ever wanted was you. I told you I never wanted to lose my usefulness to you, to have you love me was just icing on the cake. So what I want and what I'll always want is you and your love."

Reaching out she grasped Ashin then pulled the woman close into a deep and loving kiss.

Ashin Varanin

Professional Enabler

She'd barely brushed her hair, her clothes were nothing special, but Ashin couldn't find a single way that today fell short of the wedding day she'd always pictured. She returned the kiss with equal fervor and sincerity, until nearby plant-aliens blushed green or spontaneously pollinated.

When she broke away, she noted that she hadn't done as good of a job as she'd hoped at keeping her heart rate down.

"I love you," she said. "Just in case you forgot."

She dipped and looped her arm under Spencer's knees; the other went behind her shoulders, and she cuddled her wife close as she carried her into the forest with deliberate intent, the kind that requires privacy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom